Welcome Guest!
Create an Account
login email:
password:
site searchwhere to watchcontact usabout usadvertise with ushelp
Message Board

BobcatAttack.com Message Board
Ohio Football
Topic:  RE: Official Arizona Bowl Game Thread: Wyoming

Topic:  RE: Official Arizona Bowl Game Thread: Wyoming
Author
Message
M.D.W.S.T
General User



Member Since: 12/23/2021
Post Count: 419

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Arizona Bowl Game Thread: Wyoming
   Posted: 12/27/2022 11:25:53 AM 
Bobcat1998 wrote:
I would love for Sanders to have eligibility left. He was an absolute steal in the portal for us. Now, can anyone clear up any of our sixth year or grad student guys? I am confused because of the COVID freebie years. Is it a sixth year who has run out of eligiblity but a grad student has a year left? If so, that means Wiglusz could come back?

GRAD STUDENTS: Wiglusz, Drake, Bostic, Kai
SIXTH YEARS: L. Cross, Floyd, Ross, Neatherington, Wieland, Meservy, Rodgers.

If the grad students can come back, has anyone heard any word on if the four above will return? If so, that would be huge. All four were gamers this year.


Most of the grad guys are sixth years. I've lost all track of how they determine this anymore, so has the NCAA I think, I just saw a guy get granted his 7th year, so who knows.

But this is where we stand...

Wigs: 1st year, 2018 - COVID YEAR AVAILABLE... will he take it?

Drake: 1st year, 2017 - no more eligibility

Bostic: 1st year, 2017 - No more eligibility, played four years at Vandy, last two at OU

Caesar: 1st year, 2017 - No more eligibility, unless there is some sort of hardship, injury in there somewhere
Back to Top
  
BillyTheCat
General User

Member Since: 10/6/2012
Post Count: 8,670

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Arizona Bowl Game Thread: Wyoming
   Posted: 12/27/2022 11:33:32 AM 
M.D.W.S.T wrote:
Bobcat1998 wrote:
I would love for Sanders to have eligibility left. He was an absolute steal in the portal for us. Now, can anyone clear up any of our sixth year or grad student guys? I am confused because of the COVID freebie years. Is it a sixth year who has run out of eligiblity but a grad student has a year left? If so, that means Wiglusz could come back?

GRAD STUDENTS: Wiglusz, Drake, Bostic, Kai
SIXTH YEARS: L. Cross, Floyd, Ross, Neatherington, Wieland, Meservy, Rodgers.

If the grad students can come back, has anyone heard any word on if the four above will return? If so, that would be huge. All four were gamers this year.


Most of the grad guys are sixth years. I've lost all track of how they determine this anymore, so has the NCAA I think, I just saw a guy get granted his 7th year, so who knows.

But this is where we stand...

Wigs: 1st year, 2018 - COVID YEAR AVAILABLE... will he take it?

Drake: 1st year, 2017 - no more eligibility

Bostic: 1st year, 2017 - No more eligibility, played four years at Vandy, last two at OU

Caesar: 1st year, 2017 - No more eligibility, unless there is some sort of hardship, injury in there somewhere


Actually player from Oregon just received his 9th year and I believe there are 4 who have been approved for their 7th year.
Back to Top
  
M.D.W.S.T
General User



Member Since: 12/23/2021
Post Count: 419

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Arizona Bowl Game Thread: Wyoming
   Posted: 12/27/2022 11:52:57 AM 
BillyTheCat wrote:
M.D.W.S.T wrote:
Bobcat1998 wrote:
I would love for Sanders to have eligibility left. He was an absolute steal in the portal for us. Now, can anyone clear up any of our sixth year or grad student guys? I am confused because of the COVID freebie years. Is it a sixth year who has run out of eligiblity but a grad student has a year left? If so, that means Wiglusz could come back?

GRAD STUDENTS: Wiglusz, Drake, Bostic, Kai
SIXTH YEARS: L. Cross, Floyd, Ross, Neatherington, Wieland, Meservy, Rodgers.

If the grad students can come back, has anyone heard any word on if the four above will return? If so, that would be huge. All four were gamers this year.


Most of the grad guys are sixth years. I've lost all track of how they determine this anymore, so has the NCAA I think, I just saw a guy get granted his 7th year, so who knows.

But this is where we stand...

Wigs: 1st year, 2018 - COVID YEAR AVAILABLE... will he take it?

Drake: 1st year, 2017 - no more eligibility

Bostic: 1st year, 2017 - No more eligibility, played four years at Vandy, last two at OU

Caesar: 1st year, 2017 - No more eligibility, unless there is some sort of hardship, injury in there somewhere


Actually player from Oregon just received his 9th year and I believe there are 4 who have been approved for their 7th year.


