Welcome Guest!
Create an Account
login email:
password:
site searchwhere to watchcontact usabout usadvertise with ushelp
Message Board

BobcatAttack.com Message Board
Ohio Basketball
Topic:  Impressive Win

Topic:  Impressive Win
Author
Message
The Optimist
General User



Member Since: 3/16/2007
Location: Akron (sleeper agent)
Post Count: 5,226

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  Impressive Win
   Posted: 11/9/2021 9:14:51 PM 
That's the best opening win I can recall in years. Not only did we play well in every area, but we did it against a very tough opponent.

Bring on CSU!!!


I've seen crazier things happen.

Black 41 Flash Reverse

Back to Top
  
RSBobcat
General User



Member Since: 8/22/2010
Location: Columbus, OH
Post Count: 4,132

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Impressive Win
   Posted: 11/9/2021 9:39:09 PM 
+++

I was very impressed

High energy from start to finish

Balanced attack

And we are not even at full strength

I would compare this game to a top level MAC game


RS Bobcat

Back to Top
  
The Optimist
General User



Member Since: 3/16/2007
Location: Akron (sleeper agent)
Post Count: 5,226

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Impressive Win
   Posted: 11/9/2021 9:55:47 PM 
RSBobcat wrote:
+++

I was very impressed

High energy from start to finish

Balanced attack

And we are not even at full strength

I would compare this game to a top level MAC game


In the postgame interview Boals said "MAC Championship level game"


I've seen crazier things happen.

Black 41 Flash Reverse

Back to Top
  
Ohio69
General User

Member Since: 12/20/2004
Post Count: 2,834

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Impressive Win
   Posted: 11/9/2021 10:00:26 PM 

Jason Carter was a M A N.

27 for Sears.

Many stretches of really good defense.

Impressive indeed.


Can somebody hit a pull up jumper for me?.....

Back to Top
  
OhioCatFan
General User



Member Since: 12/20/2004
Location: Athens, OH
Post Count: 11,760

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Impressive Win
   Posted: 11/10/2021 10:32:46 AM 
Agree with everything said here. This was a great victory, over a very good team. I was very impressed with the student turnout. I think it was the best in several years. I hope that we can keep it up for the rest of the season when the students are on campus. Possibility of a new Ozone?


"It is better to be an optimist and be proven a fool than to be a pessimist and be proven right."

Note: My avatar is the national colors of the 78th Ohio Veteran Volunteer Infantry, which are now preserved in a climate controlled vault at the Ohio History Connection. Learn more about the old 78th at: http://www.78ohio.org

Back to Top
  
greencat
General User



Member Since: 3/12/2005
Post Count: 1,145

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Impressive Win
   Posted: 11/10/2021 10:39:07 AM 
The Optimist wrote:
RSBobcat wrote:
+++

I was very impressed

High energy from start to finish

Balanced attack

And we are not even at full strength

I would compare this game to a top level MAC game


In the postgame interview Boals said "MAC Championship level game"


TeamRankings.com now rates Ohio as #67 in the nation and #1 in the MAC

Cleve State must be pretty good this season as it give Bobcats a 60% chance to win
Back to Top
  
OUVan
General User



Member Since: 12/20/2004
Location: Bethesda, MD
Post Count: 5,513

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Impressive Win
   Posted: 11/10/2021 10:56:13 AM 
The Optimist wrote:
That's the best opening win I can recall in years. Not only did we play well in every area, but we did it against a very tough opponent.

Bring on CSU!!!


We've now won 18 straight openers with the last loss coming in TOS's 2nd season to Mercer. The most impressive win in the lot IMO was Jeff Boals first game as coach of the Bobcats two years ago when we took down St. Bonaventure in Olean. The most impressive before last night that is.
Back to Top
  
Victory
General User

Member Since: 3/10/2012
Post Count: 1,067

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Impressive Win
   Posted: 11/10/2021 11:05:52 AM 
greencat wrote:
The Optimist wrote:
RSBobcat wrote:
+++

I was very impressed

High energy from start to finish

Balanced attack

And we are not even at full strength

I would compare this game to a top level MAC game


In the postgame interview Boals said "MAC Championship level game"


TeamRankings.com now rates Ohio as #67 in the nation and #1 in the MAC

Cleve State must be pretty good this season as it give Bobcats a 60% chance to win


Cleveland State did win the Horizon last year and the Horizon tournament. We lost a player to the NBA and they didn't. We have to go to Cleveland this time.

