Welcome Guest!
Create an Account
login email:
password:
site searchwhere to watchcontact usabout usadvertise with ushelp
Message Board

BobcatAttack.com Message Board
Ohio Basketball
Topic:  RE: Official Game 19 Thread: Central Michigan

Topic:  RE: Official Game 19 Thread: Central Michigan
Author
Message
shabamon
General User



Member Since: 11/17/2006
Location: Cincinnati
Post Count: 5,196

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 19 Thread: Central Michigan
   Posted: 1/21/2023 7:59:31 PM 
Did those referees not realize shot blocking is legal? Both AJs out there cleanly rejecting dunks at the rim only to be whistled.
Back to Top
  
M.D.W.S.T
General User



Member Since: 12/23/2021
Post Count: 408

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 19 Thread: Central Michigan
   Posted: 1/21/2023 8:08:44 PM 
FearLeon wrote:


With that said, start Elmore and have AJ Brown come off the bench and see if AJ can regain his spark as the 6th man. It makes sense.



Do you want to pass me some loto numbers?

Last Edited: 1/21/2023 8:09:09 PM by M.D.W.S.T

Back to Top
  
Alan Swank
General User

Member Since: 12/11/2004
Location: Athens, OH
Post Count: 6,712

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 19 Thread: Central Michigan
   Posted: 1/21/2023 8:31:11 PM 
RSBobcat wrote:
bobcatsquared wrote:
Football players were recognized at halftime after filling out an entire section (other end of lower bleachers from where the 100 sits) during the first half. The players must have had a mandatory study table on this fine Saturday afternoon because the entire team exited the Convo after the halftime ceremony.


I noticed that as well. Maybe they thought that was OHIO protocol based on what happens after halftime at Peden....



Now that is funny on so many levels.

Would have been nice to stay though to support another team.

Back to Top
  
GraffZ06
General User



Member Since: 1/5/2005
Location: Dayton, OH
Post Count: 1,292

Status: Online

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 19 Thread: Central Michigan
   Posted: 1/21/2023 8:39:36 PM 
Alan Swank wrote:
RSBobcat wrote:
bobcatsquared wrote:
Football players were recognized at halftime after filling out an entire section (other end of lower bleachers from where the 100 sits) during the first half. The players must have had a mandatory study table on this fine Saturday afternoon because the entire team exited the Convo after the halftime ceremony.


I noticed that as well. Maybe they thought that was OHIO protocol based on what happens after halftime at Peden....



Now that is funny on so many levels.

Would have been nice to stay though to support another team.



Was there at least a 110 floor show after their halftime recognition to cue the exodus?
Back to Top
  
RSBobcat
General User



Member Since: 8/22/2010
Location: Columbus, OH
Post Count: 4,315

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 19 Thread: Central Michigan
   Posted: 1/21/2023 9:05:00 PM 
GraffZ06 wrote:

Was there at least a 110 floor show after their halftime recognition to cue the exodus?



Nope. Though I will add that there was no presence of or recognition per TA as MAC COY. I assumed this was his personal decision/request which is pretty humble and cool on his part if so.


Last Edited: 1/21/2023 9:06:25 PM by RSBobcat


RS Bobcat

Back to Top
  
Ohio69
General User

Member Since: 12/20/2004
Post Count: 2,931

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 19 Thread: Central Michigan
   Posted: 1/22/2023 12:31:06 AM 
Cbus Convo wrote:
Elmore James needs to play more than 20 minutes. That shot he created for himself, and then nailed, at the end of the first half when the shot clock was nearing zero was something I haven't seen in the Convo in a while. Need more of that going forward.


You thought that too, eh?

Elmore James is something else.

Not sure who to compare him too. Sonny Troutman? Mychal Green?




Last Edited: 1/22/2023 12:32:32 AM by Ohio69


Can somebody hit a pull up jumper for me?.....

