Welcome Guest!
Create an Account
login email:
password:
site searchwhere to watchcontact usabout usadvertise with ushelp
Message Board

BobcatAttack.com Message Board
Ohio Basketball
Topic:  RE: Sears & BVP

Topic:  RE: Sears & BVP
Author
Message
OhioCatFan
General User



Member Since: 12/20/2004
Location: Athens, OH
Post Count: 13,749

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Sears & BVP
   Posted: 12/14/2022 11:23:54 PM 
Jeff McKinney wrote:
Kevin Finnegan wrote:
OhioCatFan wrote:
cc-cat wrote:
No one can question Sears' decision to transfer. Working out well for him.


One sentence is true. The other is not.


If anyone is questioning Sears's decision to transfer, that's mighty selfish and not looking at what is best for the player/student. He is back in his home state where his parents are able to see him play regularly in person. His dad is a teacher and his mom is a nurse, and while they want to travel to many of his games, that's pretty difficult with their schedule, the distance, and the financials.

Now, Sears is closer to family, is playing and leading a top 5 team nationally, and is seeing his stock rise in terms of the NBA. Whether or not you choose to cheer for him at his next school is understandable, but if you are questioning his decision, that's incredibly self-centered.



Agree.



The point is we all have different criteria for judging these things. To say no one can question the transfer just because he is doing well at his new school is a false statement. I wasn't necessarily saying anything about my own criteria in that previous remark.


The only BLSS Certified Hypocrite on BA

"It is better to be an optimist and be proven a fool than to be a pessimist and be proven right."

Note: My avatar is the national colors of the 78th Ohio Veteran Volunteer Infantry, which are now preserved in a climate controlled vault at the Ohio History Connection. Learn more about the old 78th at: http://www.78ohio.org

Back to Top
  
rollbobbies
General User

Member Since: 11/7/2022
Post Count: 31

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Sears & BVP
   Posted: 12/15/2022 7:07:24 AM 
OhioCatFan wrote:
Jeff McKinney wrote:
Kevin Finnegan wrote:
OhioCatFan wrote:
cc-cat wrote:
No one can question Sears' decision to transfer. Working out well for him.


One sentence is true. The other is not.


If anyone is questioning Sears's decision to transfer, that's mighty selfish and not looking at what is best for the player/student. He is back in his home state where his parents are able to see him play regularly in person. His dad is a teacher and his mom is a nurse, and while they want to travel to many of his games, that's pretty difficult with their schedule, the distance, and the financials.

Now, Sears is closer to family, is playing and leading a top 5 team nationally, and is seeing his stock rise in terms of the NBA. Whether or not you choose to cheer for him at his next school is understandable, but if you are questioning his decision, that's incredibly self-centered.



Agree.



The point is we all have different criteria for judging these things. To say no one can question the transfer just because he is doing well at his new school is a false statement. I wasn't necessarily saying anything about my own criteria in that previous remark.



And your point just proves the other point above. Anyone who has criteria that would say HIS decision to transfer was questionable is not looking at this from Mark Sears's perspective. In what world would anyone in his position that made that decision be questioning that decision at this point in time. The only people questioning his decision are looking after their own happiness or pride as an OU fan and ignoring his perspective.
Back to Top
  
OhioCatFan
General User



Member Since: 12/20/2004
Location: Athens, OH
Post Count: 13,749

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Sears & BVP
   Posted: 12/15/2022 10:29:59 AM 
rollbobbies wrote:
OhioCatFan wrote:
Jeff McKinney wrote:
Kevin Finnegan wrote:
OhioCatFan wrote:
cc-cat wrote:
No one can question Sears' decision to transfer. Working out well for him.


One sentence is true. The other is not.


If anyone is questioning Sears's decision to transfer, that's mighty selfish and not looking at what is best for the player/student. He is back in his home state where his parents are able to see him play regularly in person. His dad is a teacher and his mom is a nurse, and while they want to travel to many of his games, that's pretty difficult with their schedule, the distance, and the financials.

Now, Sears is closer to family, is playing and leading a top 5 team nationally, and is seeing his stock rise in terms of the NBA. Whether or not you choose to cheer for him at his next school is understandable, but if you are questioning his decision, that's incredibly self-centered.







