Welcome Guest!
Create an Account
login email:
password:
site searchwhere to watchcontact usabout usadvertise with ushelp
Message Board

BobcatAttack.com Message Board
Ohio Football
Topic:  The World Famous Ohio State Buckeyes ?

Topic:  The World Famous Ohio State Buckeyes ?
Author
Message
rpbobcat
General User

Member Since: 4/28/2006
Location: Rochelle Park, NJ
Post Count: 3,088

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  The World Famous Ohio State Buckeyes ?
   Posted: 12/6/2021 6:43:14 AM 
During the OSU-Michigan game the announcers made reference to the "world famous Ohio State Buckeyes".

They did the same thing during the B1G Championship game on Saturday.

When I googled it, all I could find was a tee shirt.

Anyone out there from Ohio know what it means ?

Last Edited: 12/6/2021 6:46:01 AM by rpbobcat

Back to Top
  
giacomo
General User

Member Since: 11/20/2007
Post Count: 2,045

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: The World Famous Ohio State Buckeyes ?
   Posted: 12/6/2021 9:40:09 AM 
How fabulous that Cincinnati and Michigan are in the playoffs while OSU is on the outside looking in!

There is no joy in Mudville(Columbus) mighty Casey(OSU) has struck out.
Back to Top
  
Doc Bobcat
General User

Member Since: 12/20/2004
Post Count: 3,884

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: The World Famous Ohio State Buckeyes ?
   Posted: 12/6/2021 9:49:55 AM 
And a 4 Star and a 5 star OSU QB have entered the transfer portal.
Back to Top
  
BillyTheCat
General User

Member Since: 10/6/2012
Post Count: 7,626

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: The World Famous Ohio State Buckeyes ?
   Posted: 12/6/2021 10:30:32 AM 
Doc Bobcat wrote:
And a 4 Star and a 5 star OSU QB have entered the transfer portal.


Yeah, because the current starter and Heisman finalist has to stay in Columbus 2 more years. And there will be no QB competition for that job.
Back to Top
  
Pataskala
General User

Member Since: 7/8/2010
Location: At least six feet away from anybody else
Post Count: 8,352

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: The World Famous Ohio State Buckeyes ?
   Posted: 12/6/2021 10:42:34 AM 
rpbobcat wrote:
During the OSU-Michigan game the announcers made reference to the "world famous Ohio State Buckeyes".

They did the same thing during the B1G Championship game on Saturday.

When I googled it, all I could find was a tee shirt.

Anyone out there from Ohio know what it means ?


Probably somebody being sarcastic. Or maybe delusional, since it was Fox. Maybe it's because Dom Tiberi on Channel 10 shows all those pictures of people on vacation at various spots around the world doing the "O-H-I-O" pose.


We will get by.
We will get by.
We will get by.
We will survive.

Back to Top
  
OhioCatFan
General User



Member Since: 12/20/2004
Location: Athens, OH
Post Count: 11,760

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: The World Famous Ohio State Buckeyes ?
   Posted: 12/6/2021 10:49:15 AM 
BillyTheCat wrote:
Doc Bobcat wrote:
And a 4 Star and a 5 star OSU QB have entered the transfer portal.


Yeah, because the current starter and Heisman finalist has to stay in Columbus 2 more years. And there will be no QB competition for that job.


Still, the OSU MO has been to stack 'em six-deep at every position, but with the easy transfer portal now this may be a thing of the past.

[Hyperbole alert, for those who need it: "six-deep" is an exaggeration to help make the point.]

Last Edited: 12/6/2021 10:50:18 AM by OhioCatFan


"It is better to be an optimist and be proven a fool than to be a pessimist and be proven right."

Note: My avatar is the national colors of the 78th Ohio Veteran Volunteer Infantry, which are now preserved in a climate controlled vault at the Ohio History Connection. Learn more about the old 78th at: http://www.78ohio.org

Back to Top
  
rpbobcat
General User

Member Since: 4/28/2006
Location: Rochelle Park, NJ
Post Count: 3,088

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: The World Famous Ohio State Buckeyes ?
   Posted: 12/6/2021 10:53:08 AM 
Pataskala wrote:
rpbobcat wrote:
During the OSU-Michigan game the announcers made reference to the "world famous Ohio State Buckeyes".

They did the same thing during the B1G Championship game on Saturday.

When I googled it, all I could find was a tee shirt.

Anyone out there from Ohio know what it means ?


Probably somebody being sarcastic. Or maybe delusional, since it was Fox. Maybe it's because Dom Tiberi on Channel 10 shows all those pictures of people on vacation at various spots around the world doing the "O-H-I-O" pose.