I was looking at Massey. He has Ohio a worse looking #80 which is also #1 in the MAC but in typical MAC fashion there are 5 teams very, very close in his ratings. Toledo is #81. He gives us a 63% chance to beat Cleveland St.
Back to Top
  
OU_Country
General User



Member Since: 12/6/2005
Location: On the road between Athens and Madison County
Post Count: 8,022

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Impressive Win
   Posted: 11/10/2021 12:24:18 PM 
I came away very impressed with games from:

Vander Plas
Carter
Sears
Brown

Sears was almost flawless other than a couple bad TO's.

Roderick didn't have a good game offensively. If he played like he did at the end of last year, and makes 2-3 more of the three's he took, that game is a blowout. And that Belmont team is very good.

Clayton impressed me, and looked like he belonged from the start.

McDay -- I'm imagining something is physically up with him, as he didn't look like himself, as though there was some rust being shaken off.

The energy from OUr team, as other's noted, was VERY high.

I was really enthused to see the numbers of students in the arena for that one. Exceeded my expectations and then some.

The only drawback for me on the night: It took me 2/3 of the drive back to the Columbus area to get other games on the radio. The Varsity Network is where it's at for all kinds of college hoops radio. I won't miss out going forward. 😉
Back to Top
  
GoCats105
General User

Member Since: 1/31/2006
Location: Austin, TX
Post Count: 6,094

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Impressive Win
   Posted: 11/10/2021 1:29:48 PM 
In Vegas and put $5 on Ohio to win the national title. A $5 bet at their odds wins me $10,000. Pretty good ROI if you ask me.
Back to Top
  
giacomo
General User

Member Since: 11/20/2007
Post Count: 2,045

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Impressive Win
   Posted: 11/10/2021 1:52:41 PM 
More like ROF (return on fantasy). You should light a cigar with that fiver!
Back to Top
  
OhioCatFan
General User



Member Since: 12/20/2004
Location: Athens, OH
Post Count: 11,760

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Impressive Win
   Posted: 11/10/2021 4:00:48 PM 
OU_Country: I've always seen Roderick as a streak shooter. He has games where he looks like he's an All-American and games where he can't seem to hit the proverbial broadside of a battleship. I have a constant argument with my wife who calls him "overrated." I keep telling her he's really talented. Last night on every missed shot, she gave me the "I told you so" look. I had to point out to her some of his defensive gems, including a nice block under the basket. I also had to remind her of his really nice streak of good games toward the end of last season.


"It is better to be an optimist and be proven a fool than to be a pessimist and be proven right."

Note: My avatar is the national colors of the 78th Ohio Veteran Volunteer Infantry, which are now preserved in a climate controlled vault at the Ohio History Connection. Learn more about the old 78th at: http://www.78ohio.org

Back to Top
  
OU_Country
General User



Member Since: 12/6/2005
Location: On the road between Athens and Madison County
Post Count: 8,022

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Impressive Win
   Posted: 11/10/2021 4:10:38 PM 
OhioCatFan wrote:
OU_Country: I've always seen Roderick as a streak shooter. He has games where he looks like he's an All-American and games where he can't seem to hit the proverbial broadside of a battleship. I have a constant argument with my wife who calls him "overrated." I keep telling her he's really talented. Last night on every missed shot, she gave me the "I told you so" look. I had to point out to her some of his defensive gems, including a nice block under the basket. I also had to remind her of his really nice streak of good games toward the end of last season.


