Welcome Guest!
Create an Account
login email:
password:
site searchwhere to watchcontact usabout usadvertise with ushelp
Message Board

BobcatAttack.com Message Board
Ohio Football
Topic:  Bangura in the portal now too?

Topic:  Bangura in the portal now too?
Author
Message
greencat
General User



Member Since: 3/12/2005
Post Count: 2,050

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  Bangura in the portal now too?
   Posted: 12/5/2023 12:15:26 PM 
That's what On3 says.

Maybe if he doesn't get a good offer, he can return?

The Oklahoma QB is listed as on the market for the low-low-low price of 1.2 million bucks for his remaining season. This NIL crap is already out of control.
Back to Top
  
BillyTheCat
General User

Member Since: 10/6/2012
Post Count: 9,471

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Bangura in the portal now too?
   Posted: 12/5/2023 6:56:01 PM 
And some think people are leaving because of our staff. They are leaving because they make more money elsewhere
Back to Top
  
Bobcat Jerry
General User

Member Since: 5/3/2017
Post Count: 215

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Bangura in the portal now too?
   Posted: 12/6/2023 9:15:05 AM 
Unbelievable....the NIL money officially makes college G5 minor league football !
Back to Top
  
greencat
General User



Member Since: 3/12/2005
Post Count: 2,050

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Bangura in the portal now too?
   Posted: 12/6/2023 1:32:46 PM 
Well...if we don't have either RB and the starting QB is also in the portal...

I guess Navarro is the new QB but who is going to tote the rock??

Would it mess up the possible redshirt status for Hunt to play in a bowl?
Back to Top
  
Jonesy1017
General User

Member Since: 5/14/2014
Post Count: 7

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Bangura in the portal now too?
   Posted: 12/6/2023 1:54:42 PM 
According to his stats on the website, he has only played in 2 games this season. The NCAA allows players to play in four games and still acquire a redshirt, so he should be good, along with any other players that see action this game that have played in more than 3 games so far this season.
Back to Top
  
El Gato Roberto
General User



Member Since: 12/20/2004
Location: Illinois
Post Count: 1,070

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Bangura in the portal now too?
   Posted: 12/6/2023 1:55:56 PM 
I'd imagine Ricky Hunt will get some touches. Anyone going to take a shot at the Bowl Game depth chart?


"The name's Ohio University, but everybody calls me Ohio. Any of you guys call me Ohio U, and I'll kill you."

Back to Top
  
OhioBobcat
General User

Member Since: 1/20/2006
Post Count: 1,549

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Bangura in the portal now too?
   Posted: 12/6/2023 2:05:58 PM 
BillyTheCat wrote:
And some think people are leaving because of our staff. They are leaving because they make more money elsewhere


THIS!!!
Back to Top
  
L.C.
General User

Member Since: 8/31/2005
Location: United States
Post Count: 10,067

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Bangura in the portal now too?
   Posted: 12/6/2023 2:34:29 PM 
El Gato Roberto wrote:
I'd imagine Ricky Hunt will get some touches. Anyone going to take a shot at the Bowl Game depth chart?

My guesses:

RB: Hunt/Quinn share the carries, but someone else might get a carry or two (McCormick/Hunter/Wilson)
QB: Navarro is the obvious starter, followed by Winters/Wither.
WR: Starting Hendricks, Wilburn, and Wiglusz, followed by R. Harris/Debrow


“We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak.” ― Epictetus

Back to Top
  
M.D.W.S.T
General User



Member Since: 12/23/2021
Post Count: 1,780

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Bangura in the portal now too?
   Posted: 12/6/2023 2:42:46 PM 
BillyTheCat wrote:
And some think people are leaving because of our staff. They are leaving because they make more money elsewhere


Keep telling yourself that the reason our back-ups are leaving is because teams are keeping them in diamonds and fur.
Back to Top
  
Ohio69
General User

Member Since: 12/20/2004
Post Count: 2,992

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Bangura in the portal now too?
   Posted: 12/6/2023 3:04:02 PM 
M.D.W.S.T wrote:
BillyTheCat wrote:
And some think people are leaving because of our staff. They are leaving because they make more money elsewhere


Keep telling yourself that the reason our back-ups are leaving is because teams are keeping them in diamonds and fur.


It has to be a huge part of it. (Hell didn't Mark Sears and family say it out loud when he entered?) As well as the overall "experience" of sellout stadiums on national tv.....




Can somebody hit a pull up jumper for me?.....

