Welcome Guest!
Create an Account
login email:
password:
site searchwhere to watchcontact usabout usadvertise with ushelp
Message Board

BobcatAttack.com Message Board
Ohio Basketball
Topic:  Akron Game Flexed aka "Moved for Money"

Topic:  Akron Game Flexed aka "Moved for Money"
Author
Message
GoCats105
General User

Member Since: 1/31/2006
Location: Seattle, WA
Post Count: 6,419

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  Akron Game Flexed aka "Moved for Money"
   Posted: 1/24/2023 12:21:52 PM 
Yippee.

Last Edited: 1/24/2023 7:05:01 PM by GoCats105

Back to Top
  
M.D.W.S.T
General User



Member Since: 12/23/2021
Post Count: 419

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Akron Game Flexed
   Posted: 1/24/2023 1:01:14 PM 
GoCats105 wrote:
Yippee.


Groce's annual P5 audition tape.
Back to Top
  
Trevor Stephens
General User

Member Since: 12/13/2017
Post Count: 177

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Akron Game Flexed
   Posted: 1/24/2023 2:02:13 PM 
CLEVELAND -- The Ohio men's basketball home game against Akron that was originally scheduled for Saturday, Feb. 11, has been selected as the Mid-American Conference Wildcard selection and has been flexed to Friday, Feb. 10. Tip-off is now set for 7:30 p.m. inside the Convocation Center and will be shown nationally on CBS Sports Network.

The Bobcats are back in action tonight against Western Michigan. Tip-off is set for 7 p.m. inside the Convocation Center and can be seen on ESPN+.
Back to Top
  
ohiocatfan1
General User

Member Since: 9/6/2016
Post Count: 233

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Akron Game Flexed
   Posted: 1/24/2023 2:49:45 PM 
Trevor Stephens wrote:
CLEVELAND -- The Ohio men's basketball home game against Akron that was originally scheduled for Saturday, Feb. 11, has been selected as the Mid-American Conference Wildcard selection and has been flexed to Friday, Feb. 10. Tip-off is now set for 7:30 p.m. inside the Convocation Center and will be shown nationally on CBS Sports Network.

The Bobcats are back in action tonight against Western Michigan. Tip-off is set for 7 p.m. inside the Convocation Center and can be seen on ESPN+.


Can we stop saying "flexed" and replace with "moved for money" or something like that?

Last Edited: 1/24/2023 2:51:41 PM by ohiocatfan1

Back to Top
  
34Manny
General User

Member Since: 1/24/2023
Location: Butler, OH
Post Count: 1

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Akron Game Flexed
   Posted: 1/24/2023 3:31:36 PM 
That stinks. This was a game I could get to as out of town alum and also see my freshman daughter.
Back to Top
  
GoCats105
General User

Member Since: 1/31/2006
Location: Seattle, WA
Post Count: 6,419

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Akron Game Flexed
   Posted: 1/24/2023 7:05:21 PM 
ohiocatfan1 wrote:
Trevor Stephens wrote:
CLEVELAND -- The Ohio men's basketball home game against Akron that was originally scheduled for Saturday, Feb. 11, has been selected as the Mid-American Conference Wildcard selection and has been flexed to Friday, Feb. 10. Tip-off is now set for 7:30 p.m. inside the Convocation Center and will be shown nationally on CBS Sports Network.

The Bobcats are back in action tonight against Western Michigan. Tip-off is set for 7 p.m. inside the Convocation Center and can be seen on ESPN+.


Can we stop saying "flexed" and replace with "moved for money" or something like that?



Changed the title of the thread just for you.
Back to Top
  
Alan Swank
General User

Member Since: 12/11/2004
Location: Athens, OH
Post Count: 6,716

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Akron Game Flexed
   Posted: 1/24/2023 9:18:04 PM 
Flexed. Saw that today while up in Akron. Makes no sense to move what has become our rivalry game from a Saturday afternoon to Friday night. At least out of town alumni who live within driving distance and had planned to make a day of it in Athens on Saturday will be able to watch it on TV after hurrying home from work. Sad.

Last Edited: 1/24/2023 9:55:07 PM by Alan Swank

Back to Top
  
ohiocatfan1
General User

Member Since: 9/6/2016
Post Count: 233

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Akron Game Flexed
   Posted: 1/25/2023 7:09:03 AM 
GoCats105 wrote:
ohiocatfan1 wrote:
Trevor Stephens wrote:
CLEVELAND -- The Ohio men's basketball home game against Akron that was originally scheduled for Saturday, Feb. 11, has been selected as the Mid-American Conference Wildcard selection and has been flexed to Friday, Feb. 10. Tip-off is now set for 7:30 p.m. inside the Convocation Center and will be shown nationally on CBS Sports Network.