I agree with you. I also like that his so-so offensive game didn't slow down his efforts on D, and on the glass - at least from my perspective.
Back to Top
  
bobcatsquared
General User

Member Since: 12/20/2004
Post Count: 3,666

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Impressive Win
   Posted: 11/10/2021 5:48:46 PM 
I must have watched a different game. One where Shephard took BRod off the dribble on more than one occasion.
Back to Top
  
FearLeon
General User



Member Since: 3/12/2005
Post Count: 2,535

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Impressive Win
   Posted: 11/10/2021 10:09:24 PM 
OU_Country wrote:
OhioCatFan wrote:
OU_Country: I've always seen Roderick as a streak shooter. He has games where he looks like he's an All-American and games where he can't seem to hit the proverbial broadside of a battleship. I have a constant argument with my wife who calls him "overrated." I keep telling her he's really talented. Last night on every missed shot, she gave me the "I told you so" look. I had to point out to her some of his defensive gems, including a nice block under the basket. I also had to remind her of his really nice streak of good games toward the end of last season.


I agree with you. I also like that his so-so offensive game didn't slow down his efforts on D, and on the glass - at least from my perspective.


The misses from 3 land didn't bother me as much as the misses five feet in. He missed a lot of short shots. Not going to worry about it. Get the first game jitters out of the way and move on.


#BleedGreen #TrentIsGOAT

Back to Top
  
Cellis033
General User



Member Since: 11/11/2021
Location: Powell, OH
Post Count: 152

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Impressive Win
   Posted: 11/11/2021 6:18:10 PM 
It was an awesome game! I was in the student section and although I admit it was quite quiet for most of the first half the second half it got extremely loud. I'm looking into reviving the O-Zone because the team needs it desperately and I'm extremely passionate for my school's sports teams. Sears, Carter and BVP had huge nights.


Chase
OU Engineering Technology and Management '23
Bringing the noise!

Back to Top
  
Taiwan BC
General User

Member Since: 12/20/2004
Location: Kaohsiung
Post Count: 344

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Impressive Win
   Posted: 11/11/2021 7:44:20 PM 
I’m sure BRod would like to have a few of those tries around the rim again… Funny thing is, if you look at the +\- numbers, he had the highest positive numbers against Belmont. He‘s doing something right for sure. Just a side note, DYK that Ben was the leading scorer against Buffalo over the three games last year? He’ll have a monster game soon enough…

Go Bobcats!
Back to Top
  
Cellis033
General User



Member Since: 11/11/2021
Location: Powell, OH
Post Count: 152

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Impressive Win
   Posted: 11/11/2021 7:52:11 PM 
OhioCatFan wrote:
Agree with everything said here. This was a great victory, over a very good team. I was very impressed with the student turnout. I think it was the best in several years. I hope that we can keep it up for the rest of the season when the students are on campus. Possibility of a new Ozone?


I also say the same being a student that attended! I think we could have been a bit louder in the first half but otherwise we were pretty loud! Hoping attendance keeps up as well - persuading a few of my friends in my dorms to come along for next game against Robert Morris and maybe have some chants prepared.


Chase
OU Engineering Technology and Management '23
Bringing the noise!

Back to Top
  
El Gato Roberto
General User



Member Since: 12/20/2004
Location: Illinois
Post Count: 910

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Impressive Win
   Posted: 11/11/2021 7:59:35 PM 
Cellis033 wrote:
It was an awesome game! I was in the student section and although I admit it was quite quiet for most of the first half the second half it got extremely loud. I'm looking into reviving the O-Zone because the team needs it desperately and I'm extremely passionate for my school's sports teams. Sears, Carter and BVP had huge nights.


You go Chase! OU Oh Yeah!!!


"The name's Ohio University, but everybody calls me Ohio. Any of you guys call me Ohio U, and I'll kill you."

Back to Top
  
GroverBall
General User

Member Since: 12/3/2012
Location: Athens, OH
Post Count: 1,077

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Impressive Win
   Posted: 11/11/2021 8:11:03 PM 
Cellis033 wrote:
OhioCatFan wrote:
Agree with everything said here. This was a great victory, over a very good team. I was very impressed with the student turnout. I think it was the best in several years. I hope that we can keep it up for the rest of the season when the students are on campus. Possibility of a new Ozone?


