Welcome Guest!
Create an Account
login email:
password:
site searchwhere to watchcontact usabout usadvertise with ushelp
Message Board

BobcatAttack.com Message Board
Ohio Football
Topic:  RE: Official Game 5 Thread: Bowling Green

Topic:  RE: Official Game 5 Thread: Bowling Green
Author
Message
A-townBound
General User



Member Since: 3/31/2012
Location: Georgetown, KY
Post Count: 663

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 5 Thread: Bowling Green
   Posted: 9/23/2023 9:17:00 PM 
Jones came off the field putting no weight on his ankle. He was briefly in the medical tent, and went to the locker room on a cart.

Roman Parodie also looked to have an ankle injury in the first half. He gingerly walked off the field - uncertain if he returned or not.

Last Edited: 9/23/2023 9:19:54 PM by A-townBound


Bleed Green and GO OHIO!!

Back to Top
  
shabamon
General User



Member Since: 11/17/2006
Location: Cincinnati
Post Count: 6,228

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 5 Thread: Bowling Green
   Posted: 9/23/2023 9:35:07 PM 
Jones was in a boot and crutches post-game. Parodie was walking around without pads. That looked mostly precautionary. Mason Williams came off on his own power.

Who came off with an arm/shoulder injury during a BG punt return? I couldn't tell from my vantage point. That looked painful, whatever it was.
Back to Top
  
Mike Coleman
Administrator



Member Since: 12/21/2004
Location: Near the Pristine Sandy Shores of Lake Erie, OH
Post Count: 1,354

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 5 Thread: Bowling Green
   Posted: 9/23/2023 9:49:08 PM 
shabamon wrote:


Who came off with an arm/shoulder injury during a BG punt return? I couldn't tell from my vantage point. That looked painful, whatever it was.


John Motton
Back to Top
  
Cats5
General User

Member Since: 6/14/2017
Post Count: 955

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 5 Thread: Bowling Green
   Posted: 9/23/2023 11:16:05 PM 
Mike Coleman wrote:
shabamon wrote:


Who came off with an arm/shoulder injury during a BG punt return? I couldn't tell from my vantage point. That looked painful, whatever it was.


John Motton


Saw him in a sling on the sideline in the second half
Back to Top
  
The Optimist
General User



Member Since: 3/16/2007
Location: CLE
Post Count: 5,556

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 5 Thread: Bowling Green
   Posted: 9/24/2023 1:26:44 AM 
Jones returned to the sideline on crutches. The fact that he returned at all is a good sign. When it happened I feared worse.

A TE got hurt at one point. Was it Fullam? He appeared OK not sure if he returned after that


I've seen crazier things happen.

Back to Top
  
LuckySparrow
General User



Member Since: 10/15/2012
Location: Illinois
Post Count: 1,722

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 5 Thread: Bowling Green
   Posted: 9/24/2023 7:40:58 AM 
Dominant win. This one was over in the 1st quarter. BG looked AWFUL! Our offense had a couple of nice drives with a couple chunk plays. A lot of lucky plays bounced our way. Our defense was incredible and opportunistic. Special teams need a ton of work in every category. Injuries were making me cringe in this one - hopefully Jones will be okay!

You take this positivity into the bye week feeling pretty good that this can be a special MAC season. Go Bobcats!


What a day at the Convo.....Wow!

Back to Top
  
LuckySparrow
General User



Member Since: 10/15/2012
Location: Illinois
Post Count: 1,722

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 5 Thread: Bowling Green
   Posted: 9/24/2023 7:48:12 AM 
The Optimist wrote:
Jones returned to the sideline on crutches. The fact that he returned at all is a good sign. When it happened I feared worse.

A TE got hurt at one point. Was it Fullam? He appeared OK not sure if he returned after that


I think Mason Williams got a little banged up.


What a day at the Convo.....Wow!

