Welcome Guest!
Create an Account
login email:
password:
site searchwhere to watchcontact usabout usadvertise with ushelp
Message Board

BobcatAttack.com Message Board
Ohio Basketball
Topic:  RE: Official Game 19 Thread: Central Michigan

Topic:  RE: Official Game 19 Thread: Central Michigan
Author
Message
FearLeon
General User



Member Since: 3/12/2005
Post Count: 3,139

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 19 Thread: Central Michigan
   Posted: 1/23/2023 12:16:16 PM 
Cbus Convo wrote:
Elmore James needs to play more than 20 minutes. That shot he created for himself, and then nailed, at the end of the first half when the shot clock was nearing zero was something I haven't seen in the Convo in a while. Need more of that going forward.


Agree.

Not getting how Brod got 28 minutes and Elmore 20, but hey, just thankful the coaching staff made an adjustment to the starting five.

Also...the Whiz getting less minutes. Down to 10 against CMU. Keep going smaller with DWIII out and cut Whiz down to 4-6 minutes. We have nothing to lose in doing this.




#BleedGreen #TrentIsGOAT

Back to Top
  
FearLeon
General User



Member Since: 3/12/2005
Post Count: 3,139

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 19 Thread: Central Michigan
   Posted: 1/23/2023 12:19:55 PM 
Quick CMU thoughts...

Glad to see Elmore starting. Now get him 28-32 minutes. Not 18-22 minutes.

Curious what Miles is going to do next year. Will he come back for one more? Or would a school like Syracuse close to his hometown give him a chance to play off the bench for a Power 5 program?

Still can't figure out how CMU beat Buffalo....well there is always the Whitesell factor...but then again Jimmy found a way to beat Boals this year.

Not much more to say. I think we are all just cautiously optimistic during this 5 game stretch. Have to go 4-1.



#BleedGreen #TrentIsGOAT

Back to Top
  
bobcatsquared
General User

Member Since: 12/20/2004
Post Count: 4,361

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 19 Thread: Central Michigan
   Posted: 1/23/2023 12:46:54 PM 
FearLeon wrote:
Still can't figure out how CMU beat Buffalo....well there is always the Whitesell factor...but then again Jimmy found a way to beat Boals this year.


I still can't figure out how CMU beat Michigan....well there is always the Howard factor... but then again Juwan found a way to beat Boals this year.
Back to Top
  
FearLeon
General User



Member Since: 3/12/2005
Post Count: 3,139

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 19 Thread: Central Michigan
   Posted: 1/23/2023 1:00:05 PM 
bobcatsquared wrote:
FearLeon wrote:
Still can't figure out how CMU beat Buffalo....well there is always the Whitesell factor...but then again Jimmy found a way to beat Boals this year.


I still can't figure out how CMU beat Michigan....well there is always the Howard factor... but then again Juwan found a way to beat Boals this year.


Hahaha

Perfect




#BleedGreen #TrentIsGOAT

Back to Top
  
stub
General User

Member Since: 12/20/2004
Post Count: 959

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 19 Thread: Central Michigan
   Posted: 1/23/2023 1:09:40 PM 
giacomo wrote:
Is the Marjerle on this team the kid of the former Chippewa star?


When Thunder Dan became the first round draft pick of the Phoenix Suns, their fan base went crazy, as they never heard of him and having all these other well known players available. As it turns out, he played 12 solid years, offensively and defensively, making the All Star team three times.

Back to Top
  
shabamon
General User



Member Since: 11/17/2006
Location: Cincinnati
Post Count: 5,196

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 19 Thread: Central Michigan
   Posted: 1/23/2023 1:31:00 PM 
bobcatsquared wrote:
FearLeon wrote:
Still can't figure out how CMU beat Buffalo....well there is always the Whitesell factor...but then again Jimmy found a way to beat Boals this year.


I still can't figure out how CMU beat Michigan....well there is always the Howard factor... but then again Juwan found a way to beat Boals this year.


