Welcome Guest!
Create an Account
login email:
password:
site searchwhere to watchcontact usabout usadvertise with ushelp
Message Board

BobcatAttack.com Message Board
Ohio Football Recruiting
Topic:  2022 RB Dontierre Fisher (Checotah HS, OK) - Ohio COMMIT

Topic:  2022 RB Dontierre Fisher (Checotah HS, OK) - Ohio COMMIT
Author
Message
Doc Bobcat
General User

Member Since: 12/20/2004
Post Count: 3,947

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  2022 RB Dontierre Fisher (Checotah HS, OK) - Ohio COMMIT
   Posted: 12/6/2021 11:49:49 AM 

We needed some RB depth…..here it is.

I think Tettleton is going to be an awesome recruiter.

3 stars 5’10-195 from Oklahoma with offers from Iowa State and Nebraska.

Last Edited: 12/6/2021 11:54:17 AM by Doc Bobcat

Back to Top
  
shabamon
General User



Member Since: 11/17/2006
Location: Cincinnati
Post Count: 4,834

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2022 RB Dontierre Fisher Ohio Commit
   Posted: 12/6/2021 11:51:51 AM 
Other offers included Nebraska, Iowa State, Kansas, and Memphis.

Bang on.
Back to Top
  
Doc Bobcat
General User

Member Since: 12/20/2004
Post Count: 3,947

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2022 RB Dontierre Fisher Ohio Commit
   Posted: 12/6/2021 12:09:19 PM 
Kid has got some moves.
Back to Top
  
OhioBobcat
General User

Member Since: 1/20/2006
Post Count: 1,374

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2022 RB Dontierre Fisher Ohio Commit
   Posted: 12/6/2021 1:15:55 PM 
Another big-time commit. These last two commits are huge. Makes me chuckle that a weeks ago some people were ready to panic. There's many layers to recruiting. As you can see, Ohio is doing better than fine.
Back to Top
  
colobobcat66
General User

Member Since: 9/1/2006
Location: Watching the bobcats run outside my window., CO
Post Count: 3,647

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2022 RB Dontierre Fisher Ohio Commit
   Posted: 12/6/2021 2:50:51 PM 
OhioBobcat wrote:
Another big-time commit. These last two commits are huge. Makes me chuckle that a weeks ago some people were ready to panic. There's many layers to recruiting. As you can see, Ohio is doing better than fine.


I hope you’re right, but it’s a little early to be taking any victory laps. Sign the guys, have them show up and play, then we’ll see how it turns out.
Back to Top
  
RufusCat09
General User

Member Since: 12/14/2019
Post Count: 283

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2022 RB Dontierre Fisher Ohio Commit
   Posted: 12/6/2021 3:30:03 PM 
colobobcat66 wrote:
OhioBobcat wrote:
Another big-time commit. These last two commits are huge. Makes me chuckle that a weeks ago some people were ready to panic. There's many layers to recruiting. As you can see, Ohio is doing better than fine.


I hope you’re right, but it’s a little early to be taking any victory laps. Sign the guys, have them show up and play, then we’ll see how it turns out.


I'm happy and delightfully surprised with Harris and Fisher but we have a long way to go. I agree, let's get them signed first and see where it goes.
Back to Top
  
OhioCatFan
General User



Member Since: 12/20/2004
Location: Athens, OH
Post Count: 12,178

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2022 RB Dontierre Fisher Ohio Commit
   Posted: 12/6/2021 6:53:37 PM 
OhioBobcat wrote:
Another big-time commit. These last two commits are huge. Makes me chuckle that a weeks ago some people were ready to panic. There's many layers to recruiting. As you can see, Ohio is doing better than fine.


I was feeling a little better about our recruiting reading this thread, but that was before I saw your post above. Your record, Nostradamus, was not exactly stellar during the season. Of course, a blind squirrel finds an acorn every once in awhile. I hope this is one of those occasions. Go OHIO!


"It is better to be an optimist and be proven a fool than to be a pessimist and be proven right."

