Welcome Guest!
Create an Account
login email:
password:
site searchwhere to watchcontact usabout usadvertise with ushelp
Message Board

BobcatAttack.com Message Board
Ohio Basketball Recruiting
Topic:  RE: 2022 6'3" SG Elmore James IV (Cleveland Brush HS, OH) - Ohio Commit

Topic:  RE: 2022 6'3" SG Elmore James IV (Cleveland Brush HS, OH) - Ohio Commit
Author
Message
BobcatWarrior
General User

Member Since: 11/4/2010
Post Count: 22

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2022 6'3" SG Elmore James IV (Cleveland Brush HS, OH) - Ohio Commit
   Posted: 1/17/2022 7:47:00 AM 
That is a good question. In last night's game, Brush looked inside often to Woolfolk (Rutgers) and Williams (junior who will go high Division 1..would be a nice get if we could get him). Gahanna countered with Javon Simmons (Toledo commit who will give us trouble in MAC..really athletic and talented on glass and defensively) and Josh Whiteside (who was also strong inside and we have offered). It was crazy seeing 4 D1 guys battle inside.

Woolfolk is huge..a legit 6'7 250. Good footwork and touch around rim. Reminds me of a more athletic Ed Sears. Was high Division 1 football recruit. Will need development to play Big 10 paint game.

James is hard to compare. He is a true physical specimen for a hs senior guard. Is so strong and quick getting to basket. That translates to next level. His shot surprised me...real nice rotation and form..feet just a bit crooked. If his handle was a bit better and he had a pullup game (he might have that...just didn't see it) he would easily be a high Division 1.

Both have development, but James seems more ready to me. I think we got a really good one!

Back to Top
  
FearLeon
General User



Member Since: 3/12/2005
Post Count: 2,857

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2022 6'3" SG Elmore James IV (Cleveland Brush HS, OH) - Ohio Commit
   Posted: 1/17/2022 4:29:58 PM 
BobcatWarrior wrote:
That is a good question. In last night's game, Brush looked inside often to Woolfolk (Rutgers) and Williams (junior who will go high Division 1..would be a nice get if we could get him). Gahanna countered with Javon Simmons (Toledo commit who will give us trouble in MAC..really athletic and talented on glass and defensively) and Josh Whiteside (who was also strong inside and we have offered). It was crazy seeing 4 D1 guys battle inside.

Woolfolk is huge..a legit 6'7 250. Good footwork and touch around rim. Reminds me of a more athletic Ed Sears. Was high Division 1 football recruit. Will need development to play Big 10 paint game.

James is hard to compare. He is a true physical specimen for a hs senior guard. Is so strong and quick getting to basket. That translates to next level. His shot surprised me...real nice rotation and form..feet just a bit crooked. If his handle was a bit better and he had a pullup game (he might have that...just didn't see it) he would easily be a high Division 1.

Both have development, but James seems more ready to me. I think we got a really good one!



Great analysis warrior. Hope to see you posting more.




#BleedGreen #TrentIsGOAT

Back to Top
  
Ted Thompson
Administrator



Member Since: 11/11/2004
Location: MAC Play
Post Count: 6,856

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2022 6'3" SG Elmore James IV (Cleveland Brush HS, OH) - Ohio Commit
   Posted: 1/19/2022 9:37:51 AM 

 


Follow Ohio Football recruiting on the BobcatAttack.com football recruiting database.

Back to Top
  
Bobcat1998
General User

Member Since: 11/7/2012
Post Count: 1,855

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2022 6'3" SG Elmore James IV (Cleveland Brush HS, OH) - Ohio Commit
   Posted: 1/19/2022 4:18:44 PM 
This kid is a straight up man. Boals is excellent at player development but if you look, his recruits are defensive-minded with great IQ. I am super excited to see all four guys come in next year. I believe James and Brown will be instant-impact players and Sheldon looks like Schmock but a few inches taller.
Back to Top
  
FearLeon
General User



Member Since: 3/12/2005
Post Count: 2,857

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2022 6'3" SG Elmore James IV (Cleveland Brush HS, OH) - Ohio Commit
   Posted: 1/19/2022 7:50:53 PM 
Bobcat1998 wrote:
This kid is a straight up man. Boals is excellent at player development but if you look, his recruits are defensive-minded with great IQ. I am super excited to see all four guys come in next year. I believe James and Brown will be instant-impact players and Sheldon looks like Schmock but a few inches taller.


