Welcome Guest!
Create an Account
login email:
password:
site searchwhere to watchcontact usabout usadvertise with ushelp
Message Board

BobcatAttack.com Message Board
Ohio Football
Topic:  Nathan Rourke picked up by Pats

Topic:  Nathan Rourke picked up by Pats
Author
Message
Ted Thompson
Administrator



Member Since: 11/11/2004
Location: MAC Play
Post Count: 7,411

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  Nathan Rourke picked up by Pats
   Posted: 12/18/2023 4:59:38 PM 

 


Follow Ohio Football recruiting on the BobcatAttack.com football recruiting database.

Back to Top
  
cbarber357
General User

Member Since: 9/9/2012
Location: Pickerington, OH
Post Count: 748

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Nathan Rourke picked up by Pats
   Posted: 12/18/2023 6:01:23 PM 
Ted Thompson wrote:
The Patriots have claimed Nathan Rourke off waivers from the Jaguars, per https://twitter.com/TomPelissero?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw . https://t.co/B8AgRzeqdK&mdash ; Sportsnet (@Sportsnet) https://twitter.com/Sportsnet/status/1736862641245819240?...


Interesting move. He might legit start.
Back to Top
  
LuckySparrow
General User



Member Since: 10/15/2012
Location: Illinois
Post Count: 1,722

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Nathan Rourke picked up by Pats
   Posted: 12/18/2023 6:43:19 PM 
Fascinating. One has to think he was gobbled up quickly since wouldn't the Pats be at the top of the waiver order?


What a day at the Convo.....Wow!

Back to Top
  
colobobcat66
General User

Member Since: 9/1/2006
Location: Watching the bobcats run outside my window., CO
Post Count: 4,168

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Nathan Rourke picked up by Pats
   Posted: 12/18/2023 7:02:46 PM 
LuckySparrow wrote:
Fascinating. One has to think he was gobbled up quickly since wouldn't the Pats be at the top of the waiver order?


Their number 3 qb is out so it probably doesnt mean much.
Back to Top
  
MonroeClassmate
General User

Member Since: 8/31/2010
Post Count: 2,010

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Nathan Rourke picked up by Pats
   Posted: 12/18/2023 7:45:12 PM 
Too bad, could have earned some play off bucks with the Jags; well at least one game's worth.

And very nice picture of the muscular Bobcat. Perhaps the Pat's will show him how they took a Kent QB and turned him into Super Bowl MVP?

Last Edited: 12/18/2023 7:47:20 PM by MonroeClassmate

Back to Top
  
M.D.W.S.T
General User



Member Since: 12/23/2021
Post Count: 1,837

Status: Online

  Message Not Read  RE: Nathan Rourke picked up by Pats
   Posted: 12/18/2023 7:50:00 PM 
Being a practice squad player would be tough. Do teams provide housing? Im guessing they think being on the team most people can afford an apartment but a week here, two weeks there, maybe get picked up by someone else next week. Thats tough on your mentals.
Back to Top
  
ChiCat2018
General User

Member Since: 8/27/2018
Post Count: 64

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Nathan Rourke picked up by Pats
   Posted: 12/18/2023 8:37:01 PM 
M.D.W.S.T wrote:
Being a practice squad player would be tough. Do teams provide housing? Im guessing they think being on the team most people can afford an apartment but a week here, two weeks there, maybe get picked up by someone else next week. Thats tough on your mentals.


They earn 12k a week - I think they'll be able to figure something out.
Back to Top
  
L.C.
General User

Member Since: 8/31/2005
Location: United States
Post Count: 10,080

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Nathan Rourke picked up by Pats
   Posted: 12/18/2023 10:44:39 PM 
LuckySparrow wrote:
Fascinating. One has to think he was gobbled up quickly since wouldn't the Pats be at the top of the waiver order?

This is a strange choice by the Patriots. Since Rourke won't know the offense, obviously he will be 3rd string, so I presume the next thing to happen will be that the Patriots will waive him, so as to move him to the practice squad. If they do, can Jacksonville claim him back?


We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak. ― Epictetus

Back to Top
  
Victory
General User

Member Since: 3/10/2012
Post Count: 1,903

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Nathan Rourke picked up by Pats
   Posted: 12/18/2023 11:21:47 PM 
L.C. wrote:
LuckySparrow wrote:
Fascinating. One has to think he was gobbled up quickly since wouldn't the Pats be at the top of the waiver order?

This is a strange choice by the Patriots. Since Rourke won't know the offense, obviously he will be 3rd string, so I presume the next thing to happen will be that the Patriots will waive him, so as to move him to the practice squad. If they do, can Jacksonville claim him back?



