Welcome Guest!
Create an Account
login email:
password:
site searchwhere to watchcontact usabout usadvertise with ushelp
Message Board

BobcatAttack.com Message Board
General Ohio University Discussion/Alumni Events
Topic:  Group of 16 file lawsuit against Ohio University for discrimination

Topic:  Group of 16 file lawsuit against Ohio University for discrimination
Author
Message
The Optimist
General User



Member Since: 3/16/2007
Location: CLE
Post Count: 5,446

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  Group of 16 file lawsuit against Ohio University for discrimination
   Posted: 12/28/2021 6:30:49 PM 
I hope this group is successful in their attempt to hold Ohio administrators accountable for their discriminatory policies. Discrimination has no place at Ohio Univeristy!

https://www.nbc4i.com/news/local-news/athens-county/16-pe... /


I've seen crazier things happen.

Back to Top
  
greencat
General User



Member Since: 3/12/2005
Post Count: 1,345

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Group of 16 file lawsuit against Ohio University for discrimination
   Posted: 12/28/2021 6:38:07 PM 
August 23, 2021:

"Today, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration approved the first COVID-19 vaccine. The vaccine has been known as the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine, and will now be marketed as Comirnaty (koe-mirí-na-tee), for the prevention of COVID-19 disease in individuals 16 years of age and older."

-------------------------------------------------------

That suit will be tossed out of court faster than 5hit through a goose.
Back to Top
  
OUs LONG Driver
General User

Member Since: 12/20/2004
Location: Copley, OH
Post Count: 630

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Group of 16 file lawsuit against Ohio University for discrimination
   Posted: 12/28/2021 6:41:47 PM 
What a joke. Should be quickly dismissed and hopefully the university reimbursed for any costs incurred.
Back to Top
  
rpbobcat
General User

Member Since: 4/28/2006
Location: Rochelle Park, NJ
Post Count: 3,293

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Group of 16 file lawsuit against Ohio University for discrimination
   Posted: 12/28/2021 9:06:47 PM 
May not affect this suit,but how the Supreme Court Rules on the vaccine mandates could.

There was a lawyer on the radio this afternoon saying that the people opposing the mandates may benefit from the CDC's changing the definition of vaccine in September.

According to the lawyer,the new definition would apply to a therapeutic,not a vaccine.

The original definition is what courts,including the 1905 Supreme Court (Jacobson v Mass ) relied on and is what has been cited by the Biden Administration as
their justification for the mandates.







Back to Top
  
Alan Swank
General User

Member Since: 12/11/2004
Location: Athens, OH
Post Count: 6,668

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Group of 16 file lawsuit against Ohio University for discrimination
   Posted: 12/29/2021 1:33:08 PM 
The Optimist wrote:
I hope this group is successful in their attempt to hold Ohio administrators accountable for their discriminatory policies. Discrimination has no place at Ohio Univeristy!

https://www.nbc4i.com/news/local-news/athens-county/16-pe... /


I read this twice and am hoping this post is sarcastic. If not, Lord help us all from the sure ignorance and selfishness of some people.

Back to Top
  
giacomo
General User

Member Since: 11/20/2007
Post Count: 2,285

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Group of 16 file lawsuit against Ohio University for discrimination
   Posted: 12/29/2021 9:21:45 PM 
I blame the law firm that would take a case like that. Looking to cash in with the anti vax crowd.
Back to Top
  
Pataskala
General User

Member Since: 7/8/2010
Location: At least six feet away from anybody else
Post Count: 8,853

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Group of 16 file lawsuit against Ohio University for discrimination
   Posted: 12/31/2021 12:33:32 PM 
From the Athens News article:

Akron-based Mendenhall Law Group also represents plaintiffs suing Bowling Green State University, Miami University and the University of Cincinnati over COVID vaccine requirements, as well as the J.M. Smucker Company. The office is backed by Ohio Stands Up!, a 501(c) 4 advocacy group of "God-fearing, patriotic volunteers from Ohio" that "aims to educate Ohioans and all Americans on the reality of COVID-19 while ensuring that our constitutional rights are honored in the process," according to a Nov. 4 press release announcing its partnership with Mendenhall Law Group.

