Welcome Guest!
Create an Account
login email:
password:
site searchwhere to watchcontact usabout usadvertise with ushelp
Message Board

BobcatAttack.com Message Board
Ohio Basketball Recruiting
Topic:  2019 6'4" g/f Morgan Safford (Col. Bishop Hartley) Ohio offer

Topic:  2019 6'4" g/f Morgan Safford (Col. Bishop Hartley) Ohio offer
Author
Message
brucecuth
General User

Member Since: 12/21/2004
Post Count: 1,718

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  2019 6'4" g/f Morgan Safford (Col. Bishop Hartley) Ohio offer
   Posted: 9/27/2017 8:31:10 PM 
per Zach Fleer 270hoops.com
Back to Top
  
jumper80
General User

Member Since: 5/11/2006
Post Count: 122

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2019 6'4" g/f Morgan Safford (Col. Bishop Hartley) Ohio interest.
   Posted: 9/28/2017 2:04:55 AM 
brucecuth wrote:
per Zach Fleer 270hoops.com


I've seen this kid play .
Super athletic talent
Good to get in early he will
Draw a lot of interest IMHO.

Back to Top
  
GoCats105
General User

Member Since: 1/31/2006
Location: Seattle, WA
Post Count: 6,224

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2019 6'4" g/f Morgan Safford (Col. Bishop Hartley) Ohio interest.
   Posted: 9/28/2017 7:54:12 AM 
http://www.hudl.com/profile/6670769/morgan-safford

http://www.270hoops.com/news_article/show/790927?referrer...

Also receiving interest from NKU, Cleveland State and Wright State according to Fleer's article from May.
Back to Top
  
shabamon
General User



Member Since: 11/17/2006
Location: Cincinnati
Post Count: 4,839

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2019 6'4" g/f Morgan Safford (Col. Bishop Hartley) Ohio interest.
   Posted: 3/26/2019 12:34:28 PM 
We have offered
Back to Top
  
Cats5
General User

Member Since: 6/14/2017
Post Count: 586

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2019 6'4" g/f Morgan Safford (Col. Bishop Hartley) Ohio interest.
   Posted: 3/26/2019 2:01:43 PM 
I like the way he plays. Has a nice shot with good rotation on the ball as well. Seems to be athletic and has a good inside game.
Back to Top
  
GoCats105
General User

Member Since: 1/31/2006
Location: Seattle, WA
Post Count: 6,224

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2019 6'4" g/f Morgan Safford (Col. Bishop Hartley) Ohio interest.
   Posted: 3/26/2019 3:02:56 PM 
2018 Fall highlight:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTO9L0d2Nrg

Interview:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzDNOl86mHI

Back to Top
  
bigtillyoopsupsideurhead
General User



Member Since: 12/1/2006
Location: Cincinnati
Post Count: 1,924

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2019 6'4" g/f Morgan Safford (Col. Bishop Hartley) Ohio interest.
   Posted: 3/26/2019 8:07:45 PM 
His only other offer as of now is D2 Walsh. Late bloomer?
Back to Top
  
brucecuth
General User

Member Since: 12/21/2004
Post Count: 1,718

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2019 6'4" g/f Morgan Safford (Col. Bishop Hartley) Ohio interest.
   Posted: 3/26/2019 9:08:05 PM 
bigtillyoopsupsideurhead wrote:
His only other offer as of now is D2 Walsh. Late bloomer?


To an extent. He had one Helluva senior year tho, capped off by his D-2 first team all state selection, and Central Ohio D-2 POY. Zach Fleer over at 270Hoops felt he's been very underrated.

He's supposedly just turned 17, if what I read in our weekly rag is true, and that could cause a problem. He may decide to go to a prep school for a year to get greater exposure.

Great bloodlines, too. His dad played on Mifflin's state runner up team back in the 70s.
Back to Top
  
OU_Country
General User



Member Since: 12/6/2005
Location: On the road between Athens and Madison County
Post Count: 8,138

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2019 6'4" g/f Morgan Safford (Col. Bishop Hartley) Ohio interest.
   Posted: 3/27/2019 7:17:10 AM 
Waiting for the "but he's only got a D2 offer, why are we offering him?" comments.....in 3, 2, 1.......