Thing is, there is a "world famous Ohio state buckeyes" retro tee shirt on "homage.com, so it had to come from somewhere.
Back to Top
  
OhioCatFan
General User



Member Since: 12/20/2004
Location: Athens, OH
Post Count: 11,760

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: The World Famous Ohio State Buckeyes ?
   Posted: 12/6/2021 10:57:01 AM 
rpbobcat wrote:
Pataskala wrote:
rpbobcat wrote:
During the OSU-Michigan game the announcers made reference to the "world famous Ohio State Buckeyes".

They did the same thing during the B1G Championship game on Saturday.

When I googled it, all I could find was a tee shirt.

Anyone out there from Ohio know what it means ?


Probably somebody being sarcastic. Or maybe delusional, since it was Fox. Maybe it's because Dom Tiberi on Channel 10 shows all those pictures of people on vacation at various spots around the world doing the "O-H-I-O" pose.


Thing is, there is a "world famous Ohio state buckeyes" retro tee shirt on "homage.com, so it had to come from somewhere.


I thought that this was referring to the Buckeye candies sold by Anthony Thomas!


"It is better to be an optimist and be proven a fool than to be a pessimist and be proven right."

Note: My avatar is the national colors of the 78th Ohio Veteran Volunteer Infantry, which are now preserved in a climate controlled vault at the Ohio History Connection. Learn more about the old 78th at: http://www.78ohio.org

Back to Top
  
Pataskala
General User

Member Since: 7/8/2010
Location: At least six feet away from anybody else
Post Count: 8,352

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: The World Famous Ohio State Buckeyes ?
   Posted: 12/6/2021 1:14:01 PM 
OhioCatFan wrote:
rpbobcat wrote:
Pataskala wrote:
rpbobcat wrote:
During the OSU-Michigan game the announcers made reference to the "world famous Ohio State Buckeyes".

They did the same thing during the B1G Championship game on Saturday.

When I googled it, all I could find was a tee shirt.

Anyone out there from Ohio know what it means ?


Probably somebody being sarcastic. Or maybe delusional, since it was Fox. Maybe it's because Dom Tiberi on Channel 10 shows all those pictures of people on vacation at various spots around the world doing the "O-H-I-O" pose.


Thing is, there is a "world famous Ohio state buckeyes" retro tee shirt on "homage.com, so it had to come from somewhere.


I thought that this was referring to the Buckeye candies sold by Anthony Thomas!


Maybe someone at homsge.com is delusional. They don't necessarily bring back old logos, etc. Instead they create their own tribute stuff. Here's their description: "Howard 'Hopalong' Cassidy.Archie Griffin.Chris Spielman.Orlando Pace.Eddie George. Ohio Stateís legacy of fleet-footed, world famous athletes is among the finest in the history of college football. Pay Homage to the gamebreakers of the past (and the future!) in this super-soft tee." Sounds like something they made up while tripped out on toad venom.

As for the candy, Anthony Thomas has one of the dumbest slogans ever: "Our chocolates are so good, we eat all we can and only sell what's left." So they just sell leftovers?

Last Edited: 12/6/2021 1:15:02 PM by Pataskala


We will get by.
We will get by.
We will get by.
We will survive.

Back to Top
  
L.C.
General User

Member Since: 8/31/2005
Location: United States
Post Count: 9,389

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: The World Famous Ohio State Buckeyes ?
   Posted: 12/6/2021 6:38:51 PM 
Are they as famous as the Famous Idaho Potato Bowl?


ďWe have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak.Ē ― Epictetus

Back to Top
  
CatsUp
General User

Member Since: 4/15/2019
Post Count: 476

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: The World Famous Ohio State Buckeyes ?
   Posted: 12/6/2021 9:12:38 PM 
L.C. wrote:
Are they as famous as the Famous Idaho Potato Bowl?


Absolutely not. The Famous Idaho Potato Bowl has no worldly limitations.
Back to Top
  
OhioCatFan
General User



Member Since: 12/20/2004
Location: Athens, OH
Post Count: 11,760

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: The World Famous Ohio State Buckeyes ?
   Posted: 12/7/2021 12:23:03 AM 
CatsUp wrote:
L.C. wrote:
Are they as famous as the Famous Idaho Potato Bowl?


Absolutely not. The Famous Idaho Potato Bowl has no worldly limitations.


Did you mean "limitations" or "imitations"? Or, maybe both! ;-)


"It is better to be an optimist and be proven a fool than to be a pessimist and be proven right."

Note: My avatar is the national colors of the 78th Ohio Veteran Volunteer Infantry, which are now preserved in a climate controlled vault at the Ohio History Connection. Learn more about the old 78th at: http://www.78ohio.org

Back to Top
  
Cats 82
General User

Member Since: 1/9/2005
Post Count: 21

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: The World Famous Ohio State Buckeyes ?
   Posted: 12/7/2021 8:51:28 AM 
Itís announcer Gus Johnsonís shtick.
Back to Top
  
OhioCatFan
General User



Member Since: 12/20/2004
Location: Athens, OH
Post Count: 11,760

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: The World Famous Ohio State Buckeyes ?
   Posted: 12/7/2021 11:22:10 AM 
Cats 82 wrote:
Itís announcer Gus Johnsonís shtick.


