Welcome Guest!
Create an Account
login email:
password:
site searchwhere to watchcontact usabout usadvertise with ushelp
Message Board

BobcatAttack.com Message Board
Ohio Football
Topic:  RE: Burrow

Topic:  RE: Burrow
Author
Message
Deciduous Forest Cat
General User

Member Since: 12/20/2004
Location: Ohio
Post Count: 3,923

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Burrow
   Posted: 4/20/2018 2:47:47 PM 
Let's see...

1. He's not a Bobcat
2. He was never seriously recruited to be a Bobcat
3. There is no indication from any legitimate source he will ever be a Bobcat.
4. His decision won't have any downstream impact to the Ohio football program

he's a buckeye, stop giving them any more attention than they need.

Back to Top
  
BobcatGrad84
General User

Member Since: 1/31/2016
Post Count: 11

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Burrow
   Posted: 4/20/2018 10:44:36 PM 
Agree with you completely Deciduous F Cat. Well said. This is a BOBCAT forum. GO BOBCATS !!!

Last Edited: 4/20/2018 10:46:23 PM by BobcatGrad84

Back to Top
  
bigtillyoopsupsideurhead
General User



Member Since: 12/1/2006
Location: Cincinnati
Post Count: 1,924

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Burrow
   Posted: 4/21/2018 9:58:23 AM 
Deciduous Forest Cat wrote:
Let's see...

1. He's not a Bobcat
2. He was never seriously recruited to be a Bobcat
3. There is no indication from any legitimate source he will ever be a Bobcat.
4. His decision won't have any downstream impact to the Ohio football program

he's a buckeye, stop giving them any more attention than they need.



He went to Athens High School and his dad has been our Defensive Coordinator for 13 years. It's a relevant discussion whether he plays for Ohio State, Nebraska, or Rio Grande.
Back to Top
  
Sam bobcat
General User

Member Since: 7/14/2015
Post Count: 633

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Burrow
   Posted: 4/23/2018 7:24:07 AM 
bigtillyoopsupsideurhead wrote:
Deciduous Forest Cat wrote:
Let's see...

1. He's not a Bobcat
2. He was never seriously recruited to be a Bobcat
3. There is no indication from any legitimate source he will ever be a Bobcat.
4. His decision won't have any downstream impact to the Ohio football program

he's a buckeye, stop giving them any more attention than they need.



He went to Athens High School and his dad has been our Defensive Coordinator for 13 years. It's a relevant discussion whether he plays for Ohio State, Nebraska, or Rio Grande.


Which part makes him relevant to Ohio Bobcat Football? That he went to a local high school? Or that his daddy is a coach here? I don't see how either is relevant to the Bobcats. Important or interesting to you or other locals doesn't equate to relevant to Ohio Bobcat Football. Why don't you talk about the one who got away somewhere that doesn't insult the athletes who dedicated themselves to our team? Your crush on a player who rejected Ohio for Ohio State says more about you than anything. Show some Bobcat pride and jump on board with the rest of the team. We're the ones in Green and White.
lol

Last Edited: 4/23/2018 7:24:42 AM by Sam bobcat

Back to Top
  
C Money
General User



Member Since: 8/28/2010
Post Count: 3,420

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Burrow
   Posted: 4/23/2018 9:07:04 AM 
Sam bobcat wrote:
bigtillyoopsupsideurhead wrote:
Deciduous Forest Cat wrote:
Let's see...

1. He's not a Bobcat
2. He was never seriously recruited to be a Bobcat
3. There is no indication from any legitimate source he will ever be a Bobcat.
4. His decision won't have any downstream impact to the Ohio football program

he's a buckeye, stop giving them any more attention than they need.



He went to Athens High School and his dad has been our Defensive Coordinator for 13 years. It's a relevant discussion whether he plays for Ohio State, Nebraska, or Rio Grande.