Back to Top
  
BobcatGrad08
General User

Member Since: 4/5/2014
Post Count: 9

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2019 6'4" g/f Morgan Safford (Col. Bishop Hartley) Ohio interest.
   Posted: 3/27/2019 7:56:50 AM 
He goes to my alma mater so I'm a little biased but I've seen him the past 3 years. Absolutely a late bloomer who got to show his stuff only really in the summers and late in his senior season when the two big guys went down and the offense was forced to go through him and play at a faster pace. He truly carried that team and was outstanding. Good athlete, shoots well. Always felt like he was being underrated. I'm shocked he only has the one D2 offer because he is definite MAC caliber. Plus, never underestimate the local kid who gets an opportunity to shine and makes the most of it, a la Jordan Dartis.
Back to Top
  
Doc Bobcat
General User

Member Since: 12/20/2004
Post Count: 3,949

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2019 6'4" g/f Morgan Safford (Col. Bishop Hartley) Ohio interest.
   Posted: 3/27/2019 9:01:49 AM 
BobcatGrad08 wrote:
He goes to my alma mater so I'm a little biased but I've seen him the past 3 years. Absolutely a late bloomer who got to show his stuff only really in the summers and late in his senior season when the two big guys went down and the offense was forced to go through him and play at a faster pace. He truly carried that team and was outstanding. Good athlete, shoots well. Always felt like he was being underrated. I'm shocked he only has the one D2 offer because he is definite MAC caliber. Plus, never underestimate the local kid who gets an opportunity to shine and makes the most of it, a la Jordan Dartis.


Get this guy or Roderick or both and keep McDay.

Back to Top
  
Ohio69
General User

Member Since: 12/20/2004
Post Count: 2,878

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2019 6'4" g/f Morgan Safford (Col. Bishop Hartley) Ohio interest.
   Posted: 3/27/2019 9:11:14 AM 
OU_Country wrote:
Waiting for the "but he's only got a D2 offer, why are we offering him?" comments.....in 3, 2, 1.......



LOL....

This is a great opportunity as these recruits are going to get to play right away if all the transfer rumors play out.


Can somebody hit a pull up jumper for me?.....

Back to Top
  
OU_Country
General User



Member Since: 12/6/2005
Location: On the road between Athens and Madison County
Post Count: 8,138

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2019 6'4" g/f Morgan Safford (Col. Bishop Hartley) Ohio interest.
   Posted: 3/27/2019 9:51:08 AM 
BobcatGrad08 wrote:
He goes to my alma mater so I'm a little biased but I've seen him the past 3 years. Absolutely a late bloomer who got to show his stuff only really in the summers and late in his senior season when the two big guys went down and the offense was forced to go through him and play at a faster pace. He truly carried that team and was outstanding. Good athlete, shoots well. Always felt like he was being underrated. I'm shocked he only has the one D2 offer because he is definite MAC caliber. Plus, never underestimate the local kid who gets an opportunity to shine and makes the most of it, a la Jordan Dartis.


Oh, don't get me wrong - if the staff thinks he's worth it, and he performs to their expectations, I don't give a hoot about how many offers he has when he signs with Ohio. But lots of folks on here whined endlessly about Saul recruits that fit this description, and suddenly....Crickets....
Back to Top
  
allen
General User

Member Since: 1/24/2006
Post Count: 4,613

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2019 6'4" g/f Morgan Safford (Col. Bishop Hartley) Ohio interest.
   Posted: 3/27/2019 10:30:20 AM 
OU_Country wrote:
BobcatGrad08 wrote:
He goes to my alma mater so I'm a little biased but I've seen him the past 3 years. Absolutely a late bloomer who got to show his stuff only really in the summers and late in his senior season when the two big guys went down and the offense was forced to go through him and play at a faster pace. He truly carried that team and was outstanding. Good athlete, shoots well. Always felt like he was being underrated. I'm shocked he only has the one D2 offer because he is definite MAC caliber. Plus, never underestimate the local kid who gets an opportunity to shine and makes the most of it, a la Jordan Dartis.


Oh, don't get me wrong - if the staff thinks he's worth it, and he performs to their expectations, I don't give a hoot about how many offers he has when he signs with Ohio. But lots of folks on here whined endlessly about Saul recruits that fit this description, and suddenly....Crickets....


