Welcome Guest!
Create an Account
login email:
password:
site searchwhere to watchcontact usabout usadvertise with ushelp
Message Board

BobcatAttack.com Message Board
Ohio Basketball
Topic:  RE: Official Game 1 Thread: Belmont

Topic:  RE: Official Game 1 Thread: Belmont
Author
Message
CatsUp
General User

Member Since: 4/15/2019
Post Count: 634

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 1 Thread: Belmont
   Posted: 11/7/2022 9:13:09 PM 
Bobcat1998 wrote:
M.D.W.S.T wrote:
LuckySparrow wrote:
We have talent and potentially some exciting players but no infrastructure on offense or defense yet.


What we are - and will probably struggle with for a while - is everyone figuring out their role.

The last two years we've been lucky to have Preston and Sears be the guy you can lean on, the guy who will take the big shot, the guy who the offense can run through, the guy who has the ball in hands...

So far I've seen four different people at PG.

This offense looks like shirts and skins at Ping.


Belmont is a "team" already. We are what Kent and Akron are every year: a work in progress with big pieces who figure it out in March.


Címon man. Belmont lost seven of their top eight scorers from last season.
Back to Top
  
colobobcat66
General User

Member Since: 9/1/2006
Location: Watching the bobcats run outside my window., CO
Post Count: 3,786

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 1 Thread: Belmont
   Posted: 11/7/2022 9:36:38 PM 
Tough loss. Move on
Back to Top
  
FearLeon
General User



Member Since: 3/12/2005
Post Count: 3,021

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 1 Thread: Belmont
   Posted: 11/7/2022 9:36:49 PM 
Absolutely disgusting and gutted.


#BleedGreen #TrentIsGOAT

Back to Top
  
Bobcat1998
General User

Member Since: 11/7/2012
Post Count: 1,923

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 1 Thread: Belmont
   Posted: 11/7/2022 9:38:23 PM 
CatsUp wrote:
Bobcat1998 wrote:
M.D.W.S.T wrote:
LuckySparrow wrote:
We have talent and potentially some exciting players but no infrastructure on offense or defense yet.


What we are - and will probably struggle with for a while - is everyone figuring out their role.

The last two years we've been lucky to have Preston and Sears be the guy you can lean on, the guy who will take the big shot, the guy who the offense can run through, the guy who has the ball in hands...

So far I've seen four different people at PG.

This offense looks like shirts and skins at Ping.


Belmont is a "team" already. We are what Kent and Akron are every year: a work in progress with big pieces who figure it out in March.


Címon man. Belmont lost seven of their top eight scorers from last season.


Yes but they didn't bring in multiple transfers. They developed freshmen. We got beat by freshmen tonight who had no bad habits. Some of our transfers will need to unlearn what they think they know.
Back to Top
  
shabamon
General User



Member Since: 11/17/2006
Location: Cincinnati
Post Count: 5,092

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 1 Thread: Belmont
   Posted: 11/7/2022 9:38:34 PM 
I cannot, um I , what, I
Back to Top
  
FJC31
General User

Member Since: 3/31/2022
Post Count: 194

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 1 Thread: Belmont
   Posted: 11/7/2022 9:39:48 PM 
Wow. Helluva comeback for a game we played awful for the vast majority of.
Back to Top
  
RufusCat09
General User

Member Since: 12/14/2019
Post Count: 362

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 1 Thread: Belmont
   Posted: 11/7/2022 9:40:52 PM 
I just had a feeling the comeback was too good to be true considering how bad we played for most of the game. Oh well.
Back to Top
  
Cellis033
General User



Member Since: 11/11/2021
Location: Powell, OH
Post Count: 1,070

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 1 Thread: Belmont
   Posted: 11/7/2022 9:41:41 PM 
Brutal loss, we had that game. We in the O-Zone are going to give the guys an atmosphere on the 12th.


Chase
OU Engineering Technology and Management '24
O-Zone President
Bringing the noise!

Muck Fiami
Kent read, Kent write, Can't be a state!
Bowling Green Normal School

Back to Top
  
IceCat76
General User

Member Since: 12/5/2016
Location: Byfield, MA
Post Count: 203

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 1 Thread: Belmont
   Posted: 11/7/2022 9:41:42 PM 
That is what they mean by ďhome cookingĒ
Back to Top
  
FearLeon
General User



Member Since: 3/12/2005
Post Count: 3,021

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 1 Thread: Belmont
   Posted: 11/7/2022 9:43:33 PM 
Anyone know if Boals did post-game? I missed it. Looking at the replay....Tyson was Roderick man and Roderick got lost. Forced Baker to come out late on Tyson.

Sickening.


