Welcome Guest!
Create an Account
login email:
password:
site searchwhere to watchcontact usabout usadvertise with ushelp
Message Board

BobcatAttack.com Message Board
Ohio Basketball
Topic:  RE: 2022 MAC Men's Basketball transfer Tracker

Topic:  RE: 2022 MAC Men's Basketball transfer Tracker
Author
Message
Cellis033
General User



Member Since: 11/11/2021
Location: Powell, OH
Post Count: 990

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2022 MAC Men's Basketball transfer Tracker
   Posted: 3/28/2022 8:00:13 PM 
shabamon wrote:
Cellis033 wrote:
Correct me if I’m wrong but if McDay doesn’t return will we now be in possession of 3 open schollys?


If McDay, Granger, and BVP are out, we have one scholarship to work with, assuming we are honoring 13 scholarships.


Ah alright. Will be interesting to see how that will play out. Could Frazier or Estis get it OR potential transfer player?

Last Edited: 3/28/2022 8:00:58 PM by Cellis033


Chase
OU Engineering Technology and Management '24
O-Zone President
Bringing the noise!

Muck Fiami
Kent read, Kent write, Can't be a state!
Bowling Green Normal School

Back to Top
  
IceCat76
General User

Member Since: 12/5/2016
Location: Byfield, MA
Post Count: 199

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2022 MAC Men's Basketball transfer Tracker
   Posted: 3/28/2022 8:03:46 PM 
shabamon wrote:
Cellis033 wrote:
Correct me if I’m wrong but if McDay doesn’t return will we now be in possession of 3 open schollys?


If McDay, Granger, and BVP are out, we have one scholarship to work with, assuming we are honoring 13 scholarships.


Do we know for a fact that McDay is gone?
Back to Top
  
Cellis033
General User



Member Since: 11/11/2021
Location: Powell, OH
Post Count: 990

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2022 MAC Men's Basketball transfer Tracker
   Posted: 3/28/2022 8:21:03 PM 
IceCat76 wrote:
shabamon wrote:
Cellis033 wrote:
Correct me if I’m wrong but if McDay doesn’t return will we now be in possession of 3 open schollys?


If McDay, Granger, and BVP are out, we have one scholarship to work with, assuming we are honoring 13 scholarships.


Do we know for a fact that McDay is gone?


From the last update I heard, still on indefinite leave of absence for personal reasons. Haven't heard anything recent from the coaching staff about him.

Last Edited: 3/28/2022 8:24:14 PM by Cellis033


Chase
OU Engineering Technology and Management '24
O-Zone President
Bringing the noise!

Muck Fiami
Kent read, Kent write, Can't be a state!
Bowling Green Normal School

Back to Top
  
bobcatsquared
General User

Member Since: 12/20/2004
Post Count: 4,059

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2022 MAC Men's Basketball transfer Tracker
   Posted: 3/28/2022 8:26:15 PM 
David Skogman, UB. With the exception of Sparks at BSU, this is the biggest hit among all MAC schools. Versatile, skilled 6-10 stretch with 2 (maybe 3) years of eligibility left.

Some will disagree, but college sports is being killed by free agency, NIL, kowtowing to the all-mighty dollar, etc. . .
Back to Top
  
bobcatsquared
General User

Member Since: 12/20/2004
Post Count: 4,059

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2022 MAC Men's Basketball transfer Tracker
   Posted: 3/29/2022 10:13:53 AM 
IceCat76 wrote:
Do we know for a fact that McDay is gone?


At the risk of sounding cold-hearted, isn't this the right time for this situation to be figured out?

Are you on board? Then let's get ready for 2022-23. Have you lost interest in being part of Ohio Bobcat basketball? Then let's move on and free up your scholarship.
Back to Top
  
Deciduous Forest Cat
General User

Member Since: 12/20/2004
Location: Ohio
Post Count: 3,949

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2022 MAC Men's Basketball transfer Tracker
   Posted: 3/29/2022 11:36:31 AM 
bobcatsquared wrote:
IceCat76 wrote:
Do we know for a fact that McDay is gone?


