Welcome Guest!
Create an Account
login email:
password:
site searchwhere to watchcontact usabout usadvertise with ushelp
Message Board

BobcatAttack.com Message Board
Ohio Football
Topic:  Official Arizona Bowl Game Thread: Wyoming

Topic:  Official Arizona Bowl Game Thread: Wyoming
Author
Message
Ted Thompson
Administrator



Member Since: 11/11/2004
Location: MAC Play
Post Count: 7,058

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  Official Arizona Bowl Game Thread: Wyoming
   Posted: 12/12/2022 10:06:33 PM 

Use this thread to talk about anything game-related. For away games, we'll have a separate travel thread.

Date: December 30th, 2022 4:30 PM

Opponent: Wyoming  (7-5, 5-3 Mountain West)

Site: Arizona Stadium

TV/Webcast: Barstool.TV

Radio: The Varsity Network App (free) 

Wyoming statisticsroster and media guide

Wyoming Fan Site: WyoNation.com    GoWyoGo


Follow Ohio Football recruiting on the BobcatAttack.com football recruiting database.

Back to Top
  
OhioCatFan
General User



Member Since: 12/20/2004
Location: Athens, OH
Post Count: 13,058

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Arizona Bowl Game Thread: Wyoming
   Posted: 12/13/2022 11:35:32 AM 
Well, if you believe what they are saying at wyonation.com, their team is falling apart at the seams, half the team is headed for the transfer portal, their coach has lost control of the locker room, their best players are either hurt or kicked off the team, and OHIO should win by 50 points. I'm not buying any of it. Go OHIO!


"It is better to be an optimist and be proven a fool than to be a pessimist and be proven right."

Note: My avatar is the national colors of the 78th Ohio Veteran Volunteer Infantry, which are now preserved in a climate controlled vault at the Ohio History Connection. Learn more about the old 78th at: http://www.78ohio.org

Back to Top
  
Doc Bobcat
General User

Member Since: 12/20/2004
Post Count: 4,062

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Arizona Bowl Game Thread: Wyoming
   Posted: 12/13/2022 3:36:21 PM 
OhioCatFan wrote:
Well, if you believe what they are saying at wyonation.com, their team is falling apart at the seams, half the team is headed for the transfer portal, their coach has lost control of the locker room, their best players are either hurt or kicked off the team, and OHIO should win by 50 points. I'm not buying any of it. Go OHIO!


Gamesmanship again.
Back to Top
  
Trevor Stephens
General User

Member Since: 12/13/2017
Post Count: 177

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Arizona Bowl Game Thread: Wyoming (NT)
   Posted: 12/13/2022 3:39:06 PM 

Last Edited: 12/13/2022 3:41:43 PM by Trevor Stephens

Back to Top
  
Trevor Stephens
General User

Member Since: 12/13/2017
Post Count: 177

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Arizona Bowl Game Thread: Wyoming
   Posted: 12/13/2022 3:41:05 PM 
Wyoming fan here. Excited for this matchup against Ohio. Very happy to get the Arizona bowl over the potato or New Mexico bowl.

Love MAC football and always pulled for Ohio since they hired Solich. The reality is the MWC is dogcrap this year. I expect Ohio to easily cover at -3 and I'm happy to take that action and here is Why:

Titus Swen - Leading rusher has been kicked off the team
Joshua Cobbs- Start WR Entered portal
Omotosho - Starting DE Entered portal
Cam Stone - Starting DB Entered portal

------------------------------------
At least six Wyoming players have entered the portal, including the projected starting RB for the bowl game. Apparently they're down to a RS freshman, a true freshman and a walk-on at RB, with a total of zero carries this past season. Two of their top three RBs are injured and the other was kicked off the team. Their top rusher right now is QB Andrew Peasley, 70 carries for 330 yds.

https://trib.com/sports/pokes-projected-arizona-bowl-star...


Last Edited: 12/13/2022 3:46:09 PM by Trevor Stephens

Back to Top
  
Trevor Stephens
General User

Member Since: 12/13/2017
Post Count: 177

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Arizona Bowl Game Thread: Wyoming
   Posted: 12/13/2022 3:41:18 PM 
Links from the other Bowl Thread:

Bowl Website: https://thearizonabowl.com

Tickets:

Ohio Site: https://ohiobobcats.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/SEGetEv ... =

Bowl Site: https://seatgeek.com/barstool-sports-arizona-bowl-2022-oh ...