Back to Top
  
M.D.W.S.T
General User



Member Since: 12/23/2021
Post Count: 1,780

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Bangura in the portal now too?
   Posted: 12/6/2023 3:22:55 PM 
Ohio69 wrote:
M.D.W.S.T wrote:
BillyTheCat wrote:
And some think people are leaving because of our staff. They are leaving because they make more money elsewhere


Keep telling yourself that the reason our back-ups are leaving is because teams are keeping them in diamonds and fur.


It has to be a huge part of it. (Hell didn't Mark Sears and family say it out loud when he entered?) As well as the overall "experience" of sellout stadiums on national tv.....





Mark Sears is the leading scorer on a sweet 16 team.

Bangura will probably be a starter on a Big 10 team.

Obviously, money is a real motivator for the very top 10% of these guys.

I'm talking about back-ups who have a chance to be starters and are running away as fast as they can. Miles Cross isn't filming music videos with DJ Khaled just because he might go to FAU. They're not rolling out the red carpet for the 4th receiver at Western Michigan. He will be receiving - maybe - more than he did at OU, but he's taking a lateral move at best. Like most of the non-starters who jump in the portal.

Last Edited: 12/6/2023 3:24:50 PM by M.D.W.S.T

Back to Top
  
Deciduous Forest Cat
General User

Member Since: 12/20/2004
Location: Ohio
Post Count: 4,306

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Bangura in the portal now too?
   Posted: 12/6/2023 3:25:40 PM 
M.D.W.S.T wrote:
Ohio69 wrote:
M.D.W.S.T wrote:
BillyTheCat wrote:
And some think people are leaving because of our staff. They are leaving because they make more money elsewhere


Keep telling yourself that the reason our back-ups are leaving is because teams are keeping them in diamonds and fur.


It has to be a huge part of it. (Hell didn't Mark Sears and family say it out loud when he entered?) As well as the overall "experience" of sellout stadiums on national tv.....





Mark Sears is the leading scorer on a sweet 16 team.

Bangura will probably be a starter on a Big 10 team.

Obviously, money is a real motivator for the very top 10% of these guys.

I'm talking about back-ups who have a chance to be starters and are running away as fast as they can. Miles Cross isn't filming music videos with DJ Khaled just because he might go to FAU. They're not rolling out the red carpet for the 4th receiver at Western Michigan. He will be receiving - maybe - more than he did at OU, but he's taking a lateral move at best. Like most of the non-starters who jump in the portal.


Miles Cross was a starter. What are you talking about most of the time?
Back to Top
  
M.D.W.S.T
General User



Member Since: 12/23/2021
Post Count: 1,780

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Bangura in the portal now too?
   Posted: 12/6/2023 3:31:10 PM 
Deciduous Forest Cat wrote:
M.D.W.S.T wrote:
Ohio69 wrote:
M.D.W.S.T wrote:
BillyTheCat wrote:
And some think people are leaving because of our staff. They are leaving because they make more money elsewhere


Keep telling yourself that the reason our back-ups are leaving is because teams are keeping them in diamonds and fur.


It has to be a huge part of it. (Hell didn't Mark Sears and family say it out loud when he entered?) As well as the overall "experience" of sellout stadiums on national tv.....





Mark Sears is the leading scorer on a sweet 16 team.

Bangura will probably be a starter on a Big 10 team.

Obviously, money is a real motivator for the very top 10% of these guys.

I'm talking about back-ups who have a chance to be starters and are running away as fast as they can. Miles Cross isn't filming music videos with DJ Khaled just because he might go to FAU. They're not rolling out the red carpet for the 4th receiver at Western Michigan. He will be receiving - maybe - more than he did at OU, but he's taking a lateral move at best. Like most of the non-starters who jump in the portal.


Miles Cross was a starter. What are you talking about most of the time?


It's clear you don't watch games, but do you have access to google?

Miles Cross was our 3rd WR. Last year he was our 4th WR. Though he did start some games this season after injuries to the starters. Yes. Got me. Nailed it. Good stuff as always.

And my point stands LOL He has a chance to be the #1 WR next season... He was a back-up... and you're complaining about him being a starter this season.... which okay? cool.... I apologies to him and his family... anyway, he would start next season... and he's leaving... this was some how dumber than I thought it would be.

I love trolls, but at least try to be a smart one.

