Welcome Guest!
Create an Account
login email:
password:
site searchwhere to watchcontact usabout usadvertise with ushelp
Message Board

BobcatAttack.com Message Board
Ohio Basketball
Topic:  New player coming soon

Topic:  New player coming soon
Author
Message
BillyTheCat
General User

Member Since: 10/6/2012
Post Count: 8,083

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  New player coming soon
   Posted: 5/18/2022 4:50:34 PM 
FYI
Back to Top
  
RSBobcat
General User



Member Since: 8/22/2010
Location: Columbus, OH
Post Count: 4,218

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: New player coming soon
   Posted: 5/19/2022 12:03:06 AM 
BillyTheCat wrote:
FYI


The Messiah?

Better I guess than a cryptical "The end is near" post....




RS Bobcat

Back to Top
  
FJC31
General User

Member Since: 3/31/2022
Post Count: 90

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: New player coming soon
   Posted: 5/19/2022 8:12:24 AM 
BillyTheCat wrote:
FYI


Baker? Not sure who else it could be as I haven’t seen any new names surface recently. All for being surprised, however.
Back to Top
  
longtiimelurker
General User

Member Since: 2/2/2017
Post Count: 519

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: New player coming soon
   Posted: 5/19/2022 8:13:05 AM 
BillyTheCat wrote:
FYI


WTF?


Must be good to feel powerful as an insider. Can't wait to let the world know you know something. We can all make the same statement and it would be true in the future. Broken clock is right twice a day.
Back to Top
  
The Optimist
General User



Member Since: 3/16/2007
Location: CLE
Post Count: 5,418

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: New player coming soon
   Posted: 5/19/2022 9:19:24 AM 
longtiimelurker wrote:
BillyTheCat wrote:
FYI


WTF?


Must be good to feel powerful as an insider. Can't wait to let the world know you know something. We can all make the same statement and it would be true in the future. Broken clock is right twice a day.


Many could assume a new player was due when we found out Sam Towns was transferring.

In the current landscape of CBB, I don't think it's too likely we will go into a season with an unfilled scholarship. It was unlikely (but would occasionally happen) in the past and now it's even more unlikely.


I've seen crazier things happen.

Back to Top
  
shabamon
General User



Member Since: 11/17/2006
Location: Cincinnati
Post Count: 4,831

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: New player coming soon
   Posted: 5/19/2022 9:33:49 AM 
The Optimist wrote:
longtiimelurker wrote:
BillyTheCat wrote:
FYI


WTF?


Must be good to feel powerful as an insider. Can't wait to let the world know you know something. We can all make the same statement and it would be true in the future. Broken clock is right twice a day.


Many could assume a new player was due when we found out Sam Towns was transferring.

In the current landscape of CBB, I don't think it's too likely we will go into a season with an unfilled scholarship. It was unlikely (but would occasionally happen) in the past and now it's even more unlikely.


Ever since 2016/17 when Khari and Wadley were redshirted and then Tony went down midseason, we've pretty much had some sort of health concerns each season. Women have had it far worse the past two years and they're allowed 15 scholarships. No way we should ever sit on an open scholarship.
Back to Top
  
BillyTheCat
General User

Member Since: 10/6/2012
Post Count: 8,083

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: New player coming soon
   Posted: 5/19/2022 10:37:49 AM 
longtiimelurker wrote:
BillyTheCat wrote:
FYI


WTF?


Must be good to feel powerful as an insider. Can't wait to let the world know you know something. We can all make the same statement and it would be true in the future. Broken clock is right twice a day.


Little sensitive today?
Back to Top
  
Obc2
General User

Member Since: 11/8/2007
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Post Count: 571

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: New player coming soon
   Posted: 5/19/2022 12:45:07 PM 
Coach Boals said a recruit was coming to athens this past weekend at the cincy bobcat bash.

Wonder if thats "him"?
Back to Top
  
et167807
General User

Member Since: 3/3/2018
Post Count: 16

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: New player coming soon
   Posted: 5/19/2022 1:59:35 PM 
https://www.instagram.com/p/Cdv3ATLuvHo/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y =

Devon Baker
Back to Top
  
The Optimist
General User



Member Since: 3/16/2007
Location: CLE
Post Count: 5,418

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: New player coming soon
   Posted: 5/19/2022 2:06:35 PM 
et167807 wrote:
https://www.instagram.com/p/Cdv3ATLuvHo/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y =

Devon Baker


Nice!


