Welcome Guest!
Create an Account
login email:
password:
site searchwhere to watchcontact usabout usadvertise with ushelp
Message Board

BobcatAttack.com Message Board
Ohio Football
Topic:  The winning head coach of OU vs. BG.....

Topic:  The winning head coach of OU vs. BG.....
Author
Message
ExCat21
General User

Member Since: 9/29/2014
Post Count: 851

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  The winning head coach of OU vs. BG.....
   Posted: 11/18/2022 9:30:28 PM 
Will be the MAC Coach of the Year. Both coaches have done an excellent job of turning their programs around.

Thoughts?
Back to Top
  
OhioBobcat
General User

Member Since: 1/20/2006
Post Count: 1,444

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: The winning head coach of OU vs. BG.....
   Posted: 11/18/2022 10:38:10 PM 
ExCat21 wrote:
Will be the MAC Coach of the Year. Both coaches have done an excellent job of turning their programs around.

Thoughts?


I agree. And it will be Albin just to take the suspense out of waiting until Tuesday's game. But yes, I do agree with your point.
Back to Top
  
BillyTheCat
General User

Member Since: 10/6/2012
Post Count: 8,469

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: The winning head coach of OU vs. BG.....
   Posted: 11/19/2022 8:07:16 AM 
Winner could be a serious candidate for national coach of the year honors.
Back to Top
  
BryanHall
General User

Member Since: 9/11/2010
Post Count: 335

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: The winning head coach of OU vs. BG.....
   Posted: 11/19/2022 8:32:54 AM 
I'm rooting hard for Albin. He's really likeable and it's a shame he's going to be fired and replaced by Scott Frost.

Also, what would Kurtis need to do to not be MAC player of the year? If he sits he still wins in my opinion. Two picks and a fumble with a huge comeback game by Carson Steele?
Back to Top
  
colobobcat66
General User

Member Since: 9/1/2006
Location: Watching the bobcats run outside my window., CO
Post Count: 3,792

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: The winning head coach of OU vs. BG.....
   Posted: 11/19/2022 9:22:09 AM 
BryanHall wrote:
I'm rooting hard for Albin. He's really likeable and it's a shame he's going to be fired and replaced by Scott Frost.

Also, what would Kurtis need to do to not be MAC player of the year? If he sits he still wins in my opinion. Two picks and a fumble with a huge comeback game by Carson Steele?


Steele has great numbers partly because he is durable and has more carries than anyone else in the league. His longest run is 38 yards and he has 2 more TD’s than Bangura who has over 100 less carries. He’ll be first team running back for sure, but probably shouldn’t be offensive player of year over Kurtis IMHO.
Back to Top
  
ExCat21
General User

Member Since: 9/29/2014
Post Count: 851

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: The winning head coach of OU vs. BG.....
   Posted: 11/19/2022 12:01:00 PM 
colobobcat66 wrote:
BryanHall wrote:
I'm rooting hard for Albin. He's really likeable and it's a shame he's going to be fired and replaced by Scott Frost.

Also, what would Kurtis need to do to not be MAC player of the year? If he sits he still wins in my opinion. Two picks and a fumble with a huge comeback game by Carson Steele?


Steele has great numbers partly because he is durable and has more carries than anyone else in the league. His longest run is 38 yards and he has 2 more TD’s than Bangura who has over 100 less carries. He’ll be first team running back for sure, but probably shouldn’t be offensive player of year over Kurtis IMHO.



Rourke needs to go to MACC to solidify it. Steele's national number are already eye-popping enough in my opinion. Even on a mid-tier conference team.
Back to Top
  
colobobcat66
General User

Member Since: 9/1/2006
Location: Watching the bobcats run outside my window., CO
Post Count: 3,792

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: The winning head coach of OU vs. BG.....
   Posted: 11/19/2022 1:55:26 PM 
ExCat21 wrote:
colobobcat66 wrote:
BryanHall wrote:
I'm rooting hard for Albin. He's really likeable and it's a shame he's going to be fired and replaced by Scott Frost.

Also, what would Kurtis need to do to not be MAC player of the year? If he sits he still wins in my opinion. Two picks and a fumble with a huge comeback game by Carson Steele?


Steele has great numbers partly because he is durable and has more carries than anyone else in the league. His longest run is 38 yards and he has 2 more TD’s than Bangura who has over 100 less carries. He’ll be first team running back for sure, but probably shouldn’t be offensive player of year over Kurtis IMHO.



Rourke needs to go to MACC to solidify it. Steele's national number are already eye-popping enough in my opinion. Even on a mid-tier conference team.


