Welcome Guest!
Create an Account
login email:
password:
site searchwhere to watchcontact usabout usadvertise with ushelp
Message Board

BobcatAttack.com Message Board
Ohio Basketball
Topic:  RE: 2021-2022 Schedule

Topic:  RE: 2021-2022 Schedule
Author
Message
OUcat
General User

Member Since: 10/13/2011
Post Count: 21

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2021-2022 Schedule
   Posted: 9/2/2021 3:42:22 PM 
Frankly believe a sked with 2 Mo-Valley, 2-A-10s, 2-CUSA, 2-Colonial, 2-Horizon is better than 2/3 P5s and a bunch of MEAC/SWAC and the like.
Back to Top
  
GoCats105
General User

Member Since: 1/31/2006
Location: Austin, TX
Post Count: 6,068

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2021-2022 Schedule
   Posted: 9/2/2021 4:06:38 PM 
UpSan Bobcat wrote:
Home game against Belmont on Nov. 9 has been added to the schedule.


I wonder which team greencat is gonna cheer for. Love this game.

Last Edited: 9/2/2021 4:07:37 PM by GoCats105

Back to Top
  
FearLeon
General User



Member Since: 3/12/2005
Post Count: 2,466

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2021-2022 Schedule
   Posted: 9/2/2021 4:08:09 PM 
shabamon wrote:
UpSan Bobcat wrote:
Home game against Belmont on Nov. 9 has been added to the schedule.


Returns all but one bench guy from a team that went 26-4 and really got hosed out of an at-large bid a year ago. Best player is a senior out of Pickerington. If P5s don't want to play us, top of the league mid majors it must be. That will be a huge test.


Fantastic game. Zero complaints here. I’m guessing we are going to Belmont next year.



#BleedGreen #TrentIsGOAT

Back to Top
  
OU_Country
General User



Member Since: 12/6/2005
Location: On the road between Athens and Madison County
Post Count: 7,985

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2021-2022 Schedule
   Posted: 9/2/2021 4:24:37 PM 
FearLeon wrote:
shabamon wrote:
UpSan Bobcat wrote:
Home game against Belmont on Nov. 9 has been added to the schedule.


Returns all but one bench guy from a team that went 26-4 and really got hosed out of an at-large bid a year ago. Best player is a senior out of Pickerington. If P5s don't want to play us, top of the league mid majors it must be. That will be a huge test.


Fantastic game. Zero complaints here. I’m guessing we are going to Belmont next year.




If you were a season ticket holder (raises hand), you would have complaints about the lack of weekend home games so far.

Back to Top
  
GoCats105
General User

Member Since: 1/31/2006
Location: Austin, TX
Post Count: 6,068

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2021-2022 Schedule
   Posted: 9/2/2021 4:34:05 PM 
Hosting St. Francis on December 4th.
Back to Top
  
shabamon
General User



Member Since: 11/17/2006
Location: Cincinnati
Post Count: 4,316

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2021-2022 Schedule
   Posted: 9/2/2021 4:53:40 PM 
^A Saturday.
Back to Top
  
FearLeon
General User



Member Since: 3/12/2005
Post Count: 2,466

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2021-2022 Schedule
   Posted: 9/2/2021 5:27:46 PM 
OU_Country wrote:
FearLeon wrote:
shabamon wrote:
UpSan Bobcat wrote:
Home game against Belmont on Nov. 9 has been added to the schedule.


Returns all but one bench guy from a team that went 26-4 and really got hosed out of an at-large bid a year ago. Best player is a senior out of Pickerington. If P5s don't want to play us, top of the league mid majors it must be. That will be a huge test.


Fantastic game. Zero complaints here. I’m guessing we are going to Belmont next year.




If you were a season ticket holder (raises hand), you would have complaints about the lack of weekend home games so far.



I hear ya. I was only commenting on just the specific game being on Ohio’s home schedule… not the date.


#BleedGreen #TrentIsGOAT

Back to Top
  
OU_Country
General User



Member Since: 12/6/2005
Location: On the road between Athens and Madison County
Post Count: 7,985

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2021-2022 Schedule
   Posted: 9/7/2021 10:04:30 AM 
FearLeon wrote:

I hear ya. I was only commenting on just the specific game being on Ohio’s home schedule… not the date.