The point is we all have different criteria for judging these things. To say no one can question the transfer just because he is doing well at his new school is a false statement. I wasn't necessarily saying anything about my own criteria in that previous remark.



And your point just proves the other point above. Anyone who has criteria that would say HIS decision to transfer was questionable is not looking at this from Mark Sears's perspective. In what world would anyone in his position that made that decision be questioning that decision at this point in time. The only people questioning his decision are looking after their own happiness or pride as an OU fan and ignoring his perspective.


Who said one has to take his current perspective. One can take issue with this decision on many grounds. All I said was that the original statement was factually wrong. Thanks for proving my point.
Agree.


The only BLSS Certified Hypocrite on BA

"It is better to be an optimist and be proven a fool than to be a pessimist and be proven right."

Note: My avatar is the national colors of the 78th Ohio Veteran Volunteer Infantry, which are now preserved in a climate controlled vault at the Ohio History Connection. Learn more about the old 78th at: http://www.78ohio.org

Back to Top
  
cc-cat
General User

Member Since: 4/5/2006
Location: matthews, NC
Post Count: 3,769

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Sears & BVP
   Posted: 12/15/2022 10:56:44 AM 
OhioCatFan wrote:
Who said one has to take his current perspective. One can take issue with this decision on many grounds. All I said was that the original statement was factually wrong. Thanks for proving my point.
Agree.


So you have an employee. Great salesman and a good guy. Makes about $125k all in. Comes to you and says he is moving back to his home state near family. Will work in the same industry, but not with a direct competitor. You tell him you can get him to $150k. He says he's projecting to be at $165k plus his new position will put him on a better track to management and again, be back near home. You talk to him 6 months later. He's tracking to $175k and is already involved in management training. How do you hang up phone and say "boy he effed up." You may be having trouble filling his spot and spending money on training so you can hang up the phone and say "damn, wish he were still here" "after all I did for him..." - but not "I think he made a mistake." Could his new company implode and he gets let go? Sure, but there is no indication of that at all. In fact, his new company has just been recognized as one of the "emerging companies of the year" and is one of the favorites to be "company of the year" - an award your company had zero chance of winning.

Last Edited: 12/15/2022 11:13:58 AM by cc-cat

Back to Top
  
Kevin Finnegan
General User

Member Since: 2/4/2005
Location: Rockton, IL
Post Count: 1,042

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Sears & BVP
   Posted: 12/15/2022 11:33:37 AM 
I think I've learned on this site (and the world in general) that there are some people who won't admit when they're wrong. They prefer to dig their heels in, instead.

And CC-Cat, your analogy is spot-on. Couldn't imagine it said better.

Last Edited: 12/15/2022 11:34:20 AM by Kevin Finnegan

Back to Top
  
rollbobbies
General User

Member Since: 11/7/2022
Post Count: 31

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Sears & BVP
   Posted: 12/15/2022 11:35:39 AM 
OhioCatFan wrote:
rollbobbies wrote:
OhioCatFan wrote:
Jeff McKinney wrote:
Kevin Finnegan wrote:
OhioCatFan wrote:
cc-cat wrote:
No one can question Sears' decision to transfer. Working out well for him.


One sentence is true. The other is not.


If anyone is questioning Sears's decision to transfer, that's mighty selfish and not looking at what is best for the player/student. He is back in his home state where his parents are able to see him play regularly in person. His dad is a teacher and his mom is a nurse, and while they want to travel to many of his games, that's pretty difficult with their schedule, the distance, and the financials.

Now, Sears is closer to family, is playing and leading a top 5 team nationally, and is seeing his stock rise in terms of the NBA. Whether or not you choose to cheer for him at his next school is understandable, but if you are questioning his decision, that's incredibly self-centered.







The point is we all have different criteria for judging these things. To say no one can question the transfer just because he is doing well at his new school is a false statement. I wasn't necessarily saying anything about my own criteria in that previous remark.



And your point just proves the other point above. Anyone who has criteria that would say HIS decision to transfer was questionable is not looking at this from Mark Sears's perspective. In what world would anyone in his position that made that decision be questioning that decision at this point in time. The only people questioning his decision are looking after their own happiness or pride as an OU fan and ignoring his perspective.


Who said one has to take his current perspective. One can take issue with this decision on many grounds. All I said was that the original statement was factually wrong. Thanks for proving my point.
Agree.


