Welcome Guest!
Create an Account
login email:
password:
site searchwhere to watchcontact usabout usadvertise with ushelp
Message Board

BobcatAttack.com Message Board
Ohio Basketball
Topic:  RE: 2022-23 Schedule

Topic:  RE: 2022-23 Schedule
Author
Message
Donuts
General User

Member Since: 9/22/2010
Post Count: 702

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2022-23 Schedule
   Posted: 9/14/2022 12:00:31 PM 
I guess so. Magic and Larry both saw “some time” in the NBA too, playing virtually the same amount of regular season games as Nelson.
Back to Top
  
bobcatsquared
General User

Member Since: 12/20/2004
Post Count: 4,085

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2022-23 Schedule
   Posted: 9/14/2022 1:01:26 PM 
agreed
Back to Top
  
shabamon
General User



Member Since: 11/17/2006
Location: Cincinnati
Post Count: 4,963

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2022-23 Schedule
   Posted: 9/14/2022 1:13:56 PM 
And the big final reveal IS....

Home game with UC-Clermont on November 30.

A branch campus.
Back to Top
  
OU_Country
General User



Member Since: 12/6/2005
Location: On the road between Athens and Madison County
Post Count: 8,162

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2022-23 Schedule
   Posted: 9/14/2022 2:31:58 PM 
shabamon wrote:
And the big final reveal IS....

Home game with UC-Clermont on November 30.

A branch campus.


Suspenseful! 😂😂


I'll beat this drum until the cows come home: the lack of a decent home sports game for Dad's Weekend continues to be a significant missed opportunity by everyone involved in planning event weekends along with sports scheduling. I truly don't understand it at all. It used to be one game that was likely to be a big crowd against a quality opponent. Now, in 2022, there isn't even a game at all, much less an exhibition against Capital. SMH.
Back to Top
  
FJC31
General User

Member Since: 3/31/2022
Post Count: 129

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2022-23 Schedule
   Posted: 9/14/2022 2:49:19 PM 
shabamon wrote:
And the big final reveal IS....

Home game with UC-Clermont on November 30.

A branch campus.


Man, we have some solid games but the bad ones are REALLY bad. Overall, C+/B- imo.

Last Edited: 9/14/2022 2:49:35 PM by FJC31

Back to Top
  
BillyTheCat
General User

Member Since: 10/6/2012
Post Count: 8,314

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2022-23 Schedule
   Posted: 9/14/2022 3:45:59 PM 
FJC31 wrote:
shabamon wrote:
And the big final reveal IS....

Home game with UC-Clermont on November 30.

A branch campus.


Man, we have some solid games but the bad ones are REALLY bad. Overall, C+/B- imo.


North Carolina, Kansas and Duke couldn’t find a spot available to come to Athens.
Back to Top
  
shabamon
General User



Member Since: 11/17/2006
Location: Cincinnati
Post Count: 4,963

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2022-23 Schedule
   Posted: 9/14/2022 4:05:37 PM 
The good: the road slate is full of tests. Florida and Michigan for obvious reasons, but Delaware, Belmont, and even Youngstown will be comparable to the top half to third of the MAC. The NET system weighs road games heavier, so it's possible winning any of these latter three could be a Q1 win if those teams pull their weight. Marshall went on an uncharacteristic skid but they still have Kinsey and Anochili-Killen. Detroit is ho-hum but they still have Antoine Davis. That should all be good MAC play prep.

The bad: There's not one truly attractive home game. Cleveland State on the first Saturday of the regular season is fine, but that's it. That's the only non-conference game that students can really enjoy. No one cares about UC-Clermont and no one's going to hurry back to campus to see Alabama State.
Back to Top
  
bobcatsquared
General User

Member Since: 12/20/2004
Post Count: 4,085

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2022-23 Schedule
   Posted: 9/14/2022 4:21:23 PM 
BillyTheCat wrote:
North Carolina, Kansas and Duke couldn’t find a spot available to come to Athens.