Note: My avatar is the national colors of the 78th Ohio Veteran Volunteer Infantry, which are now preserved in a climate controlled vault at the Ohio History Connection. Learn more about the old 78th at: http://www.78ohio.org

Back to Top
  
Doc Bobcat
General User

Member Since: 12/20/2004
Post Count: 3,947

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2022 RB Dontierre Fisher Ohio Commit
   Posted: 12/6/2021 7:24:32 PM 
Not to burst anyones pessimist bubble but at least one recruiting service has him as a 4 star.

It just takes a Papi or an AJ or Tuggle.

Gamebreakers.

Game changers.
Back to Top
  
Ted Thompson
Administrator



Member Since: 11/11/2004
Location: MAC Play
Post Count: 6,856

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2022 RB Dontierre Fisher Ohio Commit
   Posted: 12/15/2021 4:21:33 PM 

 


Follow Ohio Football recruiting on the BobcatAttack.com football recruiting database.

Back to Top
  
RufusCat09
General User

Member Since: 12/14/2019
Post Count: 283

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2022 RB Dontierre Fisher Ohio Commit
   Posted: 12/15/2021 6:23:48 PM 
Super excited for this kid. Between him and Bangura. The future is looking bright.
Back to Top
  
Doc Bobcat
General User

Member Since: 12/20/2004
Post Count: 3,947

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2022 RB Dontierre Fisher Ohio Commit
   Posted: 12/16/2021 2:58:19 PM 
RufusCat09 wrote:
Super excited for this kid. Between him and Bangura. The future is looking bright.


He looks like Barry Sanders.

Ok quit laughing.
Back to Top
  
RufusCat09
General User

Member Since: 12/14/2019
Post Count: 283

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2022 RB Dontierre Fisher Ohio Commit
   Posted: 6/15/2022 7:16:23 PM 
Don't get too excited, looks like he will be going the JUCO route (per twitter).

Coffeyville CC

https://twitter.com/DontierreF/status/1524064460662575105...
Back to Top
  
Cats5
General User

Member Since: 6/14/2017
Post Count: 585

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2022 RB Dontierre Fisher Ohio Commit
   Posted: 6/15/2022 9:13:45 PM 
Gotta wonder if Tyler jumping ship helped that decision
Back to Top
  
MonroeClassmate
General User

Member Since: 8/31/2010
Post Count: 1,585

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2022 RB Dontierre Fisher Ohio Commit
   Posted: 6/16/2022 7:30:25 AM 
RufusCat09 wrote:
Don't get too excited, looks like he will be going the JUCO route (per twitter).

Coffeyville CC

https://twitter.com/DontierreF/status/1524064460662575105...


Well, look at the bright side. Here's one who won't be entering the portal after his freshman Bobcat season......
Back to Top
  
CatsUp
General User

Member Since: 4/15/2019
Post Count: 567

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2022 RB Dontierre Fisher Ohio Commit
   Posted: 6/16/2022 9:14:46 AM 
Cats5 wrote:
Gotta wonder if Tyler jumping ship helped that decision


Don’t know if that’s the case but I can say what my first thought was when Tyler said he was leaving:
Well, the Fisher kid is gone.
Back to Top
  
BillyTheCat
General User

Member Since: 10/6/2012
Post Count: 8,083

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2022 RB Dontierre Fisher Ohio Commit
   Posted: 6/19/2022 10:58:47 PM 
CatsUp wrote:
Cats5 wrote:
Gotta wonder if Tyler jumping ship helped that decision


Don’t know if that’s the case but I can say what my first thought was when Tyler said he was leaving:
Well, the Fisher kid is gone.


With the transfer portal, there is only one reason a person would go JUCO. Because, the clock all starts the same; 5 years for 4.
Back to Top
  
OhioCatFan
General User



Member Since: 12/20/2004
Location: Athens, OH
Post Count: 12,178

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2022 RB Dontierre Fisher Ohio Commit
   Posted: 6/19/2022 11:07:39 PM 
BillyTheCat wrote:
CatsUp wrote:
Cats5 wrote:
Gotta wonder if Tyler jumping ship helped that decision


Don’t know if that’s the case but I can say what my first thought was when Tyler said he was leaving:
Well, the Fisher kid is gone.