Last Edited: 12/6/2023 3:37:51 PM by M.D.W.S.T

Back to Top
  
FisherCat
General User

Member Since: 12/4/2023
Post Count: 10

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Bangura in the portal now too?
   Posted: 12/6/2023 3:51:23 PM 
M.D.W.S.T wrote:
Deciduous Forest Cat wrote:
M.D.W.S.T wrote:
Ohio69 wrote:
M.D.W.S.T wrote:
BillyTheCat wrote:
And some think people are leaving because of our staff. They are leaving because they make more money elsewhere


Keep telling yourself that the reason our back-ups are leaving is because teams are keeping them in diamonds and fur.


It has to be a huge part of it. (Hell didn't Mark Sears and family say it out loud when he entered?) As well as the overall "experience" of sellout stadiums on national tv.....





Mark Sears is the leading scorer on a sweet 16 team.

Bangura will probably be a starter on a Big 10 team.

Obviously, money is a real motivator for the very top 10% of these guys.

I'm talking about back-ups who have a chance to be starters and are running away as fast as they can. Miles Cross isn't filming music videos with DJ Khaled just because he might go to FAU. They're not rolling out the red carpet for the 4th receiver at Western Michigan. He will be receiving - maybe - more than he did at OU, but he's taking a lateral move at best. Like most of the non-starters who jump in the portal.


Miles Cross was a starter. What are you talking about most of the time?


It's clear you don't watch games, but do you have access to google?

Miles Cross was our 3rd WR. Last year he was our 4th WR. Though he did start some games this season after injuries to the starters. Yes. Got me. Nailed it. Good stuff as always.

And my point stands LOL He has a chance to be the #1 WR next season... He was a back-up... and you're complaining about him being a starter this season.... which okay? cool.... I apologies to him and his family... anyway, he would start next season... and he's leaving... this was some how dumber than I thought it would be.

I love trolls, but at least try to be a smart one.



There are hundreds of reasons to transfer: playing time, money, following friends, closer to family, personal reasons, maybe they just wanna live in that nice Florida weather. I don't understand the immense pessimism about an entire program from one WR leaving.






Back to Top
  
spongeBOB CATpants
General User



Member Since: 8/16/2016
Post Count: 942

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Bangura in the portal now too?
   Posted: 12/6/2023 4:04:19 PM 
FisherCat wrote:
M.D.W.S.T wrote:
Deciduous Forest Cat wrote:
M.D.W.S.T wrote:
Ohio69 wrote:
M.D.W.S.T wrote:
BillyTheCat wrote:
And some think people are leaving because of our staff. They are leaving because they make more money elsewhere


Keep telling yourself that the reason our back-ups are leaving is because teams are keeping them in diamonds and fur.


It has to be a huge part of it. (Hell didn't Mark Sears and family say it out loud when he entered?) As well as the overall "experience" of sellout stadiums on national tv.....





Mark Sears is the leading scorer on a sweet 16 team.

Bangura will probably be a starter on a Big 10 team.

Obviously, money is a real motivator for the very top 10% of these guys.

I'm talking about back-ups who have a chance to be starters and are running away as fast as they can. Miles Cross isn't filming music videos with DJ Khaled just because he might go to FAU. They're not rolling out the red carpet for the 4th receiver at Western Michigan. He will be receiving - maybe - more than he did at OU, but he's taking a lateral move at best. Like most of the non-starters who jump in the portal.


Miles Cross was a starter. What are you talking about most of the time?


It's clear you don't watch games, but do you have access to google?

Miles Cross was our 3rd WR. Last year he was our 4th WR. Though he did start some games this season after injuries to the starters. Yes. Got me. Nailed it. Good stuff as always.

And my point stands LOL He has a chance to be the #1 WR next season... He was a back-up... and you're complaining about him being a starter this season.... which okay? cool.... I apologies to him and his family... anyway, he would start next season... and he's leaving... this was some how dumber than I thought it would be.

I love trolls, but at least try to be a smart one.



There are hundreds of reasons to transfer: playing time, money, following friends, closer to family, personal reasons, maybe they just wanna live in that nice Florida weather. I don't understand the immense pessimism about an entire program from one WR leaving.








The title of the thread is related to Bangura hitting the portal, its not just Cross, obviously.
Back to Top
  
L.C.
General User

Member Since: 8/31/2005
Location: United States
Post Count: 10,067

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Bangura in the portal now too?
   Posted: 12/6/2023 4:07:12 PM 
Deciduous Forest Cat wrote:
Miles Cross was a starter. What are you talking about most of the time?