At the risk of sounding cold-hearted, isn't this the right time for this situation to be figured out?

Are you on board? Then let's get ready for 2022-23. Have you lost interest in being part of Ohio Bobcat basketball? Then let's move on and free up your scholarship.


I agree. whatever his situation is, that's his business, but Boals said to Carter when he arrived that he needed both feet in. Same should apply here. Would love to have him back, but coach/team need commitment by this point one way or the other.
Back to Top
  
Cellis033
General User



Member Since: 11/11/2021
Location: Powell, OH
Post Count: 990

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2022 MAC Men's Basketball transfer Tracker
   Posted: 3/29/2022 5:17:36 PM 
Holy crap, Tanner Holden is in the transfer portal


Chase
OU Engineering Technology and Management '24
O-Zone President
Bringing the noise!

Muck Fiami
Kent read, Kent write, Can't be a state!
Bowling Green Normal School

Back to Top
  
RufusCat09
General User

Member Since: 12/14/2019
Post Count: 332

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2022 MAC Men's Basketball transfer Tracker
   Posted: 3/29/2022 7:19:12 PM 
bobcatsquared wrote:
David Skogman, UB. With the exception of Sparks at BSU, this is the biggest hit among all MAC schools. Versatile, skilled 6-10 stretch with 2 (maybe 3) years of eligibility left.

Some will disagree, but college sports is being killed by free agency, NIL, kowtowing to the all-mighty dollar, etc. . .


How about Jeenathan Williams and Ronaldo Segu from Buffalo intending to forego remaining eligibility in order to play professionally? Not sure if that means they can't come back as in they are testing the waters? or if it's for good.
Back to Top
  
RufusCat09
General User

Member Since: 12/14/2019
Post Count: 332

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2022 MAC Men's Basketball transfer Tracker
   Posted: 3/29/2022 7:21:51 PM 
Cellis033 wrote:
Holy crap, Tanner Holden is in the transfer portal


Would love to see it but I'd imagine he'll go to a higher level school (BIG 10, ACC, etc.) lol

Dude is a straight baller though. 20ppg, 7rpg, 2.6apg..niiiiice
Back to Top
  
BillyTheCat
General User

Member Since: 10/6/2012
Post Count: 8,268

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2022 MAC Men's Basketball transfer Tracker
   Posted: 3/30/2022 9:48:36 AM 
RufusCat09 wrote:
Cellis033 wrote:
Holy crap, Tanner Holden is in the transfer portal


Would love to see it but I'd imagine he'll go to a higher level school (BIG 10, ACC, etc.) lol

Dude is a straight baller though. 20ppg, 7rpg, 2.6apg..niiiiice


This is what the problem for mid majors will be and it will only get worse. Mid's will be victimized by their own success.
Back to Top
  
CatsUp
General User

Member Since: 4/15/2019
Post Count: 600

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2022 MAC Men's Basketball transfer Tracker
   Posted: 3/30/2022 10:12:34 AM 
BillyTheCat wrote:
RufusCat09 wrote:
Cellis033 wrote:
Holy crap, Tanner Holden is in the transfer portal


Would love to see it but I'd imagine he'll go to a higher level school (BIG 10, ACC, etc.) lol

Dude is a straight baller though. 20ppg, 7rpg, 2.6apg..niiiiice


This is what the problem for mid majors will be and it will only get worse. Mid's will be victimized by their own success.


I’m hoping a “wild card” the mid-majors may have available to them in the future is players 6-8, or so, on majors, having been relegated, will transfer too. Overall though I agree. Not a good thing for mids.
Back to Top
  
cc-cat
General User

Member Since: 4/5/2006
Location: matthews, NC
Post Count: 3,603

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2022 MAC Men's Basketball transfer Tracker
   Posted: 3/30/2022 10:19:01 AM 
BillyTheCat wrote:
This is what the problem for mid majors will be and it will only get worse. Mid's will be victimized by their own success.