Bowl Gear: https://shoparizonabowl.com/bowl_ari_en_US/ohio.html

College Bookstore Bowl Shirt: https://cbsohiou.com/catalogs/24/products/0020038

Clear Bag Policy: https://arizonawildcats.com/sports/2016/1/13/210630606.aspx

TV/Webcast: https://barstool.tv/live



Arizona Bowl Post-Pep Rally Gathering
Date:Thursday, December 29, 2022
Time: 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Location: Maynards Patio
400 N. Toole Ave.
Tucson, AZ 85701

The Ohio Bobcat Club and the Ohio University Alumni Association invite you to join us after the Official Arizona Bowl Pep Rally on the Maynards Patio. Continue your evening with fellow members of Bobcat Nation as we get ready to cheer on our OHIO Bobcats before they take on the Wyoming Cowboys! With special appearances from your favorite OHIO spirit squads, Rufus, and the Most Exciting Band in the Land, The Marching 110!

This event is $15 to attend and will include heavy hors d'oeuvres, and there will be a cash bar.

Registered for this: http://engage.ohio.edu/site/Calendar?id=109042&view=Detai ... =

Last Edited: 12/14/2022 4:41:22 PM by Trevor Stephens

Back to Top
  
OhioCatFan
General User



Member Since: 12/20/2004
Location: Athens, OH
Post Count: 13,058

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Arizona Bowl Game Thread: Wyoming
   Posted: 12/13/2022 11:32:48 PM 
Trevor Stephens wrote:
Wyoming fan here. Excited for this matchup against Ohio. Very happy to get the Arizona bowl over the potato or New Mexico bowl.

Love MAC football and always pulled for Ohio since they hired Solich. The reality is the MWC is dogcrap this year. I expect Ohio to easily cover at -3 and I'm happy to take that action and here is Why:

Titus Swen - Leading rusher has been kicked off the team
Joshua Cobbs- Start WR Entered portal
Omotosho - Starting DE Entered portal
Cam Stone - Starting DB Entered portal

------------------------------------
At least six Wyoming players have entered the portal, including the projected starting RB for the bowl game. Apparently they're down to a RS freshman, a true freshman and a walk-on at RB, with a total of zero carries this past season. Two of their top three RBs are injured and the other was kicked off the team. Their top rusher right now is QB Andrew Peasley, 70 carries for 330 yds.

https://trib.com/sports/pokes-projected-arizona-bowl-star...




Are you guys channeling Toledo? All of this sounds familiar: 1st String QB Finn is hobbled and can't run, several starters injured and can't play, scrubs play the last two regular season games and they lose those games with their third string QB, etc. One of these losses is to BG that we beat convincingly with our third-string QB just a week later. Then comes game day for the MAC Championship and all these injured dudes are as healthy as a thoroughbred horse on Kentucky Derby Day. We ain't buying this stuff, and I fully expect those guys to withdraw from the portal and the leading rusher to be reinstated the day prior to the bowl game. Color me, and lots of us, skeptical about all of this "woe is us" stuff.

Last Edited: 12/13/2022 11:36:32 PM by OhioCatFan


"It is better to be an optimist and be proven a fool than to be a pessimist and be proven right."

Note: My avatar is the national colors of the 78th Ohio Veteran Volunteer Infantry, which are now preserved in a climate controlled vault at the Ohio History Connection. Learn more about the old 78th at: http://www.78ohio.org

Back to Top
  
randy
General User

Member Since: 2/23/2005
Location: along the green river, OH
Post Count: 212

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Arizona Bowl Game Thread: Wyoming
   Posted: 12/14/2022 3:56:27 PM 
... and this is how we get affiliated with the only non -televised game? I'll take a 10 win season. Thank you coaching staff and players for a memorable year!
Back to Top
  
Trevor Stephens
General User

Member Since: 12/13/2017
Post Count: 177

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Arizona Bowl Game Thread: Wyoming
   Posted: 12/14/2022 4:51:15 PM 
randy wrote:
... and this is how we get affiliated with the only non -televised game? I'll take a 10 win season. Thank you coaching staff and players for a memorable year!


Game is free to watch and will be able to be viewed by more people than if it was going to be put on ESPN family of networks at 2pm timely on a Friday afternoon.

The Game is available on bowl and Barstool Sport swebsite, and the Barstool Sports Twitter Live, Facebook Live, YouTube Live accounts.

Also Barstool Sports name has a huge connection to college and high school age audiences. This age group will tune in to the game unlike some other named bowls.

While it may not be the same as any other bowl game, being able to get more coverage than normal bowl games will have it benefits on recruiting both high school and the portal and brand recognition.

Last Edited: 12/14/2022 4:52:48 PM by Trevor Stephens

Back to Top
  
LuckySparrow
General User



Member Since: 10/15/2012
Location: Illinois
Post Count: 1,529

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Arizona Bowl Game Thread: Wyoming
   Posted: 12/14/2022 8:29:18 PM 
Since the game isn't on TV and no DVR... I have to work on Friday. Is there an on demand option where I can start the game later and watch in full?