I certainly respect your opinion because you know a lot more than I do about football, and durability is worth a lot. It may come down to Ohio’s record verse Ball State’s record.
Back to Top
  
BryanHall
General User

Member Since: 9/11/2010
Post Count: 335

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: The winning head coach of OU vs. BG.....
   Posted: 11/19/2022 11:06:02 PM 
ExCat21 wrote:
colobobcat66 wrote:
BryanHall wrote:
I'm rooting hard for Albin. He's really likeable and it's a shame he's going to be fired and replaced by Scott Frost.

Also, what would Kurtis need to do to not be MAC player of the year? If he sits he still wins in my opinion. Two picks and a fumble with a huge comeback game by Carson Steele?


Steele has great numbers partly because he is durable and has more carries than anyone else in the league. His longest run is 38 yards and he has 2 more TD’s than Bangura who has over 100 less carries. He’ll be first team running back for sure, but probably shouldn’t be offensive player of year over Kurtis IMHO.



Rourke needs to go to MACC to solidify it. Steele's national number are already eye-popping enough in my opinion. Even on a mid-tier conference team.


Steele is 3rd in rushing yards and Rourke is 5th in passing yards in the NCAA. I'd say both have eye popping stats.
Back to Top
  
M.D.W.S.T
General User



Member Since: 12/23/2021
Post Count: 236

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: The winning head coach of OU vs. BG.....
   Posted: 11/21/2022 12:06:16 PM 
BryanHall wrote:
ExCat21 wrote:
colobobcat66 wrote:
BryanHall wrote:
I'm rooting hard for Albin. He's really likeable and it's a shame he's going to be fired and replaced by Scott Frost.

Also, what would Kurtis need to do to not be MAC player of the year? If he sits he still wins in my opinion. Two picks and a fumble with a huge comeback game by Carson Steele?


Steele has great numbers partly because he is durable and has more carries than anyone else in the league. His longest run is 38 yards and he has 2 more TD’s than Bangura who has over 100 less carries. He’ll be first team running back for sure, but probably shouldn’t be offensive player of year over Kurtis IMHO.



Rourke needs to go to MACC to solidify it. Steele's national number are already eye-popping enough in my opinion. Even on a mid-tier conference team.


Steele is 3rd in rushing yards and Rourke is 5th in passing yards in the NCAA. I'd say both have eye popping stats.


QB has won MAC PoY 14 of the last 21 times, so I think a lot of ties go to the QB.

OU played the tougher schedule with FAU/Penn State/Iowa State and Rourke struggled in those last two, so I guess it depends on who looks at what. Strong struggled v Tennessee. Played well vs UCONN. It will probably be a very close vote, though a MAC Title would probably solidify it for Rourke.

I think Albin wins regardless, though again - if BG wins tomorrow... would be hard for me to award it to the losing coach, even if the record was slightly better.
Back to Top
  
Andrew Ruck
General User



Member Since: 12/22/2004
Location: Columbus, OH
Post Count: 4,026

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: The winning head coach of OU vs. BG.....
   Posted: 11/21/2022 12:55:37 PM 
BG has a MINUS 31 point diff in their 5-2 MAC record. They have 2 30+ point losses (both at home)...3 wins of 4 or less, another by 7 and their biggest win being 16. They were very fortunate that Toledo parked their starting QB and now they may be lucky again and miss Rourke.

I think we are a true turnaround, I think they are fortunate pretenders.

All that is to say although I am very confident we are the better team, I am terrified that lady luck continues to side with BG while we add another chapter into our long story of great Bobcat teams finding ways to come up short of the elusive MACC.


Andrew Ruck
B.B.A. 2003

Back to Top
  
Victory
General User

Member Since: 3/10/2012
Post Count: 1,420

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: The winning head coach of OU vs. BG.....
   Posted: 11/21/2022 9:16:04 PM 
Andrew Ruck wrote:
BG has a MINUS 31 point diff in their 5-2 MAC record. They have 2 30+ point losses (both at home)...3 wins of 4 or less, another by 7 and their biggest win being 16. They were very fortunate that Toledo parked their starting QB and now they may be lucky again and miss Rourke.

I think we are a true turnaround, I think they are fortunate pretenders.

All that is to say although I am very confident we are the better team, I am terrified that lady luck continues to side with BG while we add another chapter into our long story of great Bobcat teams finding ways to come up short of the elusive MACC.


