Welcome Guest!
Create an Account
login email:
password:
site searchwhere to watchcontact usabout usadvertise with ushelp
Message Board

BobcatAttack.com Message Board
Ohio Football
Topic:  RE: Official Game 12 Thread: Bowling Green

Topic:  RE: Official Game 12 Thread: Bowling Green
Author
Message
Pataskala
General User

Member Since: 7/8/2010
Location: At least six feet away from anybody else
Post Count: 8,849

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 12 Thread: Bowling Green
   Posted: 11/20/2022 10:11:06 PM 
OhioCatFan wrote:
bobcatsquared wrote:
Pataskala wrote:
Midweek MACtion goes international.


Going continental at the least.


That's what makes CMH an international airport. When they first got that designation, it was because of a single flight each day to Toronto.


One of the smaller airports in the Cleveland area (Parma?) was designated an international airport back in the '70s because one small carrier flew daily to some fishing village in Canada.


We will get by.
We will get by.
We will get by.
We will survive.

Back to Top
  
M.D.W.S.T
General User



Member Since: 12/23/2021
Post Count: 220

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 12 Thread: Bowling Green
   Posted: 11/21/2022 11:02:35 AM 
M.D.W.S.T wrote:


Curious what they set the line. I'm thinking OU -4.5


As of Monday at 11AM, it looks like the line is at -6.5

Someone said it was -7.5 yesterday? That's a lot of movement for one day on a midweek MAC game.
Back to Top
  
BobcatFaithful
General User

Member Since: 9/2/2021
Post Count: 32

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 12 Thread: Bowling Green
   Posted: 11/21/2022 3:40:41 PM 
Apologies in advance, I was having a tough time figuring out how to start a new thread so I thought my next message would fit best here


aNyway, I got down to Athens a day early ahead of our rubber match with BG and I'll be darned. I drove by the orange lot to scope out my spot for tomorrow and they are pulling up the concrete and it looks like they're trying to repave. Does anyone know anything about this? Was this planned all along? If so, I've seen very little messaging on it...
Any chance it's ready by kick tomorrow?

About to go grab an early dinner with my granddaughter at Brenen's...I'll update everyone later
Back to Top
  
Rabbi Rufus
General User



Member Since: 9/4/2021
Post Count: 13

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 12 Thread: Bowling Green
   Posted: 11/21/2022 3:47:40 PM 
Haven’t heard much about this, Faithful. You know how slow that fundraising department works though. I’ll be shocked if it’s ready for tomorrow.

Hope you get to see a Cats victory! This rabbi will be cheering on from Temple Shalom in Solon, OH.


Roll Bobbies!

Back to Top
  
Deciduous Forest Cat
General User

Member Since: 12/20/2004
Location: Ohio
Post Count: 3,990

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 12 Thread: Bowling Green
   Posted: 11/21/2022 4:02:19 PM 
BobcatFaithful wrote:
Apologies in advance, I was having a tough time figuring out how to start a new thread so I thought my next message would fit best here


aNyway, I got down to Athens a day early ahead of our rubber match with BG and I'll be darned. I drove by the orange lot to scope out my spot for tomorrow and they are pulling up the concrete and it looks like they're trying to repave. Does anyone know anything about this? Was this planned all along? If so, I've seen very little messaging on it...
Any chance it's ready by kick tomorrow?

About to go grab an early dinner with my granddaughter at Brenen's...I'll update everyone later


I won't be able to get to A-town anytime before 5, but I'm surprised lots don't open until 5. I would think they would be safe opening the full 3 hours before kick on a Tuesday, even though the "business" day hasn't ended yet.

Back to Top
  
Ted Thompson
Administrator



Member Since: 11/11/2004
Location: MAC Play
Post Count: 6,968

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 12 Thread: Bowling Green
   Posted: 11/21/2022 9:34:42 PM 

 


Follow Ohio Football recruiting on the BobcatAttack.com football recruiting database.

Back to Top
  
Ted Thompson
Administrator



Member Since: 11/11/2004
Location: MAC Play
Post Count: 6,968

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 12 Thread: Bowling Green
   Posted: 11/21/2022 9:35:27 PM 

 


Follow Ohio Football recruiting on the BobcatAttack.com football recruiting database.

Back to Top
  
TheBobcatBandit
General User



Member Since: 8/25/2013
Post Count: 562

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 12 Thread: Bowling Green
   Posted: 11/22/2022 2:55:29 AM 
November maction! Mac east title on the line. Bobcats vs falcons! Can’t beat it. Go bobcats! Let’s hunt some birds! 😺
Back to Top
  
LuckySparrow
General User



Member Since: 10/15/2012
Location: Illinois
Post Count: 1,492

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 12 Thread: Bowling Green
   Posted: 11/22/2022 7:36:05 AM 
It doesn't get much bigger than this.