NINE YEARS? Buddy boy about to finish his residency.
Back to Top
  
Bobcat1998
General User

Member Since: 11/7/2012
Post Count: 1,985

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Arizona Bowl Game Thread: Wyoming
   Posted: 12/27/2022 1:29:03 PM 
M.D.W.S.T wrote:
Bobcat1998 wrote:
I would love for Sanders to have eligibility left. He was an absolute steal in the portal for us. Now, can anyone clear up any of our sixth year or grad student guys? I am confused because of the COVID freebie years. Is it a sixth year who has run out of eligiblity but a grad student has a year left? If so, that means Wiglusz could come back?

GRAD STUDENTS: Wiglusz, Drake, Bostic, Kai
SIXTH YEARS: L. Cross, Floyd, Ross, Neatherington, Wieland, Meservy, Rodgers.

If the grad students can come back, has anyone heard any word on if the four above will return? If so, that would be huge. All four were gamers this year.


Most of the grad guys are sixth years. I've lost all track of how they determine this anymore, so has the NCAA I think, I just saw a guy get granted his 7th year, so who knows.

But this is where we stand...

Wigs: 1st year, 2018 - COVID YEAR AVAILABLE... will he take it?

Drake: 1st year, 2017 - no more eligibility

Bostic: 1st year, 2017 - No more eligibility, played four years at Vandy, last two at OU

Caesar: 1st year, 2017 - No more eligibility, unless there is some sort of hardship, injury in there somewhere


Would be nice to welcome Sam back for another year. I heard somewhere on here that he was going to return? To have him, Miles and Jacoby Jones all back would be huge to go with Sieh and hopefully O'Shaan and the tight end crew. Our O-line would be the only question mark.
Back to Top
  
Ted Thompson
Administrator



Member Since: 11/11/2004
Location: MAC Play
Post Count: 7,058

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Arizona Bowl Game Thread: Wyoming
   Posted: 12/27/2022 2:50:03 PM 

 


Follow Ohio Football recruiting on the BobcatAttack.com football recruiting database.

Back to Top
  
Ted Thompson
Administrator



Member Since: 11/11/2004
Location: MAC Play
Post Count: 7,058

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Arizona Bowl Game Thread: Wyoming
   Posted: 12/27/2022 2:51:22 PM 

 


Follow Ohio Football recruiting on the BobcatAttack.com football recruiting database.

Back to Top
  
Ted Thompson
Administrator



Member Since: 11/11/2004
Location: MAC Play
Post Count: 7,058

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Arizona Bowl Game Thread: Wyoming
   Posted: 12/27/2022 2:52:17 PM 

 


Follow Ohio Football recruiting on the BobcatAttack.com football recruiting database.

Back to Top
  
Trevor Stephens
General User

Member Since: 12/13/2017
Post Count: 177

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Arizona Bowl Game Thread: Wyoming
   Posted: 12/28/2022 12:23:41 PM 
Craig Bohl helped Tim Albin in a time of need; nearly 20 years later, they'll meet in the Arizona Bowl

https://tucson.com/sports/local/craig-bohl-helped-tim-alb...
Back to Top
  
RSBobcat
General User



Member Since: 8/22/2010
Location: Columbus, OH
Post Count: 4,328

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Arizona Bowl Game Thread: Wyoming
   Posted: 12/28/2022 5:22:35 PM 
Trevor Stephens wrote:
Craig Bohl helped Tim Albin in a time of need; nearly 20 years later, they'll meet in the Arizona Bowl

https://tucson.com/sports/local/craig-bohl-helped-tim-alb...


Thx for that story link. Adds quite a bit of additional context/story to the upcoming game.


RS Bobcat

Back to Top
  
Trevor Stephens
General User

Member Since: 12/13/2017
Post Count: 177

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Arizona Bowl Game Thread: Wyoming
   Posted: 12/28/2022 6:27:48 PM 
Bowl Week Press Conferences:

Ohio: https://youtu.be/ECEMoXFaPPA

Wyoming: https://gowyo.com/news/2022/12/28/football-arizona-bowl-p...
Back to Top
  
Ted Thompson
Administrator



Member Since: 11/11/2004
Location: MAC Play
Post Count: 7,058

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Arizona Bowl Game Thread: Wyoming
   Posted: 12/28/2022 10:21:10 PM 

 


Follow Ohio Football recruiting on the BobcatAttack.com football recruiting database.

Back to Top
  
Chuck_IV
General User

Member Since: 1/20/2005
Location: Connecticut
Post Count: 197

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Arizona Bowl Game Thread: Wyoming
   Posted: 12/29/2022 4:09:20 PM 
Wow, this game isn't on cable/broadcast TV like ESPN/ESPN2 or something?

Why did wee take this bowl again? I guess the payout was good but we are losing out on TV exposure.