Right Billy, that's what OUr fans who are not happy with our schedule are upset about - not having UNC, Kansas or Duke visit the convo this winter.

What was that word a BAer used the other day? Insufferable?
Back to Top
  
FearLeon
General User



Member Since: 3/12/2005
Post Count: 2,905

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2022-23 Schedule
   Posted: 9/14/2022 5:27:02 PM 
For the life of me I will never understand playing games against UC Clermont...Muskingum....etc. Is it truly that difficult to get a half-way decent Division-one team to come to the Convo?


#BleedGreen #TrentIsGOAT

Back to Top
  
Cellis033
General User



Member Since: 11/11/2021
Location: Powell, OH
Post Count: 1,000

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2022-23 Schedule
   Posted: 9/14/2022 6:06:46 PM 
FearLeon wrote:
For the life of me I will never understand playing games against UC Clermont...Muskingum....etc. Is it truly that difficult to get a half-way decent Division-one team to come to the Convo?



From what I hear, yes. As much as I want us to have a game against Dayton, Xavier or Wright State. Ohio State from what I hear has been declining us since our tourney run in 2021.


Chase
OU Engineering Technology and Management '24
O-Zone President
Bringing the noise!

Muck Fiami
Kent read, Kent write, Can't be a state!
Bowling Green Normal School

Back to Top
  
OhioCatFan
General User



Member Since: 12/20/2004
Location: Athens, OH
Post Count: 12,493

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2022-23 Schedule
   Posted: 9/15/2022 9:32:23 AM 
As long as we are playing a branch campus, why don’t we keep it in house and play OU-C or OU-Z?


"It is better to be an optimist and be proven a fool than to be a pessimist and be proven right."

Note: My avatar is the national colors of the 78th Ohio Veteran Volunteer Infantry, which are now preserved in a climate controlled vault at the Ohio History Connection. Learn more about the old 78th at: http://www.78ohio.org

Back to Top
  
FJC31
General User

Member Since: 3/31/2022
Post Count: 129

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2022-23 Schedule
   Posted: 9/15/2022 9:35:23 AM 
Cellis033 wrote:
FearLeon wrote:
For the life of me I will never understand playing games against UC Clermont...Muskingum....etc. Is it truly that difficult to get a half-way decent Division-one team to come to the Convo?



From what I hear, yes. As much as I want us to have a game against Dayton, Xavier or Wright State. Ohio State from what I hear has been declining us since our tourney run in 2021.


I don’t think anyone expects a visit from UD, X, or OSU. Wright State is a bit surprising, but more Belmont’s/Delaware’s would suffice for home games. I imagine most are fine satisfying the P5 itch on the road.
Back to Top
  
Cellis033
General User



Member Since: 11/11/2021
Location: Powell, OH
Post Count: 1,000

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2022-23 Schedule
   Posted: 9/15/2022 11:58:59 AM 
FJC31 wrote:
Cellis033 wrote:
FearLeon wrote:
For the life of me I will never understand playing games against UC Clermont...Muskingum....etc. Is it truly that difficult to get a half-way decent Division-one team to come to the Convo?



From what I hear, yes. As much as I want us to have a game against Dayton, Xavier or Wright State. Ohio State from what I hear has been declining us since our tourney run in 2021.


I don’t think anyone expects a visit from UD, X, or OSU. Wright State is a bit surprising, but more Belmont’s/Delaware’s would suffice for home games. I imagine most are fine satisfying the P5 itch on the road.


Agreed. UD, X and OSU I meant even at their places would be great. Wright State would be doable in a home/home series. Delaware and Belmont are great choices and hoping Delaware is a home/home. Then again I don't schedule the games, and it's a solid schedule all around. Excited to be back in the Convo.


Chase
OU Engineering Technology and Management '24
O-Zone President
Bringing the noise!

Muck Fiami
Kent read, Kent write, Can't be a state!
Bowling Green Normal School

Back to Top
  
stub
General User

Member Since: 12/20/2004
Post Count: 930

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2022-23 Schedule
   Posted: 9/15/2022 12:23:56 PM 
OhioCatFan wrote:
As long as we are playing a branch campus, why don’t we keep it in house and play OU-C or OU-Z?


