Welcome Guest!
Create an Account
login email:
password:
site searchwhere to watchcontact usabout usadvertise with ushelp
Message Board

BobcatAttack.com Message Board
Ohio Basketball
Topic:  RE: 2023 Transfer Portal

Topic:  RE: 2023 Transfer Portal
Author
Message
OhioCatFan
General User



Member Since: 12/20/2004
Location: Athens, OH
Post Count: 13,749

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2023 Transfer Portal
   Posted: 3/23/2023 3:09:49 PM 
100%Cat wrote:
And the first bobcat to hit the portal isÖ.Yaya Felder.


Yikes! We've had very few distaff transfers. However, I will say that I'm not totally surprised for reasons that I care not to elaborate on.


The only BLSS Certified Hypocrite on BA

"It is better to be an optimist and be proven a fool than to be a pessimist and be proven right."

Note: My avatar is the national colors of the 78th Ohio Veteran Volunteer Infantry, which are now preserved in a climate controlled vault at the Ohio History Connection. Learn more about the old 78th at: http://www.78ohio.org

Back to Top
  
GraffZ06
General User



Member Since: 1/5/2005
Location: Dayton, OH
Post Count: 1,539

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2023 Transfer Portal
   Posted: 3/23/2023 3:52:36 PM 
100%Cat wrote:
And the first bobcat to hit the portal isÖ.



Yaya Felder.


Who?
Back to Top
  
Cellis033
General User



Member Since: 11/11/2021
Location: Powell, OH
Post Count: 1,438

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2023 Transfer Portal
   Posted: 3/23/2023 4:44:51 PM 
Buffalo's Devin Caesar has committed to Old Dominion, Jaylin Hunter's old school.


Chase
OU Engineering Technology and Management '24
O-Zone President
Bringing the noise!

Muck Fiami
Kent read, Kent write, Can't be a state!
Bowling Green Normal School

Back to Top
  
FJC31
General User

Member Since: 3/31/2022
Post Count: 709

Status: Online

  Message Not Read  RE: 2023 Transfer Portal
   Posted: 3/23/2023 5:35:38 PM 
Cellis033 wrote:
Buffalo's Devin Caesar has committed to Old Dominion, Jaylin Hunter's old school.


Kind of wild how quickly guys are committing from the portal. I feel like we didnít land Gabe and Jaylin until sometime in May last year. Baker in the summer.

Last Edited: 3/23/2023 5:35:59 PM by FJC31

Back to Top
  
Bobcat Debate 73
General User



Member Since: 11/26/2007
Post Count: 201

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2023 Transfer Portal
   Posted: 3/23/2023 7:04:37 PM 
Maybe we hat a big from the team that took BVP. https://www.si.com/college/virginia/basketball/virginia-c...
Back to Top
  
ohio9704
General User

Member Since: 2/11/2006
Post Count: 1,495

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2023 Transfer Portal
   Posted: 3/23/2023 10:51:34 PM 
https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/...

In portal per verbal commits

https://twitter.com/VerbalCommits/status/1639023706813919238


Would be a great get, not a big, but offered him out of high school.
Back to Top
  
Bobcat Debate 73
General User



Member Since: 11/26/2007
Post Count: 201

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2023 Transfer Portal
   Posted: 3/23/2023 10:57:46 PM 
Come on take a big , big from the ACC, convince hm that Boals could develop, poliah his game for the international circuit. Caffaro could be any other MAC teamsís worst enemy!

Last Edited: 3/23/2023 10:58:25 PM by Bobcat Debate 73

Back to Top
  
Bobcat1998
General User

Member Since: 11/7/2012
Post Count: 2,080

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2023 Transfer Portal
   Posted: 3/24/2023 8:01:03 AM 
ohio9704 wrote:
https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/...

In portal per verbal commits

https://twitter.com/VerbalCommits/status/1639023706813919238


Would be a great get, not a big, but offered him out of high school.


Loved Des out of high school and was disappointed he went the Davidson route. I have to imagine he's hoping to become a Buckeye. He would fit right in with AJ, Jaylin, Miles and Elmore James. That would be a great guard lineup. I am worried about his field goal and 3 point percentage and his assist to turnover ratio (but that was against mildly better competition). I will take him in a minute as long as we get an athletic 4-5 guy as well.
Back to Top
  
FJC31
General User

Member Since: 3/31/2022
Post Count: 709

Status: Online

  Message Not Read  RE: 2023 Transfer Portal
   Posted: 3/24/2023 8:50:15 AM 
ohio9704 wrote:
https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/...

In portal per verbal commits

https://twitter.com/VerbalCommits/status/1639023706813919238


Would be a great get, not a big, but offered him out of high school.