Agree -- that's a good game to have on the schedule.
Back to Top
  
El Gato Roberto
General User



Member Since: 12/20/2004
Location: Illinois
Post Count: 867

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2021-2022 Schedule
   Posted: 9/9/2021 8:24:42 AM 
How many games do you think they will add?


"The name's Ohio University, but everybody calls me Ohio. Any of you guys call me Ohio U, and I'll kill you."

Back to Top
  
OU_Country
General User



Member Since: 12/6/2005
Location: On the road between Athens and Madison County
Post Count: 7,985

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2021-2022 Schedule
   Posted: 9/9/2021 10:34:52 AM 
El Gato Roberto wrote:
How many games do you think they will add?


I would have to think a minimum of five more. That gives them 30 total. I forget the rules and how the "tournaments" play into the max number of games, but 29-31 games seems to be the norm. I would expect a Rio Grande type game in there sometime in December. There's a 24 day gap between games in December, so logic would say that 4-5 games fit into that pretty nicely while still allowing for finals and Christmas break.
Back to Top
  
shabamon
General User



Member Since: 11/17/2006
Location: Cincinnati
Post Count: 4,316

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2021-2022 Schedule
   Posted: 9/13/2021 1:16:38 PM 
Home vs Marshall Wednesday, December 15.
Back to Top
  
Buckeye to Bobcat
General User

Member Since: 9/10/2013
Post Count: 1,621

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2021-2022 Schedule
   Posted: 9/13/2021 1:40:00 PM 
Great schedule that is only going to get better. Rather us hold those last couple dates off in case we get a COVID big time non-league game (as in someone cancels and needs a last minute game)
Back to Top
  
bobcatsquared
General User

Member Since: 12/20/2004
Post Count: 3,565

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2021-2022 Schedule
   Posted: 9/13/2021 5:05:59 PM 
Hey, OUCountry - another interesting home matchup but on a weeknight.
Back to Top
  
shabamon
General User



Member Since: 11/17/2006
Location: Cincinnati
Post Count: 4,316

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2021-2022 Schedule
   Posted: 9/13/2021 8:11:39 PM 
Home vs USC-Upstate Wednesday 12/22.

Probably one more game to announce. C'mon Bonnies....
Back to Top
  
shabamon
General User



Member Since: 11/17/2006
Location: Cincinnati
Post Count: 4,316

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2021-2022 Schedule
   Posted: 9/13/2021 8:19:06 PM 
Upstate is coached by Dave Dickerson who was on Ohio State's staff for many of the same years Boals was.
Back to Top
  
FearLeon
General User



Member Since: 3/12/2005
Post Count: 2,466

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2021-2022 Schedule
   Posted: 9/14/2021 12:12:05 PM 
Aside from so many weeknight home games which stinks for season ticket holders, I think this is a damn good schedule. My biggest complaint is how we couldn't get into some tournament where we play three games at one site like we've done in years past. To me, that's the only bummer. Other than that, zero complaints from me with how Coach Boals was able to schedule quality games this year.

Last Edited: 9/14/2021 12:13:42 PM by FearLeon


#BleedGreen #TrentIsGOAT

Back to Top
  
SVAC83
General User

Member Since: 10/1/2019
Post Count: 130

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2021-2022 Schedule
   Posted: 9/14/2021 8:38:38 PM 
i believe it could be Iona, st. bonaventure or davidson maybe. who knows for sure
Back to Top
  
shabamon
General User



Member Since: 11/17/2006
Location: Cincinnati
Post Count: 4,316

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2021-2022 Schedule
   Posted: 9/14/2021 8:55:25 PM 
Iona has already released their schedule and it's looking like Bonaventure's schedule is full.
Back to Top
  
SVAC83
General User

Member Since: 10/1/2019
Post Count: 130

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2021-2022 Schedule
   Posted: 9/15/2021 9:14:32 AM 
i must miss understood how the D1 docket worked i thought the schedules that weren't greyed out were not full yet and had possible open dates available. I was just looking at some teams that looked like they had openings and we had some history with
Back to Top
  
OU_Country
General User



Member Since: 12/6/2005
Location: On the road between Athens and Madison County
Post Count: 7,985

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2021-2022 Schedule
   Posted: 9/15/2021 11:53:17 AM 
bobcatsquared wrote:
Hey, OUCountry - another interesting home matchup but on a weeknight.


