Welcome Guest!
Create an Account
login email:
password:
site searchwhere to watchcontact usabout usadvertise with ushelp
Message Board

BobcatAttack.com Message Board
Ohio Football
Topic:  RE: Transfers

Topic:  RE: Transfers
Author
Message
BillyTheCat
General User

Member Since: 10/6/2012
Post Count: 8,087

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Transfers
   Posted: 12/22/2021 5:12:17 PM 
GoCats105 wrote:
One time transfer rule with no penalty. Get used to it, everyone.


Heard today on ESPN radio that there has been an average of 23 players a day entering the portal since the last two weeks.
Back to Top
  
RufusCat09
General User

Member Since: 12/14/2019
Post Count: 284

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Transfers
   Posted: 12/22/2021 6:12:11 PM 
BillyTheCat wrote:
GoCats105 wrote:
One time transfer rule with no penalty. Get used to it, everyone.


Heard today on ESPN radio that there has been an average of 23 players a day entering the portal since the last two weeks.


Per Twitter...

12/22 Transfer portal Update
865 FBS scholarship entries since 8/1
28 have officially withdrawn
837 still actively in portal
222 have announced new schools 26.5% have found a new home so far
Back to Top
  
Pataskala
General User

Member Since: 7/8/2010
Location: At least six feet away from anybody else
Post Count: 8,615

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Transfers
   Posted: 12/22/2021 6:14:23 PM 
RufusCat09 wrote:
colobobcat66 wrote:
RufusCat09 wrote:
Cats5 wrote:
Add another - CB Pierre Kemeni


To Texas State (Sunbelt)

Texas State hasn't had a winning record since 2014...pretty consistent 2/3/4 win team every year. Ouch


Snd they beat us the last time we played a few years back


Yep, the only FBS win for them in their 2-10 season. Hooray


At least he's staying a Bobcat.


We will get by.
We will get by.
We will get by.
We will survive.

Back to Top
  
RufusCat09
General User

Member Since: 12/14/2019
Post Count: 284

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Transfers
   Posted: 12/28/2021 7:43:20 PM 
Because I'm bored and there's no real news lately...A friendly update on our Bobcats in the portal...

Looks like most will go the FCS or lower route (not surprising) but not sure what to make of that since some of them were getting significant playing time. What does that say about our recruiting? Player development?

And then we see Akron's QB (Gibson) and WR (Mumpfield) getting major Power 5 offers / interest. Also, Miami likely losing 2 big time players on defense in Pace Jr (lead MAC in tackles) and Phelps (3rd in MAC in sacks) both getting Power 5 offers / interest as well.


WR
Isiah Cox --> Undecided (South Alabama & FCS offers)
Jerome Buckner --> Undecided (FCS Offers)
Keeshawn Tyson --> Undecided (Division II Offers)
Tanner Alton --> Undecided (Indiana Visit)

RB
Walter Wilbon --> Undecided

OL
Bryce McNair --> Southern University (FCS - SWAC)
Samson Jackson --> Alabama A&M (FCS - SWAC)

CB
Pierre Kemeni --> Texas State (Sunbelt)
Shakari Denson --> Alabama A&M (FCS - SWAC)

S
Jett Elad --> Undecided (FCS Offers)

DE
Tillman Weaver --> Undecided (Power 5 offers - Kansas, Arizona, WSU, Syracuse, Memphis, Rutgers)

Last Edited: 12/28/2021 7:49:10 PM by RufusCat09

Back to Top
  
BryanHall
General User

Member Since: 9/11/2010
Post Count: 302

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Transfers
   Posted: 12/29/2021 3:57:04 PM 
RufusCat09 wrote:
Because I'm bored and there's no real news lately...A friendly update on our Bobcats in the portal...

Looks like most will go the FCS or lower route (not surprising) but not sure what to make of that since some of them were getting significant playing time. What does that say about our recruiting? Player development?

And then we see Akron's QB (Gibson) and WR (Mumpfield) getting major Power 5 offers / interest. Also, Miami likely losing 2 big time players on defense in Pace Jr (lead MAC in tackles) and Phelps (3rd in MAC in sacks) both getting Power 5 offers / interest as well.


