Welcome Guest!
Create an Account
login email:
password:
site searchwhere to watchcontact usabout usadvertise with ushelp
Message Board

BobcatAttack.com Message Board
Ohio Basketball
Topic:  RE: Official Game 14 Thread: Buffalo

Topic:  RE: Official Game 14 Thread: Buffalo
Author
Message
ohio9704
General User

Member Since: 2/11/2006
Post Count: 1,479

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 14 Thread: Buffalo
   Posted: 1/3/2023 8:30:06 PM 
ZERO toughness with this group tonight. Every loose ball goes Buffalo way, that isn't all luck, lots of it is putting in the effort. Said in another post, not sure why Ben is on the floor.
Back to Top
  
SBH
General User

Member Since: 12/20/2004
Post Count: 3,373

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 14 Thread: Buffalo
   Posted: 1/3/2023 8:30:12 PM 
Clayton looks lost. Wouldn't be surprised if Wilson is playing sick. Doesn't look right. At least Miles showed up.
Back to Top
  
Bobcat1998
General User

Member Since: 11/7/2012
Post Count: 2,020

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 14 Thread: Buffalo
   Posted: 1/3/2023 8:42:02 PM 
Typical MAC opener on the road with a new group. Ticky tacks going to Buffs and DW3 pounded inside.
Back to Top
  
Bobcat Love
General User

Member Since: 12/20/2004
Post Count: 899

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 14 Thread: Buffalo
   Posted: 1/3/2023 8:43:09 PM 
7 minutes left -> 4 assisted baskets.

SMH.
Back to Top
  
M.D.W.S.T
General User



Member Since: 12/23/2021
Post Count: 521

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 14 Thread: Buffalo
   Posted: 1/3/2023 8:53:21 PM 
SBH wrote:
M.D.W.S.T wrote:
I really miss Sam Towns. They really miss Towns. His size and athleticism really would be a huge asset right now. Averaging 6-5 at BG. Think that would make him our 2nd leading rebounder.



I don't see it. Whose minutes would he take?


Clayton, Wiz... accumulation of minutes from a couple of the SIX guards in the rotation. They only have 3 people over 6'5. DESPERATELY missing an athletic 4/5.

Bobcat Love wrote:
7 minutes left -> 4 assisted baskets.

SMH.


A team comprised entirely of people 6'2" ish and not one of them can pass.

Wild.

Last Edited: 1/3/2023 8:54:15 PM by M.D.W.S.T

Back to Top
  
ohio9704
General User

Member Since: 2/11/2006
Post Count: 1,479

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 14 Thread: Buffalo
   Posted: 1/3/2023 9:03:10 PM 
Just don't get the rotation tonight. Love Jeff, but looked a bit like Tim O'Shea tonight 'Life on the road in the MAC".
Back to Top
  
M.D.W.S.T
General User



Member Since: 12/23/2021
Post Count: 521

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 14 Thread: Buffalo
   Posted: 1/3/2023 9:04:37 PM 
BRUTAL turnover from Jaylin there, passing it across the key down 4 on a fast break. Nobody wants to take that Sears/Preston shot.

Will seal the loss tonight.
Back to Top
  
FJC31
General User

Member Since: 3/31/2022
Post Count: 422

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 14 Thread: Buffalo
   Posted: 1/3/2023 9:08:30 PM 
Winnable game. Just too much sloppy play and lack of hustle to overcome. Most of which was just head scratching. Agreed on otherís rotation comments.

Wiz isnít strong enough of a post presence to be in with 3 guys at 6í1 and BRod. That combo should never happen again. Tough shooting game from AJB, but he still should have been playing the final minutes. Appreciated the effort from Miles, EJ4, and even Baker.

Last Edited: 1/3/2023 9:09:57 PM by FJC31

Back to Top
  
OUbobcat9092
General User

Member Since: 12/28/2004
Location: Fairfax, VA
Post Count: 1,096

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 14 Thread: Buffalo
   Posted: 1/3/2023 9:08:56 PM 
How does Wilson only get 5 shots tonight?

Last Edited: 1/3/2023 10:05:09 PM by OUbobcat9092


Bring Back Men's Track & Field

Back to Top
  
Bobcat Love
General User

Member Since: 12/20/2004
Post Count: 899

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 14 Thread: Buffalo
   Posted: 1/3/2023 9:09:16 PM 
20 Offensive Boards for Buffalo. A spattering of assists from the Cats. With the exception of AJ (who had an off night) - there just isn't enough talent on this roster to compete night in / night out in this conference. Unfortunate.
Back to Top
  
M.D.W.S.T
General User



Member Since: 12/23/2021
Post Count: 521

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 14 Thread: Buffalo
   Posted: 1/3/2023 9:11:46 PM 
Bobcat Love wrote:
20 Offensive Boards for Buffalo. A spattering of assists from the Cats. With the exception of AJ (who had an off night) - there just isn't enough talent on this roster to compete night in / night out in this conference. Unfortunate.