Hope Rourke can play, if not I do have a good bit of confidence in CJ Harris. Let's hope OUr defense plays with their hair on fire.

I am too nervous to make a prediction, but not too nervous to say GO BOBCATS!


What a day at the Convo.....Wow!

Back to Top
  
M.D.W.S.T
General User



Member Since: 12/23/2021
Post Count: 220

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 12 Thread: Bowling Green
   Posted: 11/22/2022 8:41:23 AM 
LuckySparrow wrote:
It doesn't get much bigger than this.

Hope Rourke can play, if not I do have a good bit of confidence in CJ Harris. Let's hope OUr defense plays with their hair on fire.

I am too nervous to make a prediction, but not too nervous to say GO BOBCATS!


I hear ya.

I shouldn't be nervous, if the season ended right now, how many of us thought they would win 8 games, but now that we're so close... now that we're playing a beatable team at home for a title shot...

I WANT IT.
Back to Top
  
colobobcat66
General User

Member Since: 9/1/2006
Location: Watching the bobcats run outside my window., CO
Post Count: 3,786

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 12 Thread: Bowling Green
   Posted: 11/22/2022 10:07:28 AM 
Bobcat110 wrote:
So…..who’s bring their dog to the game?

Quote:
BRING YOUR PUP TO PEDEN!

We need as many Bobcats fans at The Frank as possible on Tuesday including dogs!

Tuesday will be our Pups at Peden game where fans may fill out the form below to bring their dog to the game for no additional cost.

Fans bringing their dogs must remain in the bark zone on Victory Hill in the South End Zone and must have their dog on a leash at all times. Fans with dogs must enter through Gate 4 (gate located closest to Walter Fieldhouse). Fans may review more of the policies regarding bringing their dog to Peden within the Pups at Peden Form.

All fans have the opportunity to participate in Pups at Peden regardless if you bring a dog or not as fans may donate canned/dry dog food or snacks at the ticket office in exchange for free admission to the football game courtesy of head coach Tim Albin and his wife Brooke Albin. Donations will be given to the Athens County Dog Shelter.

https://app.ohiobobcats.com/PupsatPeden?utm_medium=email&...

.


At first, There’s just so much that can go wrong with bringing dogs to a game:
They bite
They run loose and are hard to control, they fight
They poop

But after some thought, it seems to me that the MAC and Ohio can get a lot out of this:

They bite but hopefully they will only bite those fans that have the ugliest team colors in D-1- brown and orange!

We need a little more excitement at Peden so dogs running wild and fighting may do the trick.

They poop, so be careful where you step, and the university can make big bucks selling doggie bags.

I’m wondering if the MAC can pick up on this and become the conference having weekday “Fidoaction”,
The conference with “Weekday dogfights”, pick up some sponsors like Nathan’s, Hebrew National or Oscar Meyer advertise the games as national hot dog games, have dog shows at halftime, greased dog races, and whatever creative things to increase interest, attendance and viewership. It can become “The league of hot dogs”.
And Victory hill can become known as the “biggest pet relief area in the US”. Just think what the Athens County Tourism board could do with that. They’d really have something to bark about.

And to help the team out, we could keep a couple pit bulls on the sidelines to turn loose when an opposing player is about to make a big play. We could use a bulldog to slobber on the opponents football before every play. So many possibilities.

(Excuse the-really bad humor, I’m at the airport waiting to fly there to see the game and have nothing else to do)

Last Edited: 11/22/2022 10:09:47 AM by colobobcat66

Back to Top
  
Bobcat110
General User



Member Since: 3/5/2005
Location: Mount Gilead, OH
Post Count: 660

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 12 Thread: Bowling Green
   Posted: 11/22/2022 11:01:56 AM 
colobobcat66 wrote:
Bobcat110 wrote:
So…..who’s bring their dog to the game?

Quote:
BRING YOUR PUP TO PEDEN!

We need as many Bobcats fans at The Frank as possible on Tuesday including dogs!

Tuesday will be our Pups at Peden game where fans may fill out the form below to bring their dog to the game for no additional cost.

Fans bringing their dogs must remain in the bark zone on Victory Hill in the South End Zone and must have their dog on a leash at all times. Fans with dogs must enter through Gate 4 (gate located closest to Walter Fieldhouse). Fans may review more of the policies regarding bringing their dog to Peden within the Pups at Peden Form.

All fans have the opportunity to participate in Pups at Peden regardless if you bring a dog or not as fans may donate canned/dry dog food or snacks at the ticket office in exchange for free admission to the football game courtesy of head coach Tim Albin and his wife Brooke Albin. Donations will be given to the Athens County Dog Shelter.

https://app.ohiobobcats.com/PupsatPeden?utm_medium=email&...