For the record, in the first 11 games, here is the number of starts for each receiver (WR and TE):
Cross 10
Wiglusz 10
Kacmarek 9
Foster 6
Walton 6
Jones 2
Hendricks 1



“We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak.” ― Epictetus

Back to Top
  
Victory
General User

Member Since: 3/10/2012
Post Count: 1,879

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Bangura in the portal now too?
   Posted: 12/6/2023 4:07:51 PM 
FisherCat wrote:

There are hundreds of reasons to transfer: playing time, money, following friends, closer to family, personal reasons, maybe they just wanna live in that nice Florida weather. I don't understand the immense pessimism about an entire program from one WR leaving.



It isn't great to have most of your portal entries from one or two positions. I'd think that puts the staff in a bind. But if there was any place that we probably had depth it was at offensive skill positions. Let's hope we have a healthy Jacoby Jones. I don't know if we will but it clearly would help here.

Replacing Rourke is a completely different issue and in my mind the biggest reason for pessimism going into 2024, but I think that we all expected that there was a good chance this would be his final year here. We just didn't know how his leaving would play out.
Back to Top
  
Cats5
General User

Member Since: 6/14/2017
Post Count: 949

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Bangura in the portal now too?
   Posted: 12/6/2023 4:41:04 PM 
L.C. wrote:
El Gato Roberto wrote:
I'd imagine Ricky Hunt will get some touches. Anyone going to take a shot at the Bowl Game depth chart?

My guesses:

RB: Hunt/Quinn share the carries, but someone else might get a carry or two (McCormick/Hunter/Wilson)
QB: Navarro is the obvious starter, followed by Winters/Wither.
WR: Starting Hendricks, Wilburn, and Wiglusz, followed by R. Harris/Debrow


Idk about everyone else but I want Winters to be next guy to take the QB position. Not that I don't like the others but I feel like Jacob could be the one to really take off.
Back to Top
  
FisherCat
General User

Member Since: 12/4/2023
Post Count: 10

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Bangura in the portal now too?
   Posted: 12/6/2023 4:50:27 PM 
Victory wrote:
FisherCat wrote:

There are hundreds of reasons to transfer: playing time, money, following friends, closer to family, personal reasons, maybe they just wanna live in that nice Florida weather. I don't understand the immense pessimism about an entire program from one WR leaving.



It isn't great to have most of your portal entries from one or two positions. I'd think that puts the staff in a bind. But if there was any place that we probably had depth it was at offensive skill positions. Let's hope we have a healthy Jacoby Jones. I don't know if we will but it clearly would help here.

Replacing Rourke is a completely different issue and in my mind the biggest reason for pessimism going into 2024, but I think that we all expected that there was a good chance this would be his final year here. We just didn't know how his leaving would play out.


Thank you for actually explaining it and not being a jerk about it, I am still pretty new to caring about the portal (and college football in general LOL). I think compared to most MAC teams I've seen on ON3 we have not been gutted nearly as bad to the portal as others. But whatever happens its still early and we can always bring in some good offensive players in the portal. Or we can lose more people, who knows.
Back to Top
  
Campus Flow
General User



Member Since: 12/20/2004
Location: Alexandria, VA
Post Count: 4,952

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Bangura in the portal now too?
   Posted: 12/6/2023 5:20:05 PM 
FisherCat wrote:
Victory wrote:
FisherCat wrote:

There are hundreds of reasons to transfer: playing time, money, following friends, closer to family, personal reasons, maybe they just wanna live in that nice Florida weather. I don't understand the immense pessimism about an entire program from one WR leaving.



It isn't great to have most of your portal entries from one or two positions. I'd think that puts the staff in a bind. But if there was any place that we probably had depth it was at offensive skill positions. Let's hope we have a healthy Jacoby Jones. I don't know if we will but it clearly would help here.

Replacing Rourke is a completely different issue and in my mind the biggest reason for pessimism going into 2024, but I think that we all expected that there was a good chance this would be his final year here. We just didn't know how his leaving would play out.


Thank you for actually explaining it and not being a jerk about it, I am still pretty new to caring about the portal (and college football in general LOL). I think compared to most MAC teams I've seen on ON3 we have not been gutted nearly as bad to the portal as others. But whatever happens its still early and we can always bring in some good offensive players in the portal. Or we can lose more people, who knows.


They've shortened the portal to under a month so either they get picked up quickly or its a return to their team.

The proposed 30k stipend will further restrict movement because no guarantee you'll get that especially if a player moves down.


