Welcome Guest!
Create an Account
login email:
password:
site searchwhere to watchcontact usabout usadvertise with ushelp
Message Board

BobcatAttack.com Message Board
Ohio Football
Topic:  RE: Has the new field been installed?

Topic:  RE: Has the new field been installed?
Author
Message
Kinggeorge4
General User



Member Since: 12/22/2004
Location: Guysville, OH
Post Count: 863

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Has the new field been installed?
   Posted: 7/13/2022 12:09:19 PM 
Didn't poke around too long on my lunch looking. Will check again later. Thanks for the info!


GO BOBCATS
GEORGE

Back to Top
  
Alan Swank
General User

Member Since: 12/11/2004
Location: Athens, OH
Post Count: 6,630

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Has the new field been installed?
   Posted: 7/13/2022 1:04:13 PM 
Kinggeorge4 wrote:
I took some photos too. I saw a big group of rolls covered in a white plastic off to the side of the one end zone. Maybe they are getting to put in the turf?





The white "bags" are the crumb rubber infill. They've been there for over a month. The shrink wrapped stuff on pallets along both sidelines is the padding. The label says ProPlay-Sport20D. It comes from Schmitz Foam Products in Michigan. Each tile is 7.38 feet by 2.95 feet. Figured RP would want the specs. :)

Back to Top
  
rpbobcat
General User

Member Since: 4/28/2006
Location: Rochelle Park, NJ
Post Count: 3,215

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Has the new field been installed?
   Posted: 7/13/2022 3:32:28 PM 
Alan Swank wrote:


The shrink wrapped stuff on pallets along both sidelines is the padding. The label says ProPlay-Sport20D. It comes from Schmitz Foam Products in Michigan. Each tile is 7.38 feet by 2.95 feet. Figured RP would want the specs. :)



I've used "shock pads" for playgrounds, so I have heard of the company.

What's amazing is how well they drain.

We can even "glue" the pad to a hard surface like concrete or black top and
water will drain, without affecting "adhesion".

Back to Top
  
ytownbobcat
General User

Member Since: 8/7/2006
Post Count: 1,202

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Has the new field been installed?
   Posted: 7/13/2022 4:34:23 PM 
Alan Swank wrote:
Kinggeorge4 wrote:
I took some photos too. I saw a big group of rolls covered in a white plastic off to the side of the one end zone. Maybe they are getting to put in the turf?





The white "bags" are the crumb rubber infill. They've been there for over a month. The shrink wrapped stuff on pallets along both sidelines is the padding. The label says ProPlay-Sport20D. It comes from Schmitz Foam Products in Michigan. Each tile is 7.38 feet by 2.95 feet. Figured RP would want the specs. :)



Good job inspector. Did you get the license number of the trucks that delivered this material?
Back to Top
  
Alan Swank
General User

Member Since: 12/11/2004
Location: Athens, OH
Post Count: 6,630

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Has the new field been installed?
   Posted: 7/13/2022 9:29:39 PM 
ytownbobcat wrote:
Alan Swank wrote:
Kinggeorge4 wrote:
I took some photos too. I saw a big group of rolls covered in a white plastic off to the side of the one end zone. Maybe they are getting to put in the turf?





The white "bags" are the crumb rubber infill. They've been there for over a month. The shrink wrapped stuff on pallets along both sidelines is the padding. The label says ProPlay-Sport20D. It comes from Schmitz Foam Products in Michigan. Each tile is 7.38 feet by 2.95 feet. Figured RP would want the specs. :)



Good job inspector. Did you get the license number of the trucks that delivered this material?


Nope. As I mentioned I've been doing some work/research with a new company in the market and was simply checking out what a major competitor is doing.

Back to Top
  
BillyTheCat
General User

Member Since: 10/6/2012
Post Count: 8,139

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Has the new field been installed?
   Posted: 7/13/2022 10:18:27 PM 
Looks Grey like Eastern Michigans and Marietta. Wish they would get the logo in, looks kind of plain right now.
Back to Top
  
Alan Swank
General User

Member Since: 12/11/2004
Location: Athens, OH
Post Count: 6,630

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Has the new field been installed?
   Posted: 7/14/2022 10:57:30 AM 
BillyTheCat wrote:
Looks Grey like Eastern Michigans and Marietta. Wish they would get the logo in, looks kind of plain right now.


