Welcome Guest!
Create an Account
login email:
password:
site searchwhere to watchcontact usabout usadvertise with ushelp
Message Board

BobcatAttack.com Message Board
Ohio Basketball
Topic:  RE: Official Game 4 Thread: Kentucky

Topic:  RE: Official Game 4 Thread: Kentucky
Author
Message
MonroeClassmate
General User

Member Since: 8/31/2010
Post Count: 1,406

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 4 Thread: Kentucky
   Posted: 11/17/2021 7:51:31 PM 
IMO the Bobcat team on the floor this season is more dynamic then the team that played Creighton:

Having a better defender at the point and significantly more diverse offensive weapon in Carter to go along with now more experienced Roderick, Brown and McDay. Not to mention another off season for all in OUr coach’s system.

I don’t know what this will mean Friday night but I believe this team will have a better chance than last years’s and of course it would even be better if DW was 100%

Go Bobcats!

Back to Top
  
lovebobcat
General User

Member Since: 12/23/2004
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Post Count: 418

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 4 Thread: Kentucky
   Posted: 11/17/2021 9:52:50 PM 
I remember so many close games against Kentucky in the last 30+ years, a few of which I'd been to, that I thought I'd look them up. Five of the last six meetings were decided by 10 points or fewer.

'89-90: 76-73 in Rupp (Pitino's very first game as UK coach)
'91-92: 73-63 in Cincinnati (OU led at the half)
'94-95: 79-74 in Rupp (OU was ranked No. 14 after Preseason NIT and led late)
'97-98: 95-58 in Athens (this was UK's national championship team under Tubby Smith)
'02-03: 83-75 in Cincinnati (OU rallied from 18 down to get within 3 with a minute left)
'05-06: 71-63 in Cincinnati (OU led by nine with about 12 minutes left)

Still, overall OU is 1-14 in this series, with the lone victory coming in the 1964 NCAAs.

As my friend often says, OU has mastered the art of the near-upset. Maybe that Virginia game in the tournament last year has given this group the belief that it can finish off a seismic upset.
Back to Top
  
giacomo
General User

Member Since: 11/20/2007
Post Count: 2,018

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 4 Thread: Kentucky
   Posted: 11/17/2021 10:14:59 PM 
I’m happy we are playing this game. We should be playing 3 or 4 like this every year. It helps elevate the program and tells us where we are.
Back to Top
  
Mike Johnson
General User



Member Since: 11/11/2004
Location: North Canton, OH
Post Count: 1,577

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 4 Thread: Kentucky
   Posted: 11/17/2021 11:34:06 PM 
El Gato Roberto wrote:
Taiwan BC wrote:
This is the game that we will miss Dwight the most. Last year, he was able to play Cockburn well, limiting (Yeah, I said limiting) him to 13 pts and 14 boards. Tshiebwe is a beast and we don't have anyone to challenge him down low... Offensively, we can drag him out to the perimeter if JC is shooting 3's but defensively, he will be next to impossible to counter. It's going to take some excellent 3 pt shooting by the Bobcats and we have to hope the opposite happens to them. Not impossible, but not likely either. I just hope we play them tough and try not to get blown out so that the computer ranking numbers don't crush us.
I also think this is a great experience for the team to play in a big time environment. I hope it helps us in March...

GO BOBCATS!


Fully agree. Getting a chance to compete with Kentucky at Rupp is going to be a great experience.


A friend of mine, now deceased, played at Georgia Tech in the early 50s. He loved to relate how his Yellow Jackets went into Rupp Arena as underdogs and came out a winner. His joy in that accomplishment never diminished.


http://www.facebook.com/mikejohnson.author

Back to Top
  
Bobcatbob
General User



Member Since: 12/21/2004
Location: Coolville, OH
Post Count: 1,314

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 4 Thread: Kentucky
   Posted: 11/18/2021 7:27:36 AM 
We were at that 2005 game in Cincy and Ohio was in control most of the game. Although at a “neutral” site UK fans filled the place who were celebrating before the game even started. Once Ohio went ahead - and stayed ahead - it was like a morgue.