Who else's perspective would you take when evaluating his decision to transfer or not?
Back to Top
  
Bobcat Love's Sense of Shame
General User

Member Since: 7/30/2010
Post Count: 2,890

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Sears & BVP
   Posted: 12/15/2022 4:00:09 PM 
Kevin Finnegan wrote:
I think I've learned on this site (and the world in general) that there are some people who won't admit when they're wrong. They prefer to dig their heels in, instead.


What I've learned is how many people are inclined to insist their own feelings are valid in the face of rational evidence otherwise. For a lot, it doesn't even seem like right and wrong factor in, but rather an insistence that they have the right to feel the way they want to feel.

Back to Top
  
OhioCatFan
General User



Member Since: 12/20/2004
Location: Athens, OH
Post Count: 13,749

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Sears & BVP
   Posted: 12/15/2022 11:46:39 PM 
cc-cat wrote:
OhioCatFan wrote:
Who said one has to take his current perspective. One can take issue with this decision on many grounds. All I said was that the original statement was factually wrong. Thanks for proving my point.
Agree.


So you have an employee. Great salesman and a good guy. Makes about $125k all in. Comes to you and says he is moving back to his home state near family. Will work in the same industry, but not with a direct competitor. You tell him you can get him to $150k. He says he's projecting to be at $165k plus his new position will put him on a better track to management and again, be back near home. You talk to him 6 months later. He's tracking to $175k and is already involved in management training. How do you hang up phone and say "boy he effed up." You may be having trouble filling his spot and spending money on training so you can hang up the phone and say "damn, wish he were still here" "after all I did for him..." - but not "I think he made a mistake." Could his new company implode and he gets let go? Sure, but there is no indication of that at all. In fact, his new company has just been recognized as one of the "emerging companies of the year" and is one of the favorites to be "company of the year" - an award your company had zero chance of winning.


This is a nice story, and in its own context I generally agree with what you are saying, but you completely missed my point. People have a right to evaluate these things using any criteria they so choose. That criteria doesn't have to be rational or logical or something that that you or I, or even BLSS, would agree with. The original statement I was reacting to said otherwise, which is blatantly false.


The only BLSS Certified Hypocrite on BA

"It is better to be an optimist and be proven a fool than to be a pessimist and be proven right."

Note: My avatar is the national colors of the 78th Ohio Veteran Volunteer Infantry, which are now preserved in a climate controlled vault at the Ohio History Connection. Learn more about the old 78th at: http://www.78ohio.org

Back to Top
  
mid70sbobcat
General User

Member Since: 12/20/2004
Post Count: 608

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Sears & BVP
   Posted: 12/16/2022 12:12:44 AM 
OhioCatFan wrote:
cc-cat wrote:
OhioCatFan wrote:
Who said one has to take his current perspective. One can take issue with this decision on many grounds. All I said was that the original statement was factually wrong. Thanks for proving my point.
Agree.


So you have an employee. Great salesman and a good guy. Makes about $125k all in. Comes to you and says he is moving back to his home state near family. Will work in the same industry, but not with a direct competitor. You tell him you can get him to $150k. He says he's projecting to be at $165k plus his new position will put him on a better track to management and again, be back near home. You talk to him 6 months later. He's tracking to $175k and is already involved in management training. How do you hang up phone and say "boy he effed up." You may be having trouble filling his spot and spending money on training so you can hang up the phone and say "damn, wish he were still here" "after all I did for him..." - but not "I think he made a mistake." Could his new company implode and he gets let go? Sure, but there is no indication of that at all. In fact, his new company has just been recognized as one of the "emerging companies of the year" and is one of the favorites to be "company of the year" - an award your company had zero chance of winning.


This is a nice story, and in its own context I generally agree with what you are saying, but you completely missed my point. People have a right to evaluate these things using any criteria they so choose. That criteria doesn't have to be rational or logical or something that that you or I, or even BLSS, would agree with. The original statement I was reacting to said otherwise, which is blatantly false.


+1

I think I may be the only person who "GOT" your original post, which I agree with.

