Welcome Guest!
Create an Account
login email:
password:
site searchwhere to watchcontact usabout usadvertise with ushelp
Message Board

BobcatAttack.com Message Board
Ohio Football
Topic:  Official Myrtle Beach Bowl Game Thread: Georgia Southern

Topic:  Official Myrtle Beach Bowl Game Thread: Georgia Southern
Author
Message
Ted Thompson
Administrator



Member Since: 11/11/2004
Location: MAC Play
Post Count: 7,397

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  Official Myrtle Beach Bowl Game Thread: Georgia Southern
   Posted: 12/6/2023 10:44:40 PM 

Use this thread to talk about anything game-related. For away games, we'll have a separate travel thread.

Date: December 16th, 2023 11:00 AM

Opponent: Georgia Southern  (6-6, 3-5 Sun Belt)

Site: Brooks Stadium in Conway, SC

TV/Webcast: ESPN

Radio: The Varsity Network App (free) 

Georgia Southern statisticsroster and media guide

Georgia Southern message board:  GSUFans.com


Follow Ohio Football recruiting on the BobcatAttack.com football recruiting database.

Back to Top
  
Cats5
General User

Member Since: 6/14/2017
Post Count: 949

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Myrtle Beach Bowl Game Thread: Georgia Southern
   Posted: 12/6/2023 11:53:37 PM 
This game will show how good or bad some of the newly recruited guys are
Back to Top
  
LuckySparrow
General User



Member Since: 10/15/2012
Location: Illinois
Post Count: 1,722

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Myrtle Beach Bowl Game Thread: Georgia Southern
   Posted: 12/7/2023 7:50:18 AM 
So far, our defense remains intact. But for our offense, this is the start of the 2024 season. I hope Albin is rallying the squad big time because this bowl game still matters to me.

Let's get 10 wins!


What a day at the Convo.....Wow!

Back to Top
  
Bobcat1998
General User

Member Since: 11/7/2012
Post Count: 2,232

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Myrtle Beach Bowl Game Thread: Georgia Southern
   Posted: 12/7/2023 8:23:08 AM 
I know it won't happen because Albin is as vanilla as they come but I really hope they open up the offense under Navarro. Heck, throw in Winters or Wither as well and just launch. I hope Navarro does a ton of option because Kurtis did very little of that this year. Let Hendricks and Wiglusz shine. Hendricks needs to build confidence as our probable No. 1 next year and Wiglusz is owed a fantastic final game in a Bobcat uniform. I want to see Hunt in the flat and I want to see our tight ends eat because the two of them are amazing and were utilized, yet again, sporadically. I don't care if we win or lose this game. It does not mean anything to me other than getting to see some new dudes play. I actually feel freer with this game because it's house money. The only question is: Will Albin play like he has house money or will he go "run, run, incomplete pass, punt?"

Oh yeah, and I hope our defense clobbers them. I want to see one more game of Houston and Thompson knocking the other team into next week!
Back to Top
  
Campus Flow
General User



Member Since: 12/20/2004
Location: Alexandria, VA
Post Count: 4,952

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Myrtle Beach Bowl Game Thread: Georgia Southern
   Posted: 12/7/2023 8:54:44 AM 
Back to back 10 win seasons and also a chance to win 5th bowl appearance in a row.


Most Memorable Bobcat Events Attended
2010 97-83 win over Georgetown in NCAA 1st round
2012 45-13 victory over ULM in the Independence Bowl
2015 34-3 drubbing of Miami @ Peden front of 25,086

Back to Top
  
Deciduous Forest Cat
General User

Member Since: 12/20/2004
Location: Ohio
Post Count: 4,306

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Myrtle Beach Bowl Game Thread: Georgia Southern
   Posted: 12/7/2023 9:02:12 AM 
one word: Wishbone!
Back to Top
  
SBH
General User

Member Since: 12/20/2004
Post Count: 3,749

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Myrtle Beach Bowl Game Thread: Georgia Southern
   Posted: 12/7/2023 9:44:29 AM 
Rourke showed zero fire this year. He had moved on mentally before the season started.
Back to Top
  
bobcatsquared
General User

Member Since: 12/20/2004
Post Count: 5,039

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Myrtle Beach Bowl Game Thread: Georgia Southern
   Posted: 12/7/2023 9:53:05 AM 
Bobcat1998 wrote:
Will Albin play like he has house money or will he go "run, run, incomplete pass, punt?"


Spot on, 1998. Except for a little tweek. I see it as incomplete pass, run up the middle for minimal gain, incomplete pass, punt.
Back to Top
  
M.D.W.S.T
General User



Member Since: 12/23/2021
Post Count: 1,780

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Myrtle Beach Bowl Game Thread: Georgia Southern
   Posted: 12/7/2023 10:19:29 AM 
LuckySparrow wrote:
So far, our defense remains intact. But for our offense, this is the start of the 2024 season. I hope Albin is rallying the squad big time because this bowl game still matters to me.

Let's get 10 wins!


A million percent.

FIVE-straight bowl wins on the line.

That would make lil ol' Ohio University tied for 3rd longest active streak in FBS.