That way the headline will always be: OHIO WINS!!

Back to Top
  
Trevor Stephens
General User

Member Since: 12/13/2017
Post Count: 102

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2022-23 Schedule
   Posted: 9/15/2022 1:43:02 PM 
https://ohiobobcats.com/news/2022/9/14/mens-basketball-oh...

ATHENS, Ohio – The Ohio men's basketball team has completed its 2022-23 schedule, head coach Jeff Boals announced today (Sept. 14).

"We have a challenging non-conference schedule against some excellent programs," Boals said. "The highlight games are at Michigan and on a neutral court against Florida in Tampa. We have return games from last year at Belmont and home against Stetson. We also started five new home and home series against some very good teams that will help prepare us for our MAC season. I am excited to play 16 home games in front of the best student section and fans in the MAC."

The Bobcats open the season on Thursday, Nov. 3 when they host Capital for an exhibition game inside the Convocation Center.

Ohio then opens the season on the road on Monday, Nov. 7 at Belmont in a return for last season's Ohio home opener. The Bobcats head back to Athens on Saturday, Nov. 12 to host Cleveland State inside the Convo.

The Bobcats are back on the road Wednesday, Nov. 16 to take on Detroit Mercy before heading to Ann Arbor, Mich. on Sunday, Nov. 20 to take on Michigan.

After the trip to Ann Arbor, Ohio returns to Athens to host an MTE Nov. 25-27. Ohio will open the event on Friday, Nov. 26 against Eastern Illinois, before facing off with Alabama State on Sunday, Nov. 27. Eastern Illinois and Alabama State will battle it out on Saturday, Nov. 26 for a neutral site matchup. Ohio will then close out November on Nov. 30 when the Bobcats host UC Clermont inside the Convo.

The Bobcats then head to Huntington, W. Va. On Saturday, Dec. 3 to take on Marshall, before heading to Youngstown State on Sunday, Dec. 11.

Next, Ohio heads to Tampa, Fla. Wednesday, Dec. 14 to take on Florida at Amalie Arena. Following the trip to Florida, Ohio hosts Stetson on Saturday, Dec. 17 before heading to Delaware on Wednesday, Dec. 21.

Ohio concludes its nonconference slate on Friday, Dec. 30 when they host Chicago State inside the Convocation Center.

The Bobcats 2022-23 Mid-American Conference schedule was released earlier this fall.

Game times and TV selections will be announced later this fall.

The Bobcats are coming off a 25-10 season and a 14-6 mark in conference play. Ohio advanced to the MAC Semifinals and then advanced into the second round of the 2022 CBI in Daytona Beach, Fla.

The Bobcats return six from last season's roster including graduate student forward Dwight Wilson III (Tallahassee, Fla.) who is back after missing last season with a knee injury. Seniors Miles Brown (Rochester, N.Y.) and Ben Roderick (Powell, Ohio) and sophomores AJ Clayton (Roseville, Ohio), IJ Ezuma (Raleigh, N.C.) and Olumide Adelodun (Calgary, Canada) also return for the Green and White.

Ohio welcomes nine newcomers to the roster that includes transfers Jaylin Hunter (Manchester, Conn.), Gabe Wiznitzer (Walhalla, S.C.) and DeVon Baker (Dayton, Ohio). Ohio also adds freshmen AJ Brown (Orlando, Fla.), Ajay Sheldon (Dublin, Ohio), Elmore James (Cleveland, Ohio), Aidan Hadaway (Lafayette, Ga.), Ben Estis (Southlake, Texas) and Quinn Corna (Columbus, Ohio).
Back to Top
  
shabamon
General User



Member Since: 11/17/2006
Location: Cincinnati
Post Count: 4,963

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2022-23 Schedule
   Posted: 9/15/2022 1:49:32 PM 
stub wrote:
OhioCatFan wrote:
As long as we are playing a branch campus, why don’t we keep it in house and play OU-C or OU-Z?


