Welcome Guest!
Create an Account
login email:
password:
site searchwhere to watchcontact usabout usadvertise with ushelp
Message Board

BobcatAttack.com Message Board
Ohio Basketball
Topic:  RE: Jaylin Hunter

Topic:  RE: Jaylin Hunter
Author
Message
BillyTheCat
General User

Member Since: 10/6/2012
Post Count: 8,083

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Jaylin Hunter
   Posted: 4/26/2022 8:24:02 PM 
stub wrote:
FlashGary wrote:
spongeBOB CATpants wrote:
OUVan wrote:
His father, Kenya Hunter, is currently associate head coach at Indiana.


So safe to say if he has a good year he'll be off to Bloomington. One year of eligibility for us, one for the Hoosiers, who says no?!


Don't count on this ever happening. I trust our coaching staff that they know what they're doing in player evaluations.


He was already a sports management major at ODU (and a strong academic student) and now he's coming to the best sports management program there is, which will require more than one year to complete. For that reason alone, I think he'll stay.



Our Sports Management program is not the best there is. You are thinking of Sports Ad/MBA. Sportsm Management is an undergraduate degree and is ho-hum.
Back to Top
  
BurritoBuggy4
General User

Member Since: 4/19/2021
Post Count: 72

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Jaylin Hunter
   Posted: 4/27/2022 9:30:46 AM 
The men's basketball Twitter page doesn't have anything announcing Jaylin's commitment, but had something for Gabe.

I know this seems silly, but college kids definitely monitor social media. Seems a dumb thing to omit from our Twitter page. I hope that gets fixed so we can show Jaylin the same enthusiastic welcome we showed Gabe.
Back to Top
  
spongeBOB CATpants
General User



Member Since: 8/16/2016
Post Count: 525

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Jaylin Hunter
   Posted: 4/27/2022 9:57:34 AM 
Deciduous Forest Cat wrote:
spongeBOB CATpants wrote:
stub wrote:
FlashGary wrote:
spongeBOB CATpants wrote:
OUVan wrote:
His father, Kenya Hunter, is currently associate head coach at Indiana.


So safe to say if he has a good year he'll be off to Bloomington. One year of eligibility for us, one for the Hoosiers, who says no?!


Don't count on this ever happening. I trust our coaching staff that they know what they're doing in player evaluations.


He was already a sports management major at ODU (and a strong academic student) and now he's coming to the best sports management program there is, which will require more than one year to complete. For that reason alone, I think he'll stay.



So after all of the transfer portal chaos that has been thoroughly discussed on this board, you mean to tell me that he would forgo a 1 year opportunity to play his final season of college basketball, for his father nonetheless, at a Big 10 traditional powerhouse (not to mention NIL???) so he can get another degree?

I drink as much green kool aid as anybody but COME ON



There's no green kool-aid. It's just common sense. do you really think Jaylin is still trying out...for his father? Do you think he called his Dad and said he wanted to xfer to IU, but dad said "how about one more year of grooming yourself at a midmajor" then maybe you can come here next year? Or do you think his dad just doesn't know what type of player his son is? If there is some academic reason for him to xfer after one year at Ohio to go to Indiana, sure. Otherwise, why wouldn't he xfer to Indiana now if that was his endgame? They decided they would do their own thing for various reasons basketball-wise. Or Jaylin was already told he wasn't big14 caliber as part of tough-love conversation.



Did you interview them?
Back to Top
  
shabamon
General User



Member Since: 11/17/2006
Location: Cincinnati
Post Count: 4,833

Status: Online

  Message Not Read  RE: Jaylin Hunter
   Posted: 4/27/2022 10:06:09 AM 
BurritoBuggy4 wrote:
The men's basketball Twitter page doesn't have anything announcing Jaylin's commitment, but had something for Gabe.

I know this seems silly, but college kids definitely monitor social media. Seems a dumb thing to omit from our Twitter page. I hope that gets fixed so we can show Jaylin the same enthusiastic welcome we showed Gabe.


There may be a difference in the two. Perhaps Gabe has penned a financial aid agreement in some way and Jaylin hasn't. There's a writeup on UVA's athletics site about BVP and the first paragraph says that he has signed financial aid paperwork.
Back to Top
  
BurritoBuggy4
General User

Member Since: 4/19/2021
Post Count: 72

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Jaylin Hunter
   Posted: 4/27/2022 3:47:18 PM 
shabamon wrote:
BurritoBuggy4 wrote:
The men's basketball Twitter page doesn't have anything announcing Jaylin's commitment, but had something for Gabe.

I know this seems silly, but college kids definitely monitor social media. Seems a dumb thing to omit from our Twitter page. I hope that gets fixed so we can show Jaylin the same enthusiastic welcome we showed Gabe.


There may be a difference in the two. Perhaps Gabe has penned a financial aid agreement in some way and Jaylin hasn't. There's a writeup on UVA's athletics site about BVP and the first paragraph says that he has signed financial aid paperwork.


Very possible - excellent thought!

The Twitter page gave Jaylin a shout-out about an hour ago. I know that might've seemed like a dumb thing to point out, but I'm not so sure that it feels dumb to these young adults.
Back to Top
  
stub
General User

Member Since: 12/20/2004
Post Count: 911

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Jaylin Hunter
   Posted: 4/27/2022 4:46:32 PM 
BillyTheCat wrote:
stub wrote:
FlashGary wrote:
spongeBOB CATpants wrote:
OUVan wrote:
His father, Kenya Hunter, is currently associate head coach at Indiana.


So safe to say if he has a good year he'll be off to Bloomington. One year of eligibility for us, one for the Hoosiers, who says no?!


Don't count on this ever happening. I trust our coaching staff that they know what they're doing in player evaluations.


He was already a sports management major at ODU (and a strong academic student) and now he's coming to the best sports management program there is, which will require more than one year to complete. For that reason alone, I think he'll stay.



Our Sports Management program is not the best there is. You are thinking of Sports Ad/MBA. Sportsm Management is an undergraduate degree and is ho-hum.


Correct. I mixed majors. A big difference.

Back to Top
  
M.D.W.S.T
General User



Member Since: 12/23/2021
Post Count: 44

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Jaylin Hunter
   Posted: 5/3/2022 10:27:16 AM 
colobobcat66 wrote:
DJCooperBurnerAccount wrote:
Per his twitter

https://twitter.com/_jaylinhunter12/status/15186228022109...

Sophomore guard from ODU


9.7 ppg, 3.8 rebounds, 4 assist, 2.2 turnover, 84.3 % free throw


My favorite stat of Jaylin's:

Team Captain
Back to Top
  
Showing Replies:  26 - 32  of 32 Posts
Jump to Page:  < Previous    1 | 2
View Other 'Ohio Basketball' Topics
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             





Copyright ©2022 BobcatAttack.com. All rights reserved.  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Use
Partner of USA TODAY Sports Digital Properties