Elmore James has looked college ready for two years now. He's a man. That coach at Brush is amazing. The Trent/Terry/Johnson/Kent class was fantastic. However, James/Brown/Hadaway/Sheldon could go down as one of the all-time great classes. Dare to dream.


#BleedGreen #TrentIsGOAT

Back to Top
  
Cellis033
General User



Member Since: 11/11/2021
Location: Powell, OH
Post Count: 856

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2022 6'3" SG Elmore James IV (Cleveland Brush HS, OH) - Ohio Commit
   Posted: 1/19/2022 8:15:46 PM 
FearLeon wrote:
Bobcat1998 wrote:
This kid is a straight up man. Boals is excellent at player development but if you look, his recruits are defensive-minded with great IQ. I am super excited to see all four guys come in next year. I believe James and Brown will be instant-impact players and Sheldon looks like Schmock but a few inches taller.


Elmore James has looked college ready for two years now. He's a man. That coach at Brush is amazing. The Trent/Terry/Johnson/Kent class was fantastic. However, James/Brown/Hadaway/Sheldon could go down as one of the all-time great classes. Dare to dream.



This class could potentially be up with those guys. Funny thing, My father played against Jason Terry in high school and he was a legit player then.


Chase
OU Engineering Technology and Management '24
O-Zone Leader
Bringing the noise!

Muck Fiami
Kent read, Kent write, Can't be a state!
Bowling Green isn't a state either.

Back to Top
  
FearLeon
General User



Member Since: 3/12/2005
Post Count: 2,857

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2022 6'3" SG Elmore James IV (Cleveland Brush HS, OH) - Ohio Commit
   Posted: 1/19/2022 11:29:15 PM 
Cellis033 wrote:
FearLeon wrote:
Bobcat1998 wrote:
This kid is a straight up man. Boals is excellent at player development but if you look, his recruits are defensive-minded with great IQ. I am super excited to see all four guys come in next year. I believe James and Brown will be instant-impact players and Sheldon looks like Schmock but a few inches taller.


Elmore James has looked college ready for two years now. He's a man. That coach at Brush is amazing. The Trent/Terry/Johnson/Kent class was fantastic. However, James/Brown/Hadaway/Sheldon could go down as one of the all-time great classes. Dare to dream.



This class could potentially be up with those guys. Funny thing, My father played against Jason Terry in high school and he was a legit player then.


Wow...great story Cellis. Was lucky to be a senior at Ohio for Trent/Terry freshman year. Always thought Terry had a chance at the NBA if he just could have been more aggressive. He had the size. Jason Kent is forgotten. He transferred after his first year, but he was extremely athletic. Could jump out of the gym.




#BleedGreen #TrentIsGOAT

Back to Top
  
Cellis033
General User



Member Since: 11/11/2021
Location: Powell, OH
Post Count: 856

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2022 6'3" SG Elmore James IV (Cleveland Brush HS, OH) - Ohio Commit
   Posted: 1/20/2022 11:38:48 AM 
FearLeon wrote:
Cellis033 wrote:
FearLeon wrote:
Bobcat1998 wrote:
This kid is a straight up man. Boals is excellent at player development but if you look, his recruits are defensive-minded with great IQ. I am super excited to see all four guys come in next year. I believe James and Brown will be instant-impact players and Sheldon looks like Schmock but a few inches taller.


Elmore James has looked college ready for two years now. He's a man. That coach at Brush is amazing. The Trent/Terry/Johnson/Kent class was fantastic. However, James/Brown/Hadaway/Sheldon could go down as one of the all-time great classes. Dare to dream.



This class could potentially be up with those guys. Funny thing, My father played against Jason Terry in high school and he was a legit player then.


Wow...great story Cellis. Was lucky to be a senior at Ohio for Trent/Terry freshman year. Always thought Terry had a chance at the NBA if he just could have been more aggressive. He had the size. Jason Kent is forgotten. He transferred after his first year, but he was extremely athletic. Could jump out of the gym.





I agree, big what if for Terry if he would have been more brash and aggressive. My dad played for Wheelersburg while Terry played for Sparta Highland I believe. They met in the 1990 state semis if I remember correctly but Wheelersburg lost to them. I remember in high school finding my dad's athletic scholarship offers and he was actually offered by OU and Larry Hunter to play basketball but he ultimately chose to play baseball at Ohio State.