According to my latest investigation, the plan is to pass our small boxes of Crayola crayons to the first 25,000 fans on opening day who will get to color the field and the logo at halftime. Word is the 110 will be playing Chicago's Color My World.

Back to Top
  
rpbobcat
General User

Member Since: 4/28/2006
Location: Rochelle Park, NJ
Post Count: 3,215

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Has the new field been installed?
   Posted: 7/14/2022 12:00:52 PM 
Alan Swank wrote:
BillyTheCat wrote:
Looks Grey like Eastern Michigans and Marietta. Wish they would get the logo in, looks kind of plain right now.


According to my latest investigation, the plan is to pass our small boxes of Crayola crayons to the first 25,000 fans on opening day who will get to color the field and the logo at halftime. Word is the 110 will be playing Chicago's Color My World.



Great idea.

But why a "small" box of crayons ?

Think of the variety if everyone got the 64 or 120 crayon box.

Could even let the fans come up with the logo.

Maybe we'll find the next LeRoy Neiman .

Back to Top
  
Alan Swank
General User

Member Since: 12/11/2004
Location: Athens, OH
Post Count: 6,630

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Has the new field been installed?
   Posted: 7/14/2022 12:39:59 PM 
rpbobcat wrote:
Alan Swank wrote:
BillyTheCat wrote:
Looks Grey like Eastern Michigans and Marietta. Wish they would get the logo in, looks kind of plain right now.


According to my latest investigation, the plan is to pass our small boxes of Crayola crayons to the first 25,000 fans on opening day who will get to color the field and the logo at halftime. Word is the 110 will be playing Chicago's Color My World.



Great idea.

But why a "small" box of crayons ?

Think of the variety if everyone got the 64 or 120 crayon box.

Could even let the fans come up with the logo.

Maybe we'll find the next LeRoy Neiman .



Had to limit to the small boxes. The 120 size box could be used as a projectile plus who knows what folks might use those built in sharpeners for.

https://www.target.com/p/crayola-120ct-crayon-set-with-cr...

Back to Top
  
rpbobcat
General User

Member Since: 4/28/2006
Location: Rochelle Park, NJ
Post Count: 3,215

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Has the new field been installed?
   Posted: 7/14/2022 1:03:06 PM 
Alan Swank wrote:

Had to limit to the small boxes. The 120 size box could be used as a projectile plus who knows what folks might use those built in sharpeners for.

https://www.target.com/p/crayola-120ct-crayon-set-with-cr...


When I was in Grammar School, 64 crayons was the biggest size.

That had the sharpener.
If you had that, you were one of the Cool Kids.

As far as a projectile, when we were kids we'd put a rubber band between our index and middle fingers to make a quasi slingshot, and shoot crayons and paper
clips at each other.



Back to Top
  
mf279801
General User

Member Since: 8/6/2010
Location: Atlanta, GA
Post Count: 2,342

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Has the new field been installed?
   Posted: 7/18/2022 9:39:30 PM 
Alan Swank wrote:
"Straw man" in your opinion. Here is one recent action that would dispute that.

https://www.chemistryworld.com/news/europe-raises-the-bar...

There are many others.

As for cost, cooler is better and lower G Max is better. The question is whether you want to improve athlete safety or not. Obviously OU does with the inclusion of a high quality pad which is a good thing.

I will give you this though, grooming is important and is neglected in most cases sometimes totally neglected.


From the posted article:

“However, a 2017 study by the Dutch National Institute for Public Health and Environment concluded that the health risks from rubber granules on sports pitches were negligible.”
Back to Top
  
mf279801
General User

Member Since: 8/6/2010
Location: Atlanta, GA
Post Count: 2,342

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Has the new field been installed?
   Posted: 7/18/2022 9:40:44 PM 
Alan Swank wrote:
ytownbobcat wrote:
Read your posts. Couldn't understand why you would question a long time poster that is in the business of turf repair and replacement.
Especially since the sum of your knowledge and subsequent statements were off of a company's website.