I've seen crazier things happen.

Back to Top
  
FJC31
General User

Member Since: 3/31/2022
Post Count: 90

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: New player coming soon
   Posted: 5/19/2022 2:12:33 PM 
The Optimist wrote:
et167807 wrote:
https://www.instagram.com/p/Cdv3ATLuvHo/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y =

Devon Baker


Nice!


Let me get those UNC-Asheville numbers. Like this add a lot.
Back to Top
  
cc-cat
General User

Member Since: 4/5/2006
Location: matthews, NC
Post Count: 3,564

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: New player coming soon
   Posted: 5/19/2022 2:30:05 PM 
FJC31 wrote:
Let me get those UNC-Asheville numbers. Like this add a lot.


And Tulane's. Kids enjoyed some good college locations: Asheville, New Orleans (filthy but...), and now Athens.
Back to Top
  
greencat
General User



Member Since: 3/12/2005
Post Count: 1,299

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: New player coming soon
   Posted: 5/19/2022 2:48:34 PM 
Looks like Fiami and Wright State were two of his offers out of high school.
Back to Top
  
BurritoBuggy4
General User

Member Since: 4/19/2021
Post Count: 72

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: New player coming soon
   Posted: 5/19/2022 4:46:23 PM 
Anybody know how many years of eligibility he had left? Looks like that third season at UNCA only involved 8 games. So if that was a redshirt season, then he's played 3 years. But with the added year of COVID eligibility, it seems like he could have two years remaining.

Anybody know?
Back to Top
  
cc-cat
General User

Member Since: 4/5/2006
Location: matthews, NC
Post Count: 3,564

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: New player coming soon
   Posted: 5/19/2022 8:32:52 PM 
only one source so could be wrong - says he had 2 years when transferring to tulane - so 1 left

https://tulanegreenwave.com/news/2021/4/26/mens-basketbal...
Back to Top
  
BurritoBuggy4
General User

Member Since: 4/19/2021
Post Count: 72

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: New player coming soon
   Posted: 5/20/2022 8:30:53 AM 
cc-cat wrote:
only one source so could be wrong - says he had 2 years when transferring to tulane - so 1 left

https://tulanegreenwave.com/news/2021/4/26/mens-basketbal...


Dang.
Back to Top
  
El Gato Roberto
General User



Member Since: 12/20/2004
Location: Illinois
Post Count: 944

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: New player coming soon
   Posted: 5/20/2022 11:18:22 AM 
FJC31 wrote:
The Optimist wrote:
et167807 wrote:
https://www.instagram.com/p/Cdv3ATLuvHo/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y =

Devon Baker


Nice!


Let me get those UNC-Asheville numbers. Like this add a lot.


I see he’s wearing #20…trying to recall if a player has worn 20, since Trent.


"The name's Ohio University, but everybody calls me Ohio. Any of you guys call me Ohio U, and I'll kill you."

Back to Top
  
Cats5
General User

Member Since: 6/14/2017
Post Count: 584

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: New player coming soon
   Posted: 5/20/2022 11:27:53 AM 
El Gato Roberto wrote:
FJC31 wrote:
The Optimist wrote:
et167807 wrote:
https://www.instagram.com/p/Cdv3ATLuvHo/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y =

Devon Baker


Nice!


Let me get those UNC-Asheville numbers. Like this add a lot.


I see he’s wearing #20…trying to recall if a player has worn 20, since Trent.


#20 is retired though right???
Back to Top
  
stub
General User

Member Since: 12/20/2004
Post Count: 911

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: New player coming soon
   Posted: 5/20/2022 2:04:03 PM 
I think only Baumholz.

Back to Top
  
bornacatfan
General User



Member Since: 8/3/2006
Post Count: 5,645

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: New player coming soon
   Posted: 5/20/2022 6:54:04 PM 
Cats5 wrote:
El Gato Roberto wrote:
FJC31 wrote:
The Optimist wrote:
et167807 wrote:
https://www.instagram.com/p/Cdv3ATLuvHo/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y =

Devon Baker


Nice!


Let me get those UNC-Asheville numbers. Like this add a lot.


I see he’s wearing #20…trying to recall if a player has worn 20, since Trent.


#20 is retired though right???