Back to Top
  
JHSbobcat08
General User

Member Since: 12/4/2011
Post Count: 195

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 5 Thread: Bowling Green
   Posted: 9/24/2023 8:07:56 AM 
Watching that game yesterday was one of the enjoyable Ohio football experiences I can remember. I don't think we have been that dominate in a game since the year we introduced our black jerseys against Marshall.
Back to Top
  
SBH
General User

Member Since: 12/20/2004
Post Count: 3,801

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 5 Thread: Bowling Green
   Posted: 9/24/2023 8:22:31 AM 
Our running game needs A LOT of work. I was disappointed that we sat on the ball with 2+ minutes left in the first half. At that point, more than half our points had come from the D.



Back to Top
  
Deciduous Forest Cat
General User

Member Since: 12/20/2004
Location: Ohio
Post Count: 4,327

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 5 Thread: Bowling Green
   Posted: 9/24/2023 9:40:37 AM 
Good game. Glad we won. Glad we won easily. 1-0 in the MAC. I don't know that too much else can be taken from this performance. BG was just handing us the ball willy nilly and handing us 15- yard chunks with their extra-curriculars. I didn't see anything to indicate the MAC will be a cakewalk against any team with a modicum of discipline. Rourke should have been picked off early too on a terrible throw, but somehow we ended up with the tipped ball and a td. Footballs bounce funny and we seemed to get every one early on.

I'm also concerned about the running game, and the fumbles on our side. Throw in a botched punt. That shit is going to cost us in closer games. I also agree the week off is coming at the perfect time (a true bye week, something we've not had in a decade). Get healthy, clean things up. Beat Kent.

Last Edited: 9/24/2023 9:46:26 AM by Deciduous Forest Cat

Back to Top
  
Y-CityCatFan
General User

Member Since: 7/28/2005
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Post Count: 136

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 5 Thread: Bowling Green
   Posted: 9/24/2023 10:16:29 AM 
JHSbobcat08 wrote:
Watching that game yesterday was one of the enjoyable Ohio football experiences I can remember. I don't think we have been that dominate in a game since the year we introduced our black jerseys against Marshall.


The 2018 game at Western Michigan was very similar to this one and also quite enjoyable! 59-14 I think. That Marshall game was a blast though!
Back to Top
  
Victory
General User

Member Since: 3/10/2012
Post Count: 1,949

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 5 Thread: Bowling Green
   Posted: 9/24/2023 11:51:13 AM 
Y-CityCatFan wrote:
JHSbobcat08 wrote:
Watching that game yesterday was one of the enjoyable Ohio football experiences I can remember. I don't think we have been that dominate in a game since the year we introduced our black jerseys against Marshall.


The 2018 game at Western Michigan was very similar to this one and also quite enjoyable! 59-14 I think. That Marshall game was a blast though!


I think the WMU game was the most dominate half that I remember though some of the turnovers were more WMU errors and some were forced by the Ohio defense. I am sure most of you recall. Solich actually passed on at least a FG attempt at the end of the half and just let the last 21 seconds run out after an unaggressive running play to avoid running up the score. I disagreed with that. You can't run up the score in the first half if the two teams are supposed to be even. We were barely favored in the game if I remember correctly.

WMU looked competent to open the game and after a good drive they missed a short FG. The miss was the first in a series of plays in the first half where the wheels just came off for WMU. It was followed by a 9 play 78 yard drive with a Papi White TD catch for Ohio which after close to 8 minutes in it was only 7-0. But then.....

WMU - 3 plays FUMBLE
Ohio - 3 plays ending in an Andrew Mayer TD catch (14-0)
WMU - 3 and out followed by a DL Knock punt block recovered by Alvin Floyd for a TD (21-0)
WMU - 3 and out
Ohio - 9 plays with a missed 39 yd FG
WMU - 6 plays ending in a Steven David INT
Ohio - 3 plays ending in a Nathan Rourke TD run (28-0)
WMU - fumbled the kickoff
Ohio - 5 plays ending in a Louis Zervos FG (31-0)
WMU - fumbled the kickoff
Ohio - 2 plays ending in a Adam Luehrman TD catch (38-0)
WMU - 4 plays ending in being stuffed on 4th down
Ohio - 5 plays ending in an Isiah Coc TD catch (45-0)
WMU - 3 plays ending in a fumble
Ohio - with 21 seconds left and if I recall several TOs runs the ball then lets the clock expire



Back to Top
  
Victory
General User

Member Since: 3/10/2012
Post Count: 1,949

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 5 Thread: Bowling Green
   Posted: 9/24/2023 12:07:40 PM 
Rufusbobcat94 wrote:
If there is gonna be a week where the offense starts to return to 2022 form, this should be it.