Class of 88

Back to Top
  
TheBobcatBandit
General User



Member Since: 8/25/2013
Post Count: 572

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Arizona Bowl Game Thread: Wyoming
   Posted: 12/29/2022 4:15:25 PM 
https://twitter.com/barstoolazbowl/status/160856391158192...
Back to Top
  
M.D.W.S.T
General User



Member Since: 12/23/2021
Post Count: 419

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Arizona Bowl Game Thread: Wyoming
   Posted: 12/29/2022 4:25:23 PM 
Trevor Stephens wrote:
Bowl Week Press Conferences:

Ohio: https://youtu.be/ECEMoXFaPPA

Wyoming: https://gowyo.com/news/2022/12/28/football-arizona-bowl-p...


Why are Kurtis and Keye the two player reps?

Would liked to see Sam + CJ + Sieh + Torrie out there, not two injured players who won't even be in the game.
Back to Top
  
crackerbaby00
General User

Member Since: 3/8/2007
Post Count: 435

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Arizona Bowl Game Thread: Wyoming
   Posted: 12/29/2022 4:50:59 PM 
Dave Portnoy sent out a tweet about hosting the bowl game 4 hours ago that already has 1.8M views. That is the type of reach that Barstool has.
Back to Top
  
Ted Thompson
Administrator



Member Since: 11/11/2004
Location: MAC Play
Post Count: 7,058

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Arizona Bowl Game Thread: Wyoming
   Posted: 12/29/2022 5:31:47 PM 

 


Follow Ohio Football recruiting on the BobcatAttack.com football recruiting database.

Back to Top
  
M.D.W.S.T
General User



Member Since: 12/23/2021
Post Count: 419

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Arizona Bowl Game Thread: Wyoming
   Posted: 12/29/2022 5:35:18 PM 
Chuck_IV wrote:
Wow, this game isn't on cable/broadcast TV like ESPN/ESPN2 or something?

Why did wee take this bowl again? I guess the payout was good but we are losing out on TV exposure.


crackerbaby00 wrote:
Dave Portnoy sent out a tweet about hosting the bowl game 4 hours ago that already has 1.8M views. That is the type of reach that Barstool has.


They put out a video with CJ and a couple other OU football players about an hour ago that already has over 600K views.
https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cmw42QypiK4 /

The bowl announcement has nearly 1M on instagram alone. Another 300K on twitter.

Boomers will continue to rage, but ESPN2 on Tuesday afternoon isn't getting that reach. I believe their most viewed game this year was about 260,000.

Last Edited: 12/29/2022 5:41:19 PM by M.D.W.S.T

Back to Top
  
randy
General User

Member Since: 2/23/2005
Location: along the green river, OH
Post Count: 212

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Arizona Bowl Game Thread: Wyoming
   Posted: 12/29/2022 6:59:36 PM 
This is more than likely the most confident I have felt going into any game this season.. please don't jinx.. I could not be happier for this team! Regardless of what happens tomorrow the players, from 00-99, have had an impact this year. Those 2 a days, countless hours in the weight room, and just young men adjusting to adult life and building comraderie have paid off. Hats off to ALL the coaching staff and their families! Done gushing.. Go Cats!

Last Edited: 12/29/2022 7:08:39 PM by randy

Back to Top
  
Mark Lembright '85
General User

Member Since: 8/22/2010
Location: Lyndhurst, OH
Post Count: 2,437

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Arizona Bowl Game Thread: Wyoming
   Posted: 12/29/2022 8:26:23 PM 
randy wrote:
This is more than likely the most confident I have felt going into any game this season.. please don't jinx.. I could not be happier for this team! Regardless of what happens tomorrow the players, from 00-99, have had an impact this year. Those 2 a days, countless hours in the weight room, and just young men adjusting to adult life and building comraderie have paid off. Hats off to ALL the coaching staff and their families! Done gushing.. Go Cats!


Couldn’t agree more! Bobcats are winners regardless of how the game turns out. OU OH YEAH!! GO Bobcats!!!!!!!

Back to Top
  
Ryan Carey
Site Programmer



Member Since: 11/11/2004
Post Count: 924

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Arizona Bowl Game Thread: Wyoming
   Posted: 12/29/2022 9:18:08 PM 
M.D.W.S.T wrote:


They put out a video with CJ and a couple other OU football players about an hour ago that already has over 600K views.
https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cmw42QypiK4 /



Really fun video. Closing in on 30,000 likes and a million views. The bowl game is definitely getting attention online from the perfect audience to showcase Ohio University to. Ideally we'd get the best of both worlds and have barstool do the game AND have it shown on a broadcast station. Having said that, I do expect viewership to be as good, if not better than the other MAC bowl games.


