Welcome Guest!
Create an Account
login email:
password:
site searchwhere to watchcontact usabout usadvertise with ushelp
Message Board

BobcatAttack.com Message Board
Ohio Football
Topic:  Burrow

Topic:  Burrow
Author
Message
allen
General User

Member Since: 1/24/2006
Post Count: 4,613

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  Burrow
   Posted: 4/14/2018 3:07:25 PM 
He looked good in the spring game allegedly. He had better stats than Haskins, but they are still saying that Haskins won. Haskins has the arm strength to make any throw as illustrated, Burrow was more accurate. http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2770516-ohio-state-spr...

Last Edited: 4/14/2018 3:24:39 PM by allen


Nobody despises to lose more than I do. That's got me into trouble over the years, but it also made a man of mediocre ability into a pretty good coach. Woody Hayes

Back to Top
  
Deciduous Forest Cat
General User

Member Since: 12/20/2004
Location: Ohio
Post Count: 3,923

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Burrow
   Posted: 4/14/2018 6:13:11 PM 
Who the f#$& cares about the osu spring game?
Back to Top
  
allen
General User

Member Since: 1/24/2006
Post Count: 4,613

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Burrow
   Posted: 4/14/2018 6:50:28 PM 
Deciduous Forest Cat wrote:
Who the f#$& cares about the osu spring game?


My interest is Burrow, not OSU. I hope he wins the job. I am a Bobcat fan through and through, I am fighting mediocrity, not you. Go Cats


Nobody despises to lose more than I do. That's got me into trouble over the years, but it also made a man of mediocre ability into a pretty good coach. Woody Hayes

Back to Top
  
Diamond Cat
General User



Member Since: 12/20/2004
Post Count: 760

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Burrow
   Posted: 4/14/2018 7:02:24 PM 
Who cares
Back to Top
  
allen
General User

Member Since: 1/24/2006
Post Count: 4,613

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Burrow
   Posted: 4/14/2018 7:43:09 PM 
Diamond Cat wrote:
Who cares


This is a good bandwagon, you’re right. Who cares?


Nobody despises to lose more than I do. That's got me into trouble over the years, but it also made a man of mediocre ability into a pretty good coach. Woody Hayes

Back to Top
  
Alan Swank
General User

Member Since: 12/11/2004
Location: Athens, OH
Post Count: 6,614

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Burrow
   Posted: 4/15/2018 12:19:03 AM 
Many Bobcat fans particularly those who live in Athens I rooting for Joe to do well. I actually recorded the game today so I could watch how he did when I got home from golf. I've lived in Athens since 1979 and the most united I've seen this town is during the fall of 2014 when the Bulldogs made it all the way to the state championship game. People who had never been to an Athens High game were excited about the success of the local team and their star quarterback.
Back to Top
  
Sam bobcat
General User

Member Since: 7/14/2015
Post Count: 633

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Burrow
   Posted: 4/15/2018 8:40:16 AM 
Why are you posting this on the Ohio Bobcat fan site? He was never and will never be a bobcat. Go somewhere else and talk about Ohio State's backup quarterback. Jeez.
Back to Top
  
Buckeye to Bobcat
General User

Member Since: 9/10/2013
Post Count: 1,648

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Burrow
   Posted: 4/15/2018 9:30:34 AM 
Alan Swank wrote:
Many Bobcat fans particularly those who live in Athens I rooting for Joe to do well. I actually recorded the game today so I could watch how he did when I got home from golf. I've lived in Athens since 1979 and the most united I've seen this town is during the fall of 2014 when the Bulldogs made it all the way to the state championship game. People who had never been to an Athens High game were excited about the success of the local team and their star quarterback.