WR
Isiah Cox --> Undecided (South Alabama & FCS offers)
Jerome Buckner --> Undecided (FCS Offers)
Keeshawn Tyson --> Undecided (Division II Offers)
Tanner Alton --> Undecided (Indiana Visit)

RB
Walter Wilbon --> Undecided

OL
Bryce McNair --> Southern University (FCS - SWAC)
Samson Jackson --> Alabama A&M (FCS - SWAC)

CB
Pierre Kemeni --> Texas State (Sunbelt)
Shakari Denson --> Alabama A&M (FCS - SWAC)

S
Jett Elad --> Undecided (FCS Offers)

DE
Tillman Weaver --> Undecided (Power 5 offers - Kansas, Arizona, WSU, Syracuse, Memphis, Rutgers)



I appreciate you compiling this--I was hoping someone would do this (and keep it updated). Is there any way to track who we are offering?

I'm surprised Weaver is getting so much interest and Elad is not. I'm also surprised that Cox isn't getting more interest from FBS teams.

Back to Top
  
Doc Bobcat
General User

Member Since: 12/20/2004
Post Count: 3,949

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Transfers
   Posted: 12/29/2021 6:43:41 PM 
BryanHall wrote:
RufusCat09 wrote:
Because I'm bored and there's no real news lately...A friendly update on our Bobcats in the portal...

Looks like most will go the FCS or lower route (not surprising) but not sure what to make of that since some of them were getting significant playing time. What does that say about our recruiting? Player development?

And then we see Akron's QB (Gibson) and WR (Mumpfield) getting major Power 5 offers / interest. Also, Miami likely losing 2 big time players on defense in Pace Jr (lead MAC in tackles) and Phelps (3rd in MAC in sacks) both getting Power 5 offers / interest as well.


WR
Isiah Cox --> Undecided (South Alabama & FCS offers)
Jerome Buckner --> Undecided (FCS Offers)
Keeshawn Tyson --> Undecided (Division II Offers)
Tanner Alton --> Undecided (Indiana Visit)

RB
Walter Wilbon --> Undecided

OL
Bryce McNair --> Southern University (FCS - SWAC)
Samson Jackson --> Alabama A&M (FCS - SWAC)

CB
Pierre Kemeni --> Texas State (Sunbelt)
Shakari Denson --> Alabama A&M (FCS - SWAC)

S
Jett Elad --> Undecided (FCS Offers)

DE
Tillman Weaver --> Undecided (Power 5 offers - Kansas, Arizona, WSU, Syracuse, Memphis, Rutgers)



I appreciate you compiling this--I was hoping someone would do this (and keep it updated). Is there any way to track who we are offering?

I'm surprised Weaver is getting so much interest and Elad is not. I'm also surprised that Cox isn't getting more interest from FBS teams.



Twitter is one way to get info on transfers who have offers from us. If you find their twitter page and see Ohio coaches following you know they’re serious. The 2 Ohio recruiting coaches will show tweets from transfers who acknowledge offers from us. One 6’6”-320 offensive lineman from Georgetown
looks interesting.

As far as ones we have lost Cox and Elad and Buckner being the losses that hurt.

Some of the others like Wilbon hardly saw the field.

Last Edited: 12/29/2021 6:51:14 PM by Doc Bobcat

Back to Top
  
Pataskala
General User

Member Since: 7/8/2010
Location: At least six feet away from anybody else
Post Count: 8,615

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Transfers
   Posted: 12/30/2021 2:24:22 PM 
Hawaii has had 14 players enter the portal...including the coach's son. https://footballscoop.com/news/todd-graham-son-14th-hawai...

Ouch.


We will get by.
We will get by.
We will get by.
We will survive.

Back to Top
  
71 BOBCAT
General User

Member Since: 12/20/2004
Post Count: 1,692

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Transfers
   Posted: 12/31/2021 8:05:55 AM 
So between graduation and transfers we total 39 players leaving.
Only 10 commits during the early signing period.
Are we in trouble to fill our roster with quality players for the 2022 season?
At this point things don't look good.