Back to Top
  
SBH
General User

Member Since: 12/20/2004
Post Count: 3,337

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 19 Thread: Central Michigan
   Posted: 1/22/2023 9:41:44 AM 
Still no mention of Miles Brown? If he doesn't go off for 23 first-half points, it's an entirely different game. It's not like BRod used his starting opportunity to light it up.



Back to Top
  
spongeBOB CATpants
General User



Member Since: 8/16/2016
Post Count: 705

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 19 Thread: Central Michigan
   Posted: 1/22/2023 10:22:55 AM 
Cbus Convo wrote:
Elmore James needs to play more than 20 minutes. That shot he created for himself, and then nailed, at the end of the first half when the shot clock was nearing zero was something I haven't seen in the Convo in a while. Need more of that going forward.


I agree with this. We've all been very quick to award AJ Brown OUr FOY, however, James is starting to close that gap IMO. Might be a hot take but he's our best athlete on the court.
Back to Top
  
spongeBOB CATpants
General User



Member Since: 8/16/2016
Post Count: 705

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 19 Thread: Central Michigan
   Posted: 1/22/2023 10:26:04 AM 
Alan Swank wrote:
RSBobcat wrote:
bobcatsquared wrote:
Football players were recognized at halftime after filling out an entire section (other end of lower bleachers from where the 100 sits) during the first half. The players must have had a mandatory study table on this fine Saturday afternoon because the entire team exited the Convo after the halftime ceremony.


I noticed that as well. Maybe they thought that was OHIO protocol based on what happens after halftime at Peden....



Now that is funny on so many levels.

Would have been nice to stay though to support another team.



Not to get all boomer-like, but they could've at least had the team wear a polo or something? Flip flops and hoods up must be the drip these days.
Back to Top
  
BillyTheCat
General User

Member Since: 10/6/2012
Post Count: 8,661

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 19 Thread: Central Michigan
   Posted: 1/22/2023 10:55:59 AM 
SBH wrote:
Still no mention of Miles Brown? If he doesn't go off for 23 first-half points, it's an entirely different game. It's not like BRod used his starting opportunity to light it up.





Funny, some still believe he shouldn’t see the floor. He’s been one of our most consistent players all season in many facets of the game.
Back to Top
  
bobcatsquared
General User

Member Since: 12/20/2004
Post Count: 4,361

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 19 Thread: Central Michigan
   Posted: 1/22/2023 11:48:37 AM 
BillyTheCat wrote:
Funny, some still believe he shouldn’t see the floor.


For example. . . ?
Back to Top
  
BillyTheCat
General User

Member Since: 10/6/2012
Post Count: 8,661

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 19 Thread: Central Michigan
   Posted: 1/22/2023 11:56:00 AM 
bobcatsquared wrote:
BillyTheCat wrote:
Funny, some still believe he shouldn’t see the floor.


For example. . . ?


That has been stated here by at least two posters. Maybe SBH remembers who, but it’s been stated that he provides nothing when on the floor.
Back to Top
  
M.D.W.S.T
General User



Member Since: 12/23/2021
Post Count: 408

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 19 Thread: Central Michigan
   Posted: 1/22/2023 1:32:39 PM 
BillyTheCat wrote:
bobcatsquared wrote:
BillyTheCat wrote:
Funny, some still believe he shouldn’t see the floor.


For example. . . ?


That has been stated here by at least two posters. Maybe SBH remembers who, but it’s been stated that he provides nothing when on the floor.


Good news is a couple of these guys can play.

Bad news is they're all guards and next year we have no one over 6'4"
Back to Top
  
Ted Thompson
Administrator



Member Since: 11/11/2004
Location: MAC Play
Post Count: 7,054

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 19 Thread: Central Michigan
   Posted: 1/22/2023 2:14:17 PM 

 


Follow Ohio Football recruiting on the BobcatAttack.com football recruiting database.