If they are willing to put him on the 53 man roster then I'd think yes. I don't know why they couldn't. But they haven't been willing to keep him on it unless Lawrence was nursing some kind of injury. To take him off the 53 man and put him back on to the practice squad they would have to pass him through waivers yet again.
Back to Top
  
WxM
General User

Member Since: 1/21/2020
Post Count: 177

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Nathan Rourke picked up by Pats
   Posted: 12/19/2023 12:04:24 AM 
L.C. wrote:
LuckySparrow wrote:
Fascinating. One has to think he was gobbled up quickly since wouldn't the Pats be at the top of the waiver order?

This is a strange choice by the Patriots. Since Rourke won't know the offense, obviously he will be 3rd string, so I presume the next thing to happen will be that the Patriots will waive him, so as to move him to the practice squad. If they do, can Jacksonville claim him back?


They needed somebody. They lost Malik Cunningham to the Ravens.

This is the part of the season where teams who are pretty much done competing use open roster spots to get a jump on picking up developmental players they like for next year. Evidently had a good grade on Rourke.
Back to Top
  
Scott Woods
General User

Member Since: 12/20/2004
Location: On the banks of the Ohio, OH
Post Count: 226

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Nathan Rourke picked up by Pats
   Posted: 12/19/2023 6:54:55 AM 
I don't pretend to know the NFL rules, but a couple of the articles I read mention that he will have to remain on the active roster for the rest of the season "per NFL's waiver rules."

https://www.si.com/cfl/fannation/news/former-cfl-qb-natha...

https://3downnation.com/2023/12/18/new-england-patriots-c... /


Religion morality and knowledge being necessary to good government and the happiness of mankind schools and the means of education shall forever be encouraged.

So enter that daily thou mayest grow in knowledge wisdom and love. So depart that daily thou mayest better serve thy fellowmen thy country and thy God.

Back to Top
  
L.C.
General User

Member Since: 8/31/2005
Location: United States
Post Count: 10,080

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Nathan Rourke picked up by Pats
   Posted: 12/19/2023 8:24:33 AM 
Scott Woods wrote:
I don't pretend to know the NFL rules, but a couple of the articles I read mention that he will have to remain on the active roster for the rest of the season "per NFL's waiver rules."

https://www.si.com/cfl/fannation/news/former-cfl-qb-natha...

https://3downnation.com/2023/12/18/new-england-patriots-c... /

OK, thanks. That clears it up nicely. Rourke will have to stay on the roster for the rest of the season, will get a nice bump in pay, and might even see the field. Let's hope the Pats do give Rourke a little time on the field, and we get to see a bit of Nathan being Nathan. ;)


We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak. ― Epictetus

Back to Top
  
allen
General User

Member Since: 1/24/2006
Post Count: 4,630

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Nathan Rourke picked up by Pats
   Posted: 12/22/2023 8:20:16 PM 
The Texans put in a claim for Nathan Rourke as well. He seems to be a hot commodity. https://x.com/FieldYates/status/1737085496730292266?s=20

Field Yates
@FieldYates
The Texans joined the Patriots in putting in a claim on QB Nathan Rourke yesterday, but New England had higher priority.

Both the Bengals and Browns put in a claim on new Texans DT Teair Tart, with Houston having top priority.

Last Edited: 12/22/2023 8:21:33 PM by allen


Nobody despises to lose more than I do. That's got me into trouble over the years, but it also made a man of mediocre ability into a pretty good coach. Woody Hayes

Back to Top
  
L.C.
General User

Member Since: 8/31/2005
Location: United States
Post Count: 10,080

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Nathan Rourke picked up by Pats (NT)
   Posted: 12/24/2023 2:59:13 PM 

Last Edited: 12/25/2023 3:01:24 AM by L.C.


We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak. ― Epictetus

Back to Top
  
M.D.W.S.T
General User



Member Since: 12/23/2021
Post Count: 1,837

Status: Online

  Message Not Read  RE: Nathan Rourke picked up by Pats
   Posted: 12/26/2023 1:58:35 PM 
allen wrote:
The Texans put in a claim for Nathan Rourke as well. He seems to be a hot commodity. https://x.com/FieldYates/status/1737085496730292266?s=20

Field Yates
@FieldYates
The Texans joined the Patriots in putting in a claim on QB Nathan Rourke yesterday, but New England had higher priority.

Both the Bengals and Browns put in a claim on new Texans DT Teair Tart, with Houston having top priority.


Ohhh man.... the ink wouldn't be able to dry before I had the custom Rourke Browns jersey coming straight from China.
Back to Top
  
IceCat76
General User

Member Since: 12/5/2016
Location: Byfield, MA
Post Count: 249

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Nathan Rourke picked up by Pats
   Posted: 1/7/2024 3:59:04 PM 
Nathan is on the active roster today as QB2. Mac Jones is the emergency QB.
Pre-game show talking they may give a few snaps to Nathan
Back to Top
  
M.D.W.S.T
General User



Member Since: 12/23/2021
Post Count: 1,837

Status: Online

  Message Not Read  RE: Nathan Rourke picked up by Pats
   Posted: 1/7/2024 4:07:09 PM 
IceCat76 wrote:
Nathan is on the active roster today as QB2. Mac Jones is the emergency QB.
Pre-game show talking they may give a few snaps to Nathan


Game just ended.