If we did not unload, Garreri, butler and dozier, we would have had a D2 team. Itís ok to sign someone without offers if you are a good talent evaluator, Saul unfortunately was not good at that. We are stuck with about 4 D2 schollies, it would be 5 if a certain player did not enter the transfer portal.

Last Edited: 3/27/2019 1:46:15 PM by allen


Nobody despises to lose more than I do. That's got me into trouble over the years, but it also made a man of mediocre ability into a pretty good coach. Woody Hayes

Back to Top
  
OU_Country
General User



Member Since: 12/6/2005
Location: On the road between Athens and Madison County
Post Count: 8,138

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2019 6'4" g/f Morgan Safford (Col. Bishop Hartley) Ohio interest.
   Posted: 3/27/2019 12:35:18 PM 
allen wrote:
OU_Country wrote:
BobcatGrad08 wrote:
He goes to my alma mater so I'm a little biased but I've seen him the past 3 years. Absolutely a late bloomer who got to show his stuff only really in the summers and late in his senior season when the two big guys went down and the offense was forced to go through him and play at a faster pace. He truly carried that team and was outstanding. Good athlete, shoots well. Always felt like he was being underrated. I'm shocked he only has the one D2 offer because he is definite MAC caliber. Plus, never underestimate the local kid who gets an opportunity to shine and makes the most of it, a la Jordan Dartis.


Oh, don't get me wrong - if the staff thinks he's worth it, and he performs to their expectations, I don't give a hoot about how many offers he has when he signs with Ohio. But lots of folks on here whined endlessly about Saul recruits that fit this description, and suddenly....Crickets....


If we did not unload, Garrett, butler and dozier, we would have had a D2 team. Itís ok to sign someone without offers if you are a good talent evaluator, Saul unfortunately was not good at that. We are stuck with about 4 D2 schollies, it would be 5 if a certain player did not enter the transfer portal.



Forgive me Mr Malik Zaire, if I do little more than laugh at this evaluation. You're automatically assuming Boals is some super hero at recruiting before he gets a single commit?
Back to Top
  
cc-cat
General User

Member Since: 4/5/2006
Location: matthews, NC
Post Count: 3,565

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2019 6'4" g/f Morgan Safford (Col. Bishop Hartley) Ohio interest.
   Posted: 3/27/2019 12:41:43 PM 
Since not one else asked - I will. Why did this kid fall through the cracks? Yes, 1 offer. After being on the radar of schools (according to the article) since his sophomore year. Why did schools cool on him? At the least raises the question why?

The issue that most felt held Saul back was recruiting a number of players that were projects (e.g., Springs) and/or were under the radar (e.g., Preston, James). Some worked - others apparently not. So my radar goes up when Boal's first recruit (appears) to be an under the radar guy. Doesn't mean he's not solid. Who all has seen him play? Thoughts? And Why did schools cool on him?

Last Edited: 3/27/2019 4:46:10 PM by cc-cat

Back to Top
  
allen
General User

Member Since: 1/24/2006
Post Count: 4,613

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2019 6'4" g/f Morgan Safford (Col. Bishop Hartley) Ohio interest.
   Posted: 3/27/2019 1:56:18 PM 
OU_Country wrote:
allen wrote:
OU_Country wrote:
BobcatGrad08 wrote:
He goes to my alma mater so I'm a little biased but I've seen him the past 3 years. Absolutely a late bloomer who got to show his stuff only really in the summers and late in his senior season when the two big guys went down and the offense was forced to go through him and play at a faster pace. He truly carried that team and was outstanding. Good athlete, shoots well. Always felt like he was being underrated. I'm shocked he only has the one D2 offer because he is definite MAC caliber. Plus, never underestimate the local kid who gets an opportunity to shine and makes the most of it, a la Jordan Dartis.


Oh, don't get me wrong - if the staff thinks he's worth it, and he performs to their expectations, I don't give a hoot about how many offers he has when he signs with Ohio. But lots of folks on here whined endlessly about Saul recruits that fit this description, and suddenly....Crickets....


If we did not unload, Garrett, butler and dozier, we would have had a D2 team. Itís ok to sign someone without offers if you are a good talent evaluator, Saul unfortunately was not good at that. We are stuck with about 4 D2 schollies, it would be 5 if a certain player did not enter the transfer portal.



