Welcome Guest!
Create an Account
login email:
password:
site searchwhere to watchcontact usabout usadvertise with ushelp
Message Board

BobcatAttack.com Message Board
Ohio Basketball
Topic:  RE: TOS to Thread.....

Topic:  RE: TOS to Thread.....
Author
Message
shabamon
General User



Member Since: 11/17/2006
Location: Cincinnati
Post Count: 6,201

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: TOS to Thread.....
   Posted: 3/14/2023 3:49:29 PM 
Looks like Bowling Green is hiring Southern Utah head coach Todd Simon. Although he never got them a tournament championship, Simon steadily rebuilt SUU and was the WAC COTY in 2021. Michigan native and CMU grad.
Back to Top
  
Buckeye to Bobcat
General User

Member Since: 9/10/2013
Post Count: 1,776

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: TOS to Thread.....
   Posted: 3/14/2023 4:00:57 PM 
shabamon wrote:
Looks like Bowling Green is hiring Southern Utah head coach Todd Simon. Although he never got them a tournament championship, Simon steadily rebuilt SUU and was the WAC COTY in 2021. Michigan native and CMU grad.


Even reading the ESPN article about it, talking about the coaches they've brought in.....between Dakich, Larranaga, Chris Jans......they basically all got run out of there, including Jans for smacking booty in BG. Not sure why everyone is so high on BG's potential for success, these geniuses had a chance to build a proper arena and they replicated those stupid corners from Anderson Arena and lack of ADA entrances for their older fanbase to get in. It's no mystery why they haven't been to a dance since 1968, along with the challenges of recruiting to Bowling Green Ohio.....
Back to Top
  
shabamon
General User



Member Since: 11/17/2006
Location: Cincinnati
Post Count: 6,201

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: TOS to Thread.....
   Posted: 3/20/2023 2:41:32 PM 
Ed Cooley is going to Georgetown

Mike Brey appears to be going to USF

It seems Pitino to St. John's is imminent
Back to Top
  
GoCats105
General User

Member Since: 1/31/2006
Location: Seattle, WA
Post Count: 6,963

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: TOS to Thread.....
   Posted: 3/20/2023 3:58:17 PM 
The Pitino news brings back memories of Love clamoring for Ohio to hire him after Saul.

Back to Top
  
rpbobcat
General User

Member Since: 4/28/2006
Location: Rochelle Park, NJ
Post Count: 3,529

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: TOS to Thread.....
   Posted: 3/21/2023 12:07:03 PM 
TOS to FDU.

Just lost our coach to Iona. :-(

Now we have to see what players he takes with him.
Back to Top
  
Buckeye to Bobcat
General User

Member Since: 9/10/2013
Post Count: 1,776

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: TOS to Thread.....
   Posted: 3/21/2023 3:14:00 PM 
rpbobcat wrote:
TOS to FDU.

Just lost our coach to Iona. :-(

Now we have to see what players he takes with him.


I get why he took that job. Sad he's leaving FDU, but the fact they had a kid running their media dept tells me all I need to know in how tight finances are there.....
Back to Top
  
rpbobcat
General User

Member Since: 4/28/2006
Location: Rochelle Park, NJ
Post Count: 3,529

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: TOS to Thread.....
   Posted: 3/21/2023 3:33:09 PM 
Buckeye to Bobcat wrote:


I get why he took that job. Sad he's leaving FDU, but the fact they had a kid running their media dept tells me all I need to know in how tight finances are there.....


"tight" that's an understatement.
Back to Top
  
Bobcat Love
General User

Member Since: 12/20/2004
Post Count: 956

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: TOS to Thread.....
   Posted: 3/22/2023 12:37:08 PM 
GoCats105 wrote:
The Pitino news brings back memories of Love clamoring for Ohio to hire him after Saul.



Yeah, that was dumb. It would have given us multiple NCAA bids and put us back on the map. Really dumb. Instead we have an angry guy rage tweeting from his couch about a team currently in the Sweet 16 and his perceived NIL flaws.....all while he simeltaneously pisses off recruits and capitalists. But yeah, my bad.



Back to Top
  
GraffZ06
General User



Member Since: 1/5/2005
Location: Dayton, OH
Post Count: 1,943

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: TOS to Thread.....
   Posted: 3/22/2023 12:41:30 PM 
Bobcat Love wrote:
GoCats105 wrote:
The Pitino news brings back memories of Love clamoring for Ohio to hire him after Saul.



