Welcome Guest!
Create an Account
login email:
password:
site searchwhere to watchcontact usabout usadvertise with ushelp
Message Board

BobcatAttack.com Message Board
Ohio Basketball
Topic:  RE: Official MAC Tournament Semifinals Thread: Toledo

Topic:  RE: Official MAC Tournament Semifinals Thread: Toledo
Author
Message
MonroeClassmate
General User

Member Since: 8/31/2010
Post Count: 1,795

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official MAC Tournament Semifinals Thread: Toledo
   Posted: 3/10/2023 11:14:25 PM 
FearLeon wrote:
OU_Country wrote:
bobcatsquared wrote:
Not sure which UT forward/center Wiz can guard. Maybe AJ Edu. Certainly not Shumate or Milner. Both would take him outside the arc and hit the 3 or drive by him. Perhaps Boals can find his minutes when Edu, more of a low-block player, is on the floor.


Can he really guard any of them? I'm trying to get my mind around a reason why Dwight would play less than 33-35 minutes tonight unless he's in foul trouble.


I love Boals, but in a one and done game, to play DWIII only 24 minutes when he wasnít in foul trouble is criminal. This was the fear going into the game and it played out. Arguably our best player saw the court for 24 minutes against the best team in the league on a 16 game heater. Make it make sense.


Where you at the game?

I was. Wilson cannot play more than 25. He put his whole heart into it but without a blow he is a stumbling bumbling traveling machine against quality defenders. OHIO lost because even though we OWNED the boards there was no size to defend the bigger guys as Wilson gets tired.

Also, I am too lazy to look back into the comments from earlier this season but who are the total basketball Know Nothings that dissed BAKER?

As said earlier, the shots were not falling for James, Roderick and Clayton.

Great atmoshere tonight and what a fun game. Those four steals for easy baskets reminded me of DJ Cooper and Hunter knocking down the pull up threes. AJ Brown hustling for rebounds and Baker hitting big shots. I think OHIO at the end of the season has the best guards in the MAC. Nice getting to see the players come into the stands after the locker room and mix with the fans! Toledo great at doubling Wilson. GO Flashes, beat the Rockets and keep the streak going.

Last Edited: 3/10/2023 11:30:38 PM by MonroeClassmate

Back to Top
  
lovebobcat
General User

Member Since: 12/23/2004
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Post Count: 472

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official MAC Tournament Semifinals Thread: Toledo
   Posted: 3/10/2023 11:21:06 PM 
Recovering Journalist wrote:
I hope Boals learns how to make the portal work for him more than it works against him this offseason, because that's clearly the path going forward.


This is the great struggle of being a better-than-average mid-major program: trying to get more good players to transfer in than out. It was great to add Hunter this year, but meanwhile we lost Sears and BVP. Sometimes it feels like one step up and two steps back.

(And yes, all the other MAC schools have to deal with this too.)
Back to Top
  
mid70sbobcat
General User

Member Since: 12/20/2004
Post Count: 586

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official MAC Tournament Semifinals Thread: Toledo
   Posted: 3/11/2023 12:16:09 AM 
Recovering Journalist wrote:
Pretty much the outcome I expected. It was what I hope is a true down year for this program, but the team still managed to finish among the top four. The problem is it was clearly the fourth-best team left in Cleveland. They had their chances and made plenty of mistakes but ultimately they were outclassed by Toledo and the better team won. Hard to have regrets, unlike some MAC Tournament exits.

I hope Boals learns how to make the portal work for him more than it works against him this offseason, because that's clearly the path going forward.


To me, the jury is still out on Boal's recruits.
Back to Top
  
mid70sbobcat
General User

Member Since: 12/20/2004
Post Count: 586

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official MAC Tournament Semifinals Thread: Toledo
   Posted: 3/11/2023 12:25:28 AM 
MonroeClassmate wrote:
FearLeon wrote:
OU_Country wrote:
bobcatsquared wrote:
Not sure which UT forward/center Wiz can guard. Maybe AJ Edu. Certainly not Shumate or Milner. Both would take him outside the arc and hit the 3 or drive by him. Perhaps Boals can find his minutes when Edu, more of a low-block player, is on the floor.