Sears made a good move based on his numbers and congrats to him. Not criticism, but I noted his FT percentage has dropped from like 88% to 74%.
Back to Top
  
Bobcat Love's Sense of Shame
General User

Member Since: 7/30/2010
Post Count: 2,890

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Sears & BVP
   Posted: 12/16/2022 8:25:17 AM 
OhioCatFan wrote:

The original statement I was reacting to said otherwise, which is blatantly false.


The original statement wasn't a literal one. It was a device to illustrate just how overwhelmingly the evidence has tilted in this particular debate.

There are 6 pages of context in this thread; you've chosen to isolate one sentence from the context and argue only whether it's logically correct. More of your trademark intellectual honesty.

And you're doing all of this because the alternative would be acknowledging that some people maybe shouldn't have been so angry at a 19 year old they've never met's decision on where to play basketball.

Keep fighting the good fight, I guess?



Last Edited: 12/16/2022 8:25:53 AM by Bobcat Love's Sense of Shame

Back to Top
  
spongeBOB CATpants
General User



Member Since: 8/16/2016
Post Count: 804

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Sears & BVP
   Posted: 12/16/2022 10:36:45 AM 
I once had a smoking hot girl friend. We were a perfect match. After a couple years of an amazing relationship, her childhood best friend filled her in on a desirable bachelor back in her hometown.

She decided that she could leave me for a much better partner, one that could give her all the financials she needed to live a much better life and also move back to her hometown.

She ghosted me. She never spoke to me or any of my (our) friends again. There was no closure, not a peep. Not even a thank you for supporting her and being such a great partner. I mean at the very least, I invested 2 years of my life trying to make her happy.

Who here would be ok with her ghosting you for a better looking and richer man?

I could name a few on here that would be ok with that.
Back to Top
  
rollbobbies
General User

Member Since: 11/7/2022
Post Count: 31

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Sears & BVP
   Posted: 12/16/2022 11:25:26 AM 
spongeBOB CATpants wrote:
I once had a smoking hot girl friend. We were a perfect match. After a couple years of an amazing relationship, her childhood best friend filled her in on a desirable bachelor back in her hometown.

She decided that she could leave me for a much better partner, one that could give her all the financials she needed to live a much better life and also move back to her hometown.

She ghosted me. She never spoke to me or any of my (our) friends again. There was no closure, not a peep. Not even a thank you for supporting her and being such a great partner. I mean at the very least, I invested 2 years of my life trying to make her happy.

Who here would be ok with her ghosting you for a better looking and richer man?

I could name a few on here that would be ok with that.


This is another ridiculous comparison. Are you trying to insinuate that we were the "boyfriend" that supported mark sears? If anyone on this board personally knows and supported him during his time here, speak up. Otherwise, we are more like the 2nd cousin that met Mark Sears once while he was dating our cousin. The actual 'boyfriend' would be Boals and staff and his teammates. If he "ghosted" them, then that's a different conversation. But judging from social media interaction between him and his former teammates here, I don't think there were really any hard feelings, unless I missed something. Not sure why people insist he owes any fan an explanation.
Back to Top
  
rollbobbies
General User

Member Since: 11/7/2022
Post Count: 31

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Sears & BVP
   Posted: 12/16/2022 11:26:13 AM 
Bobcat Love's Sense of Shame wrote:
OhioCatFan wrote:

The original statement I was reacting to said otherwise, which is blatantly false.


The original statement wasn't a literal one. It was a device to illustrate just how overwhelmingly the evidence has tilted in this particular debate.

There are 6 pages of context in this thread; you've chosen to isolate one sentence from the context and argue only whether it's logically correct. More of your trademark intellectual honesty.

And you're doing all of this because the alternative would be acknowledging that some people maybe shouldn't have been so angry at a 19 year old they've never met's decision on where to play basketball.

Keep fighting the good fight, I guess?





Amen. I'm going to let this argument die now lol
Back to Top
  
Andrew Ruck
General User



Member Since: 12/22/2004
Location: Columbus, OH
Post Count: 4,373

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Sears & BVP
   Posted: 12/16/2022 11:54:29 AM 
We've got guys getting ghosted, co-workers darting for competitors, 2nd cousins with fleeting support. The holidays are always crazy, stay safe out there friends.


