Welcome Guest!
Create an Account
login email:
password:
site searchwhere to watchcontact usabout usadvertise with ushelp
Message Board

BobcatAttack.com Message Board
Ohio Basketball
Topic:  RE: Official Game 15 Thread: Bowling Green

Topic:  RE: Official Game 15 Thread: Bowling Green
Author
Message
FearLeon
General User



Member Since: 3/12/2005
Post Count: 3,657

Status: Online

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 15 Thread: Bowling Green
   Posted: 1/7/2023 5:50:20 PM 
OhioCatFan wrote:
FearLeon wrote:
Can someone explain to me what Boals is doing with AJ Brown’s minutes? He scores on first two possessions and sits him for next 7 minutes? This after sitting him for last 6 minutes against Buffalo. Seriously..WTF???

And the Whiz is a disaster.



While I have a little more hope than you do on Witz, I agree completely on AJB. Unless he's limited physically by his injury in some non-obvious way, he should be a 40-minute man, if that's still allowed in the rules! ;-)


Genuinely interested in knowing what hope you have with Whiz?

He can’t catch or move and is a major liability in the +/- category when he’s on the court. Boals is going to have to find portal gold at the center position next season.



#BleedGreen #TrentIsGOAT

Back to Top
  
mid70sbobcat
General User

Member Since: 12/20/2004
Post Count: 627

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 15 Thread: Bowling Green
   Posted: 1/7/2023 5:51:46 PM 
FearLeon wrote:
Can someone explain to me what Boals is doing with AJ Brown’s minutes? He scores on first two possessions and sits him for next 7 minutes? This after sitting him for last 6 minutes against Buffalo. Seriously..WTF???

And the Whiz is a disaster.



I get it .. you criticize Wiz every game. But getting 5 points and 4 boards a game while shooting 63% in 15 minutes isn't all that bad. And Wilson isn't going to be playing more than 25 minutes or so.

So, give us another name of who can do a better job than Wiz in the 15 minutes we need to fill.

Back to Top
  
FearLeon
General User



Member Since: 3/12/2005
Post Count: 3,657

Status: Online

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 15 Thread: Bowling Green
   Posted: 1/7/2023 5:54:56 PM 
mid70sbobcat wrote:
FearLeon wrote:
Can someone explain to me what Boals is doing with AJ Brown’s minutes? He scores on first two possessions and sits him for next 7 minutes? This after sitting him for last 6 minutes against Buffalo. Seriously..WTF???

And the Whiz is a disaster.



I get it .. you criticize Wiz every game. But getting 5 points and 4 boards a game while shooting 63% in 15 minutes isn't all that bad. And Wilson isn't going to be playing more than 25 minutes or so.

So, give us another name of who can do a better job than Wiz in the 15 minutes we need to fill.



You can go smaller. I mean I’d rather be athletic than losing possessions with Whiz.

Last Edited: 1/7/2023 5:55:19 PM by FearLeon


#BleedGreen #TrentIsGOAT

Back to Top
  
bobcatsquared
General User

Member Since: 12/20/2004
Post Count: 4,713

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 15 Thread: Bowling Green
   Posted: 1/7/2023 5:56:25 PM 
As a 40-plus year pickup basketball career nears an end, I can recall multiple times advising younger players that not all entry passes to an open big man down low is the right decision. While feeding Player A has a good chance of a positive result, feeding Player B has little chance of something good happening. This thought has been coming up all winter watching OUr basketball team. Feeding DWIII is one thing. Feeding his replacement is a whole other thing.

Last Edited: 1/7/2023 5:57:53 PM by bobcatsquared

Back to Top
  
mid70sbobcat
General User

Member Since: 12/20/2004
Post Count: 627

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 15 Thread: Bowling Green
   Posted: 1/7/2023 5:58:18 PM 
FearLeon wrote:
mid70sbobcat wrote:
FearLeon wrote:
Can someone explain to me what Boals is doing with AJ Brown’s minutes? He scores on first two possessions and sits him for next 7 minutes? This after sitting him for last 6 minutes against Buffalo. Seriously..WTF???

And the Whiz is a disaster.



I get it .. you criticize Wiz every game. But getting 5 points and 4 boards a game while shooting 63% in 15 minutes isn't all that bad. And Wilson isn't going to be playing more than 25 minutes or so.

So, give us another name of who can do a better job than Wiz in the 15 minutes we need to fill.



You can go smaller. I mean I’d rather be athletic than losing possessions with Whiz.


Likely get hammered on the boards with smaller. And as someone else said we have to play D. Wide open 3's is a recipe for a loss the way BG is shooting.

Back to Top
  
Casper71
General User

Member Since: 12/1/2006
Post Count: 2,753

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 15 Thread: Bowling Green
   Posted: 1/7/2023 5:58:20 PM 
I would say our guards lose the ball plenty on the dribble.
Back to Top
  
GraffZ06
General User



Member Since: 1/5/2005
Location: Dayton, OH
Post Count: 1,587

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 15 Thread: Bowling Green
   Posted: 1/7/2023 6:12:22 PM 
mid70sbobcat wrote:

So, give us another name of who can do a better job than Wiz in the 15 minutes we need to fill.