What a day at the Convo.....Wow!

Back to Top
  
M.D.W.S.T
General User



Member Since: 12/23/2021
Post Count: 419

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Arizona Bowl Game Thread: Wyoming
   Posted: 12/15/2022 3:20:29 PM 
OhioCatFan wrote:
Trevor Stephens wrote:
Wyoming fan here. Excited for this matchup against Ohio. Very happy to get the Arizona bowl over the potato or New Mexico bowl.

Love MAC football and always pulled for Ohio since they hired Solich. The reality is the MWC is dogcrap this year. I expect Ohio to easily cover at -3 and I'm happy to take that action and here is Why:

Titus Swen - Leading rusher has been kicked off the team
Joshua Cobbs- Start WR Entered portal
Omotosho - Starting DE Entered portal
Cam Stone - Starting DB Entered portal

------------------------------------
At least six Wyoming players have entered the portal, including the projected starting RB for the bowl game. Apparently they're down to a RS freshman, a true freshman and a walk-on at RB, with a total of zero carries this past season. Two of their top three RBs are injured and the other was kicked off the team. Their top rusher right now is QB Andrew Peasley, 70 carries for 330 yds.

https://trib.com/sports/pokes-projected-arizona-bowl-star...




Are you guys channeling Toledo? All of this sounds familiar: 1st String QB Finn is hobbled and can't run, several starters injured and can't play, scrubs play the last two regular season games and they lose those games with their third string QB, etc. One of these losses is to BG that we beat convincingly with our third-string QB just a week later. Then comes game day for the MAC Championship and all these injured dudes are as healthy as a thoroughbred horse on Kentucky Derby Day. We ain't buying this stuff, and I fully expect those guys to withdraw from the portal and the leading rusher to be reinstated the day prior to the bowl game. Color me, and lots of us, skeptical about all of this "woe is us" stuff.



Yep.

All this is telling me is that a lot of guys who are being "counted out" are gonna be playing loose with nothing to lose and something to prove.

Last Edited: 12/15/2022 3:21:04 PM by M.D.W.S.T

Back to Top
  
GoCats105
General User

Member Since: 1/31/2006
Location: Seattle, WA
Post Count: 6,419

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Arizona Bowl Game Thread: Wyoming
   Posted: 12/16/2022 1:11:48 PM 
Some of these bowl game kickoff times are hilarious at best. Really banking on people being off every Friday of the holiday season?

UAB and Miami are playing as I type this right now and the sun is barely up on the West Coast. Normal for a fall Saturday, but not Friday.

Who the hell is going to watch Marshall and UConn on Monday other than OCF and Chuck Landon?

Last Edited: 12/16/2022 1:12:53 PM by GoCats105

Back to Top
  
Trevor Stephens
General User

Member Since: 12/13/2017
Post Count: 177

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Arizona Bowl Game Thread: Wyoming
   Posted: 12/16/2022 3:37:42 PM 
Wyoming Game Notes: https://gowyo.com/sports/2022/12/15/2022-arizona-bowl-gui...

Back to Top
  
BillyTheCat
General User

Member Since: 10/6/2012
Post Count: 8,670

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Arizona Bowl Game Thread: Wyoming
   Posted: 12/16/2022 7:55:45 PM 
Trevor Stephens wrote:
Wyoming Game Notes: https://gowyo.com/sports/2022/12/15/2022-arizona-bowl-gui...



Just curious, is the department paying you yet for your work? If not they should be.
Back to Top
  
M.D.W.S.T
General User



Member Since: 12/23/2021
Post Count: 419

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Arizona Bowl Game Thread: Wyoming
   Posted: 12/16/2022 11:20:25 PM 
M.D.W.S.T wrote:


Yep.

All this is telling me is that a lot of guys who are being "counted out" are gonna be playing loose with nothing to lose and something to prove.


And the line has now moved to EVEN.
Back to Top
  
OhioCatFan
General User



Member Since: 12/20/2004
Location: Athens, OH
Post Count: 13,058

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Arizona Bowl Game Thread: Wyoming
   Posted: 12/17/2022 10:42:19 AM 
M.D.W.S.T wrote:
M.D.W.S.T wrote:


Yep.

All this is telling me is that a lot of guys who are being "counted out" are gonna be playing loose with nothing to lose and something to prove.


And the line has now moved to EVEN.


Wyoming players returning from injuries and being reinstated?


"It is better to be an optimist and be proven a fool than to be a pessimist and be proven right."