Yeah, that was dumb. It would have given us multiple NCAA bids and put us back on the map. Really dumb. Instead we have an angry guy rage tweeting from his couch about a team currently in the Sweet 16 and his perceived NIL flaws.....all while he simeltaneously pisses off recruits and capitalists. But yeah, my bad.





I'm as free market capitalist as they come and I love what Boals tweeted.
Back to Top
  
shabamon
General User



Member Since: 11/17/2006
Location: Cincinnati
Post Count: 6,201

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: TOS to Thread.....
   Posted: 3/27/2023 9:21:21 PM 
Buffalo is still without a coach. The YSU coach apparently turned them down.
Back to Top
  
ohio9704
General User

Member Since: 2/11/2006
Post Count: 1,517

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: TOS to Thread.....
   Posted: 3/27/2023 9:57:23 PM 
https://hoopdirt.com /

Always a good coaching rumors page.
Back to Top
  
FJC31
General User

Member Since: 3/31/2022
Post Count: 1,292

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: TOS to Thread.....
   Posted: 3/28/2023 7:23:26 AM 
shabamon wrote:
Buffalo is still without a coach. The YSU coach apparently turned them down.


Wow, what a fall for Buffalo. Huge misstep by its AD four years ago not hiring Hodgson. Who is now at Arkansas State.
Back to Top
  
Cellis033
General User



Member Since: 11/11/2021
Location: Powell, OH
Post Count: 1,570

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: TOS to Thread.....
   Posted: 3/28/2023 9:00:58 AM 
FJC31 wrote:
shabamon wrote:
Buffalo is still without a coach. The YSU coach apparently turned them down.


Wow, what a fall for Buffalo. Huge misstep by its AD four years ago not hiring Hodgson. Who is now at Arkansas State.


You know what would be hilarious? If they can't find anyone and they are forced to return to Whitesell


Chase
OU Engineering Technology and Management '24
Honda of America Engineer

Muck Fiami
Kant read, Kant write
Bowling Green Normie School

Back to Top
  
shabamon
General User



Member Since: 11/17/2006
Location: Cincinnati
Post Count: 6,201

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: TOS to Thread.....
   Posted: 3/28/2023 9:21:31 AM 
It also appears Xavier associate head coach Adam Cohen turned them down because they couldn't agree on contract length. Calhoun at YSU turned them down due to lack of NIL infrastructure (would this be like our NIL exchange?)
Back to Top
  
OhioCatFan
General User



Member Since: 12/20/2004
Location: Athens, OH
Post Count: 14,016

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: TOS to Thread.....
   Posted: 3/28/2023 10:06:58 AM 
shabamon wrote:
It also appears Xavier associate head coach Adam Cohen turned them down because they couldn't agree on contract length. Calhoun at YSU turned them down due to lack of NIL infrastructure (would this be like our NIL exchange?)


That's interesting. You'd think of all the schools that could setup a good NIL infrastructure in the MAC that it would be Buffalo. It's our biggest TV market, our only AAU school, the best endowed school, but apparently the worst AD's office.


The only BLSS Certified Hypocrite on BA

"It is better to be an optimist and be proven a fool than to be a pessimist and be proven right."

Note: My avatar is the national colors of the 78th Ohio Veteran Volunteer Infantry, which are now preserved in a climate controlled vault at the Ohio History Connection. Learn more about the old 78th at: http://www.78ohio.org

Back to Top
  
cc-cat
General User

Member Since: 4/5/2006
Location: matthews, NC
Post Count: 3,838

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: TOS to Thread.....
   Posted: 3/29/2023 10:52:08 AM 
VCU opening
Back to Top
  
colobobcat66
General User

Member Since: 9/1/2006
Location: Watching the bobcats run outside my window., CO
Post Count: 4,191

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: TOS to Thread.....
   Posted: 3/29/2023 11:56:42 AM 
Kevin Kuwik to Army
Back to Top
  
Jeff McKinney
Moderator

Member Since: 11/12/2004
Post Count: 6,066

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: TOS to Thread.....
   Posted: 3/29/2023 1:48:50 PM 
Congratulations, Kevin!
Back to Top
  
shabamon
General User



Member Since: 11/17/2006
Location: Cincinnati
Post Count: 6,201

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: TOS to Thread.....
   Posted: 3/29/2023 1:58:32 PM 
Apparently Kennesaw State's Amir Abdir-Rahim is taking the USF job. Mike Brey backed out and will take a year off.
Back to Top
  