If you are going to be a "watchdog" over athletics you should stay in your own lane. Specifically, OBC versus G&W.


I’ve been doing some work with a new and emerging company in the turf industry for the last 18 months that produces a product that’s cooler than traditional turf companies, has a GMax factor with a unique pad system and using an organic infill material instead of crumb rubber which has been linked to possible cancers. The website posting was to simply show that the company that is doing the work will be using a pad which was cited as not needed by our east coast expert.



If one were being uncharitable, this could be described as the appearance of bias or of a commercial conflict of interest. If one were being uncharitable that is.
Back to Top
  
Ted Thompson
Administrator



Member Since: 11/11/2004
Location: MAC Play
Post Count: 6,865

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Has the new field been installed?
   Posted: 7/28/2022 10:26:02 PM 

 


Follow Ohio Football recruiting on the BobcatAttack.com football recruiting database.

Back to Top
  
rpbobcat
General User

Member Since: 4/28/2006
Location: Rochelle Park, NJ
Post Count: 3,215

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Has the new field been installed?
   Posted: 7/29/2022 6:42:53 AM 
Ted Thompson wrote:
The turf is given new birth! OUr Bobcats will fly around and not just make that Bobcat sound! New Season! Let's go!!!https://twitter.com/hashtag/YouGottaLoveIt?src=hash&r... ! https://t.co/xQZgV1DDd6&mdash ; Dwayne Dixon (@DwayneD98827716) https://twitter.com/DwayneD98827716/status/15527255655301...


No Attack Cat or other logo at midfield ?
Back to Top
  
Deciduous Forest Cat
General User

Member Since: 12/20/2004
Location: Ohio
Post Count: 3,924

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Has the new field been installed?
   Posted: 7/29/2022 9:38:43 AM 
rpbobcat wrote:
Ted Thompson wrote:
The turf is given new birth! OUr Bobcats will fly around and not just make that Bobcat sound! New Season! Let's go!!!https://twitter.com/hashtag/YouGottaLoveIt?src=hash&r... ! https://t.co/xQZgV1DDd6&mdash ; Dwayne Dixon (@DwayneD98827716) https://twitter.com/DwayneD98827716/status/15527255655301...


No Attack Cat or other logo at midfield ?


Feel like that is usually sewn in later, or has been in the past. (?)

Back to Top
  
rpbobcat
General User

Member Since: 4/28/2006
Location: Rochelle Park, NJ
Post Count: 3,215

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Has the new field been installed?
   Posted: 7/29/2022 9:43:19 AM 
Deciduous Forest Cat wrote:
rpbobcat wrote:
Ted Thompson wrote:
The turf is given new birth! OUr Bobcats will fly around and not just make that Bobcat sound! New Season! Let's go!!!https://twitter.com/hashtag/YouGottaLoveIt?src=hash&r... ! https://t.co/xQZgV1DDd6&mdash ; Dwayne Dixon (@DwayneD98827716) https://twitter.com/DwayneD98827716/status/15527255655301...


No Attack Cat or other logo at midfield ?


Feel like that is usually sewn in later, or has been in the past. (?)



Normally they're put in before the infill.

The reason I ask is because they already have the MAC logos in the turf.

Since there's no "line" across the field at midfield they may be "waiting" on it.



Back to Top
  
OhioCatFan
General User



Member Since: 12/20/2004
Location: Athens, OH
Post Count: 12,271

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Has the new field been installed?
   Posted: 7/29/2022 10:51:17 AM 
I thought, maybe, we were going to have two 50 yard lines in honor of our Canadian pipeline! ;-)


"It is better to be an optimist and be proven a fool than to be a pessimist and be proven right."