20
Ricardo Johnson ................................................. 2011-14
Stacey Waters..............................................................2009
Robert Mercer.............................................................2007
Ken Ottrix .....................................................................2006
Gary Trent.............................................................. 1994-95
Chad Gill ................................................................ 1990-93
Jerry Hammond.........................................................1989
Robert Tatum ....................................................... 1983-86
Kirk Lehman.......................................................... 1979-82
Greg Winbush.............................................................1977
Bucky Walden .............................................................1976
Dave Terek....................................................................1975
Bill Brown............................................................... 1973-74
Mark Derer...................................................................1973
Bill Brown......................................................................1972
Larry Hunter......................................................... 1969-71
Dave Brown .......................................................... 1965-66
Bill Sherman ................................................................1963
Mike Schuler......................................................... 1961-62
Dale Bandy............................................................ 1958-60
Dan Lechner......................................................... 1952-53


never argue with idiots, they bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Winter comes and asks how you spent your summer.....

The game loves and rewards those who love and reward the game

Back to Top
  
El Gato Roberto
General User



Member Since: 12/20/2004
Location: Illinois
Post Count: 944

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: New player coming soon
   Posted: 5/20/2022 11:13:43 PM 
bornacatfan wrote:
Cats5 wrote:
El Gato Roberto wrote:
FJC31 wrote:
The Optimist wrote:
et167807 wrote:
https://www.instagram.com/p/Cdv3ATLuvHo/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y =

Devon Baker


Nice!


Let me get those UNC-Asheville numbers. Like this add a lot.


I see he’s wearing #20…trying to recall if a player has worn 20, since Trent.


#20 is retired though right???


20
Ricardo Johnson ................................................. 2011-14
Stacey Waters..............................................................2009
Robert Mercer.............................................................2007
Ken Ottrix .....................................................................2006
Gary Trent.............................................................. 1994-95
Chad Gill ................................................................ 1990-93
Jerry Hammond.........................................................1989
Robert Tatum ....................................................... 1983-86
Kirk Lehman.......................................................... 1979-82
Greg Winbush.............................................................1977
Bucky Walden .............................................................1976
Dave Terek....................................................................1975
Bill Brown............................................................... 1973-74
Mark Derer...................................................................1973
Bill Brown......................................................................1972
Larry Hunter......................................................... 1969-71
Dave Brown .......................................................... 1965-66
Bill Sherman ................................................................1963
Mike Schuler......................................................... 1961-62
Dale Bandy............................................................ 1958-60
Dan Lechner......................................................... 1952-53


Thanks for the research, Borna!

Proving that there is a difference between “in the rafters” and “retired”.

Last Edited: 5/20/2022 11:14:55 PM by El Gato Roberto


"The name's Ohio University, but everybody calls me Ohio. Any of you guys call me Ohio U, and I'll kill you."

Back to Top
  
Victory
General User

Member Since: 3/10/2012
Post Count: 1,205

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: New player coming soon
   Posted: 5/21/2022 9:43:09 AM 
Trent's number wasn't retired until 2012. They have not given it to a new player since. I don't know if it means that they won't under any circumstance. I wonder how many kids in the portal make getting their number a priority.
Back to Top
  
Pataskala
General User

Member Since: 7/8/2010
Location: At least six feet away from anybody else
Post Count: 8,606

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: New player coming soon
   Posted: 5/21/2022 3:47:27 PM 
Victory wrote:
Trent's number wasn't retired until 2012. They have not given it to a new player since. I don't know if it means that they won't under any circumstance. I wonder how many kids in the portal make getting their number a priority.


Just the NIL number.


We will get by.
We will get by.
We will get by.
We will survive.

Back to Top
  
Bobcat Love
General User

Member Since: 12/20/2004
Post Count: 865

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: New player coming soon
   Posted: 5/21/2022 6:01:16 PM 
Has anyone heard the story about Ken Ottrix reaching out to Gary to ask him if could wear #20?
Back to Top
  
Diamond Cat
General User



Member Since: 12/20/2004
Post Count: 760

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: New player coming soon
   Posted: 5/22/2022 11:57:53 AM 
I know this is (unfortunately) the new world but 8 new dudes coming in the same year? So much could go right or wrong trying to manage that for JB. If anyone can, I have my money on JB.
Back to Top
  
Showing Replies:  1 - 25  of 45 Posts
Jump to Page:  1 | 2    Next >
View Other 'Ohio Basketball' Topics
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             







Copyright ©2022 BobcatAttack.com. All rights reserved.  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Use
Partner of USA TODAY Sports Digital Properties