SBH wrote:
M.D.W.S.T wrote:
I really miss Sam Towns. They really miss Towns. His size and athleticism really would be a huge asset right now. Averaging 6-5 at BG. Think that would make him our 2nd leading rebounder.



I don't see it. Whose minutes would he take?


Back to Top
  
FearLeon
General User



Member Since: 3/12/2005
Post Count: 3,324

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 14 Thread: Buffalo
   Posted: 1/3/2023 9:13:22 PM 
Stunned it happened against Whitesell.

One of the worst games I've seen out of Boals.

Totally mismanaged Wilson's minutes. Game flow and performance from Whiz did not dictate the minutes that he ended up getting. What was Ohio on the floor with the Whiz on the floor....-21? Crazy stat. I mean why is Wilson resting so much? I get the knee issue, but he has to play more in conference games.

Clayton is an enigma. He's consistent about being inconsistent.

Your best player on the team...AJB...sits the final 6 minutes?????? If he doesn't have the flu, it's inexcusable.

Don't get me started on Roderick.

Hunter doesn't make good decisions.

This is not a good Buffalo team.

Ridiculous. Scary thing is that an 0-5 start in MAC play is now in play.

Coaching malpractice from Boals tonight.


#BleedGreen #TrentIsGOAT

Back to Top
  
JSF
General User



Member Since: 1/29/2005
Location: Houston, TX
Post Count: 6,161

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 14 Thread: Buffalo
   Posted: 1/3/2023 9:14:00 PM 
Rebounding looks like it will be an issue.


"Loyalty to a hometown or city is fleeting and interchangeable, but college is a stamp of identity."- Kyle Whelliston, One Beautiful Season.

My blog about depression and mental illness: https://bit.ly/3buGXH8

Back to Top
  
Bobcat1998
General User

Member Since: 11/7/2012
Post Count: 2,020

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 14 Thread: Buffalo
   Posted: 1/3/2023 9:17:31 PM 
FearLeon wrote:
Stunned it happened against Whitesell.

One of the worst games I've seen out of Boals.

Totally mismanaged Wilson's minutes. Game flow and performance from Whiz did not dictate the minutes that he ended up getting. What was Ohio on the floor with the Whiz on the floor....-21? Crazy stat. I mean why is Wilson resting so much? I get the knee issue, but he has to play more in conference games.

Clayton is an enigma. He's consistent about being inconsistent.

Your best player on the team...AJB...sits the final 6 minutes?????? If he doesn't have the flu, it's inexcusable.

Don't get me started on Roderick.

Hunter doesn't make good decisions.

This is not a good Buffalo team.

Ridiculous. Scary thing is that an 0-5 start in MAC play is now in play.

Coaching malpractice from Boals tonight.


We just cannot match up athletically. Ben Nichol comes in next year. Is he a LaQuill Hardnett? No. Need some athleticism. Lord help me if Towns whoops us Saturday.
Back to Top
  
Bobcat Love
General User

Member Since: 12/20/2004
Post Count: 899

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 14 Thread: Buffalo
   Posted: 1/3/2023 9:18:39 PM 
Rebounding wasn't even great against Chicago State -> which didn't have a capable basketball player over 6'3.....we don't do ourselves any favors.
Back to Top
  
GraffZ06
General User



Member Since: 1/5/2005
Location: Dayton, OH
Post Count: 1,402

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 14 Thread: Buffalo
   Posted: 1/3/2023 9:21:28 PM 
JSF wrote:
Rebounding looks like it will be an issue.


Yes.
Back to Top
  
FJC31
General User

Member Since: 3/31/2022
Post Count: 422

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 14 Thread: Buffalo
   Posted: 1/3/2023 9:21:50 PM 
Bobcat Love wrote:
20 Offensive Boards for Buffalo. A spattering of assists from the Cats. With the exception of AJ (who had an off night) - there just isn't enough talent on this roster to compete night in / night out in this conference. Unfortunate.


We didnít lack talent tonight. This was a pretty ugly game from our end and we still had a last second shot to tie in regulation. If Buffalo was really that much better, the gap in the box score would have been much wider.

But I will agree with your comment above that it would be nice to add some of the athleticism Buffalo continues to have.

Last Edited: 1/3/2023 9:26:19 PM by FJC31

Back to Top
  
FearLeon
General User



Member Since: 3/12/2005
Post Count: 3,324

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 14 Thread: Buffalo
   Posted: 1/3/2023 9:23:15 PM 
FJC31 wrote:
Tough shooting game from AJB, but he still should have been playing the final minutes. Appreciated the effort from Miles, EJ4, and even Baker.