I also say the same being a student that attended! I think we could have been a bit louder in the first half but otherwise we were pretty loud! Hoping attendance keeps up as well - persuading a few of my friends in my dorms to come along for next game against Robert Morris and maybe have some chants prepared.


Great student turnout. Clear though that the student crowd lacked leadership, so thanks for sharing on BA and good luck taking the students to the next level. 110 can help, and is otherwise awesome, but an organized Ozone is key. Losing-Team-Winning-Team chant should pick a quiet moment, not when there are other things going on like on Tuesday. Good luck and Go Bobcats.
Back to Top
  
Cellis033
General User



Member Since: 11/11/2021
Location: Powell, OH
Post Count: 152

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Impressive Win
   Posted: 11/11/2021 8:11:23 PM 
El Gato Roberto wrote:
Cellis033 wrote:
It was an awesome game! I was in the student section and although I admit it was quite quiet for most of the first half the second half it got extremely loud. I'm looking into reviving the O-Zone because the team needs it desperately and I'm extremely passionate for my school's sports teams. Sears, Carter and BVP had huge nights.


You go Chase! OU Oh Yeah!!!


Heck yeah! One of my favorite moments was when BVP took a spill into the student section chasing a blocked ball and we all stood up and cheered when he was standing on the scorer's table!


Chase
OU Engineering Technology and Management '23
Bringing the noise!

Back to Top
  
Cellis033
General User



Member Since: 11/11/2021
Location: Powell, OH
Post Count: 152

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Impressive Win
   Posted: 11/11/2021 8:14:52 PM 
GroverBall wrote:
Cellis033 wrote:
OhioCatFan wrote:
Agree with everything said here. This was a great victory, over a very good team. I was very impressed with the student turnout. I think it was the best in several years. I hope that we can keep it up for the rest of the season when the students are on campus. Possibility of a new Ozone?


I also say the same being a student that attended! I think we could have been a bit louder in the first half but otherwise we were pretty loud! Hoping attendance keeps up as well - persuading a few of my friends in my dorms to come along for next game against Robert Morris and maybe have some chants prepared.


Great student turnout. Clear though that the student crowd lacked leadership, so thanks for sharing on BA and good luck taking the students to the next level. 110 can help, and is otherwise awesome, but an organized Ozone is key. Losing-Team-Winning-Team chant should pick a quiet moment, not when there are other things going on like on Tuesday. Good luck and Go Bobcats.


Thanks! How does that Winning Team / Losing Team chant go? It sounds pretty fun to do looking up examples on YouTube!


Chase
OU Engineering Technology and Management '23
Bringing the noise!

Back to Top
  
GroverBall
General User

Member Since: 12/3/2012
Location: Athens, OH
Post Count: 1,077

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Impressive Win
   Posted: 11/11/2021 8:37:51 PM 
Cellis033 wrote:
GroverBall wrote:
Cellis033 wrote:
OhioCatFan wrote:
Agree with everything said here. This was a great victory, over a very good team. I was very impressed with the student turnout. I think it was the best in several years. I hope that we can keep it up for the rest of the season when the students are on campus. Possibility of a new Ozone?


I also say the same being a student that attended! I think we could have been a bit louder in the first half but otherwise we were pretty loud! Hoping attendance keeps up as well - persuading a few of my friends in my dorms to come along for next game against Robert Morris and maybe have some chants prepared.


Great student turnout. Clear though that the student crowd lacked leadership, so thanks for sharing on BA and good luck taking the students to the next level. 110 can help, and is otherwise awesome, but an organized Ozone is key. Losing-Team-Winning-Team chant should pick a quiet moment, not when there are other things going on like on Tuesday. Good luck and Go Bobcats.


Thanks! How does that Winning Team / Losing Team chant go? It sounds pretty fun to do looking up examples on YouTube!