Ryan M. Carey
BBA 2001

Back to Top
  
Andrew Ruck
General User



Member Since: 12/22/2004
Location: Columbus, OH
Post Count: 4,149

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Arizona Bowl Game Thread: Wyoming
   Posted: 12/30/2022 8:50:31 AM 
M.D.W.S.T wrote:

Boomers will continue to rage, but ESPN2 on Tuesday afternoon isn't getting that reach. I believe their most viewed game this year was about 260,000.


Uhh what? Might want to fact check that number.


Andrew Ruck
B.B.A. 2003

Back to Top
  
ou79
General User

Member Since: 12/20/2004
Post Count: 635

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Arizona Bowl Game Thread: Wyoming
   Posted: 12/30/2022 10:45:47 AM 
Okay, here are some questions for anyone who knows the answers. I have no idea that is why I am asking.

1. Is the payout for this game truly $350,000 total, is that split between Wyoming and Ohio and if split who gets what amount?

2. Is the entire 110 going, are we taking a "scaled down" version, or no band at all? Also, if the 110 is going who is picking up the tab and did they bus or fly?

3. How are ticket sales going in general and Ohio ticket sales in particular?

4. How was the Bobcat Bash/Pep Rally last night?

GO BOBCATS!
Back to Top
  
M.D.W.S.T
General User



Member Since: 12/23/2021
Post Count: 419

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Arizona Bowl Game Thread: Wyoming
   Posted: 12/30/2022 10:58:56 AM 
Andrew Ruck wrote:
M.D.W.S.T wrote:

Boomers will continue to rage, but ESPN2 on Tuesday afternoon isn't getting that reach. I believe their most viewed game this year was about 260,000.


Uhh what? Might want to fact check that number.


You're right. It was actually 278K.

I stand corrected. Color me embarrassed for my egregious error.

Week 13: OU - BG: 229K
Week 12: OU - Ball State: 250K
Week 11: OU - Miami: 258K
Week 10: OU - Buffalo: 278K

https://www.sportsmediawatch.com/college-football-tv-ratings /
Back to Top
  
OhioCatFan
General User



Member Since: 12/20/2004
Location: Athens, OH
Post Count: 13,058

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Arizona Bowl Game Thread: Wyoming
   Posted: 12/30/2022 11:03:54 AM 
ou79 wrote:
Okay, here are some questions for anyone who knows the answers. I have no idea that is why I am asking.

1. Is the payout for this game truly $350,000 total, is that split between Wyoming and Ohio and if split who gets what amount?

2. Is the entire 110 going, are we taking a "scaled down" version, or no band at all? Also, if the 110 is going who is picking up the tab and did they bus or fly?

3. How are ticket sales going in general and Ohio ticket sales in particular?

4. How was the Bobcat Bash/Pep Rally last night?

GO BOBCATS!


I only know the answer to one of your questions. Unless things have changed recently, the payout money goes to the conference and is pooled with the rest of the bowl payout money and then redistributed to the schools that participated in bowls this year using some secret formula. At least that's what happened the last time I checked, which was in 2015. I'm sure BTC knows the current setup.

Last Edited: 12/30/2022 11:29:31 AM by OhioCatFan


"It is better to be an optimist and be proven a fool than to be a pessimist and be proven right."

Note: My avatar is the national colors of the 78th Ohio Veteran Volunteer Infantry, which are now preserved in a climate controlled vault at the Ohio History Connection. Learn more about the old 78th at: http://www.78ohio.org

Back to Top
  
OhioCatFan
General User



Member Since: 12/20/2004
Location: Athens, OH
Post Count: 13,058

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Arizona Bowl Game Thread: Wyoming
   Posted: 12/30/2022 11:28:07 AM 
Found this quote from Associated Commissioner Ken Mather in 2015:

" . . . [B]owl payouts for each team come to the MAC league office and are then pooled together, so the reported $100,000 payout for the Camellia Bowl (the lowest of all 40 bowl games) wouldn’t be OU’s payout."

So, I assume, unless BTC says differently, that that's what will happen this year.

This year MAC bowl payouts are, according to the CFP website:

Bahamas -- $225,000
Idaho -- $800,000
Boca Raton -- $900,000
Quick Lane -- $2,000,000
Camellia -- 308,000
Arizona -- 350,000

Total = $4,583,000

If split evenly among the six MAC bowl participants that would be $763,833 per school.


"It is better to be an optimist and be proven a fool than to be a pessimist and be proven right."

Note: My avatar is the national colors of the 78th Ohio Veteran Volunteer Infantry, which are now preserved in a climate controlled vault at the Ohio History Connection. Learn more about the old 78th at: http://www.78ohio.org

Back to Top
  
Showing Replies:  26 - 50  of 185 Posts
Jump to Page:  < Previous    1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8    Next >
View Other 'Ohio Football' Topics
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             







Copyright ©2023 BobcatAttack.com. All rights reserved.  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Use
Partner of USA TODAY Sports Digital Properties