GO BOBCATS
Back to Top
  
RufusCat09
General User

Member Since: 12/14/2019
Post Count: 284

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Transfers
   Posted: 12/31/2021 9:31:02 AM 
71 BOBCAT wrote:
So between graduation and transfers we total 39 players leaving.
Only 10 commits during the early signing period.
Are we in trouble to fill our roster with quality players for the 2022 season?
At this point things don't look good.




GO BOBCATS


What's not clear to me is if any senior from this season is eligible for another season due to COVID or if that was just a one time thing?
Back to Top
  
colobobcat66
General User

Member Since: 9/1/2006
Location: Watching the bobcats run outside my window., CO
Post Count: 3,652

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Transfers
   Posted: 12/31/2021 10:36:12 AM 
RufusCat09 wrote:
71 BOBCAT wrote:
So between graduation and transfers we total 39 players leaving.
Only 10 commits during the early signing period.
Are we in trouble to fill our roster with quality players for the 2022 season?
At this point things don't look good.




GO BOBCATS


What's not clear to me is if any senior from this season is eligible for another season due to COVID or if that was just a one time thing?


Finally got a new commit today - a defensive end from Purdue.
Back to Top
  
RufusCat09
General User

Member Since: 12/14/2019
Post Count: 284

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Transfers
   Posted: 12/31/2021 12:01:08 PM 
Yikes, Buffalo losing their 3 year starting QB Vantrease and their top RB McDuffie.

But pick up a transfer QB from Rutgers. Oh how the portal is so much fun. Good luck projecting how the MAC will turn out next year with all of this player movement lol
Back to Top
  
Pataskala
General User

Member Since: 7/8/2010
Location: At least six feet away from anybody else
Post Count: 8,615

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Transfers
   Posted: 12/31/2021 12:24:28 PM 
RufusCat09 wrote:
71 BOBCAT wrote:
So between graduation and transfers we total 39 players leaving.
Only 10 commits during the early signing period.
Are we in trouble to fill our roster with quality players for the 2022 season?
At this point things don't look good.




GO BOBCATS


What's not clear to me is if any senior from this season is eligible for another season due to COVID or if that was just a one time thing?


From what I've seen, any player who was on a D1 or D2 roster during the 2020-21 school year gets an additional year of eligibility, no matter what class year they were in. So everyone who was on a roster last year gets a sixth year of eligibility (four plus a redshirt year plus the covid year). It's just that sixth-year players don't count against scholarship limits during the 2021-22 school year. Starting with 2022-23, however, sixth-year players count against schollie limits.


We will get by.
We will get by.
We will get by.
We will survive.

Back to Top
  
Doc Bobcat
General User

Member Since: 12/20/2004
Post Count: 3,949

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Transfers
   Posted: 1/4/2022 11:30:59 AM 
Trenton Gillison is a 6’4”-245 TE/DE four stars out of Pickerington Central who entered the transfer portal from Michigan State in December. Current Bobcats Dontay Hunter and Chris Mayfield are encouraging him to land here. OSU is probably in the picture but Mayfield and him were teammates at Michigan State.
Back to Top
  
RufusCat09
General User

Member Since: 12/14/2019
Post Count: 284

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Transfers
   Posted: 1/10/2022 3:28:47 PM 
Isiah Cox committed to Alabama A&M. Buckner to Illinois State.


He's now the 3rd Bobcat to transfer to Alabama A&M (Samson Jackson & Shakari Denson).

Surprised to see only one real FBS offer (South Alabama) for Isiah and the rest being FCS schools.

Don't really understand two WRs who were getting lots of PT going down to FCS for a better opportunity?

Last Edited: 1/10/2022 8:26:13 PM by RufusCat09

Back to Top
  
MonroeClassmate
General User

Member Since: 8/31/2010
Post Count: 1,586

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Transfers
   Posted: 1/10/2022 10:16:49 PM 
RufusCat09 wrote:

Don't really understand two WRs who were getting lots of PT going down to FCS for a better opportunity?