None. We have no PF's or backup C's on the roster who deserve big minutes outside of DW3.

Clayton has improved but he's a 10-15 minute/game guy off the bench at best.

We have a big problem because we don't shoot the 3 ball well enough to go small, and we don't have enough size, defense or rebounding to go big.

This team has talent and pieces, but so far they don't fit together in any cohesive way at all - and they might not all year.

Back to Top
  
GraffZ06
General User



Member Since: 1/5/2005
Location: Dayton, OH
Post Count: 1,587

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 15 Thread: Bowling Green
   Posted: 1/7/2023 6:15:18 PM 
For the love of all things holy - did this BG ESPN announcer just say "Ohio has always had good big guys, from Brandon Hunter to Dave the Superman and Baby Shaq or whatever he was"

I'm....no words.
Back to Top
  
GraffZ06
General User



Member Since: 1/5/2005
Location: Dayton, OH
Post Count: 1,587

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 15 Thread: Bowling Green
   Posted: 1/7/2023 6:19:59 PM 
Fun fact - 28 minutes into the game - our starters have the following rebound totals:

DW3: 11
AJ Brown: 1
Clayton: 0
M Brown: 0
Hunter: 0


Cool, cool, cool.
Back to Top
  
Cats5
General User

Member Since: 6/14/2017
Post Count: 828

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 15 Thread: Bowling Green
   Posted: 1/7/2023 6:42:34 PM 
Wish Sam would’ve stayed one more year
Back to Top
  
GraffZ06
General User



Member Since: 1/5/2005
Location: Dayton, OH
Post Count: 1,587

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 15 Thread: Bowling Green
   Posted: 1/7/2023 6:43:45 PM 
Cats5 wrote:
Wish Sam would’ve stayed one more year


He was still young and it was hard to find him minutes behind BVP - but I agree. He has all the tools of exactly what we're missing.

Back to Top
  
RSBobcat
General User



Member Since: 8/22/2010
Location: Columbus, OH
Post Count: 4,384

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 15 Thread: Bowling Green
   Posted: 1/7/2023 6:50:27 PM 
M.D.W.S.T wrote:
Sam Towns double-double incoming.


Yep - 10/10


RS Bobcat

Back to Top
  
FearLeon
General User



Member Since: 3/12/2005
Post Count: 3,657

Status: Online

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 15 Thread: Bowling Green
   Posted: 1/7/2023 6:50:37 PM 
Two games in a row…Roderick on the floor during crunch time in the last six minutes. Somebody make it make sense. Free Elmore.

This team has poor basketball IQ. The wild drive by Baker down 5 with 30 seconds left sums up the season. So much individual ball.

Boals and his endless subbing has been mind boggling.

0-5 conference start is now becoming more of a reality.



Last Edited: 1/7/2023 6:57:00 PM by FearLeon


#BleedGreen #TrentIsGOAT

Back to Top
  
Bobcat1998
General User

Member Since: 11/7/2012
Post Count: 2,109

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 15 Thread: Bowling Green
   Posted: 1/7/2023 6:52:02 PM 
GraffZ06 wrote:
mid70sbobcat wrote:

So, give us another name of who can do a better job than Wiz in the 15 minutes we need to fill.


None. We have no PF's or backup C's on the roster who deserve big minutes outside of DW3.

Clayton has improved but he's a 10-15 minute/game guy off the bench at best.

We have a big problem because we don't shoot the 3 ball well enough to go small, and we don't have enough size, defense or rebounding to go big.

This team has talent and pieces, but so far they don't fit together in any cohesive way at all - and they might not all year.



Sam.
Friggin.
Towns.
Back to Top
  
bobcatsquared
General User

Member Since: 12/20/2004
Post Count: 4,713

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 15 Thread: Bowling Green
   Posted: 1/7/2023 6:56:56 PM 
The good news? After 2 road games to start MAC play, Ohio comes home for the next 2.
Bad news? It's against the 2 best MAC teams, Ball St. and Kent. Followed by a road game v. UT, the third best team.

Last Edited: 1/7/2023 6:57:32 PM by bobcatsquared

Back to Top
  
Bobcat1998
General User

Member Since: 11/7/2012
Post Count: 2,109

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 15 Thread: Bowling Green
   Posted: 1/7/2023 6:59:41 PM 
bobcatsquared wrote:
The good news? After 2 road games to start MAC play, Ohio comes home for the next 2.
Bad news? It's against the 2 best MAC teams, Ball St. and Kent. Followed by a road game v. UT, the third best team.


We will be 0-5. Mark it. Kent will beat us by 25.
Back to Top
  
Cellis033
General User



Member Since: 11/11/2021
Location: Powell, OH
Post Count: 1,510

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 15 Thread: Bowling Green
   Posted: 1/7/2023 6:59:56 PM 
All I can say is if we keep having double digit turnovers a game - kiss our chances of even getting in conference tournament goodbye. Like FearLeon has been saying, with how Testicle Tech and Kent are on a roll right now, don’t really have high hopes for the next two. What is with Stroh that always makes us
lose there?