Forget our offense is leaving. Forget the disappointment. Bowl time is here. It's not a throw away game. Bowls are important. Even if just from a national/regional reputation perspective. This is our payoff. 10 wins. ANOTHER Bowl W.
Back to Top
  
OUcats82
General User



Member Since: 1/9/2005
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Post Count: 1,827

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Myrtle Beach Bowl Game Thread: Georgia Southern
   Posted: 12/7/2023 12:00:13 PM 
Does GS's roster appear to be fully intact from the regular season from what anyone has heard?

I guess the Eagles don't have any tape on who will be lining up in the Bobcats' backfield for this game? That can be helpful for a play or two, right? =)

Here's hoping the guys will play with their hair on fire and let it loose in this game.


I also hope that the Albin brain trust is scouring the portal for some help in the QB room for next year.


Ohio-The State University

Back to Top
  
IceCat76
General User

Member Since: 12/5/2016
Location: Byfield, MA
Post Count: 247

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Myrtle Beach Bowl Game Thread: Georgia Southern
   Posted: 12/7/2023 2:22:32 PM 
OUcats82 wrote:


I also hope that the Albin brain trust is scouring the portal for some help in the QB room for next year.


He might surprise us with a mid level QB. There are so many top QBs already in the portal as they pick landing spots the mid level QBs will bailout.
Keep a positive thought.
Back to Top
  
greencat
General User



Member Since: 3/12/2005
Post Count: 2,050

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Myrtle Beach Bowl Game Thread: Georgia Southern
   Posted: 12/7/2023 3:16:49 PM 
IceCat76 wrote:
OUcats82 wrote:


I also hope that the Albin brain trust is scouring the portal for some help in the QB room for next year.


He might surprise us with a mid level QB. There are so many top QBs already in the portal as they pick landing spots the mid level QBs will bailout.
Keep a positive thought.


If Vandy takes Rourke, get one of their three QBs from the portal.

Maybe this former h.s. star -
https://vucommodores.com/sports/football/roster/season/20... /
Back to Top
  
71 BOBCAT
General User

Member Since: 12/20/2004
Post Count: 1,854

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Myrtle Beach Bowl Game Thread: Georgia Southern
   Posted: 12/7/2023 3:50:59 PM 
Does anyone have any knowledge how many Georgia Southern players have entered the portal?





71 BOBCAT
Back to Top
  
Pataskala
General User

Member Since: 7/8/2010
Location: At least six feet away from anybody else
Post Count: 9,152

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Myrtle Beach Bowl Game Thread: Georgia Southern
   Posted: 12/7/2023 4:08:44 PM 
One bright spot -- Navarro has the team's longest run from scrimmage this season, 62 yds. Now if the O line can do its job....


We will get by.
We will get by.
We will get by.
We will survive.

Back to Top
  
greencat
General User



Member Since: 3/12/2005
Post Count: 2,050

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Myrtle Beach Bowl Game Thread: Georgia Southern
   Posted: 12/7/2023 11:07:51 PM 
71 BOBCAT wrote:
Does anyone have any knowledge how many Georgia Southern players have entered the portal?





71 BOBCAT


https://www.on3.com/college/georgia-southern-eagles/trans...

Back to Top
  
M.D.W.S.T
General User



Member Since: 12/23/2021
Post Count: 1,780

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Myrtle Beach Bowl Game Thread: Georgia Southern
   Posted: 12/8/2023 11:01:33 AM 
71 BOBCAT wrote:
Does anyone have any knowledge how many Georgia Southern players have entered the portal?





71 BOBCAT


Four.

A long-snapper.
A DL who didn't play.
A 3rd string QB who didn't play.
A 4th string DB who mostly played ST, was 10th among DB's in tackles.
Back to Top
  
100%Cat
General User



Member Since: 1/17/2013
Post Count: 2,491

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Myrtle Beach Bowl Game Thread: Georgia Southern
   Posted: 12/8/2023 1:28:42 PM 
I'm disappointed that we won't be able to make this game due to prior travel plans. I can say, for anyone who hasn't been there, Coastal has an interesting campus. I was down there for the college basketball tourney Ohio was in several years ago. The campus was well-maintained, clean, and "new" looking. The gym was...something. It was literally like going to a basketball game in the Ping Center. One side of the facility was the student rec center, the other side the basketball court (with minimal bleacher seating). They had some cool little trolley/bus things you could use to get from parking to the "arena" while I was there. MB is a pretty easy drive from Athens.
Back to Top
  
Bobcat Jerry
General User

Member Since: 5/3/2017
Post Count: 215

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Myrtle Beach Bowl Game Thread: Georgia Southern
   Posted: 12/8/2023 6:10:28 PM 
100%Cat wrote:
I'm disappointed that we won't be able to make this game due to prior travel plans. I can say, for anyone who hasn't been there, Coastal has an interesting campus. I was down there for the college basketball tourney Ohio was in several years ago. The campus was well-maintained, clean, and "new" looking. The gym was...something. It was literally like going to a basketball game in the Ping Center. One side of the facility was the student rec center, the other side the basketball court (with minimal bleacher seating). They had some cool little trolley/bus things you could use to get from parking to the "arena" while I was there. MB is a pretty easy drive from Athens.