That way the headline will always be: OHIO WINS!!



Might be an issue with the governing body that oversees our branch campuses. If you look at UC-Clermont's schedule, you'll see that they play schools from a number of different divisions (D1, NJCAA, D3, NAIA, USCAA). The only OU branch campus they play is OU-Lancaster which is actually an Independent.

Want to hear something really wild? Miami's branch campus in Hamilton is traveling to Stony Brook for a game.
Back to Top
  
shabamon
General User



Member Since: 11/17/2006
Location: Cincinnati
Post Count: 4,963

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2022-23 Schedule
   Posted: 9/15/2022 1:54:13 PM 
Trevor Stephens wrote:
https://ohiobobcats.com/news/2022/9/14/mens-basketball-oh...

ATHENS, Ohio – The Ohio men's basketball team has completed its 2022-23 schedule, head coach Jeff Boals announced today (Sept. 14).

"We have a challenging non-conference schedule against some excellent programs," Boals said. "The highlight games are at Michigan and on a neutral court against Florida in Tampa. We have return games from last year at Belmont and home against Stetson. We also started five new home and home series against some very good teams that will help prepare us for our MAC season. I am excited to play 16 home games in front of the best student section and fans in the MAC."

The Bobcats open the season on Thursday, Nov. 3 when they host Capital for an exhibition game inside the Convocation Center.

Ohio then opens the season on the road on Monday, Nov. 7 at Belmont in a return for last season's Ohio home opener. The Bobcats head back to Athens on Saturday, Nov. 12 to host Cleveland State inside the Convo.

The Bobcats are back on the road Wednesday, Nov. 16 to take on Detroit Mercy before heading to Ann Arbor, Mich. on Sunday, Nov. 20 to take on Michigan.

After the trip to Ann Arbor, Ohio returns to Athens to host an MTE Nov. 25-27. Ohio will open the event on Friday, Nov. 26 against Eastern Illinois, before facing off with Alabama State on Sunday, Nov. 27. Eastern Illinois and Alabama State will battle it out on Saturday, Nov. 26 for a neutral site matchup. Ohio will then close out November on Nov. 30 when the Bobcats host UC Clermont inside the Convo.

The Bobcats then head to Huntington, W. Va. On Saturday, Dec. 3 to take on Marshall, before heading to Youngstown State on Sunday, Dec. 11.

Next, Ohio heads to Tampa, Fla. Wednesday, Dec. 14 to take on Florida at Amalie Arena. Following the trip to Florida, Ohio hosts Stetson on Saturday, Dec. 17 before heading to Delaware on Wednesday, Dec. 21.

Ohio concludes its nonconference slate on Friday, Dec. 30 when they host Chicago State inside the Convocation Center.

The Bobcats 2022-23 Mid-American Conference schedule was released earlier this fall.

Game times and TV selections will be announced later this fall.

The Bobcats are coming off a 25-10 season and a 14-6 mark in conference play. Ohio advanced to the MAC Semifinals and then advanced into the second round of the 2022 CBI in Daytona Beach, Fla.

The Bobcats return six from last season's roster including graduate student forward Dwight Wilson III (Tallahassee, Fla.) who is back after missing last season with a knee injury. Seniors Miles Brown (Rochester, N.Y.) and Ben Roderick (Powell, Ohio) and sophomores AJ Clayton (Roseville, Ohio), IJ Ezuma (Raleigh, N.C.) and Olumide Adelodun (Calgary, Canada) also return for the Green and White.

Ohio welcomes nine newcomers to the roster that includes transfers Jaylin Hunter (Manchester, Conn.), Gabe Wiznitzer (Walhalla, S.C.) and DeVon Baker (Dayton, Ohio). Ohio also adds freshmen AJ Brown (Orlando, Fla.), Ajay Sheldon (Dublin, Ohio), Elmore James (Cleveland, Ohio), Aidan Hadaway (Lafayette, Ga.), Ben Estis (Southlake, Texas) and Quinn Corna (Columbus, Ohio).