Which part makes him relevant to Ohio Bobcat Football? That he went to a local high school? Or that his daddy is a coach here? I don't see how either is relevant to the Bobcats. Important or interesting to you or other locals doesn't equate to relevant to Ohio Bobcat Football. Why don't you talk about the one who got away somewhere that doesn't insult the athletes who dedicated themselves to our team? Your crush on a player who rejected Ohio for Ohio State says more about you than anything. Show some Bobcat pride and jump on board with the rest of the team. We're the ones in Green and White.
lol


It's relevant, in that he was a highly sought-after QB prospect who we recruited heavily.

It's irrelevant, in that our QB situation appears to be settled for the duration of his remaining eligibility.

It's relevant, in that this is a college football discussion board, and it's the offseason, and there isn't much other discussion going on, so this seems like as good a topic as any.

It's irrelevant, in that we just completed spring practice and no one is really talking about it, and that seems way more of a topic worth discussing than a player that will not be joining us in the fall.



Anybody go to the Spring Game? Arkley's summary sounded like Ogun-Semore will be a beast at DE, but he's buried pretty deep on the depth chart. All this talent on the edge is making me re-consider the merits of the 3-4. Heresy, I know....

Also, I had a dream last night that Peden was renovated, with giant TV screens everywhere and sports bars inside the stadium, but the stands were all turned to face the jumbotrons instead of the field. We opened with Michigan State. I think we lost, but I couldn't see the field to tell you, and I spent most of the game in line for beer anyway.

Go Bobcats.

Last Edited: 4/23/2018 9:07:41 AM by C Money

Back to Top
  
L.C.
General User

Member Since: 8/31/2005
Location: United States
Post Count: 9,405

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Burrow
   Posted: 4/23/2018 9:10:38 AM 
He said it was relevant, which it is, as people are clearly reading and posting to this thread. He didn't say it was relevant to Ohio Football, which it clearly it not, as nothing in this thread is in any way related to Ohio Football. So, the question is, relevant to what?

If some legitimately think he might transfer to Ohio, which I don't, it could be relevant to recruiting, in which case it belongs in the recruiting forum. Otherwise, it probably belongs in the General OU Discussion forum, where posts of interest to people here which are not related to Football usually end up.


“We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak.” ― Epictetus

Back to Top
  
allen
General User

Member Since: 1/24/2006
Post Count: 4,613

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Burrow
   Posted: 4/23/2018 10:44:19 AM 
L.C. wrote:
He said it was relevant, which it is, as people are clearly reading and posting to this thread. He didn't say it was relevant to Ohio Football, which it clearly it not, as nothing in this thread is in any way related to Ohio Football. So, the question is, relevant to what?

If some legitimately think he might transfer to Ohio, which I don't, it could be relevant to recruiting, in which case it belongs in the recruiting forum. Otherwise, it probably belongs in the General OU Discussion forum, where posts of interest to people here which are not related to Football usually end up.


Malik Zaire and Burrow have been in this thread before, lets not play to the antagonists, we recruited Burrow, his dad is defensive coordinator and he could potentially transfer to Ohio.


Nobody despises to lose more than I do. That's got me into trouble over the years, but it also made a man of mediocre ability into a pretty good coach. Woody Hayes

Back to Top
  
Alan Swank
General User

Member Since: 12/11/2004
Location: Athens, OH
Post Count: 6,614

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Burrow
   Posted: 4/23/2018 10:52:00 AM 
The thought police give me something to chuckle about whenever I check into this thread. If it bothers you, don't bother reading it. There are topic areas that I never visit because I'm just not interested. All of us can choose to do the same on this subject too.

And if the current buzz or lack thereof about OU football on this board is any indication of what the fall will be like, there will be lots of empty seats in Peden.
Back to Top
  
L.C.
General User

Member Since: 8/31/2005
Location: United States
Post Count: 9,405

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Burrow
   Posted: 4/23/2018 11:49:03 AM 
allen wrote:
Malik Zaire and Burrow have been in this thread before, lets not play to the antagonists, we recruited Burrow, his dad is defensive coordinator and he could potentially transfer to Ohio.