"This small firm in Akron, Ohio is dedicated to representing and litigating cases involving unconstitutional COVID policies impacting Ohioans," the release stated.

The press release says that Mendenhall "is seeking to challenge other universities who are implementing similar policies" and that the office is working on cases "involving a variety of sectors."

On its website, Ohio Stands Up! distributes a "COVID fact sheet" prepared by the Weston A. Price Foundation, which has been flagged by Quackwatch and Science-Based Medicine for promoting misinformation. It also offers a brochure on masks titled "Masks Don't Work."

https://www.athensnews.com/news/ou-students-file-suit-aga...


Such a reliable group providing the funding.

Last Edited: 12/31/2021 12:35:22 PM by Pataskala


We will get by.
We will get by.
We will get by.
We will survive.

Back to Top
  
Bobcat Love's Sense of Shame
General User

Member Since: 7/30/2010
Post Count: 2,574

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Group of 16 file lawsuit against Ohio University for discrimination
   Posted: 12/31/2021 3:44:34 PM 
Pretty funny timing. Their argument is basically "you can do this, but only if people have either been diagnosed with the virus, or been in close contact with somebody who has."

Given case rates of late, the latter basically makes their entire case invalid.

Edit: I was curious about why so many people seem convinced that the vaccine isn't FDA approved, when Pfizer received approval in August. If anybody is curious, it's all based on an incredibly stupid, and disproven conspiracy theory. It's explained here: https://www.latimes.com/business/story/2021-09-01/hiltzik...

Basically, it's that the FDA secretly only approved a version of the Pfizer vaccine that's only available abroad and the version in the US is still unapproved.

Here's the kid in the Athens News article publicly insisting he's proven that OU Admins know they're breaking the law based entirely on this very dumb conspiracy theory: https://medium.com/@tycepatt/an-ou-student-asked-covid-operations-if-they-could-receive-the-only-fda-approved-covid-vaccine-1f654438c0e3

It's bad enough that so many Americans lack the common sense and reason to not fall prey to these sorts of things. But why does it seem that the venn diagram of people dumb enough to fall for this sh*t and people who are convinced they're very smart is a single circle?

Last Edited: 12/31/2021 4:04:21 PM by Bobcat Love's Sense of Shame

Back to Top
  
Pataskala
General User

Member Since: 7/8/2010
Location: At least six feet away from anybody else
Post Count: 8,853

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Group of 16 file lawsuit against Ohio University for discrimination
   Posted: 12/31/2021 4:40:24 PM 
Bobcat Love's Sense of Shame wrote:


It's bad enough that so many Americans lack the common sense and reason to not fall prey to these sorts of things. But why does it seem that the venn diagram of people dumb enough to fall for this sh*t and people who are convinced they're very smart is a single circle?


As Barnum supposedly said, there's one born every minute.


We will get by.
We will get by.
We will get by.
We will survive.

Back to Top
  
SBH
General User

Member Since: 12/20/2004
Post Count: 3,263

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Group of 16 file lawsuit against Ohio University for discrimination
   Posted: 12/31/2021 8:15:33 PM 
Pataskala wrote:
From the Athens News article:

Akron-based Mendenhall Law Group also represents plaintiffs suing Bowling Green State University, Miami University and the University of Cincinnati over COVID vaccine requirements, as well as the J.M. Smucker Company. The office is backed by Ohio Stands Up!, a 501(c) 4 advocacy group of "God-fearing, patriotic volunteers from Ohio" that "aims to educate Ohioans and all Americans on the reality of COVID-19 while ensuring that our constitutional rights are honored in the process," according to a Nov. 4 press release announcing its partnership with Mendenhall Law Group.

"This small firm in Akron, Ohio is dedicated to representing and litigating cases involving unconstitutional COVID policies impacting Ohioans," the release stated.