Most Memorable Bobcat Events Attended
2010 97-83 win over Georgetown in NCAA 1st round
2012 45-13 victory over ULM in the Independence Bowl
2015 34-3 drubbing of Miami @ Peden front of 25,086

Back to Top
  
Bobcat Love's Sense of Shame
General User

Member Since: 7/30/2010
Post Count: 3,283

Status: Online

  Message Not Read  RE: Bangura in the portal now too?
   Posted: 12/6/2023 6:43:30 PM 
Campus Flow wrote:
FisherCat wrote:
Victory wrote:
FisherCat wrote:

There are hundreds of reasons to transfer: playing time, money, following friends, closer to family, personal reasons, maybe they just wanna live in that nice Florida weather. I don't understand the immense pessimism about an entire program from one WR leaving.



It isn't great to have most of your portal entries from one or two positions. I'd think that puts the staff in a bind. But if there was any place that we probably had depth it was at offensive skill positions. Let's hope we have a healthy Jacoby Jones. I don't know if we will but it clearly would help here.

Replacing Rourke is a completely different issue and in my mind the biggest reason for pessimism going into 2024, but I think that we all expected that there was a good chance this would be his final year here. We just didn't know how his leaving would play out.


Thank you for actually explaining it and not being a jerk about it, I am still pretty new to caring about the portal (and college football in general LOL). I think compared to most MAC teams I've seen on ON3 we have not been gutted nearly as bad to the portal as others. But whatever happens its still early and we can always bring in some good offensive players in the portal. Or we can lose more people, who knows.


They've shortened the portal to under a month so either they get picked up quickly or its a return to their team.

The proposed 30k stipend will further restrict movement because no guarantee you'll get that especially if a player moves down.


30k is the minimum per athlete. Many schools will contribute far more, so I'm not sure this is an antidote to the portal. There will still be plenty of movement for more money.
Back to Top
  
Campus Flow
General User



Member Since: 12/20/2004
Location: Alexandria, VA
Post Count: 4,952

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Bangura in the portal now too?
   Posted: 12/6/2023 6:47:32 PM 
Bobcat Love's Sense of Shame wrote:
Campus Flow wrote:
FisherCat wrote:
Victory wrote:
FisherCat wrote:

There are hundreds of reasons to transfer: playing time, money, following friends, closer to family, personal reasons, maybe they just wanna live in that nice Florida weather. I don't understand the immense pessimism about an entire program from one WR leaving.



It isn't great to have most of your portal entries from one or two positions. I'd think that puts the staff in a bind. But if there was any place that we probably had depth it was at offensive skill positions. Let's hope we have a healthy Jacoby Jones. I don't know if we will but it clearly would help here.

Replacing Rourke is a completely different issue and in my mind the biggest reason for pessimism going into 2024, but I think that we all expected that there was a good chance this would be his final year here. We just didn't know how his leaving would play out.


Thank you for actually explaining it and not being a jerk about it, I am still pretty new to caring about the portal (and college football in general LOL). I think compared to most MAC teams I've seen on ON3 we have not been gutted nearly as bad to the portal as others. But whatever happens its still early and we can always bring in some good offensive players in the portal. Or we can lose more people, who knows.


They've shortened the portal to under a month so either they get picked up quickly or its a return to their team.

The proposed 30k stipend will further restrict movement because no guarantee you'll get that especially if a player moves down.


30k is the minimum per athlete. Many schools will contribute far more, so I'm not sure this is an antidote to the portal. There will still be plenty of movement for more money.


I suspect some conferences will be going with the minimum while the power leagues will go with more.

If its 100k for everyone in the Big Ten who is going to want to move down? Likewise who is going to move down from the MAC if that number is 30k?

It would be a consideration.


Most Memorable Bobcat Events Attended
2010 97-83 win over Georgetown in NCAA 1st round
2012 45-13 victory over ULM in the Independence Bowl
2015 34-3 drubbing of Miami @ Peden front of 25,086

Back to Top
  
L.C.
General User

Member Since: 8/31/2005
Location: United States
Post Count: 10,067

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Bangura in the portal now too?
   Posted: 12/6/2023 7:03:12 PM 
Campus Flow wrote:
They've shortened the portal to under a month so either they get picked up quickly or its a return to their team.
....

Unless I am mistaken, a return to the team is not automatic. I believe a team has to allow a player to return. In many cases, I presume they would, but their might also be cases in which they would not. An example might be if a player went into the portal, and the team found someone in the portal to replace him, but then the player changed his mind and would like to come back. His former position might not still be available.