Better weather?
Better academics?
Better majors?
Better team?
Better coeds?
Better payola?
Better training table?
Better chance to win?
Better atmosphere?
Better facilities?
Better FAN BOARD?

We've got the world's best staff so it cannot be better coaches.

Last Edited: 1/10/2022 10:19:07 PM by MonroeClassmate

Back to Top
  
OhioCatFan
General User



Member Since: 12/20/2004
Location: Athens, OH
Post Count: 12,187

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Transfers
   Posted: 1/11/2022 12:26:51 AM 
MonroeClassmate wrote:
RufusCat09 wrote:

Don't really understand two WRs who were getting lots of PT going down to FCS for a better opportunity?


Better coeds?



Blasphemy! This is grounds for an immediate suspension of posting privileges! ;-)


"It is better to be an optimist and be proven a fool than to be a pessimist and be proven right."

Note: My avatar is the national colors of the 78th Ohio Veteran Volunteer Infantry, which are now preserved in a climate controlled vault at the Ohio History Connection. Learn more about the old 78th at: http://www.78ohio.org

Back to Top
  
BryanHall
General User

Member Since: 9/11/2010
Post Count: 302

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Transfers
   Posted: 1/11/2022 5:17:09 PM 
MonroeClassmate wrote:
RufusCat09 wrote:

Don't really understand two WRs who were getting lots of PT going down to FCS for a better opportunity?


Better weather?
Better academics?
Better majors?
Better team?
Better coeds?
Better payola?
Better training table?
Better chance to win?
Better atmosphere?
Better facilities?
Better FAN BOARD?

We've got the world's best staff so it cannot be better coaches.



Player movement is reflecting the fact that there is little difference between FCS and "Lesser 5" conference FB teams to current players. It's another step in the inevitable FBS schism. Markets are efficient--they'll tell you what is happening first.
Back to Top
  
Urban Bobcat
General User

Member Since: 9/14/2007
Location: Chicago, IL
Post Count: 652

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Transfers
   Posted: 1/18/2022 9:02:30 AM 
MonroeClassmate wrote:
RufusCat09 wrote:

Don't really understand two WRs who were getting lots of PT going down to FCS for a better opportunity?


Better weather?
Better academics?
Better majors?
Better team?
Better coeds?
Better payola?
Better training table?
Better chance to win?
Better atmosphere?
Better facilities?
Better FAN BOARD?

We've got the world's best staff so it cannot be better coaches.



Heck, we have MAC Coach of the Year all but locked up next season!!!


URBAN BOBCAT

Back to Top
  
RufusCat09
General User

Member Since: 12/14/2019
Post Count: 284

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Transfers
   Posted: 1/18/2022 5:59:38 PM 
Friendly 2022 Portal update...Most of the Bobcats in the portal have committed elsewhere. Newest addition is Freshman OL Wyatt Walton (Johnstown-Monroe HS).

WR
Isiah Cox --> Alabama A&M (FCS - SWAC)
Jerome Buckner --> Illinois State (FCS - MVC)
Keeshawn Tyson --> Lenoir-Rhyne (Division II)
Tanner Alton --> Undecided (Indiana Visit)

RB
Walter Wilbon --> Iowa Central CC

OL
Bryce McNair --> Southern University (FCS - SWAC)
Samson Jackson --> Alabama A&M (FCS - SWAC)
Wyatt Wilson --> Undecided

CB
Pierre Kemeni --> Texas State (Sunbelt)
Shakari Denson --> Alabama A&M (FCS - SWAC)

S
Jett Elad --> Undecided (FCS Offers)

DE
Tillman Weaver --> Undecided (Power 5 offers - Kansas, Arizona, WSU, Syracuse, Memphis, Rutgers)
Back to Top
  
Bobcat1996
General User

Member Since: 1/2/2017
Post Count: 628

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Transfers
   Posted: 1/20/2022 8:39:46 AM 
Some one should tell these players that the grass is not always greener on the other side. Shane Hooks got in the portal after the 2020 limited season and ended up at Jackson State. He had 16 receptions for less than 200 yards and two Tds this season. He was the sixth leading WR for Jackson State. Hopefully Shane will move up the ranks in 2022, but often times players get in the portal with no where to go.