+1. Those were fun ballgames to go on Friday night. Still remember taking a few classmates out to watch the Barnum and Bailey Circus out in The Plains and that was something you don't see often in small school ball, let alone big school ball with that much talent on offense.
Back to Top
  
mf279801
General User

Member Since: 8/6/2010
Location: Atlanta, GA
Post Count: 2,338

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Burrow
   Posted: 4/15/2018 11:19:09 AM 
I think this thread was intended for AthensBulldogAttack.com
Back to Top
  
bobcatsquared
General User

Member Since: 12/20/2004
Post Count: 3,995

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Burrow
   Posted: 4/15/2018 3:24:44 PM 
Dispatch sports columnist Rob Oller believes Haskins will get the starting nod in the fall and suggests that Burrow should transfer to keep any QB controversy from arising.

http://www.dispatch.com/sports/20180414/rob-oller--transf...

Back to Top
  
Speaker of Truth
General User

Member Since: 1/26/2011
Post Count: 437

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Burrow
   Posted: 4/15/2018 6:39:12 PM 
Burrow is from Athens, his dad coaches for OU, he was recruited by OU, like many players he is a potential transfer target. Anyone who complains about talking about him is a big whiner.
Back to Top
  
allen
General User

Member Since: 1/24/2006
Post Count: 4,613

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Burrow
   Posted: 4/15/2018 7:12:28 PM 
the123kid wrote:
Burrow is from Athens, his dad coaches for OU, he was recruited by OU, like many players he is a potential transfer target. Anyone who complains about talking about him is a big whiner.


Burrow is a player. It sounds from the article that he wants to transfer if he will not be named the starter.


Nobody despises to lose more than I do. That's got me into trouble over the years, but it also made a man of mediocre ability into a pretty good coach. Woody Hayes

Back to Top
  
Cats-22
General User

Member Since: 9/30/2006
Post Count: 369

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Burrow
   Posted: 4/15/2018 8:23:54 PM 
allen wrote:
the123kid wrote:
Burrow is from Athens, his dad coaches for OU, he was recruited by OU, like many players he is a potential transfer target. Anyone who complains about talking about him is a big whiner.


Burrow is a player. It sounds from the article that he wants to transfer if he will not be named the starter.


I don't understand why he would do that. He's better off as QB2 at the place where he already knows the system backwards and forwards. Starting QBs get benched or hurt all the time, if he stays Burrow is likely to play meaningful minutes at an NC contender even if he doesn't start out of the gate. That's a good situation.
Back to Top
  
OhioCatFan
General User



Member Since: 12/20/2004
Location: Athens, OH
Post Count: 12,187

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Burrow
   Posted: 4/15/2018 9:21:05 PM 
This thread should be about his AHS teammates who are now Bobcats, at least one of whom is a possible starter in the fall. Frank's been talking him up big. As others have said, who really cares what Joey is doing at A&M. If he transfers to Miami Redchicken U, now that would have relevance to OHIO.


"It is better to be an optimist and be proven a fool than to be a pessimist and be proven right."

Note: My avatar is the national colors of the 78th Ohio Veteran Volunteer Infantry, which are now preserved in a climate controlled vault at the Ohio History Connection. Learn more about the old 78th at: http://www.78ohio.org

Back to Top
  
allen
General User

Member Since: 1/24/2006
Post Count: 4,613

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Burrow
   Posted: 4/15/2018 10:51:13 PM 
OhioCatFan wrote:
This thread should be about his AHS teammates who are now Bobcats, at least one of whom is a possible starter in the fall. Frank's been talking him up big. As others have said, who really cares what Joey is doing at A&M. If he transfers to Miami Redchicken U, now that would have relevance to OHIO.


Yeah every single thread is about Ohio football. Burrow has never been recruited by Ohio, he has no ties to Ohio. I would rather see a TOS to nelsonville high. This post belongs on the Athens pewee league site.


Nobody despises to lose more than I do. That's got me into trouble over the years, but it also made a man of mediocre ability into a pretty good coach. Woody Hayes

Back to Top
  
Maddog13
General User

Member Since: 12/21/2004
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Post Count: 511

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Burrow
   Posted: 4/16/2018 12:27:05 AM 
Burrow represents the big local fish that got away. Is being the second string quarterback at Ohio State still favorable over being the starting quarterback for the Bobcats? Likewise, how are the Bobcats faring in terms of Ohio based recruiting considering that the Buckeyes are still the face of Ohio football? It would kind of serve Urban Meyer right if Burrow were to transfer to say, Michigan, and help win the rivalry between them.

