Welcome Guest!
Create an Account
login email:
password:
site searchwhere to watchcontact usabout usadvertise with ushelp
Message Board

BobcatAttack.com Message Board
Ohio Basketball
Topic:  Spain trip now official

Topic:  Spain trip now official
Author
Message
brucecuth
General User

Member Since: 12/21/2004
Post Count: 1,744

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  Spain trip now official
   Posted: 8/1/2022 10:14:55 AM 
https://ohiobobcats.com/news/2022/8/1/mens-basketball-ohi...
Back to Top
  
BurritoBuggy4
General User

Member Since: 4/19/2021
Post Count: 86

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Spain trip now official
   Posted: 8/1/2022 11:05:58 AM 
Man I wish there was a way to watch/listen.
Back to Top
  
BillyTheCat
General User

Member Since: 10/6/2012
Post Count: 8,469

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Spain trip now official
   Posted: 8/1/2022 5:48:56 PM 
brucecuth wrote:
https://ohiobobcats.com/news/2022/8/1/mens-basketball-ohi...


Wow, if it just came official on the 1st, and they leave the 3rd. I hope they have had to properly pack and prepare
Back to Top
  
MonroeClassmate
General User

Member Since: 8/31/2010
Post Count: 1,681

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Spain trip now official
   Posted: 8/1/2022 6:08:18 PM 
Look out for the Two-man game.

Popular in Spain to have one guy distract a fellow teammate while you leave your bags to go check it out and the second guy picks-off the assisting teammates bags. Is it considered a steal and a TO? It's football season and I cannot remember the hardwood rules.

Be safe, have fun. Look for Hannibal and his Elephants. Play great defense.
Back to Top
  
colobobcat66
General User

Member Since: 9/1/2006
Location: Watching the bobcats run outside my window., CO
Post Count: 3,792

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Spain trip now official
   Posted: 8/3/2022 3:06:48 PM 
Itís got to be pretty exciting for the players to have an opportunity like this. Good for them. I hope they come back raring to go.
Back to Top
  
J.B.Hoy
General User



Member Since: 10/25/2005
Location: Portland, OR
Post Count: 80

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Spain trip now official
   Posted: 8/5/2022 2:18:15 PM 
Down 6 after 3 quarters.

Twitter feed with scores and a few pics:
https://twitter.com/OhioMBasketball

Cats drop game 1 75-68

Last Edited: 8/5/2022 2:45:42 PM by J.B.Hoy

Back to Top
  
Cats5
General User

Member Since: 6/14/2017
Post Count: 647

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Spain trip now official
   Posted: 8/5/2022 6:05:15 PM 
J.B.Hoy wrote:
Down 6 after 3 quarters.

Twitter feed with scores and a few pics:
https://twitter.com/OhioMBasketball

Cats drop game 1 75-68


Not a bad start against pros. I think Boals is just playing with lineups but I can definitely see todays starting 5 being the norm.
Back to Top
  
Cellis033
General User



Member Since: 11/11/2021
Location: Powell, OH
Post Count: 1,077

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Spain trip now official
   Posted: 8/5/2022 6:51:23 PM 
Solid starting 5 in Hunter, Miles Brown, AJ Brown, Clayton, Wilson. Clayton has huge potential to be a good PF. I've heard past interviews from BVP saying he was way ahead of where he was at that same point in his basketball career. Hunter I would imagine would be our starting PG.


Chase
OU Engineering Technology and Management '24
O-Zone President
Bringing the noise!

Muck Fiami
Kent read, Kent write, Can't be a state!
Bowling Green Normal School

Back to Top
  
Cellis033
General User



Member Since: 11/11/2021
Location: Powell, OH
Post Count: 1,077

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Spain trip now official
   Posted: 8/5/2022 7:08:48 PM 
Scoring that I could find:

AJ Brown: 10 pts
Wilson III: 8 pts 6 rbs
Hunter: 8 pts
AJ Clayton 8pts
Roderick 8pts
Wiznitzer 6 rbs.

I know it's an exhibition but ultra solid start for our guys. Report off of the men's basketball site says 6 of B-Rod's points were threes. I'd love to see Wiz and Wilson on the court together but probably won't happen. Would be awesome to have them both enforce the paint!


Chase
OU Engineering Technology and Management '24
O-Zone President
Bringing the noise!

Muck Fiami
Kent read, Kent write, Can't be a state!
Bowling Green Normal School

Back to Top
  
Bobcat1998
General User

Member Since: 11/7/2012
Post Count: 1,925

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Spain trip now official
   Posted: 8/6/2022 6:11:48 AM 
Cats5 wrote:
J.B.Hoy wrote:
Down 6 after 3 quarters.