Having gotten past the part of the schedule with some of the better defenses we will play and with most offensive players returned from injury, they need to show something here.

With as good as the defense is playing, Offense doesnt necessarily need to take risks that will put the offense in a bind but we gotta start showing we are at least competent.

How will we do against an average to above average MAC defense?


I think that this is just it. The offense is being very conservative. The defense is expecting Ohio to run. We do it a lot for a good amount of yardage at low average per carry. The passing camp has had some handicaps but when we do throw we are very efficient, rarely trying to take the top off, against defenses playing the run resulting in a high completion percentage and a HUGE edge in time of possession for the season. Ohio had 45 rushing attempts vs. LIU and FAU, and 37 vs. ISU and BG
Back to Top
  
MonroeClassmate
General User

Member Since: 8/31/2010
Post Count: 2,017

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 5 Thread: Bowling Green
   Posted: 9/24/2023 4:40:17 PM 
Listened to the game.

On one particular play there was a penalty and then later, flags thrown.

The ref could be heard explaining the original penalty is declined. Than offsetting personal fouls by a player on each team. Then a personal foul on another BG player and a second personal foul by the same player resulting in his ejection.

But the net effect was the four personal fouls led to ZERO penalty yards Why wouldn't the two by the player tossed result in a 30 yard loss?
..
Back to Top
  
Pataskala
General User

Member Since: 7/8/2010
Location: At least six feet away from anybody else
Post Count: 9,161

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 5 Thread: Bowling Green
   Posted: 9/24/2023 4:59:42 PM 
Victory wrote:
Y-CityCatFan wrote:
JHSbobcat08 wrote:
Watching that game yesterday was one of the enjoyable Ohio football experiences I can remember. I don't think we have been that dominate in a game since the year we introduced our black jerseys against Marshall.


The 2018 game at Western Michigan was very similar to this one and also quite enjoyable! 59-14 I think. That Marshall game was a blast though!


I think the WMU game was the most dominate half that I remember though some of the turnovers were more WMU errors and some were forced by the Ohio defense. I am sure most of you recall. Solich actually passed on at least a FG attempt at the end of the half and just let the last 21 seconds run out after an unaggressive running play to avoid running up the score. I disagreed with that. You can't run up the score in the first half if the two teams are supposed to be even. We were barely favored in the game if I remember correctly.

WMU looked competent to open the game and after a good drive they missed a short FG. The miss was the first in a series of plays in the first half where the wheels just came off for WMU. It was followed by a 9 play 78 yard drive with a Papi White TD catch for Ohio which after close to 8 minutes in it was only 7-0. But then.....

WMU - 3 plays FUMBLE
Ohio - 3 plays ending in an Andrew Mayer TD catch (14-0)
WMU - 3 and out followed by a DL Knock punt block recovered by Alvin Floyd for a TD (21-0)
WMU - 3 and out
Ohio - 9 plays with a missed 39 yd FG
WMU - 6 plays ending in a Steven David INT
Ohio - 3 plays ending in a Nathan Rourke TD run (28-0)
WMU - fumbled the kickoff
Ohio - 5 plays ending in a Louis Zervos FG (31-0)
WMU - fumbled the kickoff
Ohio - 2 plays ending in a Adam Luehrman TD catch (38-0)
WMU - 4 plays ending in being stuffed on 4th down
Ohio - 5 plays ending in an Isiah Coc TD catch (45-0)
WMU - 3 plays ending in a fumble
Ohio - with 21 seconds left and if I recall several TOs runs the ball then lets the clock expire





Wasn't that a midweek MACtion game that was delayed by a torrential downpour that flooded the stadium before the game?