#BleedGreen #TrentIsGOAT

Back to Top
  
Urban Bobcat
General User

Member Since: 9/14/2007
Location: Athens, OH
Post Count: 724

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 1 Thread: Belmont
   Posted: 11/7/2022 9:43:52 PM 
Heck of a loss.

This team looks like it can only get better.
Pretty excited for the season.


Hopefully we'll win one like this one in March.


URBAN BOBCAT

Back to Top
  
MonroeClassmate
General User

Member Since: 8/31/2010
Post Count: 1,680

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 1 Thread: Belmont
   Posted: 11/7/2022 9:44:07 PM 
FJC31 wrote:
Wow. Helluva comeback for a game we played awful for the vast majority of.


Out scored them 35-29 in the 2nd half sounds pretty good to me. An off first half then brought it together.

Back to Top
  
FearLeon
General User



Member Since: 3/12/2005
Post Count: 3,021

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 1 Thread: Belmont
   Posted: 11/7/2022 9:45:59 PM 
Can someone please tell me why Belmont was allowed to throw it in from the bench and not half-court after catching the ball at half-court?


#BleedGreen #TrentIsGOAT

Back to Top
  
Cellis033
General User



Member Since: 11/11/2021
Location: Powell, OH
Post Count: 1,070

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 1 Thread: Belmont
   Posted: 11/7/2022 9:46:46 PM 
FearLeon wrote:
Can someone please tell me why Belmont was allowed to throw it in from the bench and not half-court after catching the ball at half-court?


Refball was out in force tonight IMO


Chase
OU Engineering Technology and Management '24
O-Zone President
Bringing the noise!

Muck Fiami
Kent read, Kent write, Can't be a state!
Bowling Green Normal School

Back to Top
  
FJC31
General User

Member Since: 3/31/2022
Post Count: 194

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 1 Thread: Belmont
   Posted: 11/7/2022 9:48:28 PM 
MonroeClassmate wrote:
FJC31 wrote:
Wow. Helluva comeback for a game we played awful for the vast majority of.


Out scored them 35-29 in the 2nd half sounds pretty good to me. An off first half then brought it together.



I would say the final four minutes we brought it together. We were down 8-12 for most of the second half. That said, they didnít quit and this was without AJ Brown whose size is desperately needed at the wing.

Last Edited: 11/7/2022 9:49:27 PM by FJC31

Back to Top
  
shabamon
General User



Member Since: 11/17/2006
Location: Cincinnati
Post Count: 5,092

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 1 Thread: Belmont
   Posted: 11/7/2022 9:50:36 PM 
The final shot

https://twitter.com/BelmontMBB/status/1589810042508713986

I'm surprised by Roderick's reaction to the play as it developed. The cutter stumbles into the lane and falls and Ben stays with him instead of thinking on the fly to guard the look behind the arc. There's no way they're going to pass to a guy in the lane lying on the ground.
Back to Top
  
JSF
General User



Member Since: 1/29/2005
Location: Houston, TX
Post Count: 6,087

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 1 Thread: Belmont
   Posted: 11/7/2022 9:50:50 PM 
That's basketball, baby.


"Loyalty to a hometown or city is fleeting and interchangeable, but college is a stamp of identity."- Kyle Whelliston, One Beautiful Season.

My blog about depression and mental illness: https://bit.ly/3buGXH8

Back to Top
  
FearLeon
General User



Member Since: 3/12/2005
Post Count: 3,021

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 1 Thread: Belmont
   Posted: 11/7/2022 9:52:35 PM 
shabamon wrote:
The final shot

https://twitter.com/BelmontMBB/status/1589810042508713986

I'm surprised by Roderick's reaction to the play as it developed. The cutter stumbles into the lane and falls and Ben stays with him instead of thinking on the fly to guard the look behind the arc. There's no way they're going to pass to a guy in the lane lying on the ground.


A senior making that decision. Too bad. He played a key role in what should have been a win. It makes no sense why he trailed that guy.


#BleedGreen #TrentIsGOAT

Back to Top
  
berniebobcat
General User

Member Since: 11/23/2010
Location: San Luis Obispo, CA
Post Count: 240

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 1 Thread: Belmont
   Posted: 11/7/2022 9:52:51 PM 
berniebobcat wrote:
Belmont has talent but our defense is really weak. Ball handing ainít too good either. Best case is early season shakedown but so far we are far from a finely oiled machine.


OK that will teach me to comment at half time. Our guys just hung in, defense improved and we never quit. However make no mistake it was a no contest without Wilson.

