BobcatAttack.com Message Board
Ohio Basketball Recruiting
Topic:  RE: 2022 6"1' G Ajay Sheldon, Dublin Coffman HS, Ohio offer

Topic:  RE: 2022 6"1' G Ajay Sheldon, Dublin Coffman HS, Ohio offer
Author

Member Since: 11/12/2004

Message Not Read  RE: 2022 6"1' G Ajay Sheldon, Dublin Coffman HS, Ohio offer
   Posted: 1/8/2022 1:31:52 AM 
Sheldon had a huge 38 point outburst to lead Coffman to a come from behind win over Upper Arlington.

brucecuth
General User

Member Since: 12/21/2004

Posted: 1/8/2022 7:36:08 AM 
Jeff McKinney wrote:
Sheldon had a huge 38 point outburst to lead Coffman to a come from behind win over Upper Arlington.

Was at Coffman for the game. I will say this about Ajay: This is a tough, tough kid. He took as hard a pounding as I've seen a high school kid take at the hands of a very physical UA team that was previously undefeated. Further, he's the only player worth a squat on his team. He took 75% of Coffman's shots, and it wasn't because he's a ball hog. The other kids on the team just aren't good--they do play hard, though.

I would say most of Ajay's buckets came on drives to the hoop, particularly in the second half. These were shots that probably won't be available at the collegiate level. Very good ball handler. An OK outside shot.

This was the first game I've seen Ajay play. On that basis, kind of tough to predict how much he'll play as a freshman.

cbarber357
General User

Member Since: 9/9/2012

Posted: 1/8/2022 7:58:23 AM 
brucecuth wrote:
Jeff McKinney wrote:

Was at Coffman for the game. I will say this about Ajay: This is a tough, tough kid. He took as hard a pounding as I've seen a high school kid take at the hands of a very physical UA team that was previously undefeated. Further, he's the only player worth a squat on his team. He took 75% of Coffman's shots, and it wasn't because he's a ball hog. The other kids on the team just aren't good--they do play hard, though.

I would say most of Ajay's buckets came on drives to the hoop, particularly in the second half. These were shots that probably won't be available at the collegiate level. Very good ball handler. An OK outside shot.

This was the first game I've seen Ajay play. On that basis, kind of tough to predict how much he'll play as a freshman.

Hopefully he can learn how to make those shots happen amongst the big men from Mark Sears next year.

brucecuth
General User

Posted: 1/8/2022 8:00:58 AM 
https://pressprosmagazine.com/sheldons-38-helps-coffman-r... /

FearLeon
General User

Member Since: 3/12/2005

Posted: 1/8/2022 11:44:44 AM 
brucecuth wrote:

I think this kid is going to be a big time contributor. Excellent handles and can find his shot. I also like that he has a special aura of brashness to him. He's got confidence and won't be intimidated at the next level.

Last Edited: 1/8/2022 11:45:24 AM by FearLeon

#BleedGreen #TrentIsGOAT

brucecuth
General User

Posted: 1/11/2022 8:42:00 AM 
brucecuth wrote:
Jeff McKinney wrote:

After taking a physical beating Friday, Ajay came back the following day to score 31 against host Columbus Africentric. Lots of heart and toughness here.

shabamon
General User

Member Since: 11/17/2006

Posted: 1/11/2022 9:49:17 AM 
brucecuth wrote:

Here are your highlights!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s38OgjYmK3s

Cellis033
General User

Member Since: 11/11/2021

Posted: 1/11/2022 1:56:54 PM 
shabamon wrote:
brucecuth wrote:

Here are your highlights!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s38OgjYmK3s

Cannot wait until we have Ajay on the team. Looks like he had a field day in getting to the basket with no issues as well as some good three point shooting. Also, Upper Arlington fans / students really showed up to that game!

Chase
OU Engineering Technology and Management '23
Bringing the noise!

Andrew Ruck
General User

Member Since: 12/22/2004

Posted: 1/12/2022 9:11:42 AM 
A lot of similarities to Mark Sears!

Andrew Ruck
B.B.A. 2003

Showing Replies:  26 - 34  of 34 Posts
Jump to Page:  < Previous    1 | 2
View Other 'Ohio Basketball Recruiting' Topics

Copyright ©2022 BobcatAttack.com. All rights reserved.  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Use
Partner of USA TODAY Sports Digital Properties