PS: Stop disrespecting Athens High School, many of us proud Bulldogs went on to become equally proud Bobcats!

Last Edited: 4/16/2018 12:29:44 AM by Maddog13

Back to Top
  
bobcatsquared
General User

Member Since: 12/20/2004
Post Count: 3,995

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Burrow
   Posted: 4/16/2018 6:21:36 AM 
And now this from the Dispatch:

http://www.dispatch.com/sports/20180415/ohio-state-footba...
Back to Top
  
Sam bobcat
General User

Member Since: 7/14/2015
Post Count: 633

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Burrow
   Posted: 4/16/2018 8:10:00 AM 
the123kid wrote:
Burrow is from Athens, his dad coaches for OU, he was recruited by OU, like many players he is a potential transfer target. Anyone who complains about talking about him is a big whiner.


The whiners are the fans who can't except the betrayal by their local hero who got the hell out of there as fast as he could lol.
Back to Top
  
OhioCatFan
General User



Member Since: 12/20/2004
Location: Athens, OH
Post Count: 12,187

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Burrow
   Posted: 4/16/2018 9:19:59 AM 
bobcatsquared wrote:
And now this from the Dispatch:

http://www.dispatch.com/sports/20180415/ohio-state-footba...


Could only read the first sentence before a paywall popped up. Can someone summarize?


"It is better to be an optimist and be proven a fool than to be a pessimist and be proven right."

Note: My avatar is the national colors of the 78th Ohio Veteran Volunteer Infantry, which are now preserved in a climate controlled vault at the Ohio History Connection. Learn more about the old 78th at: http://www.78ohio.org

Back to Top
  
OU_Country
General User



Member Since: 12/6/2005
Location: On the road between Athens and Madison County
Post Count: 8,138

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Burrow
   Posted: 4/16/2018 9:44:36 AM 
allen wrote:
Deciduous Forest Cat wrote:
Who the f#$& cares about the osu spring game?


My interest is Burrow, not OSU. I hope he wins the job. I am a Bobcat fan through and through, I am fighting mediocrity, not you. Go Cats


To no one's surprise, the only thing that is mediocre in this thread is this response.


allen wrote:
OhioCatFan wrote:
This thread should be about his AHS teammates who are now Bobcats, at least one of whom is a possible starter in the fall. Frank's been talking him up big. As others have said, who really cares what Joey is doing at A&M. If he transfers to Miami Redchicken U, now that would have relevance to OHIO.


Yeah every single thread is about Ohio football. Burrow has never been recruited by Ohio, he has no ties to Ohio. I would rather see a TOS to nelsonville high. This post belongs on the Athens pewee league site.


As is this one....
Back to Top
  
allen
General User

Member Since: 1/24/2006
Post Count: 4,613

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Burrow
   Posted: 4/16/2018 10:03:36 AM 
OU_Country wrote:
allen wrote:
Deciduous Forest Cat wrote:
Who the f#$& cares about the osu spring game?


My interest is Burrow, not OSU. I hope he wins the job. I am a Bobcat fan through and through, I am fighting mediocrity, not you. Go Cats


To no one's surprise, the only thing that is mediocre in this thread is this response.


allen wrote:
OhioCatFan wrote:
This thread should be about his AHS teammates who are now Bobcats, at least one of whom is a possible starter in the fall. Frank's been talking him up big. As others have said, who really cares what Joey is doing at A&M. If he transfers to Miami Redchicken U, now that would have relevance to OHIO.


Yeah every single thread is about Ohio football. Burrow has never been recruited by Ohio, he has no ties to Ohio. I would rather see a TOS to nelsonville high. This post belongs on the Athens pewee league site.


