Welcome Guest!
Create an Account
login email:
password:
site searchwhere to watchcontact usabout usadvertise with ushelp
Message Board

BobcatAttack.com Message Board
Ohio Olympic Sports/Other Sports
Topic:  Ohio softball

Topic:  Ohio softball
Author
Message
UpSan Bobcat
General User



Member Since: 8/30/2005
Location: Upper Sandusky, OH
Post Count: 3,745

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  Ohio softball
   Posted: 4/13/2022 3:00:10 PM 
The Bobcats are 15-18 overall but 9-5 in the MAC, good for second place right now. They had an eight-game winning streak before Ball State rallied for a 5-4 win in the finale of their series Monday. Ohio has a big series this weekend against Central Michigan (8-5 MAC). The final four series are against the bottom four teams in the MAC, so the Bobcats have an excellent chance to improve their hold on a tournament spot, especially if they can win this weekend's series. Miami (12-2 MAC) is in first, with both losses to Ohio. The RedHawks have a much more difficult remaining schedule, so perhaps the Bobcats can even make up the deficit for the regular season title.

Ohio has been very productive offensively this year, batting over .300 in MAC play. Pitching has been in the middle of the league, but again, the Bobcats are closing against some weak-hitting teams, so that should improve.
Back to Top
  
UpSan Bobcat
General User



Member Since: 8/30/2005
Location: Upper Sandusky, OH
Post Count: 3,745

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Ohio softball
   Posted: 4/25/2022 1:35:22 PM 
Ohio took two of three from Central Michigan, won two against Kent State (first game was canceled) and lost two of three against Northern Illinois. That puts the Bobcats at 20-21 overall and 14-8 in the MAC, percentage points behind Central Michigan (13-7) for second. More importantly, Ohio is 1 1/2 games up on fifth-place Bowling Green (11-8). With three games at Toledo (3-18 MAC) on May 3-4 and then three home games against Western Michigan (7-13 MAC) on May 7-8, the Bobcats still are in a good position to hold a tournament spot.
Back to Top
  
UpSan Bobcat
General User



Member Since: 8/30/2005
Location: Upper Sandusky, OH
Post Count: 3,745

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Ohio softball
   Posted: 5/9/2022 7:56:23 AM 
Ohio was able to secure the #2 seed in a tight finish for 2-4 after #1 seed Miami (36-15, 24-5 MAC), who gets to host the tournament. #2 Ohio (23-23, 17-10 MAC) plays #3 Central Michigan (26-24, 17-11 MAC) at 1 p.m. Thursday. Miami follows against #4 Bowling Green (30-17, 16-11 MAC). The rest of the double-elimination tournament, with the exception of the championship game(s) is Friday. Miami clearly separated itself as the best in the MAC but the good news is Ohio did win two of three during the season.
Back to Top
  
OhioCatFan
General User



Member Since: 12/20/2004
Location: Athens, OH
Post Count: 12,433

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Ohio softball
   Posted: 5/9/2022 10:55:37 AM 
UpSan Bobcat wrote:
Ohio was able to secure the #2 seed in a tight finish for 2-4 after #1 seed Miami (36-15, 24-5 MAC), who gets to host the tournament. #2 Ohio (23-23, 17-10 MAC) plays #3 Central Michigan (26-24, 17-11 MAC) at 1 p.m. Thursday. Miami follows against #4 Bowling Green (30-17, 16-11 MAC). The rest of the double-elimination tournament, with the exception of the championship game(s) is Friday. Miami clearly separated itself as the best in the MAC but the good news is Ohio did win two of three during the season.


Any ESPN+ coverage of these games?


"It is better to be an optimist and be proven a fool than to be a pessimist and be proven right."

Note: My avatar is the national colors of the 78th Ohio Veteran Volunteer Infantry, which are now preserved in a climate controlled vault at the Ohio History Connection. Learn more about the old 78th at: http://www.78ohio.org

Back to Top
  
UpSan Bobcat
General User



Member Since: 8/30/2005
Location: Upper Sandusky, OH
Post Count: 3,745

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Ohio softball
   Posted: 5/10/2022 1:20:51 PM 
OhioCatFan wrote:
UpSan Bobcat wrote:
Ohio was able to secure the #2 seed in a tight finish for 2-4 after #1 seed Miami (36-15, 24-5 MAC), who gets to host the tournament. #2 Ohio (23-23, 17-10 MAC) plays #3 Central Michigan (26-24, 17-11 MAC) at 1 p.m. Thursday. Miami follows against #4 Bowling Green (30-17, 16-11 MAC). The rest of the double-elimination tournament, with the exception of the championship game(s) is Friday. Miami clearly separated itself as the best in the MAC but the good news is Ohio did win two of three during the season.


Any ESPN+ coverage of these games?


It appears at least the first round of the tournament is on ESPN+. I'd guess links for the other games will be posted after the matchups are set.
Back to Top
  
OhioCatFan
General User



Member Since: 12/20/2004
Location: Athens, OH
Post Count: 12,433

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Ohio softball
   Posted: 5/10/2022 3:48:01 PM 
UpSan Bobcat wrote:
OhioCatFan wrote:
UpSan Bobcat wrote:
Ohio was able to secure the #2 seed in a tight finish for 2-4 after #1 seed Miami (36-15, 24-5 MAC), who gets to host the tournament. #2 Ohio (23-23, 17-10 MAC) plays #3 Central Michigan (26-24, 17-11 MAC) at 1 p.m. Thursday. Miami follows against #4 Bowling Green (30-17, 16-11 MAC). The rest of the double-elimination tournament, with the exception of the championship game(s) is Friday. Miami clearly separated itself as the best in the MAC but the good news is Ohio did win two of three during the season.


Any ESPN+ coverage of these games?


It appears at least the first round of the tournament is on ESPN+. I'd guess links for the other games will be posted after the matchups are set.


Thanks, I'll try to watch that first round game.


"It is better to be an optimist and be proven a fool than to be a pessimist and be proven right."

Note: My avatar is the national colors of the 78th Ohio Veteran Volunteer Infantry, which are now preserved in a climate controlled vault at the Ohio History Connection. Learn more about the old 78th at: http://www.78ohio.org

Back to Top
  
UpSan Bobcat
General User



Member Since: 8/30/2005
Location: Upper Sandusky, OH
Post Count: 3,745

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Ohio softball
   Posted: 5/14/2022 9:33:23 PM 
Ohio was 0-2 in the MAC tournament, losing in the first round to #3 Central Michigan 7-1 and then in the elimination game 5-3 in 10 innings to #4 Bowling Green. That one was a bummer. Ohio hit a 2-run home run to take the lead but gave up a solo home run in the top of the 7th. Bobcats had multiple good scoring chances to walk off winners but didn't get it done. The Bobcats were a really good hitting team throughout the year but good tournament pitching slowed them a lot. BG went on to beat Central Michigan 1-0 but then lost 11-0 to Miami.

It was a good year for the Bobcats nonetheless, and next year could be good too. They have a lot of good, young players and only a couple of players who have exhausted their eligibility. Both pitchers were seniors but could return. That's where Ohio has to get better.
Back to Top
  
Showing Replies:  1 - 7  of 7 Posts
Jump to Page:  1
View Other 'Ohio Olympic Sports/Other Sports' Topics
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             





Copyright ©2022 BobcatAttack.com. All rights reserved.  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Use
Partner of USA TODAY Sports Digital Properties