Back to Top
  
mrhoopfan
General User

Member Since: 1/22/2023
Post Count: 2

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 19 Thread: Central Michigan
   Posted: 1/22/2023 3:00:33 PM 

Miles is a combo guard. Good off the bounce but not quite a pg, on the short side to be a true 2 guard. Herky-Jerky, changes speeds well, crafty finisher..... Unfortunately, he has been pegged into a catch and shoot guy primarily..If his usage and more importantly , opportunites to come off ball screens regularly increased, he'd average 17-20 a game.. he's a very talented, smart kid. There's a reason he's top 5 all time in points scored in NY HS history
Back to Top
  
SBH
General User

Member Since: 12/20/2004
Post Count: 3,337

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 19 Thread: Central Michigan
   Posted: 1/22/2023 4:53:33 PM 
BillyTheCat wrote:
bobcatsquared wrote:
BillyTheCat wrote:
Funny, some still believe he shouldn’t see the floor.


For example. . . ?


That has been stated here by at least two posters. Maybe SBH remembers who, but it’s been stated that he provides nothing when on the floor.


Squared has long dismissed Miles as bench material.
Back to Top
  
bobcatsquared
General User

Member Since: 12/20/2004
Post Count: 4,361

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 19 Thread: Central Michigan
   Posted: 1/22/2023 6:28:54 PM 
He's a starter with this roster.

Would like to see more consistency from Miles, which I can say about everyone on OUr roster with the exception of DW.

Last Edited: 1/22/2023 6:30:42 PM by bobcatsquared

Back to Top
  
mrhoopfan
General User

Member Since: 1/22/2023
Post Count: 2

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 19 Thread: Central Michigan
   Posted: 1/22/2023 9:12:22 PM 
He's very consistent, look at his fg, ft, and 3pt %.... Ohio seems to give higher usage to lower iq guards on the squad for some reason...He is second on team in scoring while being fourth in fga, that's typically a stat you'd see from a big
Back to Top
  
bobcatsquared
General User

Member Since: 12/20/2004
Post Count: 4,361

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 19 Thread: Central Michigan
   Posted: 1/23/2023 6:36:33 AM 
Game-to-game consistency?

Last seven games scoring by Miles: 9, 24, 9, 7, 12, 3, 27. Going back farther will show the same.
Back to Top
  
shabamon
General User



Member Since: 11/17/2006
Location: Cincinnati
Post Count: 5,196

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 19 Thread: Central Michigan
   Posted: 1/23/2023 9:13:14 AM 
Miles Brown now leads the MAC in three point shooting percentage.

Roderick is actually eighth, but he only averages about one make a game.
Back to Top
  
Andrew Ruck
General User



Member Since: 12/22/2004
Location: Columbus, OH
Post Count: 4,139

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 19 Thread: Central Michigan
   Posted: 1/23/2023 9:13:26 AM 
bobcatsquared wrote:
Football players were recognized at halftime after filling out an entire section (other end of lower bleachers from where the 110 sits) during the first half. The players must have had a mandatory study table on this fine Saturday afternoon because the entire team exited the Convo after the halftime ceremony.


This just enrages and puzzles me to no end. I can almost understand not getting to many or any of the games, but they are literally already there in the building...Just hang out another 40 minutes. You would think they would understand the team needs and appreciates the support. The student section was weak and my old curmudgeon self will never be able to accept this apathy.

Anyway, as for the game...Boals clearly challenged this team to make a better effort defensively and it showed. A lot of really good defensive plays made and better hustle and attention to detail. I could be wrong, but while coach has been upset with the entire team defensively, I get the impression he has been particularly disappointed in Hunter & Baker.

On the offensive side, CMU's perimeter defense was atrocious. We had so many wide open looks and we used it to the tune of 15 made threes. Only 9 turnovers and most of those were in the final 10 minutes or so. Good defense and responsible offense...that's a good formula. But of course we must remember this was home cooking against a weaker opponent.

I've been calling for Miles to be our go-to man all season. He has the most reliable outside shot to go with PG level ball skills and top tier defensive abilities. He has a 49.4% 3 point percentage. He needs to shoot more and Jaylin needs to shoot less. I really hope he comes back for year #5.