The press release says that Mendenhall "is seeking to challenge other universities who are implementing similar policies" and that the office is working on cases "involving a variety of sectors."

On its website, Ohio Stands Up! distributes a "COVID fact sheet" prepared by the Weston A. Price Foundation, which has been flagged by Quackwatch and Science-Based Medicine for promoting misinformation. It also offers a brochure on masks titled "Masks Don't Work."

https://www.athensnews.com/news/ou-students-file-suit-aga...


Such a reliable group providing the funding.


Warner Mendenhall is an idiot. He was thrown off Akron City Council for fraud, owes 000s in back taxes. A total tool.

Back to Top
  
The Optimist
General User



Member Since: 3/16/2007
Location: CLE
Post Count: 5,446

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Group of 16 file lawsuit against Ohio University for discrimination
   Posted: 1/1/2022 9:16:59 AM 
Alan Swank wrote:
The Optimist wrote:
I hope this group is successful in their attempt to hold Ohio administrators accountable for their discriminatory policies. Discrimination has no place at Ohio Univeristy!

https://www.nbc4i.com/news/local-news/athens-county/16-pe... /


I read this twice and am hoping this post is sarcastic. If not, Lord help us all from the sure ignorance and selfishness of some people.



I was being sarcastic. However, as evidenced by the current spike in cases, the vaccine mandate is simply not good enough. We are faced with a duel epidemic in this country: COVID and obesity.

Ohio University needs to draw a line in the sand and start forcefully injecting all anti-vaxxers and mandating that all students exercise at Ping at least five times a week. Any student who doesn't swipe into Ping should be give one disciplinary warning and if they are not compliment the following semester they should be expelled. People are dying because these unvaccinated, fat slobs are clogging up hospitals.

Additionally, the Mayor of Athens should mandate that all restaurants in Athens check vaccine passports and have a weight scale to test a patron's BMI before allowing them to enter.

According to the CDC anyone with a BMI over 25 is overweight. This is unacceptable. People are dying. Anyone eating fast food is selfish. People are dying.


I've seen crazier things happen.

Back to Top
  
greencat
General User



Member Since: 3/12/2005
Post Count: 1,345

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Group of 16 file lawsuit against Ohio University for discrimination
   Posted: 1/1/2022 9:44:20 AM 
The Optimist wrote:


I was being sarcastic.


>>> BULL5HIT <<<<



Back to Top
  
Pataskala
General User

Member Since: 7/8/2010
Location: At least six feet away from anybody else
Post Count: 8,853

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Group of 16 file lawsuit against Ohio University for discrimination
   Posted: 1/2/2022 3:09:00 PM 
The Optimist wrote:
Alan Swank wrote:
The Optimist wrote:
I hope this group is successful in their attempt to hold Ohio administrators accountable for their discriminatory policies. Discrimination has no place at Ohio Univeristy!

https://www.nbc4i.com/news/local-news/athens-county/16-pe... /


I read this twice and am hoping this post is sarcastic. If not, Lord help us all from the sure ignorance and selfishness of some people.



I was being sarcastic. However, as evidenced by the current spike in cases, the vaccine mandate is simply not good enough. We are faced with a duel epidemic in this country: COVID and obesity.

Ohio University needs to draw a line in the sand and start forcefully injecting all anti-vaxxers and mandating that all students exercise at Ping at least five times a week. Any student who doesn't swipe into Ping should be give one disciplinary warning and if they are not compliment the following semester they should be expelled. People are dying because these unvaccinated, fat slobs are clogging up hospitals.

Additionally, the Mayor of Athens should mandate that all restaurants in Athens check vaccine passports and have a weight scale to test a patron's BMI before allowing them to enter.

According to the CDC anyone with a BMI over 25 is overweight. This is unacceptable. People are dying. Anyone eating fast food is selfish. People are dying.


More great sarcasm!


We will get by.
We will get by.
We will get by.
We will survive.