Can he really guard any of them? I'm trying to get my mind around a reason why Dwight would play less than 33-35 minutes tonight unless he's in foul trouble.


I love Boals, but in a one and done game, to play DWIII only 24 minutes when he wasnít in foul trouble is criminal. This was the fear going into the game and it played out. Arguably our best player saw the court for 24 minutes against the best team in the league on a 16 game heater. Make it make sense.


Where you at the game?

I was. Wilson cannot play more than 25. He put his whole heart into it but without a blow he is a stumbling bumbling traveling machine against quality defenders. OHIO lost because even though we OWNED the boards there was no size to defend the bigger guys as Wilson gets tired.

Also, I am too lazy to look back into the comments from earlier this season but who are the total basketball Know Nothings that dissed BAKER?

As said earlier, the shots were not falling for James, Roderick and Clayton.

Great atmoshere tonight and what a fun game. Those four steals for easy baskets reminded me of DJ Cooper and Hunter knocking down the pull up threes. AJ Brown hustling for rebounds and Baker hitting big shots. I think OHIO at the end of the season has the best guards in the MAC. Nice getting to see the players come into the stands after the locker room and mix with the fans! Toledo great at doubling Wilson. GO Flashes, beat the Rockets and keep the streak going.


I love that some guys/you get it. You're posting to the same guy who once implied a scholarship for Baker was wasted. I tried the other day to say DWIII cannot run the court 40 minutes, or even 30. Fell on deaf ears to the wanna be coach. Whichever way the wind blows on a given day is his mentality.
Back to Top
  
OhioCatFan
General User



Member Since: 12/20/2004
Location: Athens, OH
Post Count: 13,250

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official MAC Tournament Semifinals Thread: Toledo
   Posted: 3/11/2023 12:44:48 AM 
I'm in the minority, but I'll be rooting for KSU tomorrow. I think they are more likely than UT to make a deep run in the NCAAs.


"It is better to be an optimist and be proven a fool than to be a pessimist and be proven right."

Note: My avatar is the national colors of the 78th Ohio Veteran Volunteer Infantry, which are now preserved in a climate controlled vault at the Ohio History Connection. Learn more about the old 78th at: http://www.78ohio.org

Back to Top
  
RufusCat09
General User

Member Since: 12/14/2019
Post Count: 445

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official MAC Tournament Semifinals Thread: Toledo
   Posted: 3/11/2023 8:23:56 AM 
To me it's just impressive that Toledo's won 17 games in a row. I mean, not a single road game slip up. Wishing them the best of luck tonight.

All things considered it was a decent year. Hopefully we don't lose too many of the freshman.
Back to Top
  
LuckySparrow
General User



Member Since: 10/15/2012
Location: Illinois
Post Count: 1,544

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official MAC Tournament Semifinals Thread: Toledo
   Posted: 3/11/2023 9:28:54 AM 
It's the Stevie Taylor vs. Jim Christian showdown in the MAC Championship game.


What a day at the Convo.....Wow!

Back to Top
  
IceCat76
General User

Member Since: 12/5/2016
Location: Byfield, MA
Post Count: 219

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official MAC Tournament Semifinals Thread: Toledo
   Posted: 3/11/2023 9:51:17 AM 
OhioCatFan wrote:
I'm in the minority, but I'll be rooting for KSU tomorrow. I think they are more likely than UT to make a deep run in the NCAAs.