FJC31
General User

Member Since: 3/31/2022
Post Count: 1,292

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: TOS to Thread.....
   Posted: 3/30/2023 6:29:01 PM 
Buffalo finally landed its coach. Seems like a solid get Nova assistant. George Halcovage.

https://ubbulls.com/news/2023/3/30/mens-basketball-george...
Back to Top
  
shabamon
General User



Member Since: 11/17/2006
Location: Cincinnati
Post Count: 6,201

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: TOS to Thread.....
   Posted: 4/13/2023 9:31:38 AM 
Quinnipiac appears to be opening up. TOS may actually spring for this one.
Back to Top
  
Jeff McKinney
Moderator

Member Since: 11/12/2004
Post Count: 6,066

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: TOS to Thread.....
   Posted: 4/13/2023 12:15:53 PM 
FJC31 wrote:
Buffalo finally landed its coach. Seems like a solid get Nova assistant. George Halcovage.

https://ubbulls.com/news/2023/3/30/mens-basketball-george...


I watched the introductory presser and was impressed.

Back to Top
  
longtiimelurker
General User

Member Since: 2/2/2017
Post Count: 587

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: TOS to Thread.....
   Posted: 4/18/2023 7:31:55 AM 
OhioCatFan wrote:
shabamon wrote:
It also appears Xavier associate head coach Adam Cohen turned them down because they couldn't agree on contract length. Calhoun at YSU turned them down due to lack of NIL infrastructure (would this be like our NIL exchange?)


That's interesting. You'd think of all the schools that could setup a good NIL infrastructure in the MAC that it would be Buffalo. It's our biggest TV market, our only AAU school, the best endowed school, but apparently the worst AD's office.


Probably a stupid question. What is an AAU school? I do not think I have ever heard of an AAU school.

Back to Top
  
OhioCatFan
General User



Member Since: 12/20/2004
Location: Athens, OH
Post Count: 14,016

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: TOS to Thread.....
   Posted: 4/18/2023 10:08:37 AM 
longtiimelurker wrote:
OhioCatFan wrote:
shabamon wrote:
It also appears Xavier associate head coach Adam Cohen turned them down because they couldn't agree on contract length. Calhoun at YSU turned them down due to lack of NIL infrastructure (would this be like our NIL exchange?)


That's interesting. You'd think of all the schools that could setup a good NIL infrastructure in the MAC that it would be Buffalo. It's our biggest TV market, our only AAU school, the best endowed school, but apparently the worst AD's office.


Probably a stupid question. What is an AAU school? I do not think I have ever heard of an AAU school.



AAU=Association of American Universities. It's academically very prestigious to belong to this organization. All B1G schools are members.

https://www.aau.edu /


The only BLSS Certified Hypocrite on BA

"It is better to be an optimist and be proven a fool than to be a pessimist and be proven right."

Note: My avatar is the national colors of the 78th Ohio Veteran Volunteer Infantry, which are now preserved in a climate controlled vault at the Ohio History Connection. Learn more about the old 78th at: http://www.78ohio.org

Back to Top
  
BillyTheCat
General User

Member Since: 10/6/2012
Post Count: 9,580

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: TOS to Thread.....
   Posted: 4/19/2023 1:16:57 PM 
OhioCatFan wrote:
longtiimelurker wrote:
OhioCatFan wrote:
shabamon wrote:
It also appears Xavier associate head coach Adam Cohen turned them down because they couldn't agree on contract length. Calhoun at YSU turned them down due to lack of NIL infrastructure (would this be like our NIL exchange?)


That's interesting. You'd think of all the schools that could setup a good NIL infrastructure in the MAC that it would be Buffalo. It's our biggest TV market, our only AAU school, the best endowed school, but apparently the worst AD's office.


Probably a stupid question. What is an AAU school? I do not think I have ever heard of an AAU school.



AAU=Association of American Universities. It's academically very prestigious to belong to this organization. All B1G schools are members.

https://www.aau.edu /


Schools like Buffalo belong to this short but prestigious list!
Back to Top
  
Showing Replies:  51 - 75  of 79 Posts
Jump to Page:  < Previous    1 | 2 | 3 | 4    Next >
View Other 'Ohio Basketball' Topics
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             







Copyright ©2024 BobcatAttack.com. All rights reserved.  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Use
Partner of USA TODAY Sports Digital Properties