Where did Kent end up?


Chase
OU Engineering Technology and Management '24
O-Zone Leader
Bringing the noise!

Muck Fiami
Kent read, Kent write, Can't be a state!
Bowling Green isn't a state either.

Back to Top
  
FearLeon
General User



Member Since: 3/12/2005
Post Count: 2,857

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2022 6'3" SG Elmore James IV (Cleveland Brush HS, OH) - Ohio Commit
   Posted: 1/20/2022 12:08:49 PM 
Cellis033 wrote:
FearLeon wrote:
Cellis033 wrote:
FearLeon wrote:
Bobcat1998 wrote:
This kid is a straight up man. Boals is excellent at player development but if you look, his recruits are defensive-minded with great IQ. I am super excited to see all four guys come in next year. I believe James and Brown will be instant-impact players and Sheldon looks like Schmock but a few inches taller.


Elmore James has looked college ready for two years now. He's a man. That coach at Brush is amazing. The Trent/Terry/Johnson/Kent class was fantastic. However, James/Brown/Hadaway/Sheldon could go down as one of the all-time great classes. Dare to dream.



This class could potentially be up with those guys. Funny thing, My father played against Jason Terry in high school and he was a legit player then.


Wow...great story Cellis. Was lucky to be a senior at Ohio for Trent/Terry freshman year. Always thought Terry had a chance at the NBA if he just could have been more aggressive. He had the size. Jason Kent is forgotten. He transferred after his first year, but he was extremely athletic. Could jump out of the gym.





I agree, big what if for Terry if he would have been more brash and aggressive. My dad played for Wheelersburg while Terry played for Sparta Highland I believe. They met in the 1990 state semis if I remember correctly but Wheelersburg lost to them. I remember in high school finding my dad's athletic scholarship offers and he was actually offered by OU and Larry Hunter to play basketball but he ultimately chose to play baseball at Ohio State.

Where did Kent end up?


Good stuff. Kent transferred to University of Charleston in WV. Same school that Jamerson scored 60 points on in 1989. Looks like Kent has had a pretty successful career as a coach on various levels and mentoring hoops players on junior level.


#BleedGreen #TrentIsGOAT

Back to Top
  
Cellis033
General User



Member Since: 11/11/2021
Location: Powell, OH
Post Count: 856

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2022 6'3" SG Elmore James IV (Cleveland Brush HS, OH) - Ohio Commit
   Posted: 1/20/2022 2:26:17 PM 
FearLeon wrote:
Cellis033 wrote:
FearLeon wrote:
Cellis033 wrote:
FearLeon wrote:
Bobcat1998 wrote:
This kid is a straight up man. Boals is excellent at player development but if you look, his recruits are defensive-minded with great IQ. I am super excited to see all four guys come in next year. I believe James and Brown will be instant-impact players and Sheldon looks like Schmock but a few inches taller.


Elmore James has looked college ready for two years now. He's a man. That coach at Brush is amazing. The Trent/Terry/Johnson/Kent class was fantastic. However, James/Brown/Hadaway/Sheldon could go down as one of the all-time great classes. Dare to dream.



This class could potentially be up with those guys. Funny thing, My father played against Jason Terry in high school and he was a legit player then.


Wow...great story Cellis. Was lucky to be a senior at Ohio for Trent/Terry freshman year. Always thought Terry had a chance at the NBA if he just could have been more aggressive. He had the size. Jason Kent is forgotten. He transferred after his first year, but he was extremely athletic. Could jump out of the gym.





I agree, big what if for Terry if he would have been more brash and aggressive. My dad played for Wheelersburg while Terry played for Sparta Highland I believe. They met in the 1990 state semis if I remember correctly but Wheelersburg lost to them. I remember in high school finding my dad's athletic scholarship offers and he was actually offered by OU and Larry Hunter to play basketball but he ultimately chose to play baseball at Ohio State.

Where did Kent end up?


Good stuff. Kent transferred to University of Charleston in WV. Same school that Jamerson scored 60 points on in 1989. Looks like Kent has had a pretty successful career as a coach on various levels and mentoring hoops players on junior level.



Ah, that's good he turned out ok. We could have a very promising lineup in a year if BVP decides to stay and we get Hathaway / Sheldon / James III / Brown as reinforcements.