Coach is starting to come around to not feeling like he has to have 1 of Wilson or Wiz on the court. There were 9 minutes where neither were on the court. This gives us hope that maybe some day he will remove Wiz from the rotation. Hadaway & Adelodun looked very good in their brief appearances, and Roderick has no question been better this season. Would love to give all of Wiz's minutes to those guys.


Andrew Ruck
B.B.A. 2003

Back to Top
  
shabamon
General User



Member Since: 11/17/2006
Location: Cincinnati
Post Count: 5,196

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 19 Thread: Central Michigan
   Posted: 1/23/2023 9:22:43 AM 
Andrew Ruck wrote:

Coach is starting to come around to not feeling like he has to have 1 of Wilson or Wiz on the court. There were 9 minutes where neither were on the court. This gives us hope that maybe some day he will remove Wiz from the rotation. Hadaway & Adelodun looked very good in their brief appearances, and Roderick has no question been better this season. Would love to give all of Wiz's minutes to those guys.


This small ball lineup of Roderick starting ahead of Clayton is perfectly fine. Central had a guy listed 6'10'' 260 that couldn't get position and back down against Ben. If Dwight's not on the floor and we must have a big out there, give those minutes to Clayton. He offers way more in shot blocking, rebounding, and shooting than Wiz. I can't think of a single big in the MAC that would physically overwhelm AJ. If you told me he's 6'10, I'd believe you.
Back to Top
  
bobcatsquared
General User

Member Since: 12/20/2004
Post Count: 4,361

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 19 Thread: Central Michigan
   Posted: 1/23/2023 9:43:48 AM 
Andrew Ruck wrote:
Anyway, as for the game...Boals clearly challenged this team to make a better effort defensively and it showed. A lot of really good defensive plays made and better hustle and attention to detail.


Defense was emphasized in Thu and Fri practices and it showed Saturday with the team getting their hands on a lot of balls and playing the passing lanes more. Boals appreciated it and showed that appreciation at the start of a second-half time out by running out on the court toward the student section, jumping up and down and pumping his fist. I think the aggressiveness on defense led to a high amount of fouls and CMU free throws (25) but it paid off.
Back to Top
  
Deciduous Forest Cat
General User

Member Since: 12/20/2004
Location: Ohio
Post Count: 4,028

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 19 Thread: Central Michigan
   Posted: 1/23/2023 11:57:43 AM 
bobcatsquared wrote:
Andrew Ruck wrote:
Anyway, as for the game...Boals clearly challenged this team to make a better effort defensively and it showed. A lot of really good defensive plays made and better hustle and attention to detail.


Defense was emphasized in Thu and Fri practices and it showed Saturday with the team getting their hands on a lot of balls and playing the passing lanes more. Boals appreciated it and showed that appreciation at the start of a second-half time out by running out on the court toward the student section, jumping up and down and pumping his fist. I think the aggressiveness on defense led to a high amount of fouls and CMU free throws (25) but it paid off.


It was a great game and great effort...

But still, our defense always looks improved when the opponent isn't Toledo. We've heard the emphasis on tipped passes and stuff before. Let's see if it carries over and works against anyone in the top of the conference. One game doesn't cure all that ails us.

Back to Top
  
FearLeon
General User



Member Since: 3/12/2005
Post Count: 3,139

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 19 Thread: Central Michigan
   Posted: 1/23/2023 12:14:10 PM 
M.D.W.S.T wrote:
FearLeon wrote:


With that said, start Elmore and have AJ Brown come off the bench and see if AJ can regain his spark as the 6th man. It makes sense.



Do you want to pass me some loto numbers?


Sending them your way M.D.W.S.T

Haha

Just glad this coaching staff is listening to my suggestions...hahahahah.




#BleedGreen #TrentIsGOAT

Back to Top
  
Showing Replies:  26 - 50  of 63 Posts
Jump to Page:  < Previous    1 | 2 | 3    Next >
View Other 'Ohio Basketball' Topics
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             







Copyright ©2023 BobcatAttack.com. All rights reserved.  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Use
Partner of USA TODAY Sports Digital Properties