Coaches jump for big paydays (as always) and now players will be further poached away. Mid-Majors have always suffered loss due to success (see John Groce and Shaheen Holloway). At least now the coaches are not the only ones benefiting from success on the court.

Last Edited: 3/30/2022 10:22:53 AM by cc-cat

Back to Top
  
BillyTheCat
General User

Member Since: 10/6/2012
Post Count: 8,268

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2022 MAC Men's Basketball transfer Tracker
   Posted: 3/30/2022 10:33:00 AM 
cc-cat wrote:
BillyTheCat wrote:
This is what the problem for mid majors will be and it will only get worse. Mid's will be victimized by their own success.


Coaches jump for big paydays (as always) and now players will be further poached away. Mid-Majors have always suffered loss due to success (see John Groce and Shaheen Holloway). At least now the coaches are not the only ones benefiting from success on the court.


Except that when you look at the reality of the fact that more people go down, even to having to pay their own schooling, and even out of basketball and that free education altogether, than actually go up. For every Tanner Holden and BVP, there will be 6 guys you never heard of, and will never hear of again, who will be out of the game, and out of the opportunity to attend school.
Back to Top
  
cc-cat
General User

Member Since: 4/5/2006
Location: matthews, NC
Post Count: 3,603

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2022 MAC Men's Basketball transfer Tracker
   Posted: 3/30/2022 11:01:57 AM 
Nothing new here - the majority of players that transferred out of Ohio between 1980 and 2021 either transferred down or gave up the game. Same is true for other schools - and still others players had their scholarships either taken away or threatened with retraction so "you may as well transfer... and I'll help you - but you can't transfer here, or here, or here, or here...
Back to Top
  
Pataskala
General User

Member Since: 7/8/2010
Location: At least six feet away from anybody else
Post Count: 8,802

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2022 MAC Men's Basketball transfer Tracker
   Posted: 3/30/2022 11:16:00 AM 
cc-cat wrote:
Nothing new here - the majority of players that transferred out of Ohio between 1980 and 2021 either transferred down or gave up the game. Same is true for other schools - and still others players had their scholarships either taken away or threatened with retraction so "you may as well transfer... and I'll help you - but you can't transfer here, or here, or here, or here...


The issue of where players could transfer was always a big one. For coaches, their contracts might (or might not) have a non-compete clause that spells out where they can't go within a certain timeframe, usually within the conference. But for players it was completely arbitrary at the coach's whim. One player might be precluded from going to another school within the conference while for another it might be within the conference and certain other specific schools. There was nothing spelled out ahead of time and it all depended on how much the coach wanted to screw the player.


We will get by.
We will get by.
We will get by.
We will survive.

Back to Top
  
BillyTheCat
General User

Member Since: 10/6/2012
Post Count: 8,268

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2022 MAC Men's Basketball transfer Tracker
   Posted: 3/30/2022 11:16:03 AM 
cc-cat wrote:
Nothing new here - the majority of players that transferred out of Ohio between 1980 and 2021 either transferred down or gave up the game. Same is true for other schools - and still others players had their scholarships either taken away or threatened with retraction so "you may as well transfer... and I'll help you - but you can't transfer here, or here, or here, or here...


But tell an 18-19 year old that they are not going to get a better deal or situation than what they already have. Bottom line, in MOST cases, these kids have people giving them bad advice.
Back to Top
  
Eagle66
General User

Member Since: 3/13/2005
Location: Cleveland, OH
Post Count: 1,272

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2022 MAC Men's Basketball transfer Tracker
   Posted: 3/30/2022 2:01:13 PM 
Added a few more… including Ali from Akron, Fagan from UB, and Hankerson from NIU
Back to Top
  
ohio9704
General User

Member Since: 2/11/2006
Post Count: 1,458

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2022 MAC Men's Basketball transfer Tracker
   Posted: 3/30/2022 7:32:07 PM 
Sears is in the portal.

https://twitter.com/TheScottWhittle/status/15093081279586...

