Welcome Guest!
Create an Account
login email:
password:
site searchwhere to watchcontact usabout usadvertise with ushelp
Message Board

BobcatAttack.com Message Board
Ohio Baseball
Topic:  Bobcats Picked 5th

Topic:  Bobcats Picked 5th
Author
Message
Cellis033
General User



Member Since: 11/11/2021
Location: Powell, OH
Post Count: 1,570

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  Bobcats Picked 5th
   Posted: 2/13/2024 11:41:42 PM 
We were picked to finish 5th in conference behind Kan't, Balls, Central, and Western.

Seems reasonable but I believe we are slightly above Western in terms of depth. Added transfer pitching will help, and I'm looking forward to get back in Wren this year.


Chase
OU Engineering Technology and Management '24
Honda of America Engineer

Muck Fiami
Kant read, Kant write
Bowling Green Normie School

Back to Top
  
spongeBOB CATpants
General User



Member Since: 8/16/2016
Post Count: 959

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Bobcats Picked 5th
   Posted: 2/16/2024 3:56:45 PM 
Tough to argue against it, college baseball might be the toughest sport to predict because there is so much turnover year to year. I'd rather be ranked lower than towards the top, this program seems to thrive on being the underdog and I suspect Coach Moore will have these boys ready to go come conference play.

Currently up 13-7 on Lipscomb in the 9th. Would be a very solid win to start the year off.
Back to Top
  
Cellis033
General User



Member Since: 11/11/2021
Location: Powell, OH
Post Count: 1,570

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Bobcats Picked 5th
   Posted: 2/18/2024 12:20:20 AM 
spongeBOB CATpants wrote:
Tough to argue against it, college baseball might be the toughest sport to predict because there is so much turnover year to year. I'd rather be ranked lower than towards the top, this program seems to thrive on being the underdog and I suspect Coach Moore will have these boys ready to go come conference play.

Currently up 13-7 on Lipscomb in the 9th. Would be a very solid win to start the year off.


They won again against Lipcomb today 8-2 to get their record to 2-0. Taylor Gill off to a hot start for us! My guy Rausch homered in the 5th. Super solid start!!


Chase
OU Engineering Technology and Management '24
Honda of America Engineer

Muck Fiami
Kant read, Kant write
Bowling Green Normie School

Back to Top
  
spongeBOB CATpants
General User



Member Since: 8/16/2016
Post Count: 959

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Bobcats Picked 5th
   Posted: 2/20/2024 1:27:02 PM 
Took 2 of 3 at Lipscomb but that's not the most impressive takeaway from this series. Zero (0) errors on the weekend is absolutely fantastic. I'm sure the coaching staff was very pleased with that stat.

The offense came out and hit the ground running, tough to predict how the rest of the season will go but let's hope this is a sign of good things to come.

On the mound, gave up 16 walks in 3 games. That number needs to come down but something to build on for the first weekend of the season.
Back to Top
  
greencat
General User



Member Since: 3/12/2005
Post Count: 2,134

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Bobcats Picked 5th
   Posted: 2/22/2024 8:27:24 PM 
I couldn't find anything about baseball tickets on the official site.

What the deal?
Back to Top
  
Andrew Ruck
General User



Member Since: 12/22/2004
Location: Columbus, OH
Post Count: 4,764

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Bobcats Picked 5th
   Posted: 2/25/2024 8:40:20 PM 
Swept @ Campbell. Oof. Last 2 were very close, walked off today. Pitching not good, 30 runs in the 3 games. All 3 starters struggled.

Rausch & Antle are hitting like absolute animals.


Andrew Ruck
B.B.A. 2003

Back to Top
  
FisherCat
General User

Member Since: 12/4/2023
Post Count: 11

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Bobcats Picked 5th
   Posted: 3/1/2024 10:31:12 AM 
greencat wrote:
I couldn't find anything about baseball tickets on the official site.

What the deal?


Came here for the same problem. I did some looking around, from this weeks paw prints ( https://ohiobobcats.com/news/2024/2/26/baseball-paw-print... ) admission is free for the games.
Back to Top
  
spongeBOB CATpants
General User



Member Since: 8/16/2016
Post Count: 959

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Bobcats Picked 5th
   Posted: 3/2/2024 10:48:39 AM 
Andrew Ruck wrote:
Swept @ Campbell. Oof. Last 2 were very close, walked off today. Pitching not good, 30 runs in the 3 games. All 3 starters struggled.

Rausch & Antle are hitting like absolute animals.


Not a good weekend, no doubt about it. I guess the takeaway is that Campbell is a damn good program and will not be surprised to see them back in the NCAA tournament and possibly win a regional.
Back to Top
  
Cellis033
General User



Member Since: 11/11/2021
Location: Powell, OH
Post Count: 1,570

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Bobcats Picked 5th
   Posted: 3/3/2024 7:51:54 PM 
spongeBOB CATpants wrote:
Andrew Ruck wrote:
Swept @ Campbell. Oof. Last 2 were very close, walked off today. Pitching not good, 30 runs in the 3 games. All 3 starters struggled.

Rausch & Antle are hitting like absolute animals.


Not a good weekend, no doubt about it. I guess the takeaway is that Campbell is a damn good program and will not be surprised to see them back in the NCAA tournament and possibly win a regional.


The struggles continue losing the series to UIC 1-2 this weekend in Athens.