However, UK regained the lead with only a few minutes remaining (as I recall) and the noise was deafening. We could literally see the intimidation of it affecting OUr guys. I have never been anywhere where the crowd was louder. It was scary. So, hopefully, Coach has the Convo speakers turned up to 11 this week.
Back to Top
  
Andrew Ruck
General User



Member Since: 12/22/2004
Location: Columbus, OH
Post Count: 3,583

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 4 Thread: Kentucky
   Posted: 11/18/2021 8:56:55 AM 
Bobcatbob wrote:
We were at that 2005 game in Cincy and Ohio was in control most of the game. Although at a “neutral” site UK fans filled the place who were celebrating before the game even started. Once Ohio went ahead - and stayed ahead - it was like a morgue.

However, UK regained the lead with only a few minutes remaining (as I recall) and the noise was deafening. We could literally see the intimidation of it affecting OUr guys. I have never been anywhere where the crowd was louder. It was scary. So, hopefully, Coach has the Convo speakers turned up to 11 this week.


I was there and remember it exactly the same. The crowd was very unimpressive and then with a snap of the fingers it was the loudest I had ever heard in arena.


Andrew Ruck
B.B.A. 2003

Back to Top
  
shabamon
General User



Member Since: 11/17/2006
Location: Cincinnati
Post Count: 4,316

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 4 Thread: Kentucky
   Posted: 11/18/2021 9:11:56 AM 
That was the true beginning to the end of Jeremy Fears' time as a Bobcat.
Back to Top
  
The Optimist
General User



Member Since: 3/16/2007
Location: Akron (sleeper agent)
Post Count: 5,153

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 4 Thread: Kentucky
   Posted: 11/18/2021 9:56:16 AM 
shabamon wrote:
That was the true beginning to the end of Jeremy Fears' time as a Bobcat.

This reminded me to go make-sure Jeremy Fears Jr wasn't considering Kentucky... They failed to make the cut like we did... Memphis, Michigan, Michigan State, Illinois, Kansas, UConn, Indiana, and Missouri.

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/iu-basketball-recruiting-... /


I've seen crazier things happen.

Black 41 Flash Reverse

Back to Top
  
Ted Thompson
Administrator



Member Since: 11/11/2004
Location: MAC Play
Post Count: 6,745

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 4 Thread: Kentucky
   Posted: 11/18/2021 3:12:04 PM 

A little about the 1994 Ohio/UK game: http://www.bigbluehistory.net/bb/Statistics/Games/19941130Ohio.html


Follow Ohio Football recruiting on the BobcatAttack.com football recruiting database.

Back to Top
  
cbarber357
General User

Member Since: 9/9/2012
Location: Pickerington, OH
Post Count: 623

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 4 Thread: Kentucky
   Posted: 11/18/2021 4:27:54 PM 
Calipari seems to be taking us seriously. At the least he does not consider us to be a “tune-up” game like their other opponents.

https://www.kentucky.com/sports/college/kentucky-sports/u...
Back to Top
  
El Gato Roberto
General User



Member Since: 12/20/2004
Location: Illinois
Post Count: 867

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 4 Thread: Kentucky
   Posted: 11/18/2021 5:07:42 PM 
cbarber357 wrote:
Calipari seems to be taking us seriously. At the least he does not consider us to be a “tune-up” game like their other opponents.

https://www.kentucky.com/sports/college/kentucky-sports/u...


Can’t sneak up on them, that’s for sure. Looking forward to it. Could be a real battle!


"The name's Ohio University, but everybody calls me Ohio. Any of you guys call me Ohio U, and I'll kill you."

Back to Top
  
.
General User

Member Since: 2/3/2005
Post Count: 2,849

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 4 Thread: Kentucky
   Posted: 11/18/2021 8:09:03 PM 
Andrew Ruck wrote:
Bobcatbob wrote:
We were at that 2005 game in Cincy and Ohio was in control most of the game. Although at a “neutral” site UK fans filled the place who were celebrating before the game even started. Once Ohio went ahead - and stayed ahead - it was like a morgue.

However, UK regained the lead with only a few minutes remaining (as I recall) and the noise was deafening. We could literally see the intimidation of it affecting OUr guys. I have never been anywhere where the crowd was louder. It was scary. So, hopefully, Coach has the Convo speakers turned up to 11 this week.


I was there and remember it exactly the same. The crowd was very unimpressive and then with a snap of the fingers it was the loudest I had ever heard in arena.


It really is a blue blood thing. Boredom with assuming s blowout and then this panic thst they might lose and then fury.