Last Edited: 1/20/2022 8:40:30 AM by Bobcat1996

Back to Top
  
Pataskala
General User

Member Since: 7/8/2010
Location: At least six feet away from anybody else
Post Count: 8,615

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Transfers
   Posted: 1/20/2022 1:34:05 PM 
Bobcat1996 wrote:
Some one should tell these players that the grass is not always greener on the other side. Shane Hooks got in the portal after the 2020 limited season and ended up at Jackson State. He had 16 receptions for less than 200 yards and two Tds this season. He was the sixth leading WR for Jackson State. Hopefully Shane will move up the ranks in 2022, but often times players get in the portal with no where to go.


Some things they have to find out for themselves.


We will get by.
We will get by.
We will get by.
We will survive.

Back to Top
  
IceCat76
General User

Member Since: 12/5/2016
Location: Byfield, MA
Post Count: 194

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Transfers
   Posted: 1/20/2022 1:38:47 PM 
Bobcat1996 wrote:
Some one should tell these players that the grass is not always greener on the other side. Shane Hooks got in the portal after the 2020 limited season and ended up at Jackson State. He had 16 receptions for less than 200 yards and two Tds this season. He was the sixth leading WR for Jackson State. Hopefully Shane will move up the ranks in 2022, but often times players get in the portal with no where to go.


Perhaps this is an indication of the actual level of talent that Ohio is recruiting and landing.
Back to Top
  
Doc Bobcat
General User

Member Since: 12/20/2004
Post Count: 3,949

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Transfers
   Posted: 1/20/2022 3:14:51 PM 
IceCat76 wrote:
Bobcat1996 wrote:
Some one should tell these players that the grass is not always greener on the other side. Shane Hooks got in the portal after the 2020 limited season and ended up at Jackson State. He had 16 receptions for less than 200 yards and two Tds this season. He was the sixth leading WR for Jackson State. Hopefully Shane will move up the ranks in 2022, but often times players get in the portal with no where to go.


Perhaps this is an indication of the actual level of talent that Ohio is recruiting and landing.


Perhaps transfer schools have little or no video to judge these particular
players.

Sure a couple did ok….but the video for most of them would be standing on the sideline in street clothes or with their helmets off.
Back to Top
  
RufusCat09
General User

Member Since: 12/14/2019
Post Count: 284

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Transfers
   Posted: 1/20/2022 3:32:53 PM 
Doc Bobcat wrote:
IceCat76 wrote:
Bobcat1996 wrote:
Some one should tell these players that the grass is not always greener on the other side. Shane Hooks got in the portal after the 2020 limited season and ended up at Jackson State. He had 16 receptions for less than 200 yards and two Tds this season. He was the sixth leading WR for Jackson State. Hopefully Shane will move up the ranks in 2022, but often times players get in the portal with no where to go.


Perhaps this is an indication of the actual level of talent that Ohio is recruiting and landing.


Perhaps transfer schools have little or no video to judge these particular
players.

Sure a couple did ok….but the video for most of them would be standing on the sideline in street clothes or with their helmets off.


LOL or when your highlight video consists of all clips from practice.
Back to Top
  
Bobcat1996
General User

Member Since: 1/2/2017
Post Count: 628

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Transfers
   Posted: 1/20/2022 3:44:57 PM 
Hooks was the leading receiver in receptions in the limited three game 2020 Covid season. He was the second leading WR in yards behind Cox in 2019. Guessing if he would have stayed in Athens, he would have had more than 16 receptions and more than 200 yards. He would have been better than the sixth best WR on Ohio's team.
Back to Top
  
Showing Replies:  101 - 125  of 152 Posts
Jump to Page:  < Previous    1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7    Next >
View Other 'Ohio Football' Topics
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             







Copyright ©2022 BobcatAttack.com. All rights reserved.  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Use
Partner of USA TODAY Sports Digital Properties