Andrew Ruck
B.B.A. 2003

Back to Top
  
spongeBOB CATpants
General User



Member Since: 8/16/2016
Post Count: 804

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Sears & BVP
   Posted: 12/16/2022 11:56:16 AM 
rollbobbies wrote:
spongeBOB CATpants wrote:
I once had a smoking hot girl friend. We were a perfect match. After a couple years of an amazing relationship, her childhood best friend filled her in on a desirable bachelor back in her hometown.

She decided that she could leave me for a much better partner, one that could give her all the financials she needed to live a much better life and also move back to her hometown.

She ghosted me. She never spoke to me or any of my (our) friends again. There was no closure, not a peep. Not even a thank you for supporting her and being such a great partner. I mean at the very least, I invested 2 years of my life trying to make her happy.

Who here would be ok with her ghosting you for a better looking and richer man?

I could name a few on here that would be ok with that.


This is another ridiculous comparison. Are you trying to insinuate that we were the "boyfriend" that supported mark sears? If anyone on this board personally knows and supported him during his time here, speak up. Otherwise, we are more like the 2nd cousin that met Mark Sears once while he was dating our cousin. The actual 'boyfriend' would be Boals and staff and his teammates. If he "ghosted" them, then that's a different conversation. But judging from social media interaction between him and his former teammates here, I don't think there were really any hard feelings, unless I missed something. Not sure why people insist he owes any fan an explanation.


Definitely wasn't supposed to be a literal 1:1 example. Some can't comprehend that the issue isn't that he transferred. I think we can all agree that transferring made total sense and he is reaping the benefits ten-fold.

Maybe take a second and think about the donors, alumni, kids, people who bought tickets, people who streamed the crappy broadcasts on espn3, travelled to away games(I did), teammates, really anybody who showed any support. A simple "Thank you Athens, its been fun!" would've changed the entire situation from my perspective. Can't speak for anybody else.

Shut this thread down. If we really need updates on Sears and BVP, we can all google. I think the only reason this thread got started was to prove to the naysayers that Sears made the right choice and to somehow feel self-satisfaction from that.
Back to Top
  
Bobcat Love's Sense of Shame
General User

Member Since: 7/30/2010
Post Count: 2,890

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Sears & BVP
   Posted: 12/16/2022 12:20:12 PM 
spongeBOB CATpants wrote:

Definitely wasn't supposed to be a literal 1:1 example. Some can't comprehend that the issue isn't that he transferred. I think we can all agree that transferring made total sense and he is reaping the benefits ten-fold.

Maybe take a second and think about the donors, alumni, kids, people who bought tickets, people who streamed the crappy broadcasts on espn3, travelled to away games(I did), teammates, really anybody who showed any support. A simple "Thank you Athens, its been fun!" would've changed the entire situation from my perspective. Can't speak for anybody else.

Shut this thread down. If we really need updates on Sears and BVP, we can all google. I think the only reason this thread got started was to prove to the naysayers that Sears made the right choice and to somehow feel self-satisfaction from that.


Sorry Sears left you for a better man and didn't thank you for everything you sacrificed for him. We shoud definitely shut the thread down since it's hurting your feelings.

Or, I dunno, maybe a trigger warning would help? Mods, maybe this should be added as a pop-up when folks land on BobcatAttack:

"Caution: You may have an emotional attachment to Ohio University basketball players and they may not always behave exactly the way you want them to. On this website, Ohio University basketball players are discussed. If you're triggered by your emotional attachment to Ohio University basketball players, proceed with caution."

And as I've pointed out, the vitriol towards Spears started before he made his decision to transfer to Alabama and before he left. It's all right here on BobcatAttack, preserved for anybody who wants it. People insulted his Mom, for f*cks sake. So the idea that had he said "Thank You" everything would be totally fine is bullsh*t. The issue is that a bunch of people seem to be completely incapable of properly contextualizing support for a college basketball team and lash out in weird ways when things don't go the way they want them to go. That's not Mark Sears' issue, it's their own.

Last Edited: 12/16/2022 12:23:43 PM by Bobcat Love's Sense of Shame

Back to Top
  
spongeBOB CATpants
General User



Member Since: 8/16/2016
Post Count: 804

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Sears & BVP
   Posted: 12/16/2022 1:03:07 PM 
Bobcat Love's Sense of Shame wrote:
spongeBOB CATpants wrote:

Definitely wasn't supposed to be a literal 1:1 example. Some can't comprehend that the issue isn't that he transferred. I think we can all agree that transferring made total sense and he is reaping the benefits ten-fold.