Chase
OU Engineering Technology and Management '24
Honda of America Engineer

Muck Fiami
Kant read, Kant write
Bowling Green Normie School

Back to Top
  
Andrew Ruck
General User



Member Since: 12/22/2004
Location: Columbus, OH
Post Count: 4,764

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Bobcats Picked 5th
   Posted: 3/4/2024 8:47:20 AM 
3-6 but have been competing for the most part, haven't been getting stomped. Total score for the season down 61-53. Considering all 3 opponents are formidable that is neither upsetting nor exciting.

Now the important stuff starts with NIU this weekend. We need to start with a sweep...we are at home and these guys are not good.


Andrew Ruck
B.B.A. 2003

Back to Top
  
BillyTheCat
General User

Member Since: 10/6/2012
Post Count: 9,613

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Bobcats Picked 5th
   Posted: 3/4/2024 4:43:36 PM 
FisherCat wrote:
greencat wrote:
I couldn't find anything about baseball tickets on the official site.

What the deal?


Came here for the same problem. I did some looking around, from this weeks paw prints ( https://ohiobobcats.com/news/2024/2/26/baseball-paw-print... ) admission is free for the games.


Looks like it was this weekend only thing, as the department didnít have the staff to handle all of their events this past weekend.
Back to Top
  
Andrew Ruck
General User



Member Since: 12/22/2004
Location: Columbus, OH
Post Count: 4,764

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Bobcats Picked 5th
   Posted: 3/6/2024 7:56:17 AM 
Classic mid-week college game as the Bobcats survive Youngstown St 21-19. The 3rd inning alone saw each team score 10 runs. Ohio gave up 3 in the 9th and YSU had the tying run up when it finally ended.

Gideon Antle had 8 RBI. EIGHT. He must have had some kind of explosive epiphany with his swing to go from an .856 OPS last season to a 1.575 OPS this season. 1575! He has only walked once but also only struck out once and he currently has a 10 game hitting streak.


Andrew Ruck
B.B.A. 2003

Back to Top
  
BillyTheCat
General User

Member Since: 10/6/2012
Post Count: 9,613

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Bobcats Picked 5th
   Posted: 3/7/2024 4:53:03 PM 
Andrew Ruck wrote:
Classic mid-week college game as the Bobcats survive Youngstown St 21-19. The 3rd inning alone saw each team score 10 runs. Ohio gave up 3 in the 9th and YSU had the tying run up when it finally ended.

Gideon Antle had 8 RBI. EIGHT. He must have had some kind of explosive epiphany with his swing to go from an .856 OPS last season to a 1.575 OPS this season. 1575! He has only walked once but also only struck out once and he currently has a 10 game hitting streak.


Iím still trying to figure out how you have 40 runs in a game and only like 23 hits. Thatís just horseshit baseball all the way around. That being said, at least glad we won this shit show.
Back to Top
  
bobcatsquared
General User

Member Since: 12/20/2004
Post Count: 5,078

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Bobcats Picked 5th
   Posted: 3/7/2024 7:21:17 PM 
BillyTheCat wrote:
Iím still trying to figure out how you have 40 runs in a game and only like 23 hits. Thatís just horseshit baseball all the way around. That being said, at least glad we won this shit show.


How is this any different than what BA posters post after basketball games? The same ones whose Ohio fandom you question.

Not that I disagree with your assessment of a baseball game with 17 more runs than hits.
Back to Top
  
BillyTheCat
General User

Member Since: 10/6/2012
Post Count: 9,613

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Bobcats Picked 5th
   Posted: 3/7/2024 8:22:57 PM 
bobcatsquared wrote:
BillyTheCat wrote:
Iím still trying to figure out how you have 40 runs in a game and only like 23 hits. Thatís just horseshit baseball all the way around. That being said, at least glad we won this shit show.


How is this any different than what BA posters post after basketball games? The same ones whose Ohio fandom you question.

Not that I disagree with your assessment of a baseball game with 17 more runs than hits.


I'm glad we won! Most on the basketball side, never seem happy we win!!! And, I've been trying to find out how long this game lasted, what do you think? 5 hours? Also, I have not called out any player, or players. Just that, a game with 17 more runs than hits does not appeal to my senses of fun and entertainment.
Back to Top
  
Andrew Ruck
General User



Member Since: 12/22/2004
Location: Columbus, OH
Post Count: 4,764

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Bobcats Picked 5th
   Posted: 3/8/2024 7:55:00 AM 
Yes, YSU walked 17 batters and hit 5. 22 free passes. Startling. Ohio "only" issued 10 free passes.

Mid-week baseball with bottom of the barrel pitching in a sport that really lacks pitching depth at the collegiate level right now.


Andrew Ruck
B.B.A. 2003

Back to Top
  
BillyTheCat
General User

Member Since: 10/6/2012
Post Count: 9,613

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Bobcats Picked 5th
   Posted: 3/10/2024 4:12:51 PM 
Andrew Ruck wrote:
Yes, YSU walked 17 batters and hit 5. 22 free passes. Startling. Ohio "only" issued 10 free passes.

Mid-week baseball with bottom of the barrel pitching in a sport that really lacks pitching depth at the collegiate level right now.


WOW!!!!
Back to Top
  
Showing Replies:  1 - 17  of 17 Posts
Jump to Page:  1
View Other 'Ohio Baseball' Topics
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             







Copyright ©2024 BobcatAttack.com. All rights reserved.  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Use
Partner of USA TODAY Sports Digital Properties