“We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak.” ― Epictetus

Back to Top
  
BillyTheCat
General User

Member Since: 10/6/2012
Post Count: 9,471

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Bangura in the portal now too?
   Posted: 12/6/2023 11:30:28 PM 
M.D.W.S.T wrote:
Deciduous Forest Cat wrote:
M.D.W.S.T wrote:
Ohio69 wrote:
M.D.W.S.T wrote:
BillyTheCat wrote:
And some think people are leaving because of our staff. They are leaving because they make more money elsewhere


Keep telling yourself that the reason our back-ups are leaving is because teams are keeping them in diamonds and fur.


It has to be a huge part of it. (Hell didn't Mark Sears and family say it out loud when he entered?) As well as the overall "experience" of sellout stadiums on national tv.....





Mark Sears is the leading scorer on a sweet 16 team.

Bangura will probably be a starter on a Big 10 team.

Obviously, money is a real motivator for the very top 10% of these guys.

I'm talking about back-ups who have a chance to be starters and are running away as fast as they can. Miles Cross isn't filming music videos with DJ Khaled just because he might go to FAU. They're not rolling out the red carpet for the 4th receiver at Western Michigan. He will be receiving - maybe - more than he did at OU, but he's taking a lateral move at best. Like most of the non-starters who jump in the portal.


Miles Cross was a starter. What are you talking about most of the time?


It's clear you don't watch games, but do you have access to google?

Miles Cross was our 3rd WR. Last year he was our 4th WR. Though he did start some games this season after injuries to the starters. Yes. Got me. Nailed it. Good stuff as always.

And my point stands LOL He has a chance to be the #1 WR next season... He was a back-up... and you're complaining about him being a starter this season.... which okay? cool.... I apologies to him and his family... anyway, he would start next season... and he's leaving... this was some how dumber than I thought it would be.

I love trolls, but at least try to be a smart one.


How was Cross our 3rd WR when he started the most games? you really do have anger issues. That is cool though, I just saw where donkey coffee is having weekly sessions for such issues. The schedule it around MAC-tion so people can attend.
Back to Top
  
BillyTheCat
General User

Member Since: 10/6/2012
Post Count: 9,471

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Bangura in the portal now too?
   Posted: 12/6/2023 11:33:59 PM 
M.D.W.S.T wrote:
Deciduous Forest Cat wrote:
M.D.W.S.T wrote:
Ohio69 wrote:
M.D.W.S.T wrote:
BillyTheCat wrote:
And some think people are leaving because of our staff. They are leaving because they make more money elsewhere


Keep telling yourself that the reason our back-ups are leaving is because teams are keeping them in diamonds and fur.


It has to be a huge part of it. (Hell didn't Mark Sears and family say it out loud when he entered?) As well as the overall "experience" of sellout stadiums on national tv.....





Mark Sears is the leading scorer on a sweet 16 team.

Bangura will probably be a starter on a Big 10 team.

Obviously, money is a real motivator for the very top 10% of these guys.

I'm talking about back-ups who have a chance to be starters and are running away as fast as they can. Miles Cross isn't filming music videos with DJ Khaled just because he might go to FAU. They're not rolling out the red carpet for the 4th receiver at Western Michigan. He will be receiving - maybe - more than he did at OU, but he's taking a lateral move at best. Like most of the non-starters who jump in the portal.


Miles Cross was a starter. What are you talking about most of the time?


It's clear you don't watch games, but do you have access to google?

Miles Cross was our 3rd WR. Last year he was our 4th WR. Though he did start some games this season after injuries to the starters. Yes. Got me. Nailed it. Good stuff as always.

And my point stands LOL He has a chance to be the #1 WR next season... He was a back-up... and you're complaining about him being a starter this season.... which okay? cool.... I apologies to him and his family... anyway, he would start next season... and he's leaving... this was some how dumber than I thought it would be.

I love trolls, but at least try to be a smart one.


No wide receivers started more games than Cross. Only troll here is you. Wrong and when you are wrong you get angry. Backups do not lead a team in starts. Because if you are starting, you are not a back up.
Back to Top
  
Showing Replies:  1 - 25  of 58 Posts
Jump to Page:  1 | 2 | 3    Next >
View Other 'Ohio Football' Topics
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             







Copyright ©2024 BobcatAttack.com. All rights reserved.  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Use
Partner of USA TODAY Sports Digital Properties