The Bobcats are back in action tonight against Western Michigan. Tip-off is set for 7 p.m. inside the Convocation Center and can be seen on ESPN+.


Can we stop saying "flexed" and replace with "moved for money" or something like that?



Changed the title of the thread just for you.


Appreciate that.



Back to Top
  
Andrew Ruck
General User



Member Since: 12/22/2004
Location: Columbus, OH
Post Count: 4,149

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Akron Game Flexed
   Posted: 1/25/2023 7:23:52 AM 
Same story here, had planned an outing with some others now can't go. Really irritating and an annual tradition.

I get that the MAC needs to take the TV deal, but make them pick the matchups upfront at the beginning of the season. It really shouldn't be a big deal.


Andrew Ruck
B.B.A. 2003

Back to Top
  
Ohio69
General User

Member Since: 12/20/2004
Post Count: 2,933

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Akron Game Flexed
   Posted: 1/25/2023 6:46:03 PM 
Alan Swank wrote:
Flexed. Saw that today while up in Akron. Makes no sense to move what has become our rivalry game from a Saturday afternoon to Friday night. At least out of town alumni who live within driving distance and had planned to make a day of it in Athens on Saturday will be able to watch it on TV after hurrying home from work. Sad.


Can’t disagree at all. But I assume OU had no choice in this. TV networks can flex whatever whenever. Could have been a rocking Saturday game….

Unfortunately TV $ > fans in stands.


Can somebody hit a pull up jumper for me?.....

Back to Top
  
ohiocatfan1
General User

Member Since: 9/6/2016
Post Count: 233

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Akron Game Flexed
   Posted: 1/26/2023 9:45:37 AM 
Ohio69 wrote:
Alan Swank wrote:
Flexed. Saw that today while up in Akron. Makes no sense to move what has become our rivalry game from a Saturday afternoon to Friday night. At least out of town alumni who live within driving distance and had planned to make a day of it in Athens on Saturday will be able to watch it on TV after hurrying home from work. Sad.


Can’t disagree at all. But I assume OU had no choice in this. TV networks can flex whatever whenever. Could have been a rocking Saturday game….

Unfortunately TV $ > fans in stands.


I'm sure they have no say in it either & yes it could have been a good Saturday game to attend.

Back to Top
  
shabamon
General User



Member Since: 11/17/2006
Location: Cincinnati
Post Count: 5,211

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Akron Game Flexed
   Posted: 1/26/2023 10:08:23 AM 
Ohio69 wrote:
Alan Swank wrote:
Flexed. Saw that today while up in Akron. Makes no sense to move what has become our rivalry game from a Saturday afternoon to Friday night. At least out of town alumni who live within driving distance and had planned to make a day of it in Athens on Saturday will be able to watch it on TV after hurrying home from work. Sad.


Can’t disagree at all. But I assume OU had no choice in this. TV networks can flex whatever whenever. Could have been a rocking Saturday game….

Unfortunately TV $ > fans in stands.


I'll go out on a limb and say that with the current state of the O Zone, moving this game to Friday night for national television will make for a far more boisterous student section atmosphere, even if it means a smaller overall attendance.
Back to Top
  
Cellis033
General User



Member Since: 11/11/2021
Location: Powell, OH
Post Count: 1,187

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Akron Game Flexed
   Posted: 1/26/2023 10:13:05 AM 
shabamon wrote:
Ohio69 wrote:
Alan Swank wrote:
Flexed. Saw that today while up in Akron. Makes no sense to move what has become our rivalry game from a Saturday afternoon to Friday night. At least out of town alumni who live within driving distance and had planned to make a day of it in Athens on Saturday will be able to watch it on TV after hurrying home from work. Sad.


Can’t disagree at all. But I assume OU had no choice in this. TV networks can flex whatever whenever. Could have been a rocking Saturday game….

Unfortunately TV $ > fans in stands.


I'll go out on a limb and say that with the current state of the O Zone, moving this game to Friday night for national television will make for a far more boisterous student section atmosphere, even if it means a smaller overall attendance.


+1 I will be doing my best to get us all rocking that Friday!


Chase
OU Engineering Technology and Management '24
O-Zone President
Bringing the noise!

Muck Fiami
Kent read, Kent write, Can't be a state!
Bowling Green Normal School

Back to Top
  
Showing Replies:  1 - 13  of 13 Posts
Jump to Page:  1
View Other 'Ohio Basketball' Topics
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             







Copyright ©2023 BobcatAttack.com. All rights reserved.  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Use
Partner of USA TODAY Sports Digital Properties