Seriously, what gives? It's almost like they're doing this on purpose because of COVID.
Back to Top
  
shabamon
General User



Member Since: 11/17/2006
Location: Cincinnati
Post Count: 4,316

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2021-2022 Schedule
   Posted: 9/15/2021 4:48:17 PM 
Check out this scheduling model from the Horizon League.

https://horizonleague.org/news/2021/9/14/mens-basketball-...

All teams play two conference games between December 2 and 5, then resume league play on December 30. This is what I want the MAC to adopt if we're going to 20 league games. I'd much rather see a MAC team, even if it's Eastern Michigan, on December 4th instead of St. Francis (PA). Stick that game between Christmas and New Years.
Back to Top
  
OU_Country
General User



Member Since: 12/6/2005
Location: On the road between Athens and Madison County
Post Count: 7,985

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2021-2022 Schedule
   Posted: 9/15/2021 5:01:02 PM 
shabamon wrote:
Check out this scheduling model from the Horizon League.

https://horizonleague.org/news/2021/9/14/mens-basketball-...

All teams play two conference games between December 2 and 5, then resume league play on December 30. This is what I want the MAC to adopt if we're going to 20 league games. I'd much rather see a MAC team, even if it's Eastern Michigan, on December 4th instead of St. Francis (PA). Stick that game between Christmas and New Years.


Agree. Getting the best and biggest games happening when students are on campus is a good idea.
Back to Top
  
Buckeye to Bobcat
General User

Member Since: 9/10/2013
Post Count: 1,621

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2021-2022 Schedule
   Posted: 9/16/2021 12:35:57 PM 
OU_Country wrote:
shabamon wrote:
Check out this scheduling model from the Horizon League.

https://horizonleague.org/news/2021/9/14/mens-basketball-...

All teams play two conference games between December 2 and 5, then resume league play on December 30. This is what I want the MAC to adopt if we're going to 20 league games. I'd much rather see a MAC team, even if it's Eastern Michigan, on December 4th instead of St. Francis (PA). Stick that game between Christmas and New Years.


Agree. Getting the best and biggest games happening when students are on campus is a good idea.


Personally wish they could pair this with a football Saturday in November, but we all know the MACtion gods (ESPN) would never allow this to happen. Football at noon, basketball at 6.
Back to Top
  
.
General User

Member Since: 2/3/2005
Post Count: 2,849

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2021-2022 Schedule
   Posted: 9/16/2021 3:54:32 PM 
Buckeye to Bobcat wrote:
OU_Country wrote:
shabamon wrote:
Check out this scheduling model from the Horizon League.

https://horizonleague.org/news/2021/9/14/mens-basketball-...

All teams play two conference games between December 2 and 5, then resume league play on December 30. This is what I want the MAC to adopt if we're going to 20 league games. I'd much rather see a MAC team, even if it's Eastern Michigan, on December 4th instead of St. Francis (PA). Stick that game between Christmas and New Years.


Agree. Getting the best and biggest games happening when students are on campus is a good idea.


Personally wish they could pair this with a football Saturday in November, but we all know the MACtion gods (ESPN) would never allow this to happen. Football at noon, basketball at 6.


My idea is to play the game on Saturday and have everyone agree not to spoil the result, like a game of Jeopardy!, and then air the game on a Wednesday.

Last Edited: 9/16/2021 3:55:15 PM by .

Back to Top
  
Taiwan BC
General User

Member Since: 12/20/2004
Location: Kaohsiung
Post Count: 327

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2021-2022 Schedule
   Posted: 9/16/2021 4:57:31 PM 
I like your idea (.). You could call it the “Mums the Word!” game of the week, sponsored by Mumms Champagne.

What happens in Athens, stays in Athens… Until Wednesday night, anyways…

Ok, I’ll stop now…
Back to Top
  
Showing Replies:  101 - 125  of 238 Posts
Jump to Page:  < Previous    1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10    Next >
View Other 'Ohio Basketball' Topics
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             




Copyright ©2021 BobcatAttack.com. All rights reserved.  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Use
Partner of USA TODAY Sports Digital Properties