+1
Back to Top
  
Alan Swank
General User

Member Since: 12/11/2004
Location: Athens, OH
Post Count: 6,757

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official MAC Tournament Semifinals Thread: Toledo
   Posted: 3/11/2023 11:08:17 AM 
A very close Kent win in a well played athletic game is probably the MAC's best chance at two teams in a very long time.
Back to Top
  
FearLeon
General User



Member Since: 3/12/2005
Post Count: 3,323

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official MAC Tournament Semifinals Thread: Toledo
   Posted: 3/11/2023 11:47:16 AM 
mid70sbobcat wrote:
MonroeClassmate wrote:
FearLeon wrote:
OU_Country wrote:
bobcatsquared wrote:
Not sure which UT forward/center Wiz can guard. Maybe AJ Edu. Certainly not Shumate or Milner. Both would take him outside the arc and hit the 3 or drive by him. Perhaps Boals can find his minutes when Edu, more of a low-block player, is on the floor.


Can he really guard any of them? I'm trying to get my mind around a reason why Dwight would play less than 33-35 minutes tonight unless he's in foul trouble.


I love Boals, but in a one and done game, to play DWIII only 24 minutes when he wasnít in foul trouble is criminal. This was the fear going into the game and it played out. Arguably our best player saw the court for 24 minutes against the best team in the league on a 16 game heater. Make it make sense.


Where you at the game?

I was. Wilson cannot play more than 25. He put his whole heart into it but without a blow he is a stumbling bumbling traveling machine against quality defenders. OHIO lost because even though we OWNED the boards there was no size to defend the bigger guys as Wilson gets tired.

Also, I am too lazy to look back into the comments from earlier this season but who are the total basketball Know Nothings that dissed BAKER?

As said earlier, the shots were not falling for James, Roderick and Clayton.

Great atmoshere tonight and what a fun game. Those four steals for easy baskets reminded me of DJ Cooper and Hunter knocking down the pull up threes. AJ Brown hustling for rebounds and Baker hitting big shots. I think OHIO at the end of the season has the best guards in the MAC. Nice getting to see the players come into the stands after the locker room and mix with the fans! Toledo great at doubling Wilson. GO Flashes, beat the Rockets and keep the streak going.


I love that some guys/you get it. You're posting to the same guy who once implied a scholarship for Baker was wasted. I tried the other day to say DWIII cannot run the court 40 minutes, or even 30. Fell on deaf ears to the wanna be coach. Whichever way the wind blows on a given day is his mentality.


I would have rather had somebody push DWIII in a wheelchair up and down the court for 30 minutes because it still would have given us a better chance than the alternative.

Numbers don't lie. The Whiz was on the court for 3:58 seconds. His +/- number during this time was an incredible -13. Look it up in the boxscore on ohiobobcats.com...they track it. Do you know how hard it is to accomplish a -13 in 3 minutes and 58 seconds of game action? So when I and others on this board went into this game saying DWIII had to somehow play 30-36 for us to have a real shot to win this is why. The Whiz never should have seen the floor last night. Hell...I would have played Hadaway over The Whiz last night for 120 seconds just to spell DW3. Is The Whiz the reason we lost...no (see Broderick...Clayton...Miles shooting numbers). But his minutes on the court in the first half certainly played a factor in us being up 8-6 to being down 21-12 and playing catch up from there.

I would have rather gone down with DW3 playing 30-36 minutes then The Whiz touching the floor for 3 minutes and 58 seconds against athletes he's completely overmatched by. Boals is going to have an interesting decision to make moving forward with him.

Last Edited: 3/11/2023 12:03:51 PM by FearLeon


#BleedGreen #TrentIsGOAT

Back to Top
  
Victory
General User

Member Since: 3/10/2012
Post Count: 1,513

Status: Online

  Message Not Read  RE: Official MAC Tournament Semifinals Thread: Toledo
   Posted: 3/11/2023 12:52:13 PM 
FearLeon wrote:

I would have rather gone down with DW3 playing 30-36 minutes then The Whiz touching the floor for 3 minutes and 58 seconds against athletes he's completely overmatched by. Boals is going to have an interesting decision to make moving forward with him.


As fans we would all rather have the best players out there. I'm sure in an ideal world Boals would like to play him more as well. But you don't know what doctors and trainers are telling Boals. You don't know what Wilson is telling him. You don't know if there is pain or what the extent of it is or even if he could harm his chances at a pro career if that's what he wants. You don't know how he looks in practice after exerting himself. You don't even know what else you might not know that might be relevant.