Last Edited: 3/30/2022 7:32:32 PM by ohio9704

Back to Top
  
RufusCat09
General User

Member Since: 12/14/2019
Post Count: 332

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2022 MAC Men's Basketball transfer Tracker
   Posted: 3/30/2022 7:35:13 PM 
Welp, that sucks. Welcome to Free Agency in college basketball. You have a good year or two and you hope to move up to a better team.
Back to Top
  
Cellis033
General User



Member Since: 11/11/2021
Location: Powell, OH
Post Count: 990

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2022 MAC Men's Basketball transfer Tracker
   Posted: 3/30/2022 8:44:08 PM 
I need a beer.


Chase
OU Engineering Technology and Management '24
O-Zone President
Bringing the noise!

Muck Fiami
Kent read, Kent write, Can't be a state!
Bowling Green Normal School

Back to Top
  
Cellis033
General User



Member Since: 11/11/2021
Location: Powell, OH
Post Count: 990

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2022 MAC Men's Basketball transfer Tracker
   Posted: 3/30/2022 10:02:55 PM 
Montavious Myrick of NIU now in portal.


Chase
OU Engineering Technology and Management '24
O-Zone President
Bringing the noise!

Muck Fiami
Kent read, Kent write, Can't be a state!
Bowling Green Normal School

Back to Top
  
Andrew Ruck
General User



Member Since: 12/22/2004
Location: Columbus, OH
Post Count: 3,904

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2022 MAC Men's Basketball transfer Tracker
   Posted: 3/31/2022 9:29:10 AM 
BillyTheCat wrote:
But tell an 18-19 year old that they are not going to get a better deal or situation than what they already have. Bottom line, in MOST cases, these kids have people giving them bad advice.


100%.

My suspicion/hope is it will be really bad for the next 5 years and at some point logic/reason/evidence will prevail and we'll come down from the peak and see less player movement.


Andrew Ruck
B.B.A. 2003

Back to Top
  
Cellis033
General User



Member Since: 11/11/2021
Location: Powell, OH
Post Count: 990

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2022 MAC Men's Basketball transfer Tracker
   Posted: 3/31/2022 2:32:37 PM 
Andrew Ruck wrote:
BillyTheCat wrote:
But tell an 18-19 year old that they are not going to get a better deal or situation than what they already have. Bottom line, in MOST cases, these kids have people giving them bad advice.


100%.

My suspicion/hope is it will be really bad for the next 5 years and at some point logic/reason/evidence will prevail and we'll come down from the peak and see less player movement.


Agreed with this.


Chase
OU Engineering Technology and Management '24
O-Zone President
Bringing the noise!

Muck Fiami
Kent read, Kent write, Can't be a state!
Bowling Green Normal School

Back to Top
  
Cellis033
General User



Member Since: 11/11/2021
Location: Powell, OH
Post Count: 990

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2022 MAC Men's Basketball transfer Tracker
   Posted: 3/31/2022 2:34:16 PM 
Completely off topic and likely won’t happen, but imagine if we somehow got Shareef O’Neal

Last Edited: 3/31/2022 2:34:33 PM by Cellis033


Chase
OU Engineering Technology and Management '24
O-Zone President
Bringing the noise!

Muck Fiami
Kent read, Kent write, Can't be a state!
Bowling Green Normal School

Back to Top
  
Cellis033
General User



Member Since: 11/11/2021
Location: Powell, OH
Post Count: 990

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2022 MAC Men's Basketball transfer Tracker
   Posted: 3/31/2022 2:52:18 PM 
Oscar Lopez Jr. from Central and Aziz Bandaogo from Akron now in the portal.


Chase
OU Engineering Technology and Management '24
O-Zone President
Bringing the noise!

Muck Fiami
Kent read, Kent write, Can't be a state!
Bowling Green Normal School

Back to Top
  
Showing Replies:  26 - 50  of 245 Posts
Jump to Page:  < Previous    1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10    Next >
View Other 'Ohio Basketball' Topics
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             







Copyright ©2022 BobcatAttack.com. All rights reserved.  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Use
Partner of USA TODAY Sports Digital Properties