Welcome Guest!
Create an Account
login email:
password:
site searchwhere to watchcontact usabout usadvertise with ushelp
Message Board

BobcatAttack.com Message Board
Ohio Basketball
Topic:  Boals/Geno Podcast

Topic:  Boals/Geno Podcast
Author
Message
FearLeon
General User



Member Since: 3/12/2005
Post Count: 3,036

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  Boals/Geno Podcast
   Posted: 11/2/2022 9:27:47 PM 
The latest Bobcat tracks features Boals and Geno and it's LOL funny. Amazing stories about Coach Hunter and the Pre-Season NIT '94 champions squad. A must listen. Wish it were 60 minutes and not 27 minutes.


Apple: http://apple.co/3unOcgS

Last Edited: 11/2/2022 9:28:54 PM by FearLeon


#BleedGreen #TrentIsGOAT

Back to Top
  
RSBobcat
General User



Member Since: 8/22/2010
Location: Columbus, OH
Post Count: 4,259

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Boals/Geno Podcast
   Posted: 11/2/2022 11:06:39 PM 
FearLeon wrote:
The latest Bobcat tracks features Boals and Geno and it's LOL funny. Amazing stories about Coach Hunter and the Pre-Season NIT '94 champions squad. A must listen. Wish it were 60 minutes and not 27 minutes.


Apple: http://apple.co/3unOcgS


Thx for that link - Lotta Great Stuff!!!!


RS Bobcat

Back to Top
  
Cellis033
General User



Member Since: 11/11/2021
Location: Powell, OH
Post Count: 1,077

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Boals/Geno Podcast
   Posted: 11/4/2022 9:41:17 AM 
So cool to listen to both Geno and Jeff tell stories of 90's MAC basketball. Favorite story was when Boals put a brutal screen on an opposing PG trying to guard Geno.


Chase
OU Engineering Technology and Management '24
O-Zone President
Bringing the noise!

Muck Fiami
Kent read, Kent write, Can't be a state!
Bowling Green Normal School

Back to Top
  
OhioCatFan
General User



Member Since: 12/20/2004
Location: Athens, OH
Post Count: 12,728

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Boals/Geno Podcast
   Posted: 11/4/2022 11:22:47 AM 
Cellis033 wrote:
So cool to listen to both Geno and Jeff tell stories of 90's MAC basketball. Favorite story was when Boals put a brutal screen on an opposing PG trying to guard Geno.


Back court picks were Boals' specialty. I've seen none better. If they kept a stat on the most brutal but legal picks Boals would have been #1 in the nation.


"It is better to be an optimist and be proven a fool than to be a pessimist and be proven right."

Note: My avatar is the national colors of the 78th Ohio Veteran Volunteer Infantry, which are now preserved in a climate controlled vault at the Ohio History Connection. Learn more about the old 78th at: http://www.78ohio.org

Back to Top
  
Cellis033
General User



Member Since: 11/11/2021
Location: Powell, OH
Post Count: 1,077

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Boals/Geno Podcast
   Posted: 11/4/2022 12:31:45 PM 
OhioCatFan wrote:
Cellis033 wrote:
So cool to listen to both Geno and Jeff tell stories of 90's MAC basketball. Favorite story was when Boals put a brutal screen on an opposing PG trying to guard Geno.


Back court picks were Boals' specialty. I've seen none better. If they kept a stat on the most brutal but legal picks Boals would have been #1 in the nation.


Crazy to think how much physicality was present in those days. I’d pay to go back and experience it


Chase
OU Engineering Technology and Management '24
O-Zone President
Bringing the noise!

Muck Fiami
Kent read, Kent write, Can't be a state!
Bowling Green Normal School

Back to Top
  
Recovering Journalist
General User

Member Since: 8/17/2010
Location: Cleveland, OH
Post Count: 1,784

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Boals/Geno Podcast
   Posted: 11/4/2022 1:23:29 PM 
Really enjoyable, especially for an old man who was sitting in the yet-to-be-named Ozone for those years. I appreciated Geno's full-throated disdain for O$U and disappointment in Ohio alumni who support them. Geno was not just blowing smoke when he said the MAC was by far the strongest mid-major league back then. Amazing to think the league was churning out that many NBA players, and sad to realize that heyday will never return.
Back to Top
  
OU_Country
General User



Member Since: 12/6/2005
Location: On the road between Athens and Madison County
Post Count: 8,183

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Boals/Geno Podcast
   Posted: 11/10/2022 3:30:04 PM 
Looks like I have some good listening material for the ride down on Saturday morning. Thanks!
Back to Top
  
FearLeon
General User



Member Since: 3/12/2005
Post Count: 3,036

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Boals/Geno Podcast
   Posted: 11/10/2022 9:20:56 PM 
OU_Country wrote:
Looks like I have some good listening material for the ride down on Saturday morning. Thanks!


Curious what ya think. You’ll love it.


#BleedGreen #TrentIsGOAT

Back to Top
  
OU_Country
General User



Member Since: 12/6/2005
Location: On the road between Athens and Madison County
Post Count: 8,183

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Boals/Geno Podcast
   Posted: 11/14/2022 1:55:40 PM 
FearLeon wrote:
OU_Country wrote:
Looks like I have some good listening material for the ride down on Saturday morning. Thanks!


Curious what ya think. You’ll love it.


I listened to that one, plus the Green light podcast on the way to A-town. The one with Geno was clearly more entertaining, but both were good.
Back to Top
  
FearLeon
General User



Member Since: 3/12/2005
Post Count: 3,036

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Boals/Geno Podcast
   Posted: 11/14/2022 2:51:02 PM 
OU_Country wrote:
FearLeon wrote:
OU_Country wrote:
Looks like I have some good listening material for the ride down on Saturday morning. Thanks!


Curious what ya think. You’ll love it.


I listened to that one, plus the Green light podcast on the way to A-town. The one with Geno was clearly more entertaining, but both were good.


+1

Mike Reese turning to Geno and asking..."who are we playing again tonight"...right before the UCONN game in Hawaii is an all-timer truly.




#BleedGreen #TrentIsGOAT

Back to Top
  
JAF
General User

Member Since: 4/22/2011
Post Count: 29

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Boals/Geno Podcast
   Posted: 11/15/2022 9:58:09 AM 
I took that coaching of basketball fundamentals class that Geno referenced. That is seriously in the top 5 hardest classes I had the pleasure of taking in Athens.

And not to speak ill of the dead, but Geno was spot on in saying Coach Hunter was kind of a dick in that class too. It was an experience to be sure!
Back to Top
  
FearLeon
General User



Member Since: 3/12/2005
Post Count: 3,036

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Boals/Geno Podcast
   Posted: 11/15/2022 11:04:57 AM 
JAF wrote:
I took that coaching of basketball fundamentals class that Geno referenced. That is seriously in the top 5 hardest classes I had the pleasure of taking in Athens.

And not to speak ill of the dead, but Geno was spot on in saying Coach Hunter was kind of a dick in that class too. It was an experience to be sure!


I took it as well. Boals and Trent were in the class. Trent was a freshman.

Hunter took it seriously and I was glad to escape with a B-.....hahaha.




#BleedGreen #TrentIsGOAT

Back to Top
  
Showing Replies:  1 - 12  of 12 Posts
Jump to Page:  1
View Other 'Ohio Basketball' Topics
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             







Copyright ©2022 BobcatAttack.com. All rights reserved.  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Use
Partner of USA TODAY Sports Digital Properties