Not in the box score.
Back to Top
  
mid70sbobcat
General User

Member Since: 12/20/2004
Post Count: 656

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Nathan Rourke picked up by Pats
   Posted: 1/8/2024 10:06:08 PM 
https://dailyhive.com/vancouver/rourke-more-money-nfl-any...
Back to Top
  
Victory
General User

Member Since: 3/10/2012
Post Count: 1,903

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Nathan Rourke picked up by Pats
   Posted: 1/9/2024 8:57:55 AM 
mid70sbobcat wrote:
https://dailyhive.com/vancouver/rourke-more-money-nfl-any...


I saw this but, as it says, Rourke himself might have been the highest payed player in the CFL had he stayed. He also might have had some endorsement money coming as probably the most popular player in the CFL but a lot of CFL fans are interested in his NFL chances anyway. I'd guess that he lost a tiny bit on the move but it is hard for us to know. He's competitive and wants a chance at competing at the highest level. Also, the upside of playing in the NFL financially is obviously worth the risk. If he catches the right breaks maybe he's the next Brock Purdy. Unlikely but possible. Even if he is thinking that there is a chance that he might have more in the CFL overall counting possible endorsements I seriously doubt he regrets anything.
Back to Top
  
M.D.W.S.T
General User



Member Since: 12/23/2021
Post Count: 1,837

Status: Online

  Message Not Read  RE: Nathan Rourke picked up by Pats
   Posted: 1/9/2024 9:54:23 AM 
Victory wrote:
mid70sbobcat wrote:
https://dailyhive.com/vancouver/rourke-more-money-nfl-any...


I saw this but, as it says, Rourke himself might have been the highest payed player in the CFL had he stayed. He also might have had some endorsement money coming as probably the most popular player in the CFL but a lot of CFL fans are interested in his NFL chances anyway. I'd guess that he lost a tiny bit on the move but it is hard for us to know. He's competitive and wants a chance at competing at the highest level. Also, the upside of playing in the NFL financially is obviously worth the risk. If he catches the right breaks maybe he's the next Brock Purdy. Unlikely but possible. Even if he is thinking that there is a chance that he might have more in the CFL overall counting possible endorsements I seriously doubt he regrets anything.


The Patriots robbed us of watching Rourke in Cleveland for that last game, just so he could sit the bench.
Back to Top
  
Pete Chouteau
General User



Member Since: 11/17/2004
Location: Nowinsky Country
Post Count: 1,615

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Nathan Rourke picked up by Pats
   Posted: 1/17/2024 3:50:28 PM 
He got paid more and took no contact since August.

THAT'S winning.
Back to Top
  
Taiwan BC
General User

Member Since: 12/20/2004
Location: Kaohsiung
Post Count: 473

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Nathan Rourke picked up by Pats
   Posted: 3/2/2024 5:15:46 AM 
Not sure the details but according to Twitt----er, I mean X, he was resigned recently. ;)

Go Bobcats!
Back to Top
  
colobobcat66
General User

Member Since: 9/1/2006
Location: Watching the bobcats run outside my window., CO
Post Count: 4,168

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Nathan Rourke picked up by Pats
   Posted: 3/2/2024 12:06:28 PM 
Taiwan BC wrote:
Not sure the details but according to Twitt----er, I mean X, he was resigned recently. ;)

Go Bobcats!


915,000 is pretty good
Back to Top
  
JimLurker34
General User

Member Since: 12/7/2023
Location: McArthur, OH
Post Count: 157

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Nathan Rourke picked up by Pats
   Posted: 3/3/2024 9:33:20 AM 
colobobcat66 wrote:
Taiwan BC wrote:
Not sure the details but according to Twitt----er, I mean X, he was resigned recently. ;)

Go Bobcats!


915,000 is pretty good


League minimum, I think.
Back to Top
  
cbarber357
General User

Member Since: 9/9/2012
Location: Pickerington, OH
Post Count: 748

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Nathan Rourke picked up by Pats
   Posted: 3/3/2024 8:22:45 PM 
JimLurker34 wrote:
colobobcat66 wrote:
Taiwan BC wrote:
Not sure the details but according to Twitt----er, I mean X, he was resigned recently. ;)

Go Bobcats!


915,000 is pretty good


League minimum, I think.


1 Year player minimum is $870K
Back to Top
  
Showing Replies:  1 - 25  of 71 Posts
Jump to Page:  1 | 2 | 3    Next >
View Other 'Ohio Football' Topics
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             







Copyright ©2024 BobcatAttack.com. All rights reserved.  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Use
Partner of USA TODAY Sports Digital Properties