Obviously the Zaire threads should have been in the recruiting forum as well. I believe there were some posts at the time that pointed that out as well. 99% of the time discussion of players who might, in the future, play for Ohio takes place in the recruiting forum, for obvious reasons.

Alan Swank wrote:
The thought police give me something to chuckle about whenever I check into this thread.
...


If there were posts from the thought police, I must have missed them. I haven't seen anyone telling anyone what they should think. I've only seen two points made, both of which are valid. First, that while Burrow's career may be of interest to many, it really isn't relevant to Ohio Football, and second, that having more discussion of the OSU Spring game than of the Ohio Spring game is disrespectful to the current Ohio players.

Alan Swank wrote:
...And if the current buzz or lack thereof about OU football on this board is any indication of what the fall will be like, there will be lots of empty seats in Peden.

Exactly! So it seems you do see how disrespectful it is to the Ohio players.


“We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak.” ― Epictetus

Back to Top
  
allen
General User

Member Since: 1/24/2006
Post Count: 4,613

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Burrow
   Posted: 4/23/2018 12:28:11 PM 
L.C. wrote:
allen wrote:
Malik Zaire and Burrow have been in this thread before, lets not play to the antagonists, we recruited Burrow, his dad is defensive coordinator and he could potentially transfer to Ohio.

Obviously the Zaire threads should have been in the recruiting forum as well. I believe there were some posts at the time that pointed that out as well. 99% of the time discussion of players who might, in the future, play for Ohio takes place in the recruiting forum, for obvious reasons.

Alan Swank wrote:
The thought police give me something to chuckle about whenever I check into this thread.
...


If there were posts from the thought police, I must have missed them. I haven't seen anyone telling anyone what they should think. I've only seen two points made, both of which are valid. First, that while Burrow's career may be of interest to many, it really isn't relevant to Ohio Football, and second, that having more discussion of the OSU Spring game than of the Ohio Spring game is disrespectful to the current Ohio players.

Alan Swank wrote:
...And if the current buzz or lack thereof about OU football on this board is any indication of what the fall will be like, there will be lots of empty seats in Peden.

Exactly! So it seems you do see how disrespectful it is to the Ohio players.


This is not disrespectful to the players. We are being super sensitive, it could be in recruiting or in the regular football forum, but TOS to the classifieds or peewee football board is ridiculous.


Nobody despises to lose more than I do. That's got me into trouble over the years, but it also made a man of mediocre ability into a pretty good coach. Woody Hayes

Back to Top
  
Bobcat Grad 86
General User

Member Since: 12/20/2004
Post Count: 1,397

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Burrow
   Posted: 4/23/2018 9:29:14 PM 
I used to log onto this board and the old board three to four times a day for the better part of two decades. Now I visit three to four times a year. Came over to check out Spring game and yes thoughts on Joe Burrow.

I basically left this board because of politics, Monroe not abiding by board rules and stupid threads such as TOS to “wherever”.

I appreciate Coach Burrows contributions to this University and respect his son’s decision to accept the best offer on the table. Ohio State is a better football program and is ranked ahead of Ohio University year after year for overall academics.

Using the logic many of you express, I should have gone to Ohio State since I am from Columbus and my parents attended Ohio State and Monroe should have attended Cleveland State since he is from Greater Cleveland.

I respect Joe Burrow for accepting the most challenging opportunity and for taking the step I did by moving away from my hometown as part of the process of becoming an independent adult.
Back to Top
  
Maddog13
General User

Member Since: 12/21/2004
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Post Count: 511

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Burrow
   Posted: 4/24/2018 3:15:14 AM 
Bobcat Grad 86 wrote:
I used to log onto this board and the old board three to four times a day for the better part of two decades. Now I visit three to four times a year. Came over to check out Spring game and yes thoughts on Joe Burrow.

I basically left this board because of politics, Monroe not abiding by board rules and stupid threads such as TOS to “wherever”.

I appreciate Coach Burrows contributions to this University and respect his son’s decision to accept the best offer on the table. Ohio State is a better football program and is ranked ahead of Ohio University year after year for overall academics.

