General User

Member Since: 9/14/2007

Message Not Read  RE: Looks like we're going to have a new QB1 this year
   Posted: 5/9/2022 4:21:26 PM 
A-townBound wrote:
OhioBobcat wrote:
SBH wrote:
Parker Navarro.

Anyone who has high hopes that this is the new QB1 at Ohio, I wouldn't bank on that. I was told first hand from a staff member that this was a depth move. That's not to say he won't play, he could, but more in the role of what they did with Armani last year with running packages.

Please no more of this swapping QBs in and out on passing vs. running plays ...

Thank goodness we have a quarterback to put in the game for when our existing quarterback starts to build-up too much momentum.
We might mess around and win a game or two.

URBAN BOBCAT

SBH
General User

Member Since: 12/20/2004

Posted: 5/9/2022 5:39:40 PM 
L.C. wrote:
OhioBobcat wrote:
.. [CJ is] likely going to be behind these two for several years because they are both underclassmen. But Rourke is still QB1. ....

Armani was a starter at his prior school, not so Navarro. It's reasonable to guess that Rourke will be ahead of CJ because he has been in the past, but CJ probably has as much pt at the college level as Navarro, and he's familiar with the Ohio offense.

No way this young man transferred into a situation where he would be #3. Promises were made, whether staff members are willing to admit it or not.

Last Edited: 5/9/2022 5:40:25 PM by SBH

BillyTheCat
General User

Member Since: 10/6/2012

Posted: 5/10/2022 9:52:30 AM 
SBH wrote:
L.C. wrote:
OhioBobcat wrote:
.. [CJ is] likely going to be behind these two for several years because they are both underclassmen. But Rourke is still QB1. ....

Armani was a starter at his prior school, not so Navarro. It's reasonable to guess that Rourke will be ahead of CJ because he has been in the past, but CJ probably has as much pt at the college level as Navarro, and he's familiar with the Ohio offense.

No way this young man transferred into a situation where he would be #3. Promises were made, whether staff members are willing to admit it or not.

You think maybe he landed a big NIL that has not been released yet? Maybe tied to the renaming of Peden and the Convo?

OhioCatFan
General User

Posted: 5/10/2022 11:05:48 AM 
BillyTheCat wrote:
SBH wrote:
L.C. wrote:
OhioBobcat wrote:

You think maybe he landed a big NIL that has not been released yet? Maybe tied to the renaming of Peden and the Convo?

Yeah, I hear it was with the Sunday Creek Coal Company.

"It is better to be an optimist and be proven a fool than to be a pessimist and be proven right."

Note: My avatar is the national colors of the 78th Ohio Veteran Volunteer Infantry, which are now preserved in a climate controlled vault at the Ohio History Connection. Learn more about the old 78th at: http://www.78ohio.org

M.D.W.S.T
General User

Member Since: 12/23/2021

Posted: 5/10/2022 11:47:20 AM 
Urban Bobcat wrote:
A-townBound wrote:
OhioBobcat wrote:
SBH wrote:
Parker Navarro.

Anyone who has high hopes that this is the new QB1 at Ohio, I wouldn't bank on that. I was told first hand from a staff member that this was a depth move. That's not to say he won't play, he could, but more in the role of what they did with Armani last year with running packages.

Thank goodness we have a quarterback to put in the game for when our existing quarterback starts to build-up too much momentum.

My least favorite way to run an offense. Take out throwing QB. In comes running QB. Surprise... we run.

It's like watching the Browns last season.

Baker running empty sets while Chubb and Hunt watch... defense drops 48 people into defense... surprise... turnover/short dump/throw away/sack. Chubb back into the game... defense crowds the line.

OUcats82
General User

Member Since: 1/9/2005

Posted: 5/10/2022 12:49:28 PM 
Hope to be pleasantly surprised by his play but my expectations are low for now.

Ohio-The State University

Pataskala
General User

Member Since: 7/8/2010

Posted: 5/10/2022 1:02:13 PM 
M.D.W.S.T wrote:
Urban Bobcat wrote:
A-townBound wrote:
OhioBobcat wrote:
SBH wrote:
Parker Navarro.

My least favorite way to run an offense. Take out throwing QB. In comes running QB. Surprise... we run.

It's like watching the Browns last season.

Baker running empty sets while Chubb and Hunt watch... defense drops 48 people into defense... surprise... turnover/short dump/throw away/sack. Chubb back into the game... defense crowds the line.

I'm surprised we don't just run the Wildcat instead of switching QBs. The Wildcat works because teams don't always recognize that a RB is behind center.

We will get by.
We will get by.
We will get by.
We will survive.

Doc Bobcat
General User

Posted: 5/13/2022 5:44:07 PM 
Navarro is a better passer than Armani.

Running of course not, but Navarro will score running TDS.

Adding the OSU transfer WR makes me feel better about the passing game.

AZBobcat
General User

Member Since: 9/7/2005

Posted: 5/14/2022 5:14:30 AM 
A-townBound wrote:

But if they don't do that, how will the defense know exactly what's coming?

Showing Replies:  26 - 34  of 34 Posts
Jump to Page:  < Previous    1 | 2
View Other 'Ohio Football' Topics

Copyright ©2022 BobcatAttack.com. All rights reserved.  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Use
Partner of USA TODAY Sports Digital Properties