So we can expect to go back to Cleveland State next year and have home games with Delaware, Marshall, Detroit, and Youngstown. I can't imagine we would go to Chicago State.
Back to Top
  
Cellis033
General User



Member Since: 11/11/2021
Location: Powell, OH
Post Count: 1,000

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2022-23 Schedule
   Posted: 9/15/2022 1:55:43 PM 
shabamon wrote:
Trevor Stephens wrote:
https://ohiobobcats.com/news/2022/9/14/mens-basketball-oh...

ATHENS, Ohio – The Ohio men's basketball team has completed its 2022-23 schedule, head coach Jeff Boals announced today (Sept. 14).

"We have a challenging non-conference schedule against some excellent programs," Boals said. "The highlight games are at Michigan and on a neutral court against Florida in Tampa. We have return games from last year at Belmont and home against Stetson. We also started five new home and home series against some very good teams that will help prepare us for our MAC season. I am excited to play 16 home games in front of the best student section and fans in the MAC."

The Bobcats open the season on Thursday, Nov. 3 when they host Capital for an exhibition game inside the Convocation Center.

Ohio then opens the season on the road on Monday, Nov. 7 at Belmont in a return for last season's Ohio home opener. The Bobcats head back to Athens on Saturday, Nov. 12 to host Cleveland State inside the Convo.

The Bobcats are back on the road Wednesday, Nov. 16 to take on Detroit Mercy before heading to Ann Arbor, Mich. on Sunday, Nov. 20 to take on Michigan.

After the trip to Ann Arbor, Ohio returns to Athens to host an MTE Nov. 25-27. Ohio will open the event on Friday, Nov. 26 against Eastern Illinois, before facing off with Alabama State on Sunday, Nov. 27. Eastern Illinois and Alabama State will battle it out on Saturday, Nov. 26 for a neutral site matchup. Ohio will then close out November on Nov. 30 when the Bobcats host UC Clermont inside the Convo.

The Bobcats then head to Huntington, W. Va. On Saturday, Dec. 3 to take on Marshall, before heading to Youngstown State on Sunday, Dec. 11.

Next, Ohio heads to Tampa, Fla. Wednesday, Dec. 14 to take on Florida at Amalie Arena. Following the trip to Florida, Ohio hosts Stetson on Saturday, Dec. 17 before heading to Delaware on Wednesday, Dec. 21.

Ohio concludes its nonconference slate on Friday, Dec. 30 when they host Chicago State inside the Convocation Center.

The Bobcats 2022-23 Mid-American Conference schedule was released earlier this fall.

Game times and TV selections will be announced later this fall.

The Bobcats are coming off a 25-10 season and a 14-6 mark in conference play. Ohio advanced to the MAC Semifinals and then advanced into the second round of the 2022 CBI in Daytona Beach, Fla.

The Bobcats return six from last season's roster including graduate student forward Dwight Wilson III (Tallahassee, Fla.) who is back after missing last season with a knee injury. Seniors Miles Brown (Rochester, N.Y.) and Ben Roderick (Powell, Ohio) and sophomores AJ Clayton (Roseville, Ohio), IJ Ezuma (Raleigh, N.C.) and Olumide Adelodun (Calgary, Canada) also return for the Green and White.

Ohio welcomes nine newcomers to the roster that includes transfers Jaylin Hunter (Manchester, Conn.), Gabe Wiznitzer (Walhalla, S.C.) and DeVon Baker (Dayton, Ohio). Ohio also adds freshmen AJ Brown (Orlando, Fla.), Ajay Sheldon (Dublin, Ohio), Elmore James (Cleveland, Ohio), Aidan Hadaway (Lafayette, Ga.), Ben Estis (Southlake, Texas) and Quinn Corna (Columbus, Ohio).


So we can expect to go back to Cleveland State next year and have home games with Delaware, Marshall, Detroit, and Youngstown. I can't imagine we would go to Chicago State.


Awesome add with Delaware. Agree on Chicago State


Chase
OU Engineering Technology and Management '24
O-Zone President
Bringing the noise!