When they beat Michigan, they played two guys 20+ minutes each who were not available Saturday, including Jess Zarzuela who is the Chips' leading scorer minus Kevin Miller (who himself has only played four games). This would be like beating one of those later year Saul teams that just battled injuries all season long. They might be solid at full strength, but they really didn't have much hope against us. Anyway, we did what we should have done - dominate a short-handed team.
Back to Top
  
bobcatsquared
General User

Member Since: 12/20/2004
Post Count: 4,361

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 19 Thread: Central Michigan
   Posted: 1/23/2023 6:27:59 PM 
Thunder Dan Majerle, father of current CMU frosh Max, was 1/2 of Thunder and Lightning, one of the better duos in MAC history. Anyone remember who his sidekick was without google? I betcha Jeff Mac knows.

2nd CMU-related trivia: What former Chippewa nicknamed Sugar is in the Gus Macker Hall of Fame? I saw him on a weeknight game in the Convo in the early 1980s when he scored something like 40 points.

Last Edited: 1/23/2023 6:39:25 PM by bobcatsquared

Back to Top
  
oldkatz
General User

Member Since: 12/22/2004
Post Count: 1,378

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 19 Thread: Central Michigan
   Posted: 1/24/2023 1:01:08 PM 
bobcatsquared wrote:
Thunder Dan Majerle, father of current CMU frosh Max, was 1/2 of Thunder and Lightning, one of the better duos in MAC history. Anyone remember who his sidekick was without google? I betcha Jeff Mac knows.

2nd CMU-related trivia: What former Chippewa nicknamed Sugar is in the Gus Macker Hall of Fame? I saw him on a weeknight game in the Convo in the early 1980s when he scored something like 40 points.


Dan Roundfield is the answer to the first question.


"All my inside sources tell me I have no inside sources." Salvatore "money bucks" Mafiosiano.

Back to Top
  
GroverBall
General User

Member Since: 12/3/2012
Location: Athens, OH
Post Count: 1,219

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 19 Thread: Central Michigan
   Posted: 1/24/2023 5:47:11 PM 
oldkatz wrote:
bobcatsquared wrote:
Thunder Dan Majerle, father of current CMU frosh Max, was 1/2 of Thunder and Lightning, one of the better duos in MAC history. Anyone remember who his sidekick was without google? I betcha Jeff Mac knows.

2nd CMU-related trivia: What former Chippewa nicknamed Sugar is in the Gus Macker Hall of Fame? I saw him on a weeknight game in the Convo in the early 1980s when he scored something like 40 points.


Dan Roundfield is the answer to the first question.



Roundfield played a decade earlier than Thunder Dan Marjele. I think Lightning was Ervin Leavy. Who can name their coach?

I was also at that game when Sugar McLaughlin was unconscious. He was looking to shoot as soon as he crossed half court.

Back to Top
  
mid70sbobcat
General User

Member Since: 12/20/2004
Post Count: 575

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 19 Thread: Central Michigan
   Posted: 1/24/2023 10:23:41 PM 
GroverBall wrote:
oldkatz wrote:
bobcatsquared wrote:
Thunder Dan Majerle, father of current CMU frosh Max, was 1/2 of Thunder and Lightning, one of the better duos in MAC history. Anyone remember who his sidekick was without google? I betcha Jeff Mac knows.

2nd CMU-related trivia: What former Chippewa nicknamed Sugar is in the Gus Macker Hall of Fame? I saw him on a weeknight game in the Convo in the early 1980s when he scored something like 40 points.


Dan Roundfield is the answer to the first question.



Roundfield played a decade earlier than Thunder Dan Marjele. I think Lightning was Ervin Leavy. Who can name their coach?

I was also at that game when Sugar McLaughlin was unconscious. He was looking to shoot as soon as he crossed half court.



Dick Parfitt? I always liked him as a coach and he was in the Convo during my time here. I think he passed away a couple years ago.

Back to Top
  
GroverBall
General User

Member Since: 12/3/2012
Location: Athens, OH
Post Count: 1,219

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 19 Thread: Central Michigan
   Posted: 1/25/2023 1:40:22 PM 
mid70sbobcat wrote:
GroverBall wrote:
oldkatz wrote:
bobcatsquared wrote:
Thunder Dan Majerle, father of current CMU frosh Max, was 1/2 of Thunder and Lightning, one of the better duos in MAC history. Anyone remember who his sidekick was without google? I betcha Jeff Mac knows.