That Alvin Floyd TD is one of my all-time favorites. WMU was punting from its own goal line and Floyd snatched the blocked punt out of mid-air on a high bounce and ran it in untouched. Fun to watch.


We will get by.
We will get by.
We will get by.
We will survive.

Back to Top
  
A-townBound
General User



Member Since: 3/31/2012
Location: Georgetown, KY
Post Count: 663

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 5 Thread: Bowling Green
   Posted: 9/24/2023 6:45:21 PM 
Albin said during post game that Jacoby Jones had x-rays at half time, but he did not know the results.


Bleed Green and GO OHIO!!

Back to Top
  
Victory
General User

Member Since: 3/10/2012
Post Count: 1,949

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 5 Thread: Bowling Green
   Posted: 9/24/2023 7:39:21 PM 
Pataskala wrote:

Wasn't that a midweek MACtion game that was delayed by a torrential downpour that flooded the stadium before the game?

That Alvin Floyd TD is one of my all-time favorites. WMU was punting from its own goal line and Floyd snatched the blocked punt out of mid-air on a high bounce and ran it in untouched. Fun to watch.


A short rain delay sounds correct but I can't say that I really remember.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/game/_/gameId/40102...
Back to Top
  
oldkatz
General User

Member Since: 12/22/2004
Post Count: 1,421

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 5 Thread: Bowling Green
   Posted: 9/24/2023 8:58:09 PM 
Cellis033 wrote:
Turd Ferguson ejected for BGSUCKS. Good riddance. Let's get this wrapped up before someone else on our team gets hurt because of butthurt opponents.


Turd Ferguson......SNL Jeopardy champ


"All my inside sources tell me I have no inside sources." Salvatore "money bucks" Mafiosiano.

Back to Top
  
Ted Thompson
Administrator



Member Since: 11/11/2004
Location: MAC Play
Post Count: 7,449

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 5 Thread: Bowling Green
   Posted: 9/24/2023 9:54:07 PM 

 


Follow Ohio Football recruiting on the BobcatAttack.com football recruiting database.

Back to Top
  
shabamon
General User



Member Since: 11/17/2006
Location: Cincinnati
Post Count: 6,228

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 5 Thread: Bowling Green
   Posted: 9/25/2023 10:10:57 AM 
-First time seeing a game of any kind at BG. Enjoyed the trip very much. Didn't bother going into uptown with it being their Homecoming and all and having my 6yo in tow, but I've always considered BG to be an underrated college town. I've been there to party and they have just as good as a bar scene as we do. Tailgate atmosphere was solid with a massive packed lawn in every direction. Liked the stadium by MAC standards too. Getting in, out, and around wasn't too bad. Grab and go concessions lines with a decent selection of canned beer, though I didn't partake. Big lawn area under the scoreboard with kids throwing the ball around. That was a great mid major college football atmosphere for like 10 minutes...

-BG delivered maybe the most putrid performance I've ever seen from a MAC opponent live. I was in the house with winless Miami in 2013 and though those coaches didn't put Miami in good positions to win, that team at least had some good attitude and effort. This BG team is low down, dirty, and some snitches. I don't think I've ever seen a football game at any level with three players from the same team tossed. How did not one, but TWO P5 programs give Bazelak a roster spot?

-I was in the bathroom for the play when Jacoby went down. Saw the replay later on ESPN+. That looks like multiple games even with the bye week. Hope I'm wrong.

-Just give Bryce Houston MAC DPOTY now. Yeah Thompson had more highlight reel stuff this week, but Houston is a wall. His timing and reads are phenomenal, especially the hit that sprung Parodie's scoop and score.

-What did Parodie do to warrant an unsportsmanlike penalty after his score? The replay didn't show anything unless spinning the ball on the turf is illegal now. His injury didn't look too bad. Looked like an ankle and he was walking around the sideline without pads but also no wrap of any kind on his foot.

-One unsung player so far this season that deserves more love is Rayyan Buell. I said in preseason that our size and depth at DT was suspect and if we're going to put 270 lb guys in the middle, they better have some quickness and technique. Rayyan is that guy. He is so elusive in tight space resulting in a sack this week and big TFL I remember against ISU.