Using the logic many of you express, I should have gone to Ohio State since I am from Columbus and my parents attended Ohio State and Monroe should have attended Cleveland State since he is from Greater Cleveland.

I respect Joe Burrow for accepting the most challenging opportunity and for taking the step I did by moving away from my hometown as part of the process of becoming an independent adult.


Well, said. I would also add that the son's future in this particular case may have a direct impact on his father's future as well, and Ohio football by connection. From my perspective, it is hard to imagine that Coach Burrow does not become the head coach of Ohio once Frank finally steps down. If the NFL does not become an option for Joe, I could see him following in his father's footsteps and becoming a coach too, and what better place to hone his skills then here at Ohio University. If Joe stays loyal to Ohio State along the way, whether ever becoming the starter for them or not, would a friendly pipeline of sorts then form between Ohio and Ohio State? In other words, we might begin to get talent sent our way that does not quite fit into the Buckeyes system, but would be perfect for us and in terms of competing in the MAC. Perhaps, the Burrow family might even find a way to pull off an upset of Ohio State at some point. Were that to happen, I think that Peden Stadium would be renamed Burrow Stadium; perhaps, there would even be a move to rename Athens to Burrow, Ohio.

The point that I am making here to the "Content Police" here at Bobcatattack.com is that, like it or not, Joe Burrow very much continues to be relevant when talking about the 'Cats. It also becomes relevant due to the fact that Ohio's passing offense has not exactly been consistent, and it certainly has yet to put the fear of God into opponents. Perhaps, this thread should be changed to what will it take for Ohio to raise it's passing game to the same level as it's running game and overall defense? By the way, Urban Meyer and the Buckeyes up North are pretty good at all levels of the game of football, and a blood relative of the Bobcat coaching staff happens to be a part of all of that. That person, of course, is Athens native and coach's son: Joe Burrow.

Back to Top
  
74 Cat
General User

Member Since: 2/23/2005
Post Count: 91

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Burrow
   Posted: 4/24/2018 6:08:14 AM 
There have been some threads through the years that did not interest me. I just did not read them. Seems to me that if people are not interested in Mr Burrow the solution is simple: Don't read the thread.
Back to Top
  
Alan Swank
General User

Member Since: 12/11/2004
Location: Athens, OH
Post Count: 6,614

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Burrow
   Posted: 4/24/2018 8:36:53 AM 
L.C. wrote:
allen wrote:
Malik Zaire and Burrow have been in this thread before, lets not play to the antagonists, we recruited Burrow, his dad is defensive coordinator and he could potentially transfer to Ohio.

Obviously the Zaire threads should have been in the recruiting forum as well. I believe there were some posts at the time that pointed that out as well. 99% of the time discussion of players who might, in the future, play for Ohio takes place in the recruiting forum, for obvious reasons.

Alan Swank wrote:
The thought police give me something to chuckle about whenever I check into this thread.
...


If there were posts from the thought police, I must have missed them. I haven't seen anyone telling anyone what they should think. I've only seen two points made, both of which are valid. First, that while Burrow's career may be of interest to many, it really isn't relevant to Ohio Football, and second, that having more discussion of the OSU Spring game than of the Ohio Spring game is disrespectful to the current Ohio players.

Alan Swank wrote:
...And if the current buzz or lack thereof about OU football on this board is any indication of what the fall will be like, there will be lots of empty seats in Peden.

Exactly! So it seems you do see how disrespectful it is to the Ohio players.


Not sure how a lack of buzz is disrespectful. I think it's more a sign of the changing times and changing interests of fans and non-fans alike.
Back to Top
  
rpbobcat
General User

Member Since: 4/28/2006
Location: Rochelle Park, NJ
Post Count: 3,180

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Burrow
   Posted: 4/24/2018 3:12:05 PM 
Alan Swank wrote:

And if the current buzz or lack thereof about OU football on this board is any indication of what the fall will be like, there will be lots of empty seats in Peden

Exactly! So it seems you do see how disrespectful it is to the Ohio players.