I’ve been in Ohio Stadium, Assembly Hall, Michigan Stadium and Yankee Stadium and had this same exact experience.

Last Edited: 11/18/2021 8:09:23 PM by .

Back to Top
  
cbarber357
General User

Member Since: 9/9/2012
Location: Pickerington, OH
Post Count: 623

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 4 Thread: Kentucky
   Posted: 11/18/2021 8:38:22 PM 
. wrote:
Andrew Ruck wrote:
Bobcatbob wrote:
We were at that 2005 game in Cincy and Ohio was in control most of the game. Although at a “neutral” site UK fans filled the place who were celebrating before the game even started. Once Ohio went ahead - and stayed ahead - it was like a morgue.

However, UK regained the lead with only a few minutes remaining (as I recall) and the noise was deafening. We could literally see the intimidation of it affecting OUr guys. I have never been anywhere where the crowd was louder. It was scary. So, hopefully, Coach has the Convo speakers turned up to 11 this week.


I was there and remember it exactly the same. The crowd was very unimpressive and then with a snap of the fingers it was the loudest I had ever heard in arena.


It really is a blue blood thing. Boredom with assuming s blowout and then this panic thst they might lose and then fury.

I’ve been in Ohio Stadium, Assembly Hall, Michigan Stadium and Yankee Stadium and had this same exact experience.


When I was in middle school I went to the OU vs OSU football game (nowhere near the OU section) that OU was leading until the 4th quarter in. The silence then screams of absolute anger around me were insane. I swear some older man had a heart attack and to the best of my knowledge died a few rows down and a section over from us. They took his lifeless body out on a stretcher with a series of ropes over the top of other red faced screaming fans.

Back to Top
  
Alan Swank
General User

Member Since: 12/11/2004
Location: Athens, OH
Post Count: 6,511

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 4 Thread: Kentucky
   Posted: 11/18/2021 9:01:41 PM 
Mike Johnson wrote:
El Gato Roberto wrote:
Taiwan BC wrote:
This is the game that we will miss Dwight the most. Last year, he was able to play Cockburn well, limiting (Yeah, I said limiting) him to 13 pts and 14 boards. Tshiebwe is a beast and we don't have anyone to challenge him down low... Offensively, we can drag him out to the perimeter if JC is shooting 3's but defensively, he will be next to impossible to counter. It's going to take some excellent 3 pt shooting by the Bobcats and we have to hope the opposite happens to them. Not impossible, but not likely either. I just hope we play them tough and try not to get blown out so that the computer ranking numbers don't crush us.
I also think this is a great experience for the team to play in a big time environment. I hope it helps us in March...

GO BOBCATS!


Fully agree. Getting a chance to compete with Kentucky at Rupp is going to be a great experience.


A friend of mine, now deceased, played at Georgia Tech in the early 50s. He loved to relate how his Yellow Jackets went into Rupp Arena as underdogs and came out a winner. His joy in that accomplishment never diminished.


That would have been a good trick Mike since Rupp didn't open until 1976.

Back to Top
  
Victory
General User

Member Since: 3/10/2012
Post Count: 997

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 4 Thread: Kentucky
   Posted: 11/18/2021 9:05:43 PM 
Victory wrote:
I think we are going to be around a 12 point underdog. Rupp adds about 4 points on to what it would be, say, in the NCAA tournament. If we had Preston and Wilson on the team it would be a lot less than that. As it is, if UK really is a top ten team and we do beat them I'm going to start thinking of Boals as one of the best coaches in the country.


I see it has opened at 12.
Back to Top
  
100%Cat
General User



Member Since: 1/17/2013
Post Count: 1,983

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 4 Thread: Kentucky
   Posted: 11/19/2021 11:27:53 AM 
If we stay within 12, honestly, I'd be happy.
Back to Top
  
Urban Bobcat
General User

Member Since: 9/14/2007
Location: Chicago, IL
Post Count: 578

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 4 Thread: Kentucky
   Posted: 11/19/2021 1:28:47 PM 
Pretty sure the team will only be happy with a win.