Forgive me Mr Malik Zaire, if I do little more than laugh at this evaluation. You're automatically assuming Boals is some super hero at recruiting before he gets a single commit?

I have not said anything about Boals recruiting, while we are on the subjection, I find it kind of odd that you follow my posts all year and defend Saul and then After the season ended, you said that we should move on and now you are back to being Saulís medi attack dog. Saul was a nice guy that managed our team for the last five years. He was unable to compete in the MAC so now we are on to the Boals era. I am an Ohio University fan, not a Saul or JC fan. I tell the truth as I see it, I am sorry that you disagree. I beg you please donít force me to take participation trophies and drink wieired koolaide, please just let me be. In the future, if you want to retain someone, just say it, donít bow to pressure and then try to later start a medi revolt.


Nobody despises to lose more than I do. That's got me into trouble over the years, but it also made a man of mediocre ability into a pretty good coach. Woody Hayes

Back to Top
  
OU_Country
General User



Member Since: 12/6/2005
Location: On the road between Athens and Madison County
Post Count: 8,138

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2019 6'4" g/f Morgan Safford (Col. Bishop Hartley) Ohio interest.
   Posted: 3/27/2019 4:41:51 PM 
allen wrote:
OU_Country wrote:
allen wrote:
OU_Country wrote:
BobcatGrad08 wrote:
He goes to my alma mater so I'm a little biased but I've seen him the past 3 years. Absolutely a late bloomer who got to show his stuff only really in the summers and late in his senior season when the two big guys went down and the offense was forced to go through him and play at a faster pace. He truly carried that team and was outstanding. Good athlete, shoots well. Always felt like he was being underrated. I'm shocked he only has the one D2 offer because he is definite MAC caliber. Plus, never underestimate the local kid who gets an opportunity to shine and makes the most of it, a la Jordan Dartis.


Oh, don't get me wrong - if the staff thinks he's worth it, and he performs to their expectations, I don't give a hoot about how many offers he has when he signs with Ohio. But lots of folks on here whined endlessly about Saul recruits that fit this description, and suddenly....Crickets....


If we did not unload, Garrett, butler and dozier, we would have had a D2 team. Itís ok to sign someone without offers if you are a good talent evaluator, Saul unfortunately was not good at that. We are stuck with about 4 D2 schollies, it would be 5 if a certain player did not enter the transfer portal.



Forgive me Mr Malik Zaire, if I do little more than laugh at this evaluation. You're automatically assuming Boals is some super hero at recruiting before he gets a single commit?

I have not said anything about Boals recruiting, while we are on the subjection, I find it kind of odd that you follow my posts all year and defend Saul and then After the season ended, you said that we should move on and now you are back to being Saulís medi attack dog. Saul was a nice guy that managed our team for the last five years. He was unable to compete in the MAC so now we are on to the Boals era. I am an Ohio University fan, not a Saul or JC fan. I tell the truth as I see it, I am sorry that you disagree. I beg you please donít force me to take participation trophies and drink wieired koolaide, please just let me be. In the future, if you want to retain someone, just say it, donít bow to pressure and then try to later start a medi revolt.


(Rolls eyes, laughs)

Lol, allen brings up "medi" or "mediocre" again as soon as he gets called on something. Predictable. Typical. Have a nice evening Malik, I mean allen.
Back to Top
  
allen
General User

Member Since: 1/24/2006
Post Count: 4,613

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2019 6'4" g/f Morgan Safford (Col. Bishop Hartley) Ohio interest.
   Posted: 3/27/2019 5:32:25 PM 
OU_Country wrote:
allen wrote:
OU_Country wrote:
allen wrote:
OU_Country wrote:
BobcatGrad08 wrote:
He goes to my alma mater so I'm a little biased but I've seen him the past 3 years. Absolutely a late bloomer who got to show his stuff only really in the summers and late in his senior season when the two big guys went down and the offense was forced to go through him and play at a faster pace. He truly carried that team and was outstanding. Good athlete, shoots well. Always felt like he was being underrated. I'm shocked he only has the one D2 offer because he is definite MAC caliber. Plus, never underestimate the local kid who gets an opportunity to shine and makes the most of it, a la Jordan Dartis.