-Saw Sam Towns. They can have him.

-Will Kacmarek gave my son his sweaty hand towel after the game. My son handed it to me like WTF is this? Hahaha
Back to Top
  
bobcatsquared
General User

Member Since: 12/20/2004
Post Count: 5,078

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 5 Thread: Bowling Green
   Posted: 9/25/2023 12:54:08 PM 
shabamon wrote:
This BG team is low down, dirty, and some snitches.


And some snitches? Please elaborate.
Back to Top
  
L.C.
General User

Member Since: 8/31/2005
Location: United States
Post Count: 10,115

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 5 Thread: Bowling Green
   Posted: 9/25/2023 12:55:34 PM 
shabamon wrote:
... How did not one, but TWO P5 programs give Bazelak a roster spot? ...

Bazelak had an ESPN QBR rating of 8.4 for the game, which is bad. By comparison, Rourke was 98.3, which is outstanding, and Navarro was 27.3. For the year, though, Bazelak is 40.6, which puts him in the middle of the MAC, while Rourke stands at 75.1, good for second in the MAC this year, and the 11th best in the MAC all time, dated back to 2011 when they started computing it.

Unless they improve, you may see some other poor QB performances ahead. Some of the lowest rated QBs in all of the NCAA are in the MAC. At the bottom of the MAC, YTD:
Lombardi, NIU, 14.2 (didn't play last week)
Semonza, Ball St, 16.8 (only 4.4 last week)
Smith, EMU, 24.7 (only 5.7 last week, so they also tried Udengwu, who rated 2.2)
Bourguet, WMU, 24.9 (11.3 last week)
Alaimo, Kent, 28.3
https://www.espn.com/college-football/qbr/_/group/15

LOL, I hope Bazelak goes on to a good season, and BGSU goes on to beat Miami, and a few other teams.


“We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak.” ― Epictetus

Back to Top
  
shabamon
General User



Member Since: 11/17/2006
Location: Cincinnati
Post Count: 6,228

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 5 Thread: Bowling Green
   Posted: 9/25/2023 1:08:02 PM 
bobcatsquared wrote:
shabamon wrote:
This BG team is low down, dirty, and some snitches.


And some snitches? Please elaborate.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vt2BAfhUHX0
Back to Top
  
El Gato Roberto
General User



Member Since: 12/20/2004
Location: Illinois
Post Count: 1,070

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 5 Thread: Bowling Green
   Posted: 9/25/2023 5:01:03 PM 
shabamon wrote:
bobcatsquared wrote:
shabamon wrote:
This BG team is low down, dirty, and some snitches.


And some snitches? Please elaborate.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vt2BAfhUHX0


😂 😂 🤣


"The name's Ohio University, but everybody calls me Ohio. Any of you guys call me Ohio U, and I'll kill you."

Back to Top
  
Pete Chouteau
General User



Member Since: 11/17/2004
Location: Nowinsky Country
Post Count: 1,616

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 5 Thread: Bowling Green
   Posted: 9/25/2023 6:39:37 PM 
MonroeClassmate wrote:
Listened to the game.

On one particular play there was a penalty and then later, flags thrown.

The ref could be heard explaining the original penalty is declined. Than offsetting personal fouls by a player on each team. Then a personal foul on another BG player and a second personal foul by the same player resulting in his ejection.

But the net effect was the four personal fouls led to ZERO penalty yards Why wouldn't the two by the player tossed result in a 30 yard loss?
..


The live ball foul was declined because there was a tackle for loss and it made sense to take the down away.

Any dead ball fouls called on both teams are offsetting, regardless of how lopsided the numbers may be.
Back to Top
  
Showing Replies:  76 - 100  of 112 Posts
Jump to Page:  < Previous    1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5    Next >
View Other 'Ohio Football' Topics
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             







Copyright ©2024 BobcatAttack.com. All rights reserved.  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Use
Partner of USA TODAY Sports Digital Properties