As is this one....


Mediocrity is predicting that we will lose by 20 and being happy. Mediocrity is justifying being a middle of the pack program when the coaches and players expect more.This post is about a qb that a lot us liked and thought could take our program by storm. We have managed to land a few good qb's since. I believe in Ohio so I will never get bullied into accepting mediocrity. Your criticism on every post won't work.
I will always push back against statements like this.

"In case you haven't noticed, Ball State and UB have upped their recruiting games in the last couple years. Akron, other that this coming season, is going to be every bit as good as they've been in the past if not better. Kent has recruited well, and other than losing Jimmy Hall, is very solid. And that doesn't include Western, or Toledo.

Ohio should be shooting to win the MAC every year, yes. But the conference as a whole is definitely getting better. To state the program is in trouble if they're fighting for a top four seed is either insulting to the rest of the conference, or naive - I'm not sure which in your case".

Last Edited: 4/16/2018 10:12:20 AM by allen


Nobody despises to lose more than I do. That's got me into trouble over the years, but it also made a man of mediocre ability into a pretty good coach. Woody Hayes

Back to Top
  
OU_Country
General User



Member Since: 12/6/2005
Location: On the road between Athens and Madison County
Post Count: 8,138

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Burrow
   Posted: 4/16/2018 10:21:19 AM 
To go on and on about your feelings about mediocrity, and how everything Ohio does, or fans say, is mediocre while assuming you'll convince someone to come over to your line of thinking is insanity. You've been trying to do this for years and you've been getting the same results - eye rolls. You sir, aren't Woody Hayes.

Back to Top
  
OU_Country
General User



Member Since: 12/6/2005
Location: On the road between Athens and Madison County
Post Count: 8,138

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Burrow
   Posted: 4/16/2018 10:26:15 AM 
Maddog13 wrote:
Burrow represents the big local fish that got away. Is being the second string quarterback at Ohio State still favorable over being the starting quarterback for the Bobcats? Likewise, how are the Bobcats faring in terms of Ohio based recruiting considering that the Buckeyes are still the face of Ohio football? It would kind of serve Urban Meyer right if Burrow were to transfer to say, Michigan, and help win the rivalry between them.

PS: Stop disrespecting Athens High School, many of us proud Bulldogs went on to become equally proud Bobcats!


It would be a ton of fun if he chose to come back to Athens. That said, if he transfers, why would he come back? He could play at almost any other place he wants. I'd imagine he would get offers from two dozen P5 schools if he were to become available. I also bet Coach Fickell would take him at UC in a heart beat.
Back to Top
  
Bobcat1998
General User

Member Since: 11/7/2012
Post Count: 1,856

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Burrow
   Posted: 4/16/2018 10:28:14 AM 
I look at Burrow a bit like I looked at Jaaron Simmons this year. I have rooted for Burrow at OSU but always knew that he wouldn't be able to beat out the next big, shiny object that Urban recruited. I hope for the best for him but do not want him at OU. I am looking forward to two more years of Rourke, who wanted to come and play for us.
Back to Top
  
C Money
General User



Member Since: 8/28/2010
Post Count: 3,420

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Burrow
   Posted: 4/16/2018 10:33:40 AM 
Can Burrow play corner? If we're going to bring in a grad transfer who can play immediately, I'd rather it be directed towards shoring up the secondary.

(I still think if he transfers it's to Nebraska, who is kinda desperate for a QB right now. But I'm not sold on the idea that Burrow will actually transfer, even if he is named the backup. I also think that Haskins will get the starter job, and I also also think Meyer will wait until the day before their first game to name a starter to keep Burrow from transferring. But my opinion isn't worth much.)

Go Bobcats.

Back to Top
  
Showing Replies:  1 - 25  of 225 Posts
Jump to Page:  1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9    Next >
View Other 'Ohio Football' Topics
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             







Copyright ©2022 BobcatAttack.com. All rights reserved.  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Use
Partner of USA TODAY Sports Digital Properties