Back to Top
  
Bobcat Love's Sense of Shame
General User

Member Since: 7/30/2010
Post Count: 2,574

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Group of 16 file lawsuit against Ohio University for discrimination
   Posted: 1/3/2022 7:50:41 AM 
The Optimist wrote:
Alan Swank wrote:
The Optimist wrote:
I hope this group is successful in their attempt to hold Ohio administrators accountable for their discriminatory policies. Discrimination has no place at Ohio Univeristy!

https://www.nbc4i.com/news/local-news/athens-county/16-pe... /


I read this twice and am hoping this post is sarcastic. If not, Lord help us all from the sure ignorance and selfishness of some people.



I was being sarcastic. However, as evidenced by the current spike in cases, the vaccine mandate is simply not good enough. We are faced with a duel epidemic in this country: COVID and obesity.

Ohio University needs to draw a line in the sand and start forcefully injecting all anti-vaxxers and mandating that all students exercise at Ping at least five times a week. Any student who doesn't swipe into Ping should be give one disciplinary warning and if they are not compliment the following semester they should be expelled. People are dying because these unvaccinated, fat slobs are clogging up hospitals.

Additionally, the Mayor of Athens should mandate that all restaurants in Athens check vaccine passports and have a weight scale to test a patron's BMI before allowing them to enter.

According to the CDC anyone with a BMI over 25 is overweight. This is unacceptable. People are dying. Anyone eating fast food is selfish. People are dying.


Obesity isn't contagious. Sadly, stupidity seems to be.
Back to Top
  
The Optimist
General User



Member Since: 3/16/2007
Location: CLE
Post Count: 5,446

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Group of 16 file lawsuit against Ohio University for discrimination
   Posted: 1/3/2022 2:16:11 PM 
Bobcat Love's Sense of Shame wrote:
The Optimist wrote:
Alan Swank wrote:
The Optimist wrote:
I hope this group is successful in their attempt to hold Ohio administrators accountable for their discriminatory policies. Discrimination has no place at Ohio Univeristy!

https://www.nbc4i.com/news/local-news/athens-county/16-pe... /


I read this twice and am hoping this post is sarcastic. If not, Lord help us all from the sure ignorance and selfishness of some people.



I was being sarcastic. However, as evidenced by the current spike in cases, the vaccine mandate is simply not good enough. We are faced with a duel epidemic in this country: COVID and obesity.

Ohio University needs to draw a line in the sand and start forcefully injecting all anti-vaxxers and mandating that all students exercise at Ping at least five times a week. Any student who doesn't swipe into Ping should be give one disciplinary warning and if they are not compliment the following semester they should be expelled. People are dying because these unvaccinated, fat slobs are clogging up hospitals.

Additionally, the Mayor of Athens should mandate that all restaurants in Athens check vaccine passports and have a weight scale to test a patron's BMI before allowing them to enter.

According to the CDC anyone with a BMI over 25 is overweight. This is unacceptable. People are dying. Anyone eating fast food is selfish. People are dying.


Obesity isn't contagious. Sadly, stupidity seems to be.


Obesity is contagious.

https://news.harvard.edu/gazette/story/2007/07/obesity-is... /

For decades, dangerous misinformation has spread claiming obesity is not contagious which is a lie. This has led us into this deadly epidemic. Ohio University administrators must act immediately to prioritize the health of Ohio University students by improving the nutrition at campus dining halls and issuing exercise mandates. It's the only way we can stop this deadly plague.


I've seen crazier things happen.

Back to Top
  
Deciduous Forest Cat
General User

Member Since: 12/20/2004
Location: Ohio
Post Count: 3,995

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Group of 16 file lawsuit against Ohio University for discrimination
   Posted: 1/3/2022 2:35:31 PM 
The Optimist wrote:
Bobcat Love's Sense of Shame wrote:
The Optimist wrote:
Alan Swank wrote:
[QUOTE=The Optimist] I hope this group is successful in their attempt to hold Ohio administrators accountable for their discriminatory policies. Discrimination has no place at Ohio Univeristy!

https://www.nbc4i.com/news/local-news/athens-county/16-pe... /


I read this twice and am hoping this post is sarcastic. If not, Lord help us all from the sure ignorance and selfishness of some

I was being sarcastic. However, as evidenced by the current spike in cases, the vaccine mandate is simply not good enough. We are faced with a duel epidemic in this country: COVID and obesity.