Chase
OU Engineering Technology and Management '24
O-Zone Leader
Bringing the noise!

Muck Fiami
Kent read, Kent write, Can't be a state!
Bowling Green isn't a state either.

Back to Top
  
Kevin Finnegan
General User

Member Since: 2/4/2005
Location: Rockton, IL
Post Count: 923

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2022 6'3" SG Elmore James IV (Cleveland Brush HS, OH) - Ohio Commit
   Posted: 1/21/2022 1:16:20 PM 
FearLeon wrote:


Elmore James has looked college ready for two years now. He's a man. That coach at Brush is amazing. The Trent/Terry/Johnson/Kent class was fantastic. However, James/Brown/Hadaway/Sheldon could go down as one of the all-time great classes. Dare to dream.



I'm really excited for this class, but I'm partial to the Cooper/Keely/Baltic/Kinney class. This class produced three tourney wins, which is quite impressive. We didn't get much chance to see James Kinney, but he definitely showed promise, including a 23 point game in only his second collegiate game against North Carolina A & T. When he transferred to San Jose, he averaged 15.8 and 20.4 ppg in the WAC.
Back to Top
  
Andrew Ruck
General User



Member Since: 12/22/2004
Location: Columbus, OH
Post Count: 3,862

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2022 6'3" SG Elmore James IV (Cleveland Brush HS, OH) - Ohio Commit
   Posted: 1/21/2022 1:23:54 PM 
Given Ivo's fading (literally) performance the 2nd half of his career, I am not sure that class really holds up as a group. Brandon Hunter / Steve Esterkamp / Patrick Flomo was pretty good, although littered with disappointing mediocrity and March heartbreak.


Andrew Ruck
B.B.A. 2003

Back to Top
  
bobcatsquared
General User

Member Since: 12/20/2004
Post Count: 3,995

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2022 6'3" SG Elmore James IV (Cleveland Brush HS, OH) - Ohio Commit
   Posted: 1/21/2022 2:01:54 PM 
I'll take the 1985 class with 2 future NBA draft picks - Dave Jamerson and Snoopy Graham.-
Back to Top
  
Mike Coleman
Administrator



Member Since: 12/21/2004
Location: Near the Pristine Sandy Shores of Lake Erie, OH
Post Count: 1,216

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2022 6'3" SG Elmore James IV (Cleveland Brush HS, OH) - Ohio Commit
   Posted: 2/2/2022 10:16:05 AM 
Big test tonight
https://twitter.com/neozonehs/status/1488839657244741632?...
Back to Top
  
Mike Coleman
Administrator



Member Since: 12/21/2004
Location: Near the Pristine Sandy Shores of Lake Erie, OH
Post Count: 1,216

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2022 6'3" SG Elmore James IV (Cleveland Brush HS, OH) - Ohio Commit
   Posted: 2/2/2022 11:18:43 AM 
bobcatsquared wrote:
I'll take the 1985 class with 2 future NBA draft picks - Dave Jamerson and Snoopy Graham.-


I think George Reid filled out that class if I am not mistaken. If you look at school records, wins, and NBA careers, this take is hard to argue against.
Back to Top
  
FearLeon
General User



Member Since: 3/12/2005
Post Count: 2,857

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2022 6'3" SG Elmore James IV (Cleveland Brush HS, OH) - Ohio Commit
   Posted: 2/2/2022 10:22:29 PM 
Mike Coleman wrote:
Big test tonight
https://twitter.com/neozonehs/status/1488839657244741632?...


MVP 27 points.

Real.

Deal.

But we already knew that.




#BleedGreen #TrentIsGOAT

Back to Top
  
Cellis033
General User



Member Since: 11/11/2021
Location: Powell, OH
Post Count: 856

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2022 6'3" SG Elmore James IV (Cleveland Brush HS, OH) - Ohio Commit
   Posted: 2/2/2022 10:23:44 PM 
Mike Coleman wrote:
Big test tonight
https://twitter.com/neozonehs/status/1488839657244741632?...


27 points from Elmore tonight in a 72-65 Brush win!

Last Edited: 2/2/2022 10:24:03 PM by Cellis033


Chase
OU Engineering Technology and Management '24
O-Zone Leader
Bringing the noise!

Muck Fiami
Kent read, Kent write, Can't be a state!
Bowling Green isn't a state either.