Twitter feed with scores and a few pics:
https://twitter.com/OhioMBasketball

Cats drop game 1 75-68


Not a bad start against pros. I think Boals is just playing with lineups but I can definitely see todays starting 5 being the norm.


I do not believe DeVon Baker is on Spain trip. I have to believe he will take Miles' spot and we would have a great bench with Miles and Brod lending experience.
Back to Top
  
FearLeon
General User



Member Since: 3/12/2005
Post Count: 3,036

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Spain trip now official
   Posted: 8/6/2022 12:32:26 PM 
Anyone have official boxscore game stats?


#BleedGreen #TrentIsGOAT

Back to Top
  
RufusCat09
General User

Member Since: 12/14/2019
Post Count: 364

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Spain trip now official
   Posted: 8/7/2022 6:23:20 PM 
Interesting enough Mark Sears and the Alabama Men's BBall team is also in Spain on the their "Summer Tour". Looks like they are also going to France.

Would be awkward to cross paths in Barcelona
Back to Top
  
Bobcat Love's Sense of Shame
General User

Member Since: 7/30/2010
Post Count: 2,574

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Spain trip now official
   Posted: 8/7/2022 6:55:01 PM 
Who is on this Spain Select team? Anybody know age range and where these players come from?
Back to Top
  
J.B.Hoy
General User



Member Since: 10/25/2005
Location: Portland, OR
Post Count: 80

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Spain trip now official
   Posted: 8/8/2022 1:33:18 PM 
Game 2 Starters:
0 Ajay Sheldon
1 Elmore James
3 Ben Roderick
10 Aidan Hadaway
11 Gabe Wiznitzer

End First Quarter:
Ohio: 22
Spain Select: 19

HALFTIME:
Ohio: 45
Spain Select: 49
AJ Clayton leads Ohio with 11 first half points, followed by AJ Brown with 7. Jaylin Hunter leads with 6 rebounds.



Last Edited: 8/8/2022 1:58:54 PM by J.B.Hoy

Back to Top
  
Bobcat1998
General User

Member Since: 11/7/2012
Post Count: 1,925

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Spain trip now official
   Posted: 8/8/2022 2:12:56 PM 
J.B.Hoy wrote:
Game 2 Starters:
0 Ajay Sheldon
1 Elmore James
3 Ben Roderick
10 Aidan Hadaway
11 Gabe Wiznitzer

End First Quarter:
Ohio: 22
Spain Select: 19

HALFTIME:
Ohio: 45
Spain Select: 49
AJ Clayton leads Ohio with 11 first half points, followed by AJ Brown with 7. Jaylin Hunter leads with 6 rebounds.





Interesting. Judging by the 2 starting lineups Adelodun and Ezuma are the two guys who have not started yet (Baker is not yet witih the team). I was hoping for them to be integral players this year. Maybe the frosh have truly stepped up. Love seeing both AJ's and Hunter being highlighted in both games so far statistically. I think Hunter is going to blow away the MAC point guards.

Quick note on Bama...saw they won big in their first game. Sears started but did not finish as one of the top 8 scorers from what I saw on Twitter. I am sure he will settle in but he may find, much as Jaaron did, that competing against SEC recruits is tougher than competing against MAC recruits. Just sayin.
Back to Top
  
J.B.Hoy
General User



Member Since: 10/25/2005
Location: Portland, OR
Post Count: 80

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Spain trip now official
   Posted: 8/8/2022 2:18:38 PM 
End of third:
Ohio: 69
Spain Select: 69

Final:
Ohio: 86
Spain Select: 92

AJ Brown finished with 19 points, Miles Brown with 12 and AJ Clayton with 11. While Jaylin Hunter grabbed 7 rebounds.

Last Edited: 8/8/2022 2:44:35 PM by J.B.Hoy

Back to Top
  
Cellis033
General User



Member Since: 11/11/2021
Location: Powell, OH
Post Count: 1,077

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Spain trip now official
   Posted: 8/8/2022 5:09:42 PM 
J.B.Hoy wrote:
End of third:
Ohio: 69
Spain Select: 69

Final:
Ohio: 86
Spain Select: 92

AJ Brown finished with 19 points, Miles Brown with 12 and AJ Clayton with 11. While Jaylin Hunter grabbed 7 rebounds.


Ugh, while we lost both games so I believe we are getting the freshmen some much needed court time. AJ Brown had double digit points both games. So f'n excited for this year.