If anything, even if his shot isn't going down, AJB can still drive and create contact and get to the line. When has BRod ever done that? The loyalty that Boals is showing to #3 is just stupid at this point. Surely Boals is aware of Brod stats over the last 49 games?? It doesn't take Dr. Naismith to realize he's completely lost his game from his first two years. Coaching malpractice from Boals on this topic. I can't justify what he's doing here with #3.


Last Edited: 1/3/2023 9:34:50 PM by FearLeon


#BleedGreen #TrentIsGOAT

Back to Top
  
JSF
General User



Member Since: 1/29/2005
Location: Houston, TX
Post Count: 6,161

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 14 Thread: Buffalo
   Posted: 1/3/2023 9:28:06 PM 
Wondering aloud if Wilson has something going on we donít know about.


"Loyalty to a hometown or city is fleeting and interchangeable, but college is a stamp of identity."- Kyle Whelliston, One Beautiful Season.

My blog about depression and mental illness: https://bit.ly/3buGXH8

Back to Top
  
Bobcat1998
General User

Member Since: 11/7/2012
Post Count: 2,020

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 14 Thread: Buffalo
   Posted: 1/3/2023 9:28:30 PM 
The MAC is what it is. It comes down to 3 days in Cleveland. Not one in Buffalo. This team has a ways to go but they do have the talent and depth to get hot. EJ4 for more time!
Back to Top
  
FearLeon
General User



Member Since: 3/12/2005
Post Count: 3,324

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 14 Thread: Buffalo
   Posted: 1/3/2023 9:36:00 PM 
JSF wrote:
Wondering aloud if Wilson has something going on we donít know about.


Sure seems like it. Resting him for more minutes than we needed too is one of the reasons Ohio lost.


#BleedGreen #TrentIsGOAT

Back to Top
  
FearLeon
General User



Member Since: 3/12/2005
Post Count: 3,324

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 14 Thread: Buffalo
   Posted: 1/3/2023 9:37:55 PM 
ohio9704 wrote:
Just don't get the rotation tonight. Love Jeff, but looked a bit like Tim O'Shea tonight 'Life on the road in the MAC".


+1

One of the worst coached games of his career.




#BleedGreen #TrentIsGOAT

Back to Top
  
FJC31
General User

Member Since: 3/31/2022
Post Count: 422

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 14 Thread: Buffalo
   Posted: 1/3/2023 9:42:01 PM 
FearLeon wrote:
FJC31 wrote:
Tough shooting game from AJB, but he still should have been playing the final minutes. Appreciated the effort from Miles, EJ4, and even Baker.


If anything, even if his shot isn't going down, AJB can still drive and create contact and get to the line. When has BRod ever done that? The loyalty that Boals is showing to #3 is just stupid at this point. Surely Boals is aware of Brod stats over the last 49 games?? It doesn't take Dr. Naismith to realize he's completely lost his game from his first two years. Coaching malpractice from Boals on this topic. I can't justify what he's doing here with #3.




Someone pointed out BRodís size among a smaller team, as a factor. Wouldnít surprise me if that plays into Boals thinking + holding out hope that BRod might just figure it out from 3 again.

Lineups overall were pretty frustrating tonight. I donít think this team can afford to not have at least one of Miles, AJB, or Dwight in at all times. .

Back to Top
  
OhioCatFan
General User



Member Since: 12/20/2004
Location: Athens, OH
Post Count: 13,262

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 14 Thread: Buffalo
   Posted: 1/3/2023 11:46:15 PM 
Bobcat Love wrote:
7 minutes left -> 4 assisted baskets.

SMH.


Thanks for pointing this out. It just proves what some of us have observed about this team being made up of individuals who don't play well as a unit -- way too much "me ball" and not enough "we ball." There is no floor leadership on this team.


"It is better to be an optimist and be proven a fool than to be a pessimist and be proven right."

Note: My avatar is the national colors of the 78th Ohio Veteran Volunteer Infantry, which are now preserved in a climate controlled vault at the Ohio History Connection. Learn more about the old 78th at: http://www.78ohio.org

Back to Top
  
LuckySparrow
General User



Member Since: 10/15/2012
Location: Illinois
Post Count: 1,545

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 14 Thread: Buffalo
   Posted: 1/4/2023 6:43:33 AM 
14 turnovers, too many at inopportune times. Buffalo got 73 shots off and were going fast. It looked like we felt like we had to keep up and that's where we lost identity on offense and got stuck on numbers.

I still like seeing Boals go 10 deep. Elmore James was efficient off the bench. Miles Brown was fantastic. AJ Brown had a tough first night in the MAC.

We need to establish a guard who is an alpha on Offense. Perhaps Miles Brown can be that guy.


What a day at the Convo.....Wow!

Back to Top
  
Showing Replies:  26 - 50  of 72 Posts
Jump to Page:  < Previous    1 | 2 | 3    Next >
View Other 'Ohio Basketball' Topics
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             







Copyright ©2023 BobcatAttack.com. All rights reserved.  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Use
Partner of USA TODAY Sports Digital Properties