Welcome Guest!
Create an Account
login email:
password:
site searchwhere to watchcontact usabout usadvertise with ushelp
Message Board

BobcatAttack.com Message Board
Ohio Football
Topic:  Who is most likely to take a "P" this week?

Topic:  Who is most likely to take a "P" this week?
Author
Message
Pataskala
General User

Member Since: 7/8/2010
Location: At least six feet away from anybody else
Post Count: 8,810

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  Who is most likely to take a "P" this week?
   Posted: 9/14/2022 10:08:03 AM 

 
 
Please Register or Login to Vote
 


The MAC is 0-10 vs "P" teams through Week 2, but this week brings more opportunities, maybe the best of the season. Which MAC team is most likely to beat a "P" this week?


We will get by.
We will get by.
We will get by.
We will survive.

Back to Top
  
Victory
General User

Member Since: 3/10/2012
Post Count: 1,267

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Who is most likely to take a "P" this week?
   Posted: 9/14/2022 1:07:20 PM 
The answer, IMO, is NIU by a large margin. This is about a 50/50 game. The obvious second choice is WMU against Pitt which wouldn't be a big upset. If Akron won it would literally be one of the handful of biggest FBS upsets of all time. If Toledo won against OSU it would be remembered like Appy beating Michigan but it is a lot more likely to happen than Akron winning. Both of those are very unlikely.

The real question is which of these games has the best chance for an upset.

Ohio at ISU
EMU at Arizona St.
Cincy at Miami
Marshall at BG
Buffalo at Coastal Carolina

Last Edited: 9/14/2022 1:08:59 PM by Victory

Back to Top
  
MonroeClassmate
General User

Member Since: 8/31/2010
Post Count: 1,635

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Who is most likely to take a "P" this week?
   Posted: 9/14/2022 10:19:59 PM 
Victory wrote:
The answer, IMO, is NIU by a large margin. This is about a 50/50 game. The obvious second choice is WMU against Pitt which wouldn't be a big upset. If Akron won it would literally be one of the handful of biggest FBS upsets of all time. If Toledo won against OSU it would be remembered like Appy beating Michigan but it is a lot more likely to happen than Akron winning. Both of those are very unlikely.

The real question is which of these games has the best chance for an upset.

Ohio at ISU
EMU at Arizona St.
Cincy at Miami
Marshall at BG
Buffalo at Coastal Carolina



EMU
Back to Top
  
Pataskala
General User

Member Since: 7/8/2010
Location: At least six feet away from anybody else
Post Count: 8,810

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Who is most likely to take a "P" this week?
   Posted: 9/14/2022 10:54:17 PM 
MonroeClassmate wrote:
Victory wrote:
The answer, IMO, is NIU by a large margin. This is about a 50/50 game. The obvious second choice is WMU against Pitt which wouldn't be a big upset. If Akron won it would literally be one of the handful of biggest FBS upsets of all time. If Toledo won against OSU it would be remembered like Appy beating Michigan but it is a lot more likely to happen than Akron winning. Both of those are very unlikely.

The real question is which of these games has the best chance for an upset.

Ohio at ISU
EMU at Arizona St.
Cincy at Miami
Marshall at BG
Buffalo at Coastal Carolina



EMU


Got one of those hunches that BG will take out T'erd. T'erd could have a letdown week after the big win over ND last week, much like BG did after beating Minn last year. Plus, BG hasn't beaten an OOC D1A team at home since 2014; even in 2015 they lost to Tenn and Memphis at home despite beating Maryland and Purdue on the road. I think they're due.


We will get by.
We will get by.
We will get by.
We will survive.

Back to Top
  
mf279801
General User

Member Since: 8/6/2010
Location: Atlanta, GA
Post Count: 2,362

Status: Online

  Message Not Read  RE: Who is most likely to take a "P" this week?
   Posted: 9/15/2022 3:35:53 PM 
I think the best answer is “if anyone, NIU (but even that is unlikely)”
Back to Top
  
GoCats105
General User

Member Since: 1/31/2006
Location: Seattle, WA
Post Count: 6,298

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Who is most likely to take a "P" this week?
   Posted: 9/15/2022 6:55:38 PM 
I don't know about you guys, but I take a P at least once a day. Sometimes two if I've eaten anything spicy. These guys should go to the doctor if they're only going once a week.

Last Edited: 9/15/2022 6:56:14 PM by GoCats105

Back to Top
  
Pataskala
General User

Member Since: 7/8/2010
Location: At least six feet away from anybody else
Post Count: 8,810

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Who is most likely to take a "P" this week?
   Posted: 9/17/2022 6:33:28 PM 
Lombardi must be hurt for NIU. He's out of the game after being 7 for 7 with a TD and no picks. Hampton has been at QB and just threw a pick at the end zone. Vandy leads 38-28 with 4:00 to go.


We will get by.
We will get by.
We will get by.
We will survive.

Back to Top
  
OhioCatFan
General User



Member Since: 12/20/2004
Location: Athens, OH
Post Count: 12,493

Status: Online

  Message Not Read  RE: Who is most likely to take a "P" this week?
   Posted: 9/17/2022 6:59:26 PM 
Pataskala wrote:
Lombardi must be hurt for NIU. He's out of the game after being 7 for 7 with a TD and no picks. Hampton has been at QB and just threw a pick at the end zone. Vandy leads 38-28 with 4:00 to go.