Back to Top
  
Cellis033
General User



Member Since: 11/11/2021
Location: Powell, OH
Post Count: 856

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2022 6'3" SG Elmore James IV (Cleveland Brush HS, OH) - Ohio Commit
   Posted: 2/2/2022 10:29:46 PM 
FearLeon wrote:
Mike Coleman wrote:
Big test tonight
https://twitter.com/neozonehs/status/1488839657244741632?...


MVP 27 points.

Real.

Deal.

But we already knew that.





This dude is going to be a straight up beast when he arrives next fall.


Chase
OU Engineering Technology and Management '24
O-Zone Leader
Bringing the noise!

Muck Fiami
Kent read, Kent write, Can't be a state!
Bowling Green isn't a state either.

Back to Top
  
Taiwan BC
General User

Member Since: 12/20/2004
Location: Kaohsiung
Post Count: 386

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2022 6'3" SG Elmore James IV (Cleveland Brush HS, OH) - Ohio Commit
   Posted: 2/3/2022 7:43:02 AM 
Nice write up and interview with Elmore about the game:
https://www.news-herald.com/2022/02/02/brush-vs-vertical-... /

Can't wait for him to suit up in the green and white...

Go Bobcats!
Back to Top
  
brucecuth
General User

Member Since: 12/21/2004
Post Count: 1,718

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2022 6'3" SG Elmore James IV (Cleveland Brush HS, OH) - Ohio Commit
   Posted: 2/3/2022 9:50:01 AM 
Mr. James rockin' his Bobcat hoodie following last night's win...

https://twitter.com/BHercikNH/status/1489092984440246272
Back to Top
  
BobcatWarrior
General User

Member Since: 11/4/2010
Post Count: 22

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2022 6'3" SG Elmore James IV (Cleveland Brush HS, OH) - Ohio Commit
   Posted: 2/3/2022 10:11:26 AM 
https://youtu.be/6bt3GfazAVA

I believe this is link to last night's Brush win over Vertical Academy. Elmore is #5 for Brush.
Back to Top
  
Cats5
General User

Member Since: 6/14/2017
Post Count: 585

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2022 6'3" SG Elmore James IV (Cleveland Brush HS, OH) - Ohio Commit
   Posted: 2/3/2022 10:44:13 AM 
Love how Elmore played great on ball defense. That's a huge plus for someone his size
Back to Top
  
Diamond Cat
General User



Member Since: 12/20/2004
Post Count: 760

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2022 6'3" SG Elmore James IV (Cleveland Brush HS, OH) - Ohio Commit
   Posted: 2/3/2022 11:51:10 AM 
I can't let my mind go there....OK just for a minute. Guard rotation next year! Who wants some of that? Nooooobody!
Back to Top
  
allen
General User

Member Since: 1/24/2006
Post Count: 4,613

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2022 6'3" SG Elmore James IV (Cleveland Brush HS, OH) - Ohio Commit
   Posted: 2/3/2022 1:39:16 PM 
Brush will play ST. Vincent St. Mary tonight, they have a heck of a schedule. Mikey Williams is in line to make 2.6 in NIL money and be a lottery pick and Elmore took it too him. https://brushathletics.com/recap/elmore-james-outduels-mi... /


Nobody despises to lose more than I do. That's got me into trouble over the years, but it also made a man of mediocre ability into a pretty good coach. Woody Hayes

Back to Top
  
potstirred
General User

Member Since: 9/23/2010
Post Count: 145

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2022 6'3" SG Elmore James IV (Cleveland Brush HS, OH) - Ohio Commit
   Posted: 2/3/2022 3:16:31 PM 
allen wrote:
Brush will play ST. Vincent St. Mary tonight, they have a heck of a schedule. Mikey Williams is in line to make 2.6 in NIL money and be a lottery pick and Elmore took it too him. https://brushathletics.com/recap/elmore-james-outduels-mi... /


James reminds me of Butch Lee out of Marquette. Just an absolute stud that took over games
Back to Top
  
Showing Replies:  51 - 75  of 129 Posts
Jump to Page:  < Previous    1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6    Next >
View Other 'Ohio Basketball Recruiting' Topics
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             







Copyright ©2022 BobcatAttack.com. All rights reserved.  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Use
Partner of USA TODAY Sports Digital Properties