Welcome Guest!
Create an Account
login email:
password:
site searchwhere to watchcontact usabout usadvertise with ushelp
Message Board

BobcatAttack.com Message Board
Ohio Football
Topic:  Season to Date Summary

Topic:  Season to Date Summary
Author
Message
71 BOBCAT
General User

Member Since: 12/20/2004
Post Count: 1,811

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  Season to Date Summary
   Posted: 9/18/2023 9:17:40 AM 
We are now 3-1 vs last year, 2-2, at this point
Our D is the real deal as we all agree.
Now we need our O to have a breakout game.
I think our next game will give our O a great opportunity to show their stuff.
We are currently 9.5 favorites only because we do not score a lot of points.
9.5 point favorites on the road, WOW When was the last time we were favored on the road by this many points?
If we were scoring like LY we would have been favored by 15-20 points.
Let's stay hungry and continue to stay focused.
Did I forget to mention we are receiving some love in the coach's poll?




GO BOBCATS
Back to Top
  
colobobcat66
General User

Member Since: 9/1/2006
Location: Watching the bobcats run outside my window., CO
Post Count: 3,982

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Season to Date Summary
   Posted: 9/18/2023 11:02:21 AM 
71 BOBCAT wrote:
We are now 3-1 vs last year, 2-2, at this point
Our D is the real deal as we all agree.
Now we need our O to have a breakout game.
I think our next game will give our O a great opportunity to show their stuff.
We are currently 9.5 favorites only because we do not score a lot of points.
9.5 point favorites on the road, WOW When was the last time we were favored on the road by this many points?
If we were scoring like LY we would have been favored by 15-20 points.
Let's stay hungry and continue to stay focused.
Did I forget to mention we are receiving some love in the coach's poll?




GO BOBCATS


The great defense is by far the surprise of the year, but to me the paltry offense is close. Everybody expected Rourke to take some time to get up to speed, but the running game has been pretty average with the conservative play calling. Were living on the edge with scoring 15 points a game. I really think we will see better QBs in the MAC than weve seen so far and will have to score more than weve been doing to win the MAC. But take the wins and move on.
Back to Top
  
Campus Flow
General User



Member Since: 12/20/2004
Location: Alexandria, VA
Post Count: 4,862

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Season to Date Summary
   Posted: 9/18/2023 12:03:01 PM 
On paper we could say Ohio has given up 12.3 ppg to SDSU, FAU and ISU so the defense will be for real in MAC play and the offense will pick up the pace. Reality may be our offense might not be that crisp this year and will be subject to unexpected clunkers in MAC play. Regardless Ohio may have enough to win its 6th division title and 6th MAC championship in 2023.


Most Memorable Bobcat Events Attended
2010 97-83 win over Georgetown in NCAA 1st round
2012 45-13 victory over ULM in the Independence Bowl
2015 34-3 drubbing of Miami @ Peden front of 25,086

Back to Top
  
BillyTheCat
General User

Member Since: 10/6/2012
Post Count: 8,949

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Season to Date Summary
   Posted: 9/18/2023 2:20:03 PM 
Campus Flow wrote:
On paper we could say Ohio has given up 12.3 ppg to SDSU, FAU and ISU so the defense will be for real in MAC play and the offense will pick up the pace. Reality may be our offense might not be that crisp this year and will be subject to unexpected clunkers in MAC play. Regardless Ohio may have enough to win its 6th division title and 6th MAC championship in 2023.


MAC teams will have a lot more film, and will put more time in then some of the non-league teams do. That's just a reality of what league games mean, and being later in the year.
Back to Top
  
OhioCatFan
General User



Member Since: 12/20/2004
Location: Athens, OH
Post Count: 13,773

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Season to Date Summary
   Posted: 9/18/2023 3:45:31 PM 
BillyTheCat wrote:
Campus Flow wrote:
On paper we could say Ohio has given up 12.3 ppg to SDSU, FAU and ISU so the defense will be for real in MAC play and the offense will pick up the pace. Reality may be our offense might not be that crisp this year and will be subject to unexpected clunkers in MAC play. Regardless Ohio may have enough to win its 6th division title and 6th MAC championship in 2023.


MAC teams will have a lot more film, and will put more time in then some of the non-league teams do. That's just a reality of what league games mean, and being later in the year.


Very true, but I don't think that our offense has really hit its stride yet. I think we are still shaking off the rust, particularly with the QB carousel we've had the first four games of the season. Rourke on Saturday, while very good, did not look to me to be at the top of his game yet.


The only BLSS Certified Hypocrite on BA

"It is better to be an optimist and be proven a fool than to be a pessimist and be proven right."

Note: My avatar is the national colors of the 78th Ohio Veteran Volunteer Infantry, which are now preserved in a climate controlled vault at the Ohio History Connection. Learn more about the old 78th at: http://www.78ohio.org

Back to Top
  
Showing Replies:  1 - 5  of 5 Posts
Jump to Page:  1
View Other 'Ohio Football' Topics
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             





Copyright ©2023 BobcatAttack.com. All rights reserved.  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Use
Partner of USA TODAY Sports Digital Properties