Note: My avatar is the national colors of the 78th Ohio Veteran Volunteer Infantry, which are now preserved in a climate controlled vault at the Ohio History Connection. Learn more about the old 78th at: http://www.78ohio.org

Back to Top
  
SBH
General User

Member Since: 12/20/2004
Post Count: 3,113

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Has the new field been installed?
   Posted: 7/29/2022 11:04:41 AM 
Think we're going to see "bricks" theme in unfilled, white areas?
Back to Top
  
CatsUp
General User

Member Since: 4/15/2019
Post Count: 583

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Has the new field been installed?
   Posted: 7/29/2022 11:11:16 AM 
SBH wrote:
Think we're going to see "bricks" theme in unfilled, white areas?


We could do it for the in-bounds portion and call it the “deep red bricks zone”.
Back to Top
  
rpbobcat
General User

Member Since: 4/28/2006
Location: Rochelle Park, NJ
Post Count: 3,215

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Has the new field been installed?
   Posted: 7/29/2022 11:13:39 AM 
SBH wrote:
Think we're going to see "bricks" theme in unfilled, white areas?


It would look nice.

I've designed several fields with "patterns" around the perimeter.

Normally, they're fabricated as part of the turf.

The idea is to have to do as little as possible to the "carpet" after its
fabricated.
Back to Top
  
GoCats105
General User

Member Since: 1/31/2006
Location: Seattle, WA
Post Count: 6,253

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Has the new field been installed?
   Posted: 7/29/2022 11:18:09 AM 
rpbobcat wrote:
SBH wrote:
Think we're going to see "bricks" theme in unfilled, white areas?


It would look nice.

I've designed several fields with "patterns" around the perimeter.

Normally, they're fabricated as part of the turf.

The idea is to have to do as little as possible to the "carpet" after its
fabricated.


UNC's pattern on the edges is one that comes to mind.

https://astroturf.com/university-of-north-carolina-select... /
Back to Top
  
rpbobcat
General User

Member Since: 4/28/2006
Location: Rochelle Park, NJ
Post Count: 3,215

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Has the new field been installed?
   Posted: 7/29/2022 12:31:20 PM 
GoCats105 wrote:


UNC's pattern on the edges is one that comes to mind.

https://astroturf.com/university-of-north-carolina-select... /


I've used similar patterns on some of the field's I've designed.

Back to Top
  
BillyTheCat
General User

Member Since: 10/6/2012
Post Count: 8,139

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Has the new field been installed?
   Posted: 7/29/2022 6:46:12 PM 
rpbobcat wrote:
Ted Thompson wrote:
The turf is given new birth! OUr Bobcats will fly around and not just make that Bobcat sound! New Season! Let's go!!!https://twitter.com/hashtag/YouGottaLoveIt?src=hash&r... ! https://t.co/xQZgV1DDd6&mdash ; Dwayne Dixon (@DwayneD98827716) https://twitter.com/DwayneD98827716/status/15527255655301...


No Attack Cat or other logo at midfield ?


Yeah, it’s the new concept field. We also are not going to have YD’s 1-4.
Back to Top
  
OUcats82
General User



Member Since: 1/9/2005
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Post Count: 1,764

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Has the new field been installed?
   Posted: 7/29/2022 11:49:28 PM 
What's up with the typeface for Ohio in the end zones?

Looks like a generic adidas font.


Ohio-The State University

Back to Top
  
BillyTheCat
General User

Member Since: 10/6/2012
Post Count: 8,139

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Has the new field been installed?
   Posted: 7/30/2022 11:39:49 AM 
OUcats82 wrote:
What's up with the typeface for Ohio in the end zones?

Looks like a generic adidas font.


Good question, does not appear to be an approved font. But hey, if the University ordered it and approved it, well I guess it’s approved.
Back to Top
  
Showing Replies:  26 - 50  of 59 Posts
Jump to Page:  < Previous    1 | 2 | 3    Next >
View Other 'Ohio Football' Topics
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             







Copyright ©2022 BobcatAttack.com. All rights reserved.  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Use
Partner of USA TODAY Sports Digital Properties