URBAN BOBCAT

Back to Top
  
Cats5
General User

Member Since: 6/14/2017
Post Count: 419

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 4 Thread: Kentucky
   Posted: 11/19/2021 3:08:08 PM 
I just have a bad feeling about this one
Back to Top
  
BurritoBuggy4
General User

Member Since: 4/19/2021
Post Count: 15

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 4 Thread: Kentucky
   Posted: 11/19/2021 4:29:22 PM 
My primary concern tonight is foul trouble. If their athleticism causes us to get reaching fouls, then our bench depth could be tested and we could have a long night. I remain optimistic heading into the game, though. Have better than a punchers chance.
Back to Top
  
Victory
General User

Member Since: 3/10/2012
Post Count: 997

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 4 Thread: Kentucky
   Posted: 11/19/2021 4:42:20 PM 
Ohio Basketball twitter says "The last time we played at Kentucky? No. 3 vs. No. 14." For you young'uns that's not a first round seed. We were ranked #14. Jeff Boals apparently started this game. See him a 4:36.

https://twitter.com/OhioMBasketball/status/14617374400252...
Back to Top
  
.
General User

Member Since: 2/3/2005
Post Count: 2,849

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 4 Thread: Kentucky
   Posted: 11/19/2021 6:14:36 PM 
cbarber357 wrote:
. wrote:
Andrew Ruck wrote:
Bobcatbob wrote:
We were at that 2005 game in Cincy and Ohio was in control most of the game. Although at a “neutral” site UK fans filled the place who were celebrating before the game even started. Once Ohio went ahead - and stayed ahead - it was like a morgue.

However, UK regained the lead with only a few minutes remaining (as I recall) and the noise was deafening. We could literally see the intimidation of it affecting OUr guys. I have never been anywhere where the crowd was louder. It was scary. So, hopefully, Coach has the Convo speakers turned up to 11 this week.


I was there and remember it exactly the same. The crowd was very unimpressive and then with a snap of the fingers it was the loudest I had ever heard in arena.


It really is a blue blood thing. Boredom with assuming s blowout and then this panic thst they might lose and then fury.

I’ve been in Ohio Stadium, Assembly Hall, Michigan Stadium and Yankee Stadium and had this same exact experience.


When I was in middle school I went to the OU vs OSU football game (nowhere near the OU section) that OU was leading until the 4th quarter in. The silence then screams of absolute anger around me were insane. I swear some older man had a heart attack and to the best of my knowledge died a few rows down and a section over from us. They took his lifeless body out on a stretcher with a series of ropes over the top of other red faced screaming fans.



That day was a scorcher. Or at least looked like it. I was scarfing down frosties in the press box that day watching ya’ll bake and silently pumping my fists under my table when Ohio did something good.
Back to Top
  
stub
General User

Member Since: 12/20/2004
Post Count: 862

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 4 Thread: Kentucky
   Posted: 11/19/2021 6:15:57 PM 
Victory wrote:
Ohio Basketball twitter says "The last time we played at Kentucky? No. 3 vs. No. 14." For you young'uns that's not a first round seed. We were ranked #14.


A nice YOUTube video collection from the start of that season, with wins at THE osu, a take down at ranked Virginia, then on to a semis win against George Washington in the Garden, and the final OT win against New Mexico State. Then we had to go to Lexington where we gave Kentucky a battle in the "Geno Ford Show".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XGSiKFja_I

Last Edited: 11/19/2021 6:18:36 PM by stub

Back to Top
  
MonroeClassmate
General User

Member Since: 8/31/2010
Post Count: 1,406

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 4 Thread: Kentucky
   Posted: 11/19/2021 6:27:07 PM 
HELP—what streaming service carries The SEC NETWORK?

I thought FUBO did but on there and no SEC and no game listed on the schedule
Back to Top
  
MonroeClassmate
General User

Member Since: 8/31/2010
Post Count: 1,406

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 4 Thread: Kentucky
   Posted: 11/19/2021 6:38:36 PM 
Got a VIDGO free trial for the game! Just in time!

Last Edited: 11/19/2021 6:39:02 PM by MonroeClassmate

Back to Top
  
Cats5
General User

Member Since: 6/14/2017
Post Count: 419

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 4 Thread: Kentucky
   Posted: 11/19/2021 7:11:20 PM 
Big man with 2 fouls. That’s what we need
Back to Top
  
Showing Replies:  26 - 50  of 101 Posts
Jump to Page:  < Previous    1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5    Next >
View Other 'Ohio Basketball' Topics
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             




Copyright ©2021 BobcatAttack.com. All rights reserved.  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Use
Partner of USA TODAY Sports Digital Properties