Ohio University needs to draw a line in the sand and start forcefully injecting all anti-vaxxers and mandating that all students exercise at Ping at least five times a week. Any student who doesn't swipe into Ping should be give one disciplinary warning and if they are not compliment the following semester they should be expelled. People are dying because these unvaccinated, fat slobs are clogging up hospitals.

Additionally, the Mayor of Athens should mandate that all restaurants in Athens check vaccine passports and have a weight scale to test a patron's BMI before allowing them to enter.

According to the CDC anyone with a BMI over 25 is overweight. This is unacceptable. People are dying. Anyone eating fast food is selfish. People are dying.


Obesity isn't contagious. Sadly, stupidity seems to be.


Obesity is contagious.

https://news.harvard.edu/gazette/story/2007/07/obesity-is... /

For decades, dangerous misinformation has spread claiming obesity is not contagious which is a lie. This has led us into this deadly epidemic. Ohio University administrators must act immediately to prioritize the health of Ohio University students by improving the nutrition at campus dining halls and issuing exercise mandates. It's the only way we can stop this deadly plague.


What a stupid stupid incorrect use of the word contagious.
Back to Top
  
The Optimist
General User



Member Since: 3/16/2007
Location: CLE
Post Count: 5,446

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Group of 16 file lawsuit against Ohio University for discrimination
   Posted: 1/3/2022 2:47:41 PM 
Deciduous Forest Cat wrote:
The Optimist wrote:
Bobcat Love's Sense of Shame wrote:
The Optimist wrote:
Alan Swank wrote:
[QUOTE=The Optimist] I hope this group is successful in their attempt to hold Ohio administrators accountable for their discriminatory policies. Discrimination has no place at Ohio Univeristy!

https://www.nbc4i.com/news/local-news/athens-county/16-pe... /


I read this twice and am hoping this post is sarcastic. If not, Lord help us all from the sure ignorance and selfishness of some

I was being sarcastic. However, as evidenced by the current spike in cases, the vaccine mandate is simply not good enough. We are faced with a duel epidemic in this country: COVID and obesity.

Ohio University needs to draw a line in the sand and start forcefully injecting all anti-vaxxers and mandating that all students exercise at Ping at least five times a week. Any student who doesn't swipe into Ping should be give one disciplinary warning and if they are not compliment the following semester they should be expelled. People are dying because these unvaccinated, fat slobs are clogging up hospitals.

Additionally, the Mayor of Athens should mandate that all restaurants in Athens check vaccine passports and have a weight scale to test a patron's BMI before allowing them to enter.

According to the CDC anyone with a BMI over 25 is overweight. This is unacceptable. People are dying. Anyone eating fast food is selfish. People are dying.


Obesity isn't contagious. Sadly, stupidity seems to be.


Obesity is contagious.

https://news.harvard.edu/gazette/story/2007/07/obesity-is... /

For decades, dangerous misinformation has spread claiming obesity is not contagious which is a lie. This has led us into this deadly epidemic. Ohio University administrators must act immediately to prioritize the health of Ohio University students by improving the nutrition at campus dining halls and issuing exercise mandates. It's the only way we can stop this deadly plague.


What a stupid stupid incorrect use of the word contagious.

Children are literally dying.

https://reason.com/2022/01/03/cdc-covid-19-children-hospi... /


I've seen crazier things happen.

Back to Top
  
Showing Replies:  1 - 17  of 17 Posts
Jump to Page:  1
View Other 'General Ohio University Discussion/Alumni Events' Topics
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             







Copyright ©2022 BobcatAttack.com. All rights reserved.  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Use
Partner of USA TODAY Sports Digital Properties