Last Edited: 8/8/2022 5:12:23 PM by Cellis033


Chase
OU Engineering Technology and Management '24
O-Zone President
Bringing the noise!

Muck Fiami
Kent read, Kent write, Can't be a state!
Bowling Green Normal School

Back to Top
  
RufusCat09
General User

Member Since: 12/14/2019
Post Count: 364

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Spain trip now official
   Posted: 8/8/2022 5:21:27 PM 
Bobcat1998 wrote:
J.B.Hoy wrote:
Game 2 Starters:
0 Ajay Sheldon
1 Elmore James
3 Ben Roderick
10 Aidan Hadaway
11 Gabe Wiznitzer

End First Quarter:
Ohio: 22
Spain Select: 19

HALFTIME:
Ohio: 45
Spain Select: 49
AJ Clayton leads Ohio with 11 first half points, followed by AJ Brown with 7. Jaylin Hunter leads with 6 rebounds.





Interesting. Judging by the 2 starting lineups Adelodun and Ezuma are the two guys who have not started yet (Baker is not yet witih the team). I was hoping for them to be integral players this year. Maybe the frosh have truly stepped up. Love seeing both AJ's and Hunter being highlighted in both games so far statistically. I think Hunter is going to blow away the MAC point guards.

Quick note on Bama...saw they won big in their first game. Sears started but did not finish as one of the top 8 scorers from what I saw on Twitter. I am sure he will settle in but he may find, much as Jaaron did, that competing against SEC recruits is tougher than competing against MAC recruits. Just sayin.



Stupid question but did Bama play the same team that we did?
Back to Top
  
Cellis033
General User



Member Since: 11/11/2021
Location: Powell, OH
Post Count: 1,077

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Spain trip now official
   Posted: 8/8/2022 5:42:47 PM 
RufusCat09 wrote:
Bobcat1998 wrote:
J.B.Hoy wrote:
Game 2 Starters:
0 Ajay Sheldon
1 Elmore James
3 Ben Roderick
10 Aidan Hadaway
11 Gabe Wiznitzer

End First Quarter:
Ohio: 22
Spain Select: 19

HALFTIME:
Ohio: 45
Spain Select: 49
AJ Clayton leads Ohio with 11 first half points, followed by AJ Brown with 7. Jaylin Hunter leads with 6 rebounds.





Interesting. Judging by the 2 starting lineups Adelodun and Ezuma are the two guys who have not started yet (Baker is not yet witih the team). I was hoping for them to be integral players this year. Maybe the frosh have truly stepped up. Love seeing both AJ's and Hunter being highlighted in both games so far statistically. I think Hunter is going to blow away the MAC point guards.

Quick note on Bama...saw they won big in their first game. Sears started but did not finish as one of the top 8 scorers from what I saw on Twitter. I am sure he will settle in but he may find, much as Jaaron did, that competing against SEC recruits is tougher than competing against MAC recruits. Just sayin.



Stupid question but did Bama play the same team that we did?


They did. Ran them out of their own building. They played their starters, got out to a big lead and played their bench guys after looks like.

Last Edited: 8/8/2022 6:06:41 PM by Cellis033


Chase
OU Engineering Technology and Management '24
O-Zone President
Bringing the noise!

Muck Fiami
Kent read, Kent write, Can't be a state!
Bowling Green Normal School

Back to Top
  
RufusCat09
General User

Member Since: 12/14/2019
Post Count: 364

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Spain trip now official
   Posted: 8/8/2022 6:56:09 PM 
Cellis033 wrote:
RufusCat09 wrote:
Bobcat1998 wrote:
J.B.Hoy wrote:
Game 2 Starters:
0 Ajay Sheldon
1 Elmore James
3 Ben Roderick
10 Aidan Hadaway
11 Gabe Wiznitzer

End First Quarter:
Ohio: 22
Spain Select: 19

HALFTIME:
Ohio: 45
Spain Select: 49
AJ Clayton leads Ohio with 11 first half points, followed by AJ Brown with 7. Jaylin Hunter leads with 6 rebounds.





Interesting. Judging by the 2 starting lineups Adelodun and Ezuma are the two guys who have not started yet (Baker is not yet witih the team). I was hoping for them to be integral players this year. Maybe the frosh have truly stepped up. Love seeing both AJ's and Hunter being highlighted in both games so far statistically. I think Hunter is going to blow away the MAC point guards.

Quick note on Bama...saw they won big in their first game. Sears started but did not finish as one of the top 8 scorers from what I saw on Twitter. I am sure he will settle in but he may find, much as Jaaron did, that competing against SEC recruits is tougher than competing against MAC recruits. Just sayin.