They are -31 in spit of Playing Toledo without Finn, CMU without Nichols, Miami without Gabbert....now maybe Ohio without Rourke

I still believe Ohio would have been around a 12 point favorite if Rourke doesn't get injured.
Back to Top
  
ExCat21
General User

Member Since: 9/29/2014
Post Count: 851

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: The winning head coach of OU vs. BG.....
   Posted: 11/22/2022 10:23:17 PM 
And the 2022 MAC Coach of the Year is.....TA! Looking forward to this announcement in the next week or so.
Back to Top
  
OhioBobcat
General User

Member Since: 1/20/2006
Post Count: 1,444

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: The winning head coach of OU vs. BG.....
   Posted: 11/22/2022 10:26:17 PM 
OhioBobcat wrote:
ExCat21 wrote:
Will be the MAC Coach of the Year. Both coaches have done an excellent job of turning their programs around.

Thoughts?


I agree. And it will be Albin just to take the suspense out of waiting until Tuesday's game. But yes, I do agree with your point.


No-brainer
Back to Top
  
OhioCatFan
General User



Member Since: 12/20/2004
Location: Athens, OH
Post Count: 12,730

Status: Online

  Message Not Read  RE: The winning head coach of OU vs. BG.....
   Posted: 11/22/2022 10:40:44 PM 
OhioBobcat wrote:
OhioBobcat wrote:
ExCat21 wrote:
Will be the MAC Coach of the Year. Both coaches have done an excellent job of turning their programs around.

Thoughts?


I agree. And it will be Albin just to take the suspense out of waiting until Tuesday's game. But yes, I do agree with your point.


No-brainer


Agree . . . no doubt about it. Extend his contract.


"It is better to be an optimist and be proven a fool than to be a pessimist and be proven right."

Note: My avatar is the national colors of the 78th Ohio Veteran Volunteer Infantry, which are now preserved in a climate controlled vault at the Ohio History Connection. Learn more about the old 78th at: http://www.78ohio.org

Back to Top
  
mid70sbobcat
General User

Member Since: 12/20/2004
Post Count: 526

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: The winning head coach of OU vs. BG.....
   Posted: 11/22/2022 10:46:05 PM 
OhioCatFan wrote:
OhioBobcat wrote:
OhioBobcat wrote:
ExCat21 wrote:
Will be the MAC Coach of the Year. Both coaches have done an excellent job of turning their programs around.

Thoughts?


I agree. And it will be Albin just to take the suspense out of waiting until Tuesday's game. But yes, I do agree with your point.


No-brainer


Agree . . . no doubt about it. Extend his contract.


Yet, it was funny, or actually sad, that when we were down 7-0, some posters were still of the fire Albin mindset. What many apparently miss is that last year 3-9 could have easily been 6-6 if anyone looks at the schedule and results.

Back to Top
  
Andrew Ruck
General User



Member Since: 12/22/2004
Location: Columbus, OH
Post Count: 4,026

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: The winning head coach of OU vs. BG.....
   Posted: 11/23/2022 8:03:36 AM 
I never followed the national coach of the year but is it like any other national award where the non P5 teams are basically ignored? If we win the Championship game I feel he has to be considered. From 3-9 to 10-3 and finishing on an 8 game win streak. Generally coach of the year awards are basically most improved team and/or team that exceeded expectations. Is there a team in the country that improved / exceeded expectations more than OHIO?


Andrew Ruck
B.B.A. 2003

Back to Top
  
Mark Lembright '85
General User

Member Since: 8/22/2010
Location: Lyndhurst, OH
Post Count: 2,414

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: The winning head coach of OU vs. BG.....
   Posted: 11/23/2022 8:44:59 AM 
Andrew Ruck wrote:
I never followed the national coach of the year but is it like any other national award where the non P5 teams are basically ignored? If we win the Championship game I feel he has to be considered. From 3-9 to 10-3 and finishing on an 8 game win streak. Generally coach of the year awards are basically most improved team and/or team that exceeded expectations. Is there a team in the country that improved / exceeded expectations more than OHIO?


Tulane maybe, but Ohio's better!
Back to Top
  
Andrew Ruck
General User



Member Since: 12/22/2004
Location: Columbus, OH
Post Count: 4,026

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: The winning head coach of OU vs. BG.....
   Posted: 11/23/2022 8:52:30 AM 
This popped up on my facebook memories exactly 10 years ago to the day, the heartbreaking 2012 season:

"From 8-0 and ranked to 8-4 and embarrassed. Definitely a Bobcat season to remember."