Saying that you would play more of Clayton or Hadaway rather than Wiznitzer is one thing. Asking or wondering why Wilson can't play more is one thing. Demanding that Boals play arguably his best player a lot more minutes is, IMO, a different thing, and it honestly comes off as pretty self-centered.

Last Edited: 3/11/2023 1:16:27 PM by Victory

Back to Top
  
mid70sbobcat
General User

Member Since: 12/20/2004
Post Count: 586

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official MAC Tournament Semifinals Thread: Toledo
   Posted: 3/11/2023 11:13:04 PM 
FearLeon wrote:
mid70sbobcat wrote:
MonroeClassmate wrote:
FearLeon wrote:
OU_Country wrote:
bobcatsquared wrote:
Not sure which UT forward/center Wiz can guard. Maybe AJ Edu. Certainly not Shumate or Milner. Both would take him outside the arc and hit the 3 or drive by him. Perhaps Boals can find his minutes when Edu, more of a low-block player, is on the floor.


Can he really guard any of them? I'm trying to get my mind around a reason why Dwight would play less than 33-35 minutes tonight unless he's in foul trouble.


I love Boals, but in a one and done game, to play DWIII only 24 minutes when he wasnít in foul trouble is criminal. This was the fear going into the game and it played out. Arguably our best player saw the court for 24 minutes against the best team in the league on a 16 game heater. Make it make sense.


Where you at the game?

I was. Wilson cannot play more than 25. He put his whole heart into it but without a blow he is a stumbling bumbling traveling machine against quality defenders. OHIO lost because even though we OWNED the boards there was no size to defend the bigger guys as Wilson gets tired.

Also, I am too lazy to look back into the comments from earlier this season but who are the total basketball Know Nothings that dissed BAKER?

As said earlier, the shots were not falling for James, Roderick and Clayton.

Great atmoshere tonight and what a fun game. Those four steals for easy baskets reminded me of DJ Cooper and Hunter knocking down the pull up threes. AJ Brown hustling for rebounds and Baker hitting big shots. I think OHIO at the end of the season has the best guards in the MAC. Nice getting to see the players come into the stands after the locker room and mix with the fans! Toledo great at doubling Wilson. GO Flashes, beat the Rockets and keep the streak going.


I love that some guys/you get it. You're posting to the same guy who once implied a scholarship for Baker was wasted. I tried the other day to say DWIII cannot run the court 40 minutes, or even 30. Fell on deaf ears to the wanna be coach. Whichever way the wind blows on a given day is his mentality.


I would have rather had somebody push DWIII in a wheelchair up and down the court for 30 minutes because it still would have given us a better chance than the alternative.

Numbers don't lie. The Whiz was on the court for 3:58 seconds. His +/- number during this time was an incredible -13. Look it up in the boxscore on ohiobobcats.com...they track it. Do you know how hard it is to accomplish a -13 in 3 minutes and 58 seconds of game action? So when I and others on this board went into this game saying DWIII had to somehow play 30-36 for us to have a real shot to win this is why. The Whiz never should have seen the floor last night. Hell...I would have played Hadaway over The Whiz last night for 120 seconds just to spell DW3. Is The Whiz the reason we lost...no (see Broderick...Clayton...Miles shooting numbers). But his minutes on the court in the first half certainly played a factor in us being up 8-6 to being down 21-12 and playing catch up from there.

I would have rather gone down with DW3 playing 30-36 minutes then The Whiz touching the floor for 3 minutes and 58 seconds against athletes he's completely overmatched by. Boals is going to have an interesting decision to make moving forward with him.



I get it, you hate Wiznitzer. I'll assume if you actually knew MORE about DWIII and his somewhat limited minutes throughout the entire year you'd change your opinions. Better that we had him play the entire year than risk losing him or further reducing his time on the court due to his challenges.