Chase
OU Engineering Technology and Management '24
Bringing the noise!

Muck Fiami
Kent read, Kent write, Not a state!
Bowling Green Normal School

Back to Top
  
OhioCatFan
General User



Member Since: 12/20/2004
Location: Athens, OH
Post Count: 14,016

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 15 Thread: Bowling Green
   Posted: 1/7/2023 7:04:12 PM 
RSBobcat wrote:
M.D.W.S.T wrote:
Sam Towns double-double incoming.


Yep - 10/10


Great call, coach!


The only BLSS Certified Hypocrite on BA

"It is better to be an optimist and be proven a fool than to be a pessimist and be proven right."

Note: My avatar is the national colors of the 78th Ohio Veteran Volunteer Infantry, which are now preserved in a climate controlled vault at the Ohio History Connection. Learn more about the old 78th at: http://www.78ohio.org

Back to Top
  
Casper71
General User

Member Since: 12/1/2006
Post Count: 2,753

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 15 Thread: Bowling Green
   Posted: 1/7/2023 7:05:00 PM 
Find seven or eight players and play them. You’re going to lose guys after this year anyway because they’re not getting enough playing time.
Back to Top
  
bobcatsquared
General User

Member Since: 12/20/2004
Post Count: 4,713

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 15 Thread: Bowling Green
   Posted: 1/7/2023 7:07:26 PM 
We've seen that we can lose with upper classmen on the floor down the stretch. I, for one, am ready to see what we can do with with our freshmen.
Back to Top
  
A-townBound
General User



Member Since: 3/31/2012
Location: Georgetown, KY
Post Count: 661

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 15 Thread: Bowling Green
   Posted: 1/7/2023 7:08:27 PM 
Cats5 wrote:
Wish Sam would’ve stayed one more year


Russ mentioned during the game that there were some spicy/heated moments between Towns and Bobcats. He added, that as far as he knew, there was no bad blood in the parting ways.

Side note - the color scheme of that court is awful.

Last Edited: 1/7/2023 7:08:55 PM by A-townBound


Bleed Green and GO OHIO!!

Back to Top
  
OhioCatFan
General User



Member Since: 12/20/2004
Location: Athens, OH
Post Count: 14,016

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 15 Thread: Bowling Green
   Posted: 1/7/2023 7:12:48 PM 
Major changes need to be made in who gets playing time. AJB more. EJ more. BRod less. Baker Less. Hunter Less. Ajay more. The rest of the guys on the bench more. Shake things up. What you are doing isn't working.


The only BLSS Certified Hypocrite on BA

"It is better to be an optimist and be proven a fool than to be a pessimist and be proven right."

Note: My avatar is the national colors of the 78th Ohio Veteran Volunteer Infantry, which are now preserved in a climate controlled vault at the Ohio History Connection. Learn more about the old 78th at: http://www.78ohio.org

Back to Top
  
RSBobcat
General User



Member Since: 8/22/2010
Location: Columbus, OH
Post Count: 4,384

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 15 Thread: Bowling Green
   Posted: 1/7/2023 7:14:59 PM 
Cellis033 wrote:
All I can say is if we keep having double digit turnovers a game - kiss our chances of even getting in conference tournament goodbye. Like FearLeon has been saying, with how Testicle Tech and Kent are on a roll right now, don’t really have high hopes for the next two. What is with Stroh that always makes us
lose there?


The TO's are bad - real bad. And the TO's stat does not include lost possible possessions for contested ball grabs which we lose out on a lot also - no stats for contested balls but you see it every game....


RS Bobcat

Back to Top
  
RSBobcat
General User



Member Since: 8/22/2010
Location: Columbus, OH
Post Count: 4,384

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 15 Thread: Bowling Green
   Posted: 1/7/2023 7:19:27 PM 
OhioCatFan wrote:
Major changes need to be made in who gets playing time. AJB more. EJ more. BRod less. Baker Less. Hunter Less. Ajay more. The rest of the guys on the bench more. Shake things up. What you are doing isn't working.


Or maybe more practice time for All focused on valuing possessions - better/smarter passing, securing the ball, fighting for loose balls, etc.


RS Bobcat

Back to Top
  
RSBobcat
General User



Member Since: 8/22/2010
Location: Columbus, OH
Post Count: 4,384

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 15 Thread: Bowling Green
   Posted: 1/7/2023 7:25:07 PM 
Double/Doubles - TO's this game

Double/Doubles:

Towns 10/10
DW3 17/17

Turnovers:

Towns 0
DW3 4

BG 5
OHIO 14


RS Bobcat

Back to Top
  
Showing Replies:  26 - 50  of 80 Posts
Jump to Page:  < Previous    1 | 2 | 3 | 4    Next >
View Other 'Ohio Basketball' Topics
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             







Copyright ©2023 BobcatAttack.com. All rights reserved.  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Use
Partner of USA TODAY Sports Digital Properties