Oh, don't get me wrong - if the staff thinks he's worth it, and he performs to their expectations, I don't give a hoot about how many offers he has when he signs with Ohio. But lots of folks on here whined endlessly about Saul recruits that fit this description, and suddenly....Crickets....


If we did not unload, Garrett, butler and dozier, we would have had a D2 team. Itís ok to sign someone without offers if you are a good talent evaluator, Saul unfortunately was not good at that. We are stuck with about 4 D2 schollies, it would be 5 if a certain player did not enter the transfer portal.

Lol

Forgive me Mr Malik Zaire, if I do little more than laugh at this evaluation. You're automatically assuming Boals is some super hero at recruiting before he gets a single commit?

I have not said anything about Boals recruiting, while we are on the subjection, I find it kind of odd that you follow my posts all year and defend Saul and then After the season ended, you said that we should move on and now you are back to being Saulís medi attack dog. Saul was a nice guy that managed our team for the last five years. He was unable to compete in the MAC so now we are on to the Boals era. I am an Ohio University fan, not a Saul or JC fan. I tell the truth as I see it, I am sorry that you disagree. I beg you please donít force me to take participation trophies and drink wieired koolaide, please just let me be. In the future, if you want to retain someone, just say it, donít bow to pressure and then try to later start a medi revolt.


(Rolls eyes, laughs)

Lol, allen brings up "medi" or "mediocre" again as soon as he gets called on something. Predictable. Typical. Have a nice evening Malik, I mean allen.



Nobody despises to lose more than I do. That's got me into trouble over the years, but it also made a man of mediocre ability into a pretty good coach. Woody Hayes

Back to Top
  
Buck.Cat
General User

Member Since: 12/21/2017
Post Count: 365

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2019 6'4" g/f Morgan Safford (Col. Bishop Hartley) Ohio interest.
   Posted: 3/27/2019 5:54:24 PM 
OU_Country wrote:


Oh, don't get me wrong - if the staff thinks he's worth it, and he performs to their expectations, I don't give a hoot about how many offers he has when he signs with Ohio. But lots of folks on here whined endlessly about Saul recruits that fit this description, and suddenly....Crickets....


It's definitely a concern and we've seen this story before where 1-2 players per recruiting class under Saul had no business being at OU.

Last Edited: 3/27/2019 6:46:01 PM by Buck.Cat

Back to Top
  
Buck.Cat
General User

Member Since: 12/21/2017
Post Count: 365

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2019 6'4" g/f Morgan Safford (Col. Bishop Hartley) Ohio interest.
   Posted: 3/29/2019 6:46:18 PM 
Offered by Youngstown State.
Back to Top
  
shabamon
General User



Member Since: 11/17/2006
Location: Cincinnati
Post Count: 4,839

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2019 6'4" g/f Morgan Safford (Col. Bishop Hartley) Ohio interest.
   Posted: 4/3/2019 9:30:50 PM 
Also plays varsity tennis.
Back to Top
  
RSBobcat
General User



Member Since: 8/22/2010
Location: Columbus, OH
Post Count: 4,218

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2019 6'4" g/f Morgan Safford (Col. Bishop Hartley) Ohio interest.
   Posted: 4/6/2019 12:37:29 AM 
shabamon wrote:
Also plays varsity tennis.


So he knows how to lob - awesome....




RS Bobcat

Back to Top
  
Bobcat61
General User

Member Since: 5/24/2005
Post Count: 235

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2019 6'4" g/f Morgan Safford (Col. Bishop Hartley) Ohio interest.
   Posted: 4/7/2019 12:05:28 AM 
He has been offered by Bonnies of Olean NY
Back to Top
  
shabamon
General User



Member Since: 11/17/2006
Location: Cincinnati
Post Count: 4,839

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2019 6'4" g/f Morgan Safford (Col. Bishop Hartley) Ohio interest.
   Posted: 4/10/2019 8:55:19 AM 
Will be on campus for an official visit this weekend.
Back to Top
  
Showing Replies:  1 - 25  of 54 Posts
Jump to Page:  1 | 2 | 3    Next >
View Other 'Ohio Basketball Recruiting' Topics
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             







Copyright ©2022 BobcatAttack.com. All rights reserved.  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Use
Partner of USA TODAY Sports Digital Properties