Maybe take a second and think about the donors, alumni, kids, people who bought tickets, people who streamed the crappy broadcasts on espn3, travelled to away games(I did), teammates, really anybody who showed any support. A simple "Thank you Athens, its been fun!" would've changed the entire situation from my perspective. Can't speak for anybody else.

Shut this thread down. If we really need updates on Sears and BVP, we can all google. I think the only reason this thread got started was to prove to the naysayers that Sears made the right choice and to somehow feel self-satisfaction from that.


Sorry Sears left you for a better man and didn't thank you for everything you sacrificed for him. We shoud definitely shut the thread down since it's hurting your feelings.

Or, I dunno, maybe a trigger warning would help? Mods, maybe this should be added as a pop-up when folks land on BobcatAttack:

"Caution: You may have an emotional attachment to Ohio University basketball players and they may not always behave exactly the way you want them to. On this website, Ohio University basketball players are discussed. If you're triggered by your emotional attachment to Ohio University basketball players, proceed with caution."

And as I've pointed out, the vitriol towards Spears started before he made his decision to transfer to Alabama and before he left. It's all right here on BobcatAttack, preserved for anybody who wants it. People insulted his Mom, for f*cks sake. So the idea that had he said "Thank You" everything would be totally fine is bullsh*t. The issue is that a bunch of people seem to be completely incapable of properly contextualizing support for a college basketball team and lash out in weird ways when things don't go the way they want them to go. That's not Mark Sears' issue, it's their own.


You seem to think that I care about Mark Sears. My feelings aren't hurt, never were.

Not sure who else stated that a Thank You from Mark would've changed the outlook of the situation so I assume you are calling my opinion on that BS. Guess what, I call your opinion about my opinion BS.

Go BVP, Boo Mark Sears. I wish them both luck in their future endeavors.

Back to Top
  
cc-cat
General User

Member Since: 4/5/2006
Location: matthews, NC
Post Count: 3,769

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Sears & BVP
   Posted: 12/16/2022 1:59:44 PM 
cc-cat wrote:
No one can question Sears' decision to transfer. Working out well for him.


In hindsight I now see that this statement is not absolute and, therefore, false - perhaps in some people's minds even blatantly false. One could look at Sears decision and say it worked out for him, but not for us, and, therefore, question it on a very selfish level. So yes, it can be questioned- irrational as that may be with respect to him. Others may question it because they are still salty over the way Sears left - not sending a Christmas card to everyone thanking them for their support even after some brought his mother into the equation - of course many of these same folks also questioned his play here:
https://www.bobcatattack.com/messageboard/topic.asp?FromP...
https://www.bobcatattack.com/messageboard/topic.asp?FromP...

Additionally, my initial comment was also in context to those that declared he would put up quality numbers until he ran up against stronger competition. That perspective appears to be false. But of course, only appears to be false. For what is "quality" numbers and who would constitute "strong" competition. I guess I could provide various citation to address these two qualifiers (quality" / "strong") but that would take too much time and is a fan forum really a place that such qualifies are required - apparently may be. Besides, it is sunny outside here in the Carolinas and I want to head outside. Wait - I see a cloud so maybe it is not considered sunny. Sorry for yet another blatantly false statement,
Back to Top
  
OhioCatFan
General User



Member Since: 12/20/2004
Location: Athens, OH
Post Count: 13,749

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Sears & BVP
   Posted: 12/16/2022 2:00:53 PM 
Bobcat Love's Sense of Shame wrote:
OhioCatFan wrote:

The original statement I was reacting to said otherwise, which is blatantly false.


The original statement wasn't a literal one. It was a device to illustrate just how overwhelmingly the evidence has tilted in this particular debate.

There are 6 pages of context in this thread; you've chosen to isolate one sentence from the context and argue only whether it's logically correct. More of your trademark intellectual honesty.

And you're doing all of this because the alternative would be acknowledging that some people maybe shouldn't have been so angry at a 19 year old they've never met's decision on where to play basketball.

Keep fighting the good fight, I guess?


It was a very specific and absolute statement. Regardless of how you'd like to spin it after the fact. Nice try!


The only BLSS Certified Hypocrite on BA

"It is better to be an optimist and be proven a fool than to be a pessimist and be proven right."