When I tune in a game and Johnson is the announcer, I tend to rely heavily on the mute button. Another one who gets that treatment from me is Herbstreit. They both annoy me for different reasons.

Gus with his staccato and meladramatic delivery gets on my nerves. I think he thinks that the dramatic pauses between words adds extra excitment to his voice and the overall prsentation. To me it just sounds like false puffery.

Kirk with his know-it-all attitude and breakdown of every play, including taking names and mumbers is a little over the top for me. It has something to do with style. There some announcers, usually ex-coaches, who do the same kind of analysis but in a lower-key way and more judiciously that I like.


"It is better to be an optimist and be proven a fool than to be a pessimist and be proven right."

Note: My avatar is the national colors of the 78th Ohio Veteran Volunteer Infantry, which are now preserved in a climate controlled vault at the Ohio History Connection. Learn more about the old 78th at: http://www.78ohio.org

Back to Top
  
MonroeClassmate
General User

Member Since: 8/31/2010
Post Count: 1,467

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: The World Famous Ohio State Buckeyes ?
   Posted: 12/9/2021 8:06:51 PM 
BillyTheCat wrote:
Doc Bobcat wrote:
And a 4 Star and a 5 star OSU QB have entered the transfer portal.


Yeah, because the current starter and Heisman finalist has to stay in Columbus 2 more years. And there will be no QB competition for that job.


You sure it isn't because Coach Day is headed to Da Bears and they wanted to pick their new head coach instead of having one picked for them?

Why does the current starter have to stay two years, isn't he allowed to Joe Burrow and go to a team that designs the offense around him?

Back to Top
  
BillyTheCat
General User

Member Since: 10/6/2012
Post Count: 7,626

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: The World Famous Ohio State Buckeyes ?
   Posted: 12/9/2021 8:10:29 PM 
MonroeClassmate wrote:
BillyTheCat wrote:
Doc Bobcat wrote:
And a 4 Star and a 5 star OSU QB have entered the transfer portal.


Yeah, because the current starter and Heisman finalist has to stay in Columbus 2 more years. And there will be no QB competition for that job.


You sure it isn't because Coach Day is headed to Da Bears and they wanted to pick their new head coach instead of having one picked for them?

Why does the current starter have to stay two years, isn't he allowed to Joe Burrow and go to a team that designs the offense around him?



Day hasnít went anywhere yet. And Stroud can go anywhere he wants, just not the NFL for two more years. And itís pretty safe to say that there will not be any competition for playing time until heís gone.
Back to Top
  
bobcatsquared
General User

Member Since: 12/20/2004
Post Count: 3,666

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: The World Famous Ohio State Buckeyes ?
   Posted: 12/9/2021 10:36:23 PM 
BTC, I agree on all points. . . except Stroud has one more year before he's draft eligible.
Back to Top
  
BillyTheCat
General User

Member Since: 10/6/2012
Post Count: 7,626

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: The World Famous Ohio State Buckeyes ?
   Posted: 12/10/2021 10:13:09 AM 
bobcatsquared wrote:
BTC, I agree on all points. . . except Stroud has one more year before he's draft eligible.


I thought he was a true freshman? Oh well, as you know, still the same. The kid who was making a 100k+ in NIL money needs to play. Few at that level have desire to wait their turn or opportunity anymore.
Back to Top
  
AZBobcat
General User

Member Since: 9/7/2005
Location: Gilbert, AZ
Post Count: 60

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: The World Famous Ohio State Buckeyes ?
   Posted: 12/10/2021 10:57:04 AM 
Gus Johnson is a good example of a guy getting attention for something organic, then turning it into schtick. It was hilarious when Fox tried to make him their lead soccer announcer.
Back to Top
  
Kazoo_Tom
General User

Member Since: 12/22/2021
Post Count: 1

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: The World Famous Ohio State Buckeyes ?
   Posted: 12/22/2021 10:46:05 PM 
Let me explain:
You are driving down Highway 47 and pull into Chuck's Diner. They hand you a laminated menu describing their hot dogs, chili, and meatloaf. At the bottom of their menu where they list their side dishes is a line for their "world famous" cole slaw. THAT is what they mean by "world famous" Ohio State University!
Back to Top
  
Showing Replies:  1 - 20  of 20 Posts
Jump to Page:  1
View Other 'Ohio Football' Topics
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             




Copyright ©2022 BobcatAttack.com. All rights reserved.  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Use
Partner of USA TODAY Sports Digital Properties