Biggest reason we lost was poor shooting. We boarded extremely well, but missed shot after shot after shot in 1st half. The shots fall and we'd have separated and been up big at halftime. Wiz was not a meaningful factor in the loss. We shot 39 percent, Toledo hit 52 percent. End of story unfortunately.
Back to Top
  
mid70sbobcat
General User

Member Since: 12/20/2004
Post Count: 586

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official MAC Tournament Semifinals Thread: Toledo
   Posted: 3/11/2023 11:15:52 PM 
Victory wrote:
FearLeon wrote:

I would have rather gone down with DW3 playing 30-36 minutes then The Whiz touching the floor for 3 minutes and 58 seconds against athletes he's completely overmatched by. Boals is going to have an interesting decision to make moving forward with him.


As fans we would all rather have the best players out there. I'm sure in an ideal world Boals would like to play him more as well. But you don't know what doctors and trainers are telling Boals. You don't know what Wilson is telling him. You don't know if there is pain or what the extent of it is or even if he could harm his chances at a pro career if that's what he wants. You don't know how he looks in practice after exerting himself. You don't even know what else you might not know that might be relevant.

Saying that you would play more of Clayton or Hadaway rather than Wiznitzer is one thing. Asking or wondering why Wilson can't play more is one thing. Demanding that Boals play arguably his best player a lot more minutes is, IMO, a different thing, and it honestly comes off as pretty self-centered.


+1.

Decisions made likely allow DWIII to make a nice living playing in the future rather than him aggravating the torn ACL.
Back to Top
  
bobcatsandbrew
General User

Member Since: 1/18/2023
Post Count: 2

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official MAC Tournament Semifinals Thread: Toledo
   Posted: 3/12/2023 8:54:21 AM 
FearLeon wrote:
OU_Country wrote:
bobcatsquared wrote:
Not sure which UT forward/center Wiz can guard. Maybe AJ Edu. Certainly not Shumate or Milner. Both would take him outside the arc and hit the 3 or drive by him. Perhaps Boals can find his minutes when Edu, more of a low-block player, is on the floor.


Can he really guard any of them? I'm trying to get my mind around a reason why Dwight would play less than 33-35 minutes tonight unless he's in foul trouble.


I love Boals, but in a one and done game, to play DWIII only 24 minutes when he wasnít in foul trouble is criminal. This was the fear going into the game and it played out. Arguably our best player saw the court for 24 minutes against the best team in the league on a 16 game heater. Make it make sense.


To be fair, we went on a great run in the first half of the prior game while DWIII was on the bench. I understand trying to limit minutes in a tournament atmosphere.

I really enjoy the way Boals coaches and his offensive system is one of the most aesthetically pleasing in the country. He allows the guys to let it fly. Just didnít hit enough shots yesterday. And, well, one side had the MAC player of the year, and the other didnít.

Fun season. Lots to build on going forward.
Back to Top
  
Andrew Ruck
General User



Member Since: 12/22/2004
Location: Columbus, OH
Post Count: 4,228

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official MAC Tournament Semifinals Thread: Toledo
   Posted: 3/13/2023 11:01:49 AM 
FearLeon wrote:

I love Boals, but in a one and done game, to play DWIII only 24 minutes when he wasnít in foul trouble is criminal. This was the fear going into the game and it played out. Arguably our best player saw the court for 24 minutes against the best team in the league on a 16 game heater. Make it make sense.


Completely agree. He didn't even look tired to me. He has played many games at 29-31 minutes, as many as 34. 5-7 more minutes from him would have been huge. It was literally his last game of his career. I would have went up to him at the 10 minute mark and said Dwight I know you're tired and I haven't asked you to do this all season, but I need to go out there for these last 10 minutes and get us to tomorrow.

Last Edited: 3/13/2023 11:04:24 AM by Andrew Ruck


Andrew Ruck
B.B.A. 2003

Back to Top
  
GraffZ06
General User



Member Since: 1/5/2005
Location: Dayton, OH
Post Count: 1,396

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official MAC Tournament Semifinals Thread: Toledo
   Posted: 3/13/2023 11:12:09 AM 
Andrew Ruck wrote:
It was literally his last game of his career.