It raised my hopes for the year considerably.
Back to Top
  
Mike Coleman
Administrator



Member Since: 12/21/2004
Location: Near the Pristine Sandy Shores of Lake Erie, OH
Post Count: 1,224

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 1 Thread: Belmont
   Posted: 11/7/2022 10:01:14 PM 
FearLeon wrote:
shabamon wrote:
The final shot

https://twitter.com/BelmontMBB/status/1589810042508713986

I'm surprised by Roderick's reaction to the play as it developed. The cutter stumbles into the lane and falls and Ben stays with him instead of thinking on the fly to guard the look behind the arc. There's no way they're going to pass to a guy in the lane lying on the ground.


A senior making that decision. Too bad. He played a key role in what should have been a win. It makes no sense why he trailed that guy.



They were probably in a defense where they were to switch on all screens.
Back to Top
  
cc-cat
General User

Member Since: 4/5/2006
Location: matthews, NC
Post Count: 3,640

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 1 Thread: Belmont
   Posted: 11/7/2022 10:03:31 PM 
final score has limited value in november. lots of positives. hanging tough. storming back. young guys getting minutes. opportunity to see players in real situations. no moral victories but good game to build upon.
Back to Top
  
bornacatfan
General User



Member Since: 8/3/2006
Post Count: 5,663

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 1 Thread: Belmont
   Posted: 11/7/2022 10:11:51 PM 
FearLeon wrote:
Anyone know if Boals did post-game? I missed it. Looking at the replay....Tyson was Roderick man and Roderick got lost. Forced Baker to come out late on Tyson.

Sickening.



listened for it ....Russ was......outta here!



never argue with idiots, they bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Winter comes and asks how you spent your summer.....

The game loves and rewards those who love and reward the game

Back to Top
  
LuckySparrow
General User



Member Since: 10/15/2012
Location: Illinois
Post Count: 1,492

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 1 Thread: Belmont
   Posted: 11/7/2022 10:17:48 PM 
Insane finish. That AJ Clayton shot was incredibly clutch and sadly will be forgotten after what Tyson did for Belmont.

Clearly our MO on offense is to get the ball to DW3 in the paint. He looks like a walking double double and is all-MAC caliber.

Our defense was lacking but improved in the second half. I imagine things will be much better with IJ, Adelodun, and AJ Brown - we were clearly missing some length.

This could be a really good team.


What a day at the Convo.....Wow!

Back to Top
  
CatsUp
General User

Member Since: 4/15/2019
Post Count: 634

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 1 Thread: Belmont
   Posted: 11/7/2022 10:35:24 PM 
Bobcat1998 wrote:
CatsUp wrote:
Bobcat1998 wrote:
M.D.W.S.T wrote:
LuckySparrow wrote:
We have talent and potentially some exciting players but no infrastructure on offense or defense yet.


What we are - and will probably struggle with for a while - is everyone figuring out their role.

The last two years we've been lucky to have Preston and Sears be the guy you can lean on, the guy who will take the big shot, the guy who the offense can run through, the guy who has the ball in hands...

So far I've seen four different people at PG.

This offense looks like shirts and skins at Ping.


Belmont is a "team" already. We are what Kent and Akron are every year: a work in progress with big pieces who figure it out in March.


Címon man. Belmont lost seven of their top eight scorers from last season.


Yes but they didn't bring in multiple transfers. They developed freshmen. We got beat by freshmen tonight who had no bad habits. Some of our transfers will need to unlearn what they think they know.


The only thing we really know about the situation is both teams have a lot of new players and all have to be molded into a team. I donít think any of us know who has bad habits and who doesnít, transfers or recent high school players. Belmont has two transfers. One didnít play for whatever reason but the Princeton transfer (Friberg?) fit in just fine.
Back to Top
  
lovebobcat
General User

Member Since: 12/23/2004
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Post Count: 461

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 1 Thread: Belmont
   Posted: 11/7/2022 10:38:41 PM 
FearLeon wrote:
shabamon wrote:
The final shot

https://twitter.com/BelmontMBB/status/1589810042508713986

I'm surprised by Roderick's reaction to the play as it developed. The cutter stumbles into the lane and falls and Ben stays with him instead of thinking on the fly to guard the look behind the arc. There's no way they're going to pass to a guy in the lane lying on the ground.


A senior making that decision. Too bad. He played a key role in what should have been a win. It makes no sense why he trailed that guy.



Okay, c'mon... even if Roderick reacted instantly and flew out to the top of the key, he was too far away to impact the play. No reason to single him out. They were switching on screens.

That was a well-designed offensive play, and the Belmont kid just made a clutch shot. Hat tip.
Back to Top
  
Showing Replies:  51 - 75  of 125 Posts
Jump to Page:  < Previous    1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5    Next >
View Other 'Ohio Basketball' Topics
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             







Copyright ©2022 BobcatAttack.com. All rights reserved.  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Use
Partner of USA TODAY Sports Digital Properties