Not sure how a lack of buzz is disrespectful. I think it's more a sign of the changing times and changing interests of fans and non-fans alike.



I don't know if a "lack of buzz" means much of anything.

If memory serves me,there's always a big drop off in football posts after the season.
It picks up a little bit during spring practice,then dies until fall camp.

Last Edited: 4/25/2018 9:15:58 AM by rpbobcat

Back to Top
  
OhioCatFan
General User



Member Since: 12/20/2004
Location: Athens, OH
Post Count: 12,187

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Burrow
   Posted: 4/24/2018 7:09:21 PM 
Bobcat Grad 86 wrote:
I used to log onto this board and the old board three to four times a day for the better part of two decades. Now I visit three to four times a year. Came over to check out Spring game and yes thoughts on Joe Burrow.

I basically left this board because of politics, Monroe not abiding by board rules and stupid threads such as TOS to “wherever”.

I appreciate Coach Burrows contributions to this University and respect his son’s decision to accept the best offer on the table. Ohio State is a better football program and is ranked ahead of Ohio University year after year for overall academics.

Using the logic many of you express, I should have gone to Ohio State since I am from Columbus and my parents attended Ohio State and Monroe should have attended Cleveland State since he is from Greater Cleveland.

I respect Joe Burrow for accepting the most challenging opportunity and for taking the step I did by moving away from my hometown as part of the process of becoming an independent adult.


Come on back, bro, we miss you! I don't care if I don't always agree with you. There lots of folks on this board I disagree with on a daily basis. And, in case you are not aware, Monroe is on indefinite time out. He won't be back until the mods say so.


"It is better to be an optimist and be proven a fool than to be a pessimist and be proven right."

Note: My avatar is the national colors of the 78th Ohio Veteran Volunteer Infantry, which are now preserved in a climate controlled vault at the Ohio History Connection. Learn more about the old 78th at: http://www.78ohio.org

Back to Top
  
gedunkman
General User



Member Since: 5/2/2018
Location: South Carolina
Post Count: 42

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Burrow
   Posted: 5/2/2018 10:57:40 PM 
OhioCatFan wrote:
Bobcat Grad 86 wrote:
I used to log onto this board and the old board three to four times a day for the better part of two decades. Now I visit three to four times a year. Came over to check out Spring game and yes thoughts on Joe Burrow.

I basically left this board because of politics, Monroe not abiding by board rules and stupid threads such as TOS to “wherever”.

I appreciate Coach Burrows contributions to this University and respect his son’s decision to accept the best offer on the table. Ohio State is a better football program and is ranked ahead of Ohio University year after year for overall academics.

Using the logic many of you express, I should have gone to Ohio State since I am from Columbus and my parents attended Ohio State and Monroe should have attended Cleveland State since he is from Greater Cleveland.

I respect Joe Burrow for accepting the most challenging opportunity and for taking the step I did by moving away from my hometown as part of the process of becoming an independent adult.


Come on back, bro, we miss you! I don't care if I don't always agree with you. There lots of folks on this board I disagree with on a daily basis. And, in case you are not aware, Monroe is on indefinite time out. He won't be back until the mods say so.


Yes, Monroe, is one of the reasons I've been a lurker not a poster for so long. I'm glad he's gone. He just said the same thing over and over. Kind of tiring, wasn't it?

Last Edited: 5/2/2018 10:59:17 PM by gedunkman

Back to Top
  
A-townBound
General User



Member Since: 3/31/2012
Location: Georgetown, KY
Post Count: 628

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Burrow
   Posted: 5/7/2018 8:53:04 AM 
Now a graduate - https://twitter.com/CoachBurrow/status/993278153111031808


Bleed Green and GO OHIO!!

Back to Top
  
rpbobcat
General User

Member Since: 4/28/2006
Location: Rochelle Park, NJ
Post Count: 3,180

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Burrow
   Posted: 5/7/2018 12:09:36 PM 
A-townBound wrote:
Now a graduate - https://twitter.com/CoachBurrow/status/993278153111031808


"On to the next challenge".