I understand where you're coming from and I'd have loved to see it too but the fact is it wasn't the last game of his career. Even in his farewell post DW3 was talking about playing professionally.

Boals made a decision to honor Dwight's wishes to not inflict any further harm and give him a chance at playing for pay. It's called understanding your guys and that college, as it is for most kids, is a stepping stone to help launch your ultimate career/goals. Boals will gain lots of confidence and good-will from future players and parents with these types of decisions instead of "win at OU at all costs to get my records and $$$"
Back to Top
  
OhioCatFan
General User



Member Since: 12/20/2004
Location: Athens, OH
Post Count: 13,250

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official MAC Tournament Semifinals Thread: Toledo
   Posted: 3/13/2023 11:39:51 AM 
GraffZ06 wrote:
Andrew Ruck wrote:
It was literally his last game of his career.


I understand where you're coming from and I'd have loved to see it too but the fact is it wasn't the last game of his career. Even in his farewell post DW3 was talking about playing professionally.

Boals made a decision to honor Dwight's wishes to not inflict any further harm and give him a chance at playing for pay. It's called understanding your guys and that college, as it is for most kids, is a stepping stone to help launch your ultimate career/goals. Boals will gain lots of confidence and good-will from future players and parents with these types of decisions instead of "win at OU at all costs to get my records and $$$"


When DWIII said something about the next level, I wasn't sure in the context of that statement that he was talking about basketball. I thought he just meant the next stage in his life, which might nor might not include basketball. From what I understand he is a very good student, so he might be one of those vast majority of D1 athletes whose future involves something other than being a jock.


"It is better to be an optimist and be proven a fool than to be a pessimist and be proven right."

Note: My avatar is the national colors of the 78th Ohio Veteran Volunteer Infantry, which are now preserved in a climate controlled vault at the Ohio History Connection. Learn more about the old 78th at: http://www.78ohio.org

Back to Top
  
Andrew Ruck
General User



Member Since: 12/22/2004
Location: Columbus, OH
Post Count: 4,228

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official MAC Tournament Semifinals Thread: Toledo
   Posted: 3/13/2023 5:48:08 PM 
GraffZ06 wrote:
Andrew Ruck wrote:
It was literally his last game of his career.


I understand where you're coming from and I'd have loved to see it too but the fact is it wasn't the last game of his career. Even in his farewell post DW3 was talking about playing professionally.

Boals made a decision to honor Dwight's wishes to not inflict any further harm and give him a chance at playing for pay. It's called understanding your guys and that college, as it is for most kids, is a stepping stone to help launch your ultimate career/goals. Boals will gain lots of confidence and good-will from future players and parents with these types of decisions instead of "win at OU at all costs to get my records and $$$"


I'm sorry, I just can't accept that DW chose and wanted to play only 24 minutes in that game. I thought I sensed some body language that suggested the contrary a couple times when he was taken out.


Andrew Ruck
B.B.A. 2003

Back to Top
  
FearLeon
General User



Member Since: 3/12/2005
Post Count: 3,323

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official MAC Tournament Semifinals Thread: Toledo
   Posted: 3/13/2023 5:55:57 PM 
Andrew Ruck wrote:
FearLeon wrote:

I love Boals, but in a one and done game, to play DWIII only 24 minutes when he wasnít in foul trouble is criminal. This was the fear going into the game and it played out. Arguably our best player saw the court for 24 minutes against the best team in the league on a 16 game heater. Make it make sense.


Completely agree. He didn't even look tired to me. He has played many games at 29-31 minutes, as many as 34. 5-7 more minutes from him would have been huge. It was literally his last game of his career. I would have went up to him at the 10 minute mark and said Dwight I know you're tired and I haven't asked you to do this all season, but I need to go out there for these last 10 minutes and get us to tomorrow.


This^^^

Ruck...I am with you and I'm baffled why so many people on this board can't fathom Wilson playing another 8 minutes against Toledo when it possibly could be and turned out to be the last college basketball game of his career.