Andrew Ruck
B.B.A. 2003

Back to Top
  
OhioCatFan
General User



Member Since: 12/20/2004
Location: Athens, OH
Post Count: 12,730

Status: Online

  Message Not Read  RE: The winning head coach of OU vs. BG.....
   Posted: 11/23/2022 11:02:17 AM 
I've never given much stock in the COY award since Jack Lengyel didn't win it for his 2-8 record at Marshall in 1971, the year after the crash. To have guided that collection of third stringers and transfers to two wins was incredible in my book. I've never thought COY should be based on win totals or notoriety of the program, but should be given for actual excellence in coaching -- doing the most with what you got. That being said, I think a good case can be made for Coach Albin, because of the turnaround that he accomplished, but I'm not holding my breath. It's probably going to go someone like Sonny Dykes or Kirby Smart.


"It is better to be an optimist and be proven a fool than to be a pessimist and be proven right."

Note: My avatar is the national colors of the 78th Ohio Veteran Volunteer Infantry, which are now preserved in a climate controlled vault at the Ohio History Connection. Learn more about the old 78th at: http://www.78ohio.org

Back to Top
  
ExCat21
General User

Member Since: 9/29/2014
Post Count: 851

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: The winning head coach of OU vs. BG.....
   Posted: 11/23/2022 12:07:13 PM 
OhioCatFan wrote:
I've never given much stock in the COY award since Jack Lengyel didn't win it for his 2-8 record at Marshall in 1971, the year after the crash. To have guided that collection of third stringers and transfers to two wins was incredible in my book. I've never thought COY should be based on win totals or notoriety of the program, but should be given for actual excellence in coaching -- doing the most with what you got. That being said, I think a good case can be made for Coach Albin, because of the turnaround that he accomplished, but I'm not holding my breath. It's probably going to go someone like Sonny Dykes or Kirby Smart.


I was looking to see if anyone said Sonny Dykes before I did. He is no question without a doubt COY.

TBH I would be more concerned with losing our OC and DC next year. You have a "bend but dont break" DC and a "QB whisperer" for an OC. They could be poached for the right price.

Last Edited: 11/23/2022 12:08:08 PM by ExCat21

Back to Top
  
BillyTheCat
General User

Member Since: 10/6/2012
Post Count: 8,469

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: The winning head coach of OU vs. BG.....
   Posted: 11/23/2022 10:29:12 PM 
ExCat21 wrote:
OhioCatFan wrote:
I've never given much stock in the COY award since Jack Lengyel didn't win it for his 2-8 record at Marshall in 1971, the year after the crash. To have guided that collection of third stringers and transfers to two wins was incredible in my book. I've never thought COY should be based on win totals or notoriety of the program, but should be given for actual excellence in coaching -- doing the most with what you got. That being said, I think a good case can be made for Coach Albin, because of the turnaround that he accomplished, but I'm not holding my breath. It's probably going to go someone like Sonny Dykes or Kirby Smart.


I was looking to see if anyone said Sonny Dykes before I did. He is no question without a doubt COY.

TBH I would be more concerned with losing our OC and DC next year. You have a "bend but dont break" DC and a "QB whisperer" for an OC. They could be poached for the right price.


With the money we pay assistants why would those two even think about leaving?
Back to Top
  
ExCat21
General User

Member Since: 9/29/2014
Post Count: 851

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: The winning head coach of OU vs. BG.....
   Posted: 11/30/2022 11:19:33 AM 
Coach of the Year. Congrats Coach!

https://twitter.com/OhioFootball/status/15979850170150830...

Last Edited: 11/30/2022 11:20:51 AM by ExCat21

Back to Top
  
Ted Thompson
Administrator



Member Since: 11/11/2004
Location: MAC Play
Post Count: 6,972

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: The winning head coach of OU vs. BG.....
   Posted: 11/30/2022 11:48:40 AM 

 


Follow Ohio Football recruiting on the BobcatAttack.com football recruiting database.

Back to Top
  
M.D.W.S.T
General User



Member Since: 12/23/2021
Post Count: 236

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: The winning head coach of OU vs. BG.....
   Posted: 11/30/2022 4:21:49 PM 
Fun Fact: Frank was also Coach of the Year in his 2nd season going to the MAC Championship game with 9 wins.
Back to Top
  
colobobcat66
General User

Member Since: 9/1/2006
Location: Watching the bobcats run outside my window., CO
Post Count: 3,792

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: The winning head coach of OU vs. BG.....
   Posted: 11/30/2022 5:00:16 PM 
Just wondering, do you think there has been any work on restructuring Albin’s contract.
Back to Top
  
Showing Replies:  1 - 25  of 25 Posts
Jump to Page:  1
View Other 'Ohio Football' Topics
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             







Copyright ©2022 BobcatAttack.com. All rights reserved.  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Use
Partner of USA TODAY Sports Digital Properties