Could mean so many things.


Back to Top
  
allen
General User

Member Since: 1/24/2006
Post Count: 4,613

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Burrow
   Posted: 5/7/2018 3:34:37 PM 
rpbobcat wrote:
A-townBound wrote:
Now a graduate - https://twitter.com/CoachBurrow/status/993278153111031808


"On to the next challenge".

Could mean so many things.




Akron and Florida fans appear to be recruiting him lol.


Nobody despises to lose more than I do. That's got me into trouble over the years, but it also made a man of mediocre ability into a pretty good coach. Woody Hayes

Back to Top
  
Alan Swank
General User

Member Since: 12/11/2004
Location: Athens, OH
Post Count: 6,614

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Burrow
   Posted: 5/7/2018 3:35:36 PM 
Florida linked to potential Ohio State grad transfer QB Joe Burrow

Joe Burrow has been linked to Florida.
Hunter Martin/Getty Images
Spenser Davis
Posted 2 hours ago
Dan Mullen inherited a very talented Florida roster when he signed on to be the Gators’ next coach, but UF is missing one thing: an established quarterback.

Between Emory Jones, Kyle Trask and Feleipe Franks, Florida doesn’t have a clear answer heading into the summer. But Mullen may be pursuing a grad transfer option to fill the void while Jones takes a year to develop.

According to 247Sports’ Bill Greene, Ohio State’s Joe Burrow is considering the grad transfer route. He’s currently in a battle for the starting QB job alongside former bluechip prospects Dwayne Haskins and Tate Martell.

“I think it’s real. I think the fact that Joe is pretty forthright and honest when he’s asked about (it) — he could give the company line answer of ‘Oh, I’m staying here, this is my school’ — no, he’s not doing that,” Greene said on the Bucknuts Morning 5 podcast. “I know there’s a lot of Nebraska stuff out there between Joey, Nebraska, Scott Frost, and that could be very, very real; the school I heard yesterday, and it makes sense, is Florida.

“The Florida QB situation is not good … They don’t feel Emory Jones is ready to play right now. They’re not happy with what they were handed over there. Dan Mullen has a reputation as a quarterback guru, so there’s a lot of things there that make sense. I did hear Joe Burrow’s name come up yesterday.”

Burrow has played sparingly in his three seasons with the Buckeyes, but he has looked good when given the chance. In 10 career games, he’s completed 74 percent of his passes (29 of 39) for 287 yards, 2 touchdowns and 0 interceptions.

It’s worth noting Burrow has not officially announced his intention to become a grad transfer. If he does make that call, expect the Gators to be firmly in the mix.

Back to Top
  
Alan Swank
General User

Member Since: 12/11/2004
Location: Athens, OH
Post Count: 6,614

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Burrow
   Posted: 5/8/2018 12:22:17 PM 
Recent speculation that LSU may now be in the mix.
Back to Top
  
OUs LONG Driver
General User

Member Since: 12/20/2004
Location: Copley, OH
Post Count: 626

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Burrow
   Posted: 5/8/2018 12:26:41 PM 
Official Announcement...he's gone from OSU. Destination TBD.
Back to Top
  
Doc Bobcat
General User

Member Since: 12/20/2004
Post Count: 3,949

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Burrow
   Posted: 5/8/2018 2:07:29 PM 
I’m guessing Nebraska or Florida.
Back to Top
  
Alan Swank
General User

Member Since: 12/11/2004
Location: Athens, OH
Post Count: 6,614

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Burrow
   Posted: 5/8/2018 2:09:31 PM 
News hit Athens around noon today.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/ohio-stat... /
Back to Top
  
Showing Replies:  51 - 75  of 225 Posts
Jump to Page:  < Previous    1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9    Next >
View Other 'Ohio Football' Topics
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             







Copyright ©2022 BobcatAttack.com. All rights reserved.  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Use
Partner of USA TODAY Sports Digital Properties