Muck Fiami
Kent read, Kent write, Can't be a state!
Bowling Green Normal School

Back to Top
  
bobcatsquared
General User

Member Since: 12/20/2004
Post Count: 4,085

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2022-23 Schedule
   Posted: 9/15/2022 2:36:45 PM 
Not all branches have sports. OSU-Newark, for example, did away with all athletic teams about 10 years ago (maybe less). The Titans were once a powerhouse in baseball.

Last Edited: 9/15/2022 2:37:39 PM by bobcatsquared

Back to Top
  
GraffZ06
General User



Member Since: 1/5/2005
Location: Dayton, OH
Post Count: 1,147

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2022-23 Schedule
   Posted: 9/16/2022 9:39:10 AM 
BillyTheCat wrote:
FJC31 wrote:
shabamon wrote:
And the big final reveal IS....

Home game with UC-Clermont on November 30.

A branch campus.


Man, we have some solid games but the bad ones are REALLY bad. Overall, C+/B- imo.


North Carolina, Kansas and Duke couldn’t find a spot available to come to Athens.


No doubt due to holding a grudge from us poaching Quinn Corna from them. Who could blame them?
Back to Top
  
Cellis033
General User



Member Since: 11/11/2021
Location: Powell, OH
Post Count: 1,000

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2022-23 Schedule
   Posted: 9/19/2022 7:32:44 PM 
Was talking to a few Dayton students today and they would love a home and home series every year between us and them. But UD may have already declined us multiple times.


Chase
OU Engineering Technology and Management '24
O-Zone President
Bringing the noise!

Muck Fiami
Kent read, Kent write, Can't be a state!
Bowling Green Normal School

Back to Top
  
Bobcat Love
General User

Member Since: 12/20/2004
Post Count: 867

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2022-23 Schedule
   Posted: 9/20/2022 10:17:13 AM 
Cellis033 wrote:
Was talking to a few Dayton students today and they would love a home and home series every year between us and them. But UD may have already declined us multiple times.


SMH. Do these "few Dayton students" have the ability to enter their University into binding scheduling contracts?
Back to Top
  
M.D.W.S.T
General User



Member Since: 12/23/2021
Post Count: 133

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2022-23 Schedule
   Posted: 9/21/2022 3:20:13 PM 
Cellis033 wrote:
Was talking to a few Dayton students today and they would love a home and home series every year between us and them. But UD may have already declined us multiple times.


It should be easier than it has been to schedule more 'high-profile' regional games.

Won't hold my breath for UD, UC, Pitt, WVU, Butler...

I like the new Youngstown game. I don't like playing there, but if it becomes a year-to-year thing. I think it could be good. It certainly moves the needle more than branchcampusuniversity.

Back to Top
  
FearLeon
General User



Member Since: 3/12/2005
Post Count: 2,905

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2022-23 Schedule
   Posted: 9/21/2022 3:34:07 PM 
Bobcat Love wrote:
Cellis033 wrote:
Was talking to a few Dayton students today and they would love a home and home series every year between us and them. But UD may have already declined us multiple times.


SMH. Do these "few Dayton students" have the ability to enter their University into binding scheduling contracts?


Welcome back BLove. Hope to see ya more active here with your takes.


#BleedGreen #TrentIsGOAT

Back to Top
  
Buckeye to Bobcat
General User

Member Since: 9/10/2013
Post Count: 1,683

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2022-23 Schedule
   Posted: 9/22/2022 10:24:54 AM 
I did see where a Robert Morris donor forked it up to run a tournament at RMU for three years minimum. Interesting approach and could be used to "buy teams" to go to Pittsburgh.

https://pittsburghsportsnow.com/2022/09/22/robert-morris-... /
Back to Top
  
Showing Replies:  151 - 175  of 175 Posts
Jump to Page:  < Previous    1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
View Other 'Ohio Basketball' Topics
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             







Copyright ©2022 BobcatAttack.com. All rights reserved.  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Use
Partner of USA TODAY Sports Digital Properties