Dwight Wilson played 32 games this year and in some of those games he played more than 30 minutes. I've seen the argument that Boals was protecting him so he doesn't get hurt. If Dwight has aspirations of playing overseas, no coach is going to play him limited minutes so it doesn't "harm" him.

We needed the big fella in the biggest game of the season to play at least 30-32 minutes. And for whatever reason, even without Wilson being in foul trouble, he sat a minimum of 8 minutes more than he should have. And we saw the result of what happened when his replacement was in the game.


#BleedGreen #TrentIsGOAT

Back to Top
  
bobcatsquared
General User

Member Since: 12/20/2004
Post Count: 4,463

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official MAC Tournament Semifinals Thread: Toledo
   Posted: 3/13/2023 6:49:46 PM 
Andrew Ruck wrote:
I thought I sensed some body language that suggested the contrary a couple times when he was taken out.


I wondered throughout the year if any Ohio fans had noticed, either watching on TV or live, DW not being too pleased when being subbed out. Personally, I can recall one time, 2nd half of the Miami game in the Convo, where I noticed DW not appearing too happy when Wiz was subbing in for him.
Back to Top
  
JSF
General User



Member Since: 1/29/2005
Location: Houston, TX
Post Count: 6,161

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official MAC Tournament Semifinals Thread: Toledo
   Posted: 3/13/2023 8:48:21 PM 
FearLeon wrote:
Andrew Ruck wrote:
FearLeon wrote:

I love Boals, but in a one and done game, to play DWIII only 24 minutes when he wasnít in foul trouble is criminal. This was the fear going into the game and it played out. Arguably our best player saw the court for 24 minutes against the best team in the league on a 16 game heater. Make it make sense.


Completely agree. He didn't even look tired to me. He has played many games at 29-31 minutes, as many as 34. 5-7 more minutes from him would have been huge. It was literally his last game of his career. I would have went up to him at the 10 minute mark and said Dwight I know you're tired and I haven't asked you to do this all season, but I need to go out there for these last 10 minutes and get us to tomorrow.


This^^^

Ruck...I am with you and I'm baffled why so many people on this board can't fathom Wilson playing another 8 minutes against Toledo when it possibly could be and turned out to be the last college basketball game of his career.

Dwight Wilson played 32 games this year and in some of those games he played more than 30 minutes. I've seen the argument that Boals was protecting him so he doesn't get hurt. If Dwight has aspirations of playing overseas, no coach is going to play him limited minutes so it doesn't "harm" him.

We needed the big fella in the biggest game of the season to play at least 30-32 minutes. And for whatever reason, even without Wilson being in foul trouble, he sat a minimum of 8 minutes more than he should have. And we saw the result of what happened when his replacement was in the game.



https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning%E2%80%93Kruger_effect


"Loyalty to a hometown or city is fleeting and interchangeable, but college is a stamp of identity."- Kyle Whelliston, One Beautiful Season.

My blog about depression and mental illness: https://bit.ly/3buGXH8

Back to Top
  
OhioCatFan
General User



Member Since: 12/20/2004
Location: Athens, OH
Post Count: 13,250

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official MAC Tournament Semifinals Thread: Toledo
   Posted: 3/14/2023 2:04:54 PM 
JSF wrote:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning%E2%80%93Kruger_effect


That link belongs in the discussion about OHIO's next president.


"It is better to be an optimist and be proven a fool than to be a pessimist and be proven right."

Note: My avatar is the national colors of the 78th Ohio Veteran Volunteer Infantry, which are now preserved in a climate controlled vault at the Ohio History Connection. Learn more about the old 78th at: http://www.78ohio.org

Back to Top
  
Showing Replies:  126 - 147  of 147 Posts
Jump to Page:  < Previous    1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
View Other 'Ohio Basketball' Topics
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             







Copyright ©2023 BobcatAttack.com. All rights reserved.  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Use
Partner of USA TODAY Sports Digital Properties