Back to Top
  
Bobcat Jerry
General User

Member Since: 5/3/2017
Post Count: 215

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Myrtle Beach Bowl Game Thread: Georgia Southern
   Posted: 12/8/2023 6:14:20 PM 
Bobcat Jerry wrote:
100%Cat wrote:
I'm disappointed that we won't be able to make this game due to prior travel plans. I can say, for anyone who hasn't been there, Coastal has an interesting campus. I was down there for the college basketball tourney Ohio was in several years ago. The campus was well-maintained, clean, and "new" looking. The gym was...something. It was literally like going to a basketball game in the Ping Center. One side of the facility was the student rec center, the other side the basketball court (with minimal bleacher seating). They had some cool little trolley/bus things you could use to get from parking to the "arena" while I was there. MB is a pretty easy drive from Athens.




Seems like Ohio football avoided this portal nonsense until this year. So the "Bobcat portals" can't play right? So how can Vegas place bets on the games when team personnel are such a variable ?
Back to Top
  
Campus Flow
General User



Member Since: 12/20/2004
Location: Alexandria, VA
Post Count: 4,952

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Myrtle Beach Bowl Game Thread: Georgia Southern
   Posted: 12/9/2023 11:59:07 AM 
Ohio is tied for the 4th longest bowl winning streak behind Alabama(8), Minnestota(6), Troy(5). No MAC school has ever won 5 bowl games in a row so there is a chance to set a record. Marshall has the G5 record at 7 consecutive bowl wins.

https://mcubed.net/ncaaf/bowls/strkawin.shtml


Most Memorable Bobcat Events Attended
2010 97-83 win over Georgetown in NCAA 1st round
2012 45-13 victory over ULM in the Independence Bowl
2015 34-3 drubbing of Miami @ Peden front of 25,086

Back to Top
  
DC_United47
General User

Member Since: 7/23/2022
Post Count: 76

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Myrtle Beach Bowl Game Thread: Georgia Southern
   Posted: 12/9/2023 3:50:23 PM 
What’s our plan to win this game? Fortunately defense and special teams seem to be in tact. But offensively it’s just Sam, Chase, and the tight ends as far as skill players. I wouldn’t be surprised to see us play more two tight ends sets any way. Probably what we should’ve been doing all along or at least after Jacoby got hurt. Kazmarek and Foster are probably some of the best players on the team if not the best TEs in the conference. Offense is going to have to rely on them to make plays!
Back to Top
  
BryanHall
General User

Member Since: 9/11/2010
Post Count: 490

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Myrtle Beach Bowl Game Thread: Georgia Southern
   Posted: 12/9/2023 3:58:23 PM 
DC_United47 wrote:
What’s our plan to win this game? Fortunately defense and special teams seem to be in tact. But offensively it’s just Sam, Chase, and the tight ends as far as skill players. I wouldn’t be surprised to see us play more two tight ends sets any way. Probably what we should’ve been doing all along or at least after Jacoby got hurt. Kazmarek and Foster are probably some of the best players on the team if not the best TEs in the conference. Offense is going to have to rely on them to make plays!


Some of these are wish list items that I would've hoped for during the season. I would've liked to see Foster get more targets than he had during the year.

I'd expect lots of option runs by Navarro. I would guess that Navarro will lead the team in rushing yards for the game.
Back to Top
  
71 BOBCAT
General User

Member Since: 12/20/2004
Post Count: 1,854

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Myrtle Beach Bowl Game Thread: Georgia Southern
   Posted: 12/9/2023 8:33:34 PM 
Look like all the guys in the portal have been removed from the roster.








71 BOBCAT
Back to Top
  
Trevor Stephens
General User

Member Since: 12/13/2017
Post Count: 249

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Myrtle Beach Bowl Game Thread: Georgia Southern (NT)
   Posted: 12/10/2023 2:56:43 PM 

Last Edited: 12/10/2023 2:57:09 PM by Trevor Stephens

Back to Top
  
Trevor Stephens
General User

Member Since: 12/13/2017
Post Count: 249

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Myrtle Beach Bowl Game Thread: Georgia Southern
   Posted: 12/10/2023 2:57:40 PM 
DC_United47 wrote:
What’s our plan to win this game? Fortunately defense and special teams seem to be in tact. But offensively it’s just Sam, Chase, and the tight ends as far as skill players. I wouldn’t be surprised to see us play more two tight ends sets any way. Probably what we should’ve been doing all along or at least after Jacoby got hurt. Kazmarek and Foster are probably some of the best players on the team if not the best TEs in the conference. Offense is going to have to rely on them to make plays!


We are going to run the ball on every play and only pass when needed.

Last Edited: 12/10/2023 2:58:02 PM by Trevor Stephens

Back to Top
  
Showing Replies:  1 - 25  of 166 Posts
Jump to Page:  1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7    Next >
View Other 'Ohio Football' Topics
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             







Copyright ©2024 BobcatAttack.com. All rights reserved.  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Use
Partner of USA TODAY Sports Digital Properties