Yea, look it up, but it's a chant and response:

individual: "Is that not the scoreboard?" (pointing)
crowd: "Yes that is the scoreboard"
individual: "Is that not a 92?" (pointing)
crowd: "Yes that is a 92"
individual" "is that not an 80?" (pointing)
crowd: "Yes that is an 80"
individual: "Is that not the winning team?" (pointing)
crowd: "Yes that is the winning team"
individual: "Is that not the losing team?" (pointing)
crowd: "yes that is the losing team."
individual & crowd (alternating pointing at each bench): "Winning team, losing team" repeat over and over and then cheer madly.

IMPORTANT: DO NOT START CHANT UNTIL OUTCOME IS ABSOLUTELY ASSURED!


Back to Top
  
Kevin Finnegan
General User

Member Since: 2/4/2005
Location: Rockton, IL
Post Count: 867

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Impressive Win
   Posted: 11/11/2021 8:42:17 PM 
This is no exact science, but watching the game, it felt that we came out of every time out with a gameplan and seemed to execute. So, I went back through the game log and looked at the two minutes of play following every stoppage. What I saw told me my eyes weren't lying to me.

First half:
6 stoppages of play
Following stop (either TV or team timeouts), OHIO outscored Belmont 16-8 (+8), Belmont had 4 turnovers, OHIO had 1 turnover

Second half:
7 stoppages of play
Following stop, OHIO outscored Belmont 28-15 (+13), Belmont had 4 turnovers, OHIO had 5 turnovers

For the game, OHIO outscored Belmont 44-23 (+21) following breaks in play. This is where the coaching really seemed to stand out for me.
Back to Top
  
Cellis033
General User



Member Since: 11/11/2021
Location: Powell, OH
Post Count: 152

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Impressive Win
   Posted: 11/11/2021 8:52:02 PM 
GroverBall wrote:
Cellis033 wrote:
GroverBall wrote:
Cellis033 wrote:
OhioCatFan wrote:
Agree with everything said here. This was a great victory, over a very good team. I was very impressed with the student turnout. I think it was the best in several years. I hope that we can keep it up for the rest of the season when the students are on campus. Possibility of a new Ozone?


I also say the same being a student that attended! I think we could have been a bit louder in the first half but otherwise we were pretty loud! Hoping attendance keeps up as well - persuading a few of my friends in my dorms to come along for next game against Robert Morris and maybe have some chants prepared.


Great student turnout. Clear though that the student crowd lacked leadership, so thanks for sharing on BA and good luck taking the students to the next level. 110 can help, and is otherwise awesome, but an organized Ozone is key. Losing-Team-Winning-Team chant should pick a quiet moment, not when there are other things going on like on Tuesday. Good luck and Go Bobcats.


Thanks! How does that Winning Team / Losing Team chant go? It sounds pretty fun to do looking up examples on YouTube!


Yea, look it up, but it's a chant and response:

individual: "Is that not the scoreboard?" (pointing)
crowd: "Yes that is the scoreboard"
individual: "Is that not a 92?" (pointing)
crowd: "Yes that is a 92"
individual" "is that not an 80?" (pointing)
crowd: "Yes that is an 80"
individual: "Is that not the winning team?" (pointing)
crowd: "Yes that is the winning team"
individual: "Is that not the losing team?" (pointing)
crowd: "yes that is the losing team."
individual & crowd (alternating pointing at each bench): "Winning team, losing team" repeat over and over and then cheer madly.

IMPORTANT: DO NOT START CHANT UNTIL OUTCOME IS ABSOLUTELY ASSURED!



Thanks! I will keep this in mind. 20-10 seconds left sounds like the appropriate range if we get a Belmont scenario where we are 10+ points ahead?


Chase
OU Engineering Technology and Management '23
Bringing the noise!

Back to Top
  
Showing Replies:  1 - 25  of 33 Posts
Jump to Page:  1 | 2    Next >
View Other 'Ohio Basketball' Topics
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             




Copyright ©2022 BobcatAttack.com. All rights reserved.  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Use
Partner of USA TODAY Sports Digital Properties