With the transfer portal, there is only one reason a person would go JUCO. Because, the clock all starts the same; 5 years for 4.


Is that reason grades? Inquiring minds want to know.


"It is better to be an optimist and be proven a fool than to be a pessimist and be proven right."

Note: My avatar is the national colors of the 78th Ohio Veteran Volunteer Infantry, which are now preserved in a climate controlled vault at the Ohio History Connection. Learn more about the old 78th at: http://www.78ohio.org

Back to Top
  
MonroeClassmate
General User

Member Since: 8/31/2010
Post Count: 1,585

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2022 RB Dontierre Fisher Ohio Commit
   Posted: 6/20/2022 11:03:22 PM 
BillyTheCat wrote:
CatsUp wrote:
Cats5 wrote:
Gotta wonder if Tyler jumping ship helped that decision


Don’t know if that’s the case but I can say what my first thought was when Tyler said he was leaving:
Well, the Fisher kid is gone.


With the transfer portal, there is only one reason a person would go JUCO. Because, the clock all starts the same; 5 years for 4.


I disagree there is only one reason.

What if a player wants to be “true to his school”? Going JUCO a player is meant to transfer out with no hard feelings. The player can then pick a home and stay for 2-3 years if all goes well and no fans, friends or teammates are disappointed. The player with the time spent at JUCO can fairly access their talent level better at age 20 compared to age 17/18 and make the one time switch to their “fit” school.
Back to Top
  
colobobcat66
General User

Member Since: 9/1/2006
Location: Watching the bobcats run outside my window., CO
Post Count: 3,647

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2022 RB Dontierre Fisher Ohio Commit
   Posted: 6/21/2022 9:32:04 AM 
Did anyone actually believe that this guy picked Ohio over the P-5 schools that he had offers from if there maybe wasn’t some eligibility issues? Come on guys.

Last Edited: 6/21/2022 9:32:31 AM by colobobcat66

Back to Top
  
BillyTheCat
General User

Member Since: 10/6/2012
Post Count: 8,083

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2022 RB Dontierre Fisher Ohio Commit
   Posted: 6/22/2022 7:46:23 AM 
colobobcat66 wrote:
Did anyone actually believe that this guy picked Ohio over the P-5 schools that he had offers from if there maybe wasn’t some eligibility issues? Come on guys.


BOOM!!!!
Back to Top
  
BillyTheCat
General User

Member Since: 10/6/2012
Post Count: 8,083

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2022 RB Dontierre Fisher Ohio Commit
   Posted: 6/22/2022 7:47:47 AM 
MonroeClassmate wrote:
BillyTheCat wrote:
CatsUp wrote:
Cats5 wrote:
Gotta wonder if Tyler jumping ship helped that decision


Don’t know if that’s the case but I can say what my first thought was when Tyler said he was leaving:
Well, the Fisher kid is gone.


With the transfer portal, there is only one reason a person would go JUCO. Because, the clock all starts the same; 5 years for 4.


I disagree there is only one reason.

What if a player wants to be “true to his school”? Going JUCO a player is meant to transfer out with no hard feelings. The player can then pick a home and stay for 2-3 years if all goes well and no fans, friends or teammates are disappointed. The player with the time spent at JUCO can fairly access their talent level better at age 20 compared to age 17/18 and make the one time switch to their “fit” school.


"Be true to his school"? The young man wasn't even enrolled, and in today's world of college athletics, athletes are true to what they see as their best interest. There is only one reason he went JUCO.
Back to Top
  
Showing Replies:  1 - 21  of 21 Posts
Jump to Page:  1
View Other 'Ohio Football Recruiting' Topics
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             







Copyright ©2022 BobcatAttack.com. All rights reserved.  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Use
Partner of USA TODAY Sports Digital Properties