Note: My avatar is the national colors of the 78th Ohio Veteran Volunteer Infantry, which are now preserved in a climate controlled vault at the Ohio History Connection. Learn more about the old 78th at: http://www.78ohio.org

Back to Top
  
MonroeClassmate
General User

Member Since: 8/31/2010
Post Count: 1,738

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Arizona Bowl Game Thread: Wyoming
   Posted: 12/17/2022 11:09:00 AM 
I think CJ should be running the ball a bunch not just 6 times like he did against the Rockets. The fake runs and CJ dropping back seemed effective to buy him some time and those plays would be even more lethal if on other occasions he tucked it and ran over a few DB's.

CJ has more talent then a few of the QB's OHIO faced during the MAC win streak so I expect him to play well in this one with the added practice.

Who is 4th on the QB depth chart? What are his talents?





Back to Top
  
Trevor Stephens
General User

Member Since: 12/13/2017
Post Count: 177

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Arizona Bowl Game Thread: Wyoming
   Posted: 12/17/2022 11:48:25 AM 
MonroeClassmate wrote:
I think CJ should be running the ball a bunch not just 6 times like he did against the Rockets. The fake runs and CJ dropping back seemed effective to buy him some time and those plays would be even more lethal if on other occasions he tucked it and ran over a few DB's.

CJ has more talent then a few of the QB's OHIO faced during the MAC win streak so I expect him to play well in this one with the added practice.

Who is 4th on the QB depth chart? What are his talents?



I heard that the next two are freshman

Last Edited: 12/17/2022 11:48:48 AM by Trevor Stephens

Back to Top
  
Doc Bobcat
General User

Member Since: 12/20/2004
Post Count: 4,062

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Arizona Bowl Game Thread: Wyoming
   Posted: 12/23/2022 12:06:49 PM 
Any bars showing the game?

Columbus?
Back to Top
  
M.D.W.S.T
General User



Member Since: 12/23/2021
Post Count: 419

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Arizona Bowl Game Thread: Wyoming
   Posted: 12/24/2022 11:55:13 AM 
Got some new merch up on the website.

Digging this tee. Kinda wish that back was on the front.

https://store.barstoolsports.com/products/arizona-bowl-20...
Back to Top
  
Ted Thompson
Administrator



Member Since: 11/11/2004
Location: MAC Play
Post Count: 7,058

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Arizona Bowl Game Thread: Wyoming
   Posted: 12/24/2022 12:18:20 PM 

 


Follow Ohio Football recruiting on the BobcatAttack.com football recruiting database.

Back to Top
  
Ted Thompson
Administrator



Member Since: 11/11/2004
Location: MAC Play
Post Count: 7,058

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Arizona Bowl Game Thread: Wyoming
   Posted: 12/24/2022 12:22:36 PM 

 


Follow Ohio Football recruiting on the BobcatAttack.com football recruiting database.

Back to Top
  
colobobcat66
General User

Member Since: 9/1/2006
Location: Watching the bobcats run outside my window., CO
Post Count: 3,872

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Arizona Bowl Game Thread: Wyoming
   Posted: 12/26/2022 4:50:50 PM 
So Zach sanders is “ entering the NFL draft” per his twitter. Will he play in this game?

Last Edited: 12/26/2022 5:50:35 PM by colobobcat66

Back to Top
  
RSBobcat
General User



Member Since: 8/22/2010
Location: Columbus, OH
Post Count: 4,328

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Arizona Bowl Game Thread: Wyoming
   Posted: 12/26/2022 11:13:01 PM 
colobobcat66 wrote:
So Zach sanders is “ entering the NFL draft” per his twitter. Will he play in this game?


Looks like he is playing his last eligible year (I think) so I assume he could declare whatever he wants and still be able to play?

https://ohiobobcats.com/sports/football/roster/zack-sande...



RS Bobcat

Back to Top
  
Bobcat1998
General User

Member Since: 11/7/2012
Post Count: 1,985

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Arizona Bowl Game Thread: Wyoming
   Posted: 12/27/2022 8:14:32 AM 
I would love for Sanders to have eligibility left. He was an absolute steal in the portal for us. Now, can anyone clear up any of our sixth year or grad student guys? I am confused because of the COVID freebie years. Is it a sixth year who has run out of eligiblity but a grad student has a year left? If so, that means Wiglusz could come back?

GRAD STUDENTS: Wiglusz, Drake, Bostic, Kai
SIXTH YEARS: L. Cross, Floyd, Ross, Neatherington, Wieland, Meservy, Rodgers.

If the grad students can come back, has anyone heard any word on if the four above will return? If so, that would be huge. All four were gamers this year.
Back to Top
  
Showing Replies:  1 - 25  of 185 Posts
Jump to Page:  1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8    Next >
View Other 'Ohio Football' Topics
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             







Copyright ©2023 BobcatAttack.com. All rights reserved.  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Use
Partner of USA TODAY Sports Digital Properties