Stupid question but did Bama play the same team that we did?


They did. Ran them out of their own building. They played their starters, got out to a big lead and played their bench guys after looks like.


Gotcha. I did see their recap video. That team looks super athletic but I'm also assuming they are probably somewhere in the preseason Top 25.

Back to Top
  
Cellis033
General User



Member Since: 11/11/2021
Location: Powell, OH
Post Count: 1,077

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Spain trip now official
   Posted: 8/8/2022 7:15:58 PM 
RufusCat09 wrote:
Cellis033 wrote:
RufusCat09 wrote:
Bobcat1998 wrote:
J.B.Hoy wrote:
Game 2 Starters:
0 Ajay Sheldon
1 Elmore James
3 Ben Roderick
10 Aidan Hadaway
11 Gabe Wiznitzer

End First Quarter:
Ohio: 22
Spain Select: 19

HALFTIME:
Ohio: 45
Spain Select: 49
AJ Clayton leads Ohio with 11 first half points, followed by AJ Brown with 7. Jaylin Hunter leads with 6 rebounds.





Interesting. Judging by the 2 starting lineups Adelodun and Ezuma are the two guys who have not started yet (Baker is not yet witih the team). I was hoping for them to be integral players this year. Maybe the frosh have truly stepped up. Love seeing both AJ's and Hunter being highlighted in both games so far statistically. I think Hunter is going to blow away the MAC point guards.

Quick note on Bama...saw they won big in their first game. Sears started but did not finish as one of the top 8 scorers from what I saw on Twitter. I am sure he will settle in but he may find, much as Jaaron did, that competing against SEC recruits is tougher than competing against MAC recruits. Just sayin.



Stupid question but did Bama play the same team that we did?


They did. Ran them out of their own building. They played their starters, got out to a big lead and played their bench guys after looks like.


Gotcha. I did see their recap video. That team looks super athletic but I'm also assuming they are probably somewhere in the preseason Top 25.



I will be watching them if I can this season as well as Virginia. Interested to see how Sears and BVP translate to SEC / ACC bball.


Chase
OU Engineering Technology and Management '24
O-Zone President
Bringing the noise!

Muck Fiami
Kent read, Kent write, Can't be a state!
Bowling Green Normal School

Back to Top
  
flbobcat
General User

Member Since: 9/2/2005
Post Count: 24

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Spain trip now official (NT)
   Posted: 8/8/2022 8:02:50 PM 

Last Edited: 8/8/2022 8:11:54 PM by flbobcat

Back to Top
  
berniebobcat
General User

Member Since: 11/23/2010
Location: San Luis Obispo, CA
Post Count: 240

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Spain trip now official
   Posted: 8/9/2022 7:03:15 AM 
Is there any way to see a full box score?
Back to Top
  
BurritoBuggy4
General User

Member Since: 4/19/2021
Post Count: 86

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Spain trip now official
   Posted: 8/9/2022 7:26:34 AM 
AJ Brown averaging just under 15 ppg in these two contests is really encouraging to see.
Back to Top
  
shabamon
General User



Member Since: 11/17/2006
Location: Cincinnati
Post Count: 5,101

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Spain trip now official
   Posted: 8/9/2022 9:46:48 AM 
Highlights from game 2! https://twitter.com/OhioMBasketball/status/15569953077449...

All of these videos over the past month are doing a great job of highlighting individual strengths that I think we expect. We expect Sheldon to be a knock down shooter based on his high school tape - and he's swishing threes in practice. We expect a 6'3'' 200+ guard in Elmore James to drive, take contact, and finish in the lane - and we get exactly that. Hadaway running the floor and getting dunks, Roderick and the Browns knocking down threes, Dwight banging in the paint, and catching lobs. Gabe with the post moves and hook shots.

And we haven't even seen the guy who very well could be our leading scorer. This could be the first year in quite some time where we have a complete team from top to bottom. Of all our scholarship guys, I don't know that there's a bad one in the bunch. Even in our best years since I've paid attention to the program I've often felt there was a piece or an aspect missing, whether that's big man size or a wing player that could create his own shot, and we had to really make an adjustment to stay away from weaknesses. Health and chemistry might be the biggest wildcards to this year's success, but this trip can only help the latter.
Back to Top
  
Showing Replies:  1 - 25  of 46 Posts
Jump to Page:  1 | 2    Next >
View Other 'Ohio Basketball' Topics
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             







Copyright ©2022 BobcatAttack.com. All rights reserved.  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Use
Partner of USA TODAY Sports Digital Properties