.


At first, There’s just so much that can go wrong with bringing dogs to a game:
They bite
They run loose and are hard to control, they fight
They poop

But after some thought, it seems to me that the MAC and Ohio can get a lot out of this:

They bite but hopefully they will only bite those fans that have the ugliest team colors in D-1- brown and orange!

We need a little more excitement at Peden so dogs running wild and fighting may do the trick.

They poop, so be careful where you step, and the university can make big bucks selling doggie bags.

I’m wondering if the MAC can pick up on this and become the conference having weekday “Fidoaction”,
The conference with “Weekday dogfights”, pick up some sponsors like Nathan’s, Hebrew National or Oscar Meyer advertise the games as national hot dog games, have dog shows at halftime, greased dog races, and whatever creative things to increase interest, attendance and viewership. It can become “The league of hot dogs”.
And Victory hill can become known as the “biggest pet relief area in the US”. Just think what the Athens County Tourism board could do with that. They’d really have something to bark about.

And to help the team out, we could keep a couple pit bulls on the sidelines to turn loose when an opposing player is about to make a big play. We could use a bulldog to slobber on the opponents football before every play. So many possibilities.

(Excuse the-really bad humor, I’m at the airport waiting to fly there to see the game and have nothing else to do)


😀. I think the ROTC cannons would be bad for them. I do like that a dog food/snack donation gets fans a free ticket. I doubt there will be very many actual dogs brought to the game though because it hasn’t been hugely marketed and the game attendance two days before Thanksgiving is generally bad. Plus, they are restricted to the hill behind south goal.
Back to Top
  
OhioCatFan
General User



Member Since: 12/20/2004
Location: Athens, OH
Post Count: 12,701

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 12 Thread: Bowling Green
   Posted: 11/22/2022 11:23:20 AM 
colobobcat66 wrote:
Bobcat110 wrote:
So…..who’s bring their dog to the game?

Quote:
BRING YOUR PUP TO PEDEN!

We need as many Bobcats fans at The Frank as possible on Tuesday including dogs!

Tuesday will be our Pups at Peden game where fans may fill out the form below to bring their dog to the game for no additional cost.

Fans bringing their dogs must remain in the bark zone on Victory Hill in the South End Zone and must have their dog on a leash at all times. Fans with dogs must enter through Gate 4 (gate located closest to Walter Fieldhouse). Fans may review more of the policies regarding bringing their dog to Peden within the Pups at Peden Form.

All fans have the opportunity to participate in Pups at Peden regardless if you bring a dog or not as fans may donate canned/dry dog food or snacks at the ticket office in exchange for free admission to the football game courtesy of head coach Tim Albin and his wife Brooke Albin. Donations will be given to the Athens County Dog Shelter.

https://app.ohiobobcats.com/PupsatPeden?utm_medium=email&...

.


At first, There’s just so much that can go wrong with bringing dogs to a game:
They bite
They run loose and are hard to control, they fight
They poop

But after some thought, it seems to me that the MAC and Ohio can get a lot out of this:

They bite but hopefully they will only bite those fans that have the ugliest team colors in D-1- brown and orange!

We need a little more excitement at Peden so dogs running wild and fighting may do the trick.

They poop, so be careful where you step, and the university can make big bucks selling doggie bags.

I’m wondering if the MAC can pick up on this and become the conference having weekday “Fidoaction”,
The conference with “Weekday dogfights”, pick up some sponsors like Nathan’s, Hebrew National or Oscar Meyer advertise the games as national hot dog games, have dog shows at halftime, greased dog races, and whatever creative things to increase interest, attendance and viewership. It can become “The league of hot dogs”.
And Victory hill can become known as the “biggest pet relief area in the US”. Just think what the Athens County Tourism board could do with that. They’d really have something to bark about.

And to help the team out, we could keep a couple pit bulls on the sidelines to turn loose when an opposing player is about to make a big play. We could use a bulldog to slobber on the opponents football before every play. So many possibilities.

(Excuse the-really bad humor, I’m at the airport waiting to fly there to see the game and have nothing else to do)


ROTFL! Thanks for posting this. I needed a little humor as I comtemplate a Rourke-less game, according to the latest BA rumor mill. I really laughed reading this. You underestimate yourself as joke writer! Very good stuff, IMHO!


"It is better to be an optimist and be proven a fool than to be a pessimist and be proven right."