2nd CMU-related trivia: What former Chippewa nicknamed Sugar is in the Gus Macker Hall of Fame? I saw him on a weeknight game in the Convo in the early 1980s when he scored something like 40 points.


Dan Roundfield is the answer to the first question.



Roundfield played a decade earlier than Thunder Dan Marjele. I think Lightning was Ervin Leavy. Who can name their coach?

I was also at that game when Sugar McLaughlin was unconscious. He was looking to shoot as soon as he crossed half court.



Dick Parfitt? I always liked him as a coach and he was in the Convo during my time here. I think he passed away a couple years ago.



Nope. Parfitt was this coach's predecessor I believe. The correct answer has been discussed on BA regularly over the years.
Back to Top
  
Recovering Journalist
General User

Member Since: 8/17/2010
Location: Cleveland, OH
Post Count: 1,798

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 19 Thread: Central Michigan
   Posted: 1/25/2023 3:04:56 PM 
GroverBall wrote:
mid70sbobcat wrote:
GroverBall wrote:
oldkatz wrote:
bobcatsquared wrote:
Thunder Dan Majerle, father of current CMU frosh Max, was 1/2 of Thunder and Lightning, one of the better duos in MAC history. Anyone remember who his sidekick was without google? I betcha Jeff Mac knows.

2nd CMU-related trivia: What former Chippewa nicknamed Sugar is in the Gus Macker Hall of Fame? I saw him on a weeknight game in the Convo in the early 1980s when he scored something like 40 points.


Dan Roundfield is the answer to the first question.



Roundfield played a decade earlier than Thunder Dan Marjele. I think Lightning was Ervin Leavy. Who can name their coach?

I was also at that game when Sugar McLaughlin was unconscious. He was looking to shoot as soon as he crossed half court.



Dick Parfitt? I always liked him as a coach and he was in the Convo during my time here. I think he passed away a couple years ago.



Nope. Parfitt was this coach's predecessor I believe. The correct answer has been discussed on BA regularly over the years.


Always a good opportunity to post this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRGgvHf3U-8
Back to Top
  
Cellis033
General User



Member Since: 11/11/2021
Location: Powell, OH
Post Count: 1,174

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 19 Thread: Central Michigan
   Posted: 1/25/2023 6:45:31 PM 
Recovering Journalist wrote:
GroverBall wrote:
mid70sbobcat wrote:
GroverBall wrote:
oldkatz wrote:
bobcatsquared wrote:
Thunder Dan Majerle, father of current CMU frosh Max, was 1/2 of Thunder and Lightning, one of the better duos in MAC history. Anyone remember who his sidekick was without google? I betcha Jeff Mac knows.

2nd CMU-related trivia: What former Chippewa nicknamed Sugar is in the Gus Macker Hall of Fame? I saw him on a weeknight game in the Convo in the early 1980s when he scored something like 40 points.


Dan Roundfield is the answer to the first question.



Roundfield played a decade earlier than Thunder Dan Marjele. I think Lightning was Ervin Leavy. Who can name their coach?

I was also at that game when Sugar McLaughlin was unconscious. He was looking to shoot as soon as he crossed half court.



Dick Parfitt? I always liked him as a coach and he was in the Convo during my time here. I think he passed away a couple years ago.



Nope. Parfitt was this coach's predecessor I believe. The correct answer has been discussed on BA regularly over the years.


Always a good opportunity to post this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRGgvHf3U-8


I wish this man was still around.


Chase
OU Engineering Technology and Management '24
O-Zone President
Bringing the noise!

Muck Fiami
Kent read, Kent write, Can't be a state!
Bowling Green Normal School

Back to Top
  
Showing Replies:  51 - 63  of 63 Posts
Jump to Page:  < Previous    1 | 2 | 3
View Other 'Ohio Basketball' Topics
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             







Copyright ©2023 BobcatAttack.com. All rights reserved.  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Use
Partner of USA TODAY Sports Digital Properties