Note: My avatar is the national colors of the 78th Ohio Veteran Volunteer Infantry, which are now preserved in a climate controlled vault at the Ohio History Connection. Learn more about the old 78th at: http://www.78ohio.org

Back to Top
  
Bobcat Love's Sense of Shame
General User

Member Since: 7/30/2010
Post Count: 2,890

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Sears & BVP
   Posted: 12/16/2022 2:08:06 PM 
spongeBOB CATpants wrote:
=
Not sure who else stated that a Thank You from Mark would've changed the outlook of the situation so I assume you are calling my opinion on that BS. Guess what, I call your opinion about my opinion BS.




That's how many people chose to justify their emotions, not just you.

And you compared Sears leaving to getting left by your girlfriend and asked us to please think about the poor donors of Ohio University. It's a bit late to go claiming you don't care about Mark Sears.

Hope the thread gets locked for you.

Last Edited: 12/16/2022 2:11:12 PM by Bobcat Love's Sense of Shame

Back to Top
  
Bobcat Love's Sense of Shame
General User

Member Since: 7/30/2010
Post Count: 2,890

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Sears & BVP
   Posted: 12/16/2022 2:12:19 PM 
OhioCatFan wrote:

It was a very specific and absolute statement. Regardless of how you'd like to spin it after the fact. Nice try!


Glad you found a way to feel right. Close call on this one, given the rest of the thread.
Back to Top
  
Andrew Ruck
General User



Member Since: 12/22/2004
Location: Columbus, OH
Post Count: 4,373

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Sears & BVP
   Posted: 12/16/2022 2:32:17 PM 
spongeBOB CATpants wrote:
Shut this thread down. If we really need updates on Sears and BVP, we can all google. I think the only reason this thread got started was to prove to the naysayers that Sears made the right choice and to somehow feel self-satisfaction from that.


Um No. 2 of our homegrown talents are playing key roles in National championship contending teams. It would be extremely weird if we did NOT discuss it here.

However, the argument about how we feel about them? Yeah, we could probably just end that. As usual, both sides are overstating what the other side is saying and the back and forth has become pretty nonsensical at this point.

Steering back to the basketball, I for one have actually really enjoyed watching both when I get the chance. It is kind of fun to watch basketball while obsessing over one specific player.


Andrew Ruck
B.B.A. 2003

Back to Top
  
Jeff Hill
General User



Member Since: 12/20/2004
Post Count: 180

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Sears & BVP
   Posted: 12/16/2022 2:40:30 PM 
For those who subscribe to The Athletic here is link to today's feature story on BVP, his family and the UVA full circle thing.


https://theathletic.com/4002341/2022/12/16/ben-vander-pla... /
Back to Top
  
spongeBOB CATpants
General User



Member Since: 8/16/2016
Post Count: 804

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Sears & BVP
   Posted: 12/16/2022 2:52:58 PM 
Bobcat Love's Sense of Shame wrote:
spongeBOB CATpants wrote:
=
Not sure who else stated that a Thank You from Mark would've changed the outlook of the situation so I assume you are calling my opinion on that BS. Guess what, I call your opinion about my opinion BS.




That's how many people chose to justify their emotions, not just you.

And you compared Sears leaving to getting left by your girlfriend and asked us to please think about the poor donors of Ohio University. It's a bit late to go claiming you don't care about Mark Sears.

Hope the thread gets locked for you.


I guess I needed to preface my *fake* scenario for those that actually thought I would seriously compare Sears to a real life break up, you must really think I'm low IQ.

For those that wish to talk the current state of Ohio Basketball, I look forward to continuing those discussions on the other threads.
Back to Top
  
cc-cat
General User

Member Since: 4/5/2006
Location: matthews, NC
Post Count: 3,769

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Sears & BVP
   Posted: 12/16/2022 2:55:21 PM 
While not thread specific - Miami just lost their bowl game and Miami still sucks. I think we can all agree both statements are absolute. ;)
Back to Top
  
Showing Replies:  101 - 125  of 231 Posts
Jump to Page:  < Previous    1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10    Next >
View Other 'Ohio Basketball' Topics
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             







Copyright ©2023 BobcatAttack.com. All rights reserved.  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Use
Partner of USA TODAY Sports Digital Properties