Note: My avatar is the national colors of the 78th Ohio Veteran Volunteer Infantry, which are now preserved in a climate controlled vault at the Ohio History Connection. Learn more about the old 78th at: http://www.78ohio.org

Back to Top
  
Rabbi Rufus
General User



Member Since: 9/4/2021
Post Count: 13

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 12 Thread: Bowling Green
   Posted: 11/22/2022 11:36:43 AM 
Nervous about this one. I prayed about this game at services on Friday night. I think it’s going to depend on the strength of Bangura and the offensive line, and the defense forcing turnovers.

Hope our cats eat some hearty gefilte fish before this game. Gonna need all their strength to take down these gentiles!

Last Edited: 11/22/2022 11:37:29 AM by Rabbi Rufus


Roll Bobbies!

Back to Top
  
BobcatFaithful
General User

Member Since: 9/2/2021
Post Count: 32

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 12 Thread: Bowling Green
   Posted: 11/22/2022 11:45:56 AM 
Rabbi Rufus wrote:
Nervous about this one. I prayed about this game at services on Friday night. I think it’s going to depend on the strength of Bangura and the offensive line, and the defense forcing turnovers.

Hope our cats eat some hearty gefilte fish before this game. Gonna need all their strength to take down these gentiles!


BG sure does look tough this year. Hoping Roark decides to wake up with a little more heart this morning and chooses to lace em up today.
Bring your rabbit's foot, 4 leaf clover, or whatever you warship because we're gonna need it!

Personally hoping BVP didn't forget about little old Athens and joins us tonight to help cheer on his former classmates!

In Albin's name....GO CATS 🧱🧱
Back to Top
  
BobcatFaithful
General User

Member Since: 9/2/2021
Post Count: 32

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 12 Thread: Bowling Green
   Posted: 11/22/2022 11:53:27 AM 
What is our uniform setup going to be tonight? I personally am hoping for a blackout under the lights or all white. Haven't loved the green helmets this year
Back to Top
  
Sikey3
General User

Member Since: 4/5/2020
Post Count: 17

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 12 Thread: Bowling Green
   Posted: 11/22/2022 7:13:17 PM 
BG gonnna force harris to beat them in the air as expected
Back to Top
  
M.D.W.S.T
General User



Member Since: 12/23/2021
Post Count: 220

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 12 Thread: Bowling Green
   Posted: 11/22/2022 7:19:46 PM 
YUCK.
Back to Top
  
Cats5
General User

Member Since: 6/14/2017
Post Count: 647

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 12 Thread: Bowling Green
   Posted: 11/22/2022 7:21:39 PM 
Looks like the defense will need to score for us
Back to Top
  
joefromperry
General User



Member Since: 10/5/2013
Location: Perry, OH
Post Count: 80

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 12 Thread: Bowling Green
   Posted: 11/22/2022 7:24:16 PM 
I hope Harris has a chance to do his thing and not be stifled by Albin's terrible play calling
Back to Top
  
Rabbi Rufus
General User



Member Since: 9/4/2021
Post Count: 13

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 12 Thread: Bowling Green
   Posted: 11/22/2022 7:30:47 PM 
This rabbi has seen enough. It’s over.


Roll Bobbies!

Back to Top
  
Bobcat1998
General User

Member Since: 11/7/2012
Post Count: 1,923

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 12 Thread: Bowling Green
   Posted: 11/22/2022 7:32:51 PM 
Cats5 wrote:
Looks like the defense will need to score for us


Looks like that's not an option. Those of you calling for an Albin extension let's wait to see how the next few games go. Rourke makes him look good. Who knows..maybe CJ Harris will be better. Sample size so far says no.
Back to Top
  
joefromperry
General User



Member Since: 10/5/2013
Location: Perry, OH
Post Count: 80

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 12 Thread: Bowling Green
   Posted: 11/22/2022 7:33:53 PM 
still early. But then, that could me it could get a lot worse. Let CJ try to connect with all our great receivers.
Back to Top
  
JHSbobcat08
General User

Member Since: 12/4/2011
Post Count: 109

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 12 Thread: Bowling Green
   Posted: 11/22/2022 7:40:41 PM 
Drafting some Fire Tim Ablin tweets
Back to Top
  
BobcatFaithful
General User

Member Since: 9/2/2021
Post Count: 32

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 12 Thread: Bowling Green
   Posted: 11/22/2022 7:47:42 PM 
JHSbobcat08 wrote:
Drafting some Fire Tim Ablin tweets


We counted him out quickly last year and look what he’s done this year. Lot of game left. Let’s give Tim a chance. Let Albin work his magic. That said if we go down 3 scores, let’s ship him off.
Back to Top
  
Showing Replies:  51 - 75  of 138 Posts
Jump to Page:  < Previous    1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6    Next >
View Other 'Ohio Football' Topics
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             







Copyright ©2022 BobcatAttack.com. All rights reserved.  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Use
Partner of USA TODAY Sports Digital Properties