Yes, Lombardi got hurt on slide after a nice gain. It was a no-contact injury. It looked to me like an ankle, but it could have been a knee. He did walk off the field with a little limp.


"It is better to be an optimist and be proven a fool than to be a pessimist and be proven right."

Note: My avatar is the national colors of the 78th Ohio Veteran Volunteer Infantry, which are now preserved in a climate controlled vault at the Ohio History Connection. Learn more about the old 78th at: http://www.78ohio.org

Back to Top
  
MonroeClassmate
General User

Member Since: 8/31/2010
Post Count: 1,635

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Who is most likely to take a "P" this week?
   Posted: 9/17/2022 10:47:33 PM 
MARSHALL............HaHaHaHaHaHaHa
Back to Top
  
CatsUp
General User

Member Since: 4/15/2019
Post Count: 603

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Who is most likely to take a "P" this week?
   Posted: 9/18/2022 7:48:53 AM 
Well.…EMU took a “P” about 2:20 AM EDST this morning. Their QB got hurt but the Eagles RB (Evans) ran roughshod over Arizona State for well over 200 yards; most of it in the second half.
Back to Top
  
OhioCatFan
General User



Member Since: 12/20/2004
Location: Athens, OH
Post Count: 12,493

Status: Online

  Message Not Read  RE: Who is most likely to take a "P" this week?
   Posted: 9/18/2022 9:29:21 AM 
CatsUp wrote:
Well.…EMU took a “P” about 2:20 AM EDST this morning. Their QB got hurt but the Eagles RB (Evans) ran roughshod over Arizona State for well over 200 yards; most of it in the second half.


Thanks for the late night reporting. I saw part the EMU game last week against the Ragin Caguns, and they didn't look very good. They must have cleaned up their act in the last week. That's what good coaches do. They teach teams to learn from their mistakes and improve from week to week. Unfortunately, I'm not seeing that with OHIO.


"It is better to be an optimist and be proven a fool than to be a pessimist and be proven right."

Note: My avatar is the national colors of the 78th Ohio Veteran Volunteer Infantry, which are now preserved in a climate controlled vault at the Ohio History Connection. Learn more about the old 78th at: http://www.78ohio.org

Back to Top
  
shabamon
General User



Member Since: 11/17/2006
Location: Cincinnati
Post Count: 4,963

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Who is most likely to take a "P" this week?
   Posted: 9/18/2022 8:36:15 PM 
That was the MAC'S first ever regular season win over a PAC team. And it's Eastern Michigan that does it.
Back to Top
  
OhioCatFan
General User



Member Since: 12/20/2004
Location: Athens, OH
Post Count: 12,493

Status: Online

  Message Not Read  RE: Who is most likely to take a "P" this week?
   Posted: 9/18/2022 8:40:57 PM 
shabamon wrote:
That was the MAC'S first ever regular season win over a PAC team. And it's Eastern Michigan that does it.


Wasn't it Western that won a bowl game over a PAC 12 team? Was it last year? Too lazy to look it up right now, but I assume some of you with photographic memories of past scores will know the answer without a Duck-Duck-Go internet search.

Last Edited: 9/18/2022 8:42:42 PM by OhioCatFan


"It is better to be an optimist and be proven a fool than to be a pessimist and be proven right."

Note: My avatar is the national colors of the 78th Ohio Veteran Volunteer Infantry, which are now preserved in a climate controlled vault at the Ohio History Connection. Learn more about the old 78th at: http://www.78ohio.org

Back to Top
  
MonroeClassmate
General User

Member Since: 8/31/2010
Post Count: 1,635

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Who is most likely to take a "P" this week?
   Posted: 9/18/2022 8:50:55 PM 
Pataskala wrote:
MonroeClassmate wrote:
Victory wrote:
The answer, IMO, is NIU by a large margin. This is about a 50/50 game. The obvious second choice is WMU against Pitt which wouldn't be a big upset. If Akron won it would literally be one of the handful of biggest FBS upsets of all time. If Toledo won against OSU it would be remembered like Appy beating Michigan but it is a lot more likely to happen than Akron winning. Both of those are very unlikely.

The real question is which of these games has the best chance for an upset.

Ohio at ISU
EMU at Arizona St.
Cincy at Miami
Marshall at BG
Buffalo at Coastal Carolina



EMU


Got one of those hunches that BG will take out T'erd. T'erd could have a letdown week after the big win over ND last week, much like BG did after beating Minn last year. Plus, BG hasn't beaten an OOC D1A team at home since 2014; even in 2015 they lost to Tenn and Memphis at home despite beating Maryland and Purdue on the road. I think they're due.


Hey Pataskala: what is the Bobcatattack prize for our being right on EMU and BGSU?
Back to Top
  
Showing Replies:  1 - 14  of 14 Posts
Jump to Page:  1
View Other 'Ohio Football' Topics
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             







Copyright ©2022 BobcatAttack.com. All rights reserved.  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Use
Partner of USA TODAY Sports Digital Properties