If there was more of a direct path to playing time for him and if we didnít need bigs; I could see a fit. Or, if another schollie opened up. However, the two we have really need to go towards size.
Back to Top
  
shabamon
General User



Member Since: 11/17/2006
Location: Cincinnati
Post Count: 5,635

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2023 Transfer Portal
   Posted: 3/24/2023 8:58:55 AM 
FJC31 wrote:
ohio9704 wrote:
https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/...

In portal per verbal commits

https://twitter.com/VerbalCommits/status/1639023706813919238


Would be a great get, not a big, but offered him out of high school.


If there was more of a direct path to playing time for him and if we didnít need bigs; I could see a fit. Or, if another schollie opened up. However, the two we have really need to go towards size.


I'm not all that enamored with Watson. If you want to upgrade the Ben Roderick role and play small ball with three other guards and a center, maybe. But I'd prefer someone who's a more efficient scorer out of an upperclassman wing.

Caffaro would be a great get. I wonder if BVP would do some covert recruiting.
Back to Top
  
FJC31
General User

Member Since: 3/31/2022
Post Count: 709

Status: Online

  Message Not Read  RE: 2023 Transfer Portal
   Posted: 3/24/2023 9:27:46 AM 
shabamon wrote:
FJC31 wrote:
ohio9704 wrote:
https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/...

In portal per verbal commits

https://twitter.com/VerbalCommits/status/1639023706813919238


Would be a great get, not a big, but offered him out of high school.


If there was more of a direct path to playing time for him and if we didnít need bigs; I could see a fit. Or, if another schollie opened up. However, the two we have really need to go towards size.


I'm not all that enamored with Watson. If you want to upgrade the Ben Roderick role and play small ball with three other guards and a center, maybe. But I'd prefer someone who's a more efficient scorer out of an upperclassman wing.

Caffaro would be a great get. I wonder if BVP would do some covert recruiting.


Oh Iím not either. Iím all for a big and one of these 6í7 guys weíre in on.

Last Edited: 3/24/2023 1:09:39 PM by FJC31

Back to Top
  
BillyTheCat
General User

Member Since: 10/6/2012
Post Count: 8,941

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2023 Transfer Portal
   Posted: 3/24/2023 10:16:08 AM 
Bobcat Debate 73 wrote:
Come on take a big , big from the ACC, convince hm that Boals could develop, poliah his game for the international circuit. Caffaro could be any other MAC teamsís worst enemy!


We just took a big from the ACC last year.
Back to Top
  
Bobcat1998
General User

Member Since: 11/7/2012
Post Count: 2,080

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2023 Transfer Portal
   Posted: 3/24/2023 11:01:19 AM 
BillyTheCat wrote:
Bobcat Debate 73 wrote:
Come on take a big , big from the ACC, convince hm that Boals could develop, poliah his game for the international circuit. Caffaro could be any other MAC teamsís worst enemy!


We just took a big from the ACC last year.


And I believe Caffaro's stats are eerily similar to those of Whiz's. We don't need 2 post players who averaged 2 ppg and 2 rpg in the ACC on this roster. I would take a 6-6 guy who averaged 15 ppg and 7 rpg for Stephen F. Austin first :)
Back to Top
  
shabamon
General User



Member Since: 11/17/2006
Location: Cincinnati
Post Count: 5,635

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2023 Transfer Portal
   Posted: 3/24/2023 11:34:07 AM 
Here's an interesting one. Logan Duncomb. 6'10 235 transferring from IU. From Cincinnati (Moeller). High school stats: http://gcls.gclsports.com/bkPlayerStats.aspx?player=585695
Back to Top
  
greencat
General User



Member Since: 3/12/2005
Post Count: 1,611

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2023 Transfer Portal
   Posted: 3/24/2023 1:15:13 PM 
shabamon wrote:
Here's an interesting one. Logan Duncomb. 6'10 235 transferring from IU. From Cincinnati (Moeller). High school stats: http://gcls.gclsports.com/bkPlayerStats.aspx?player=585695


28% from the FT line at Indiana? 1.7ppg?

A mid-major like FAU didn't beat UT last night with players like that.

Back to Top
  
FJC31
General User

Member Since: 3/31/2022
Post Count: 709

Status: Online

  Message Not Read  RE: 2023 Transfer Portal
   Posted: 3/24/2023 1:19:03 PM 
Bobcat1998 wrote:
BillyTheCat wrote:
Bobcat Debate 73 wrote:
Come on take a big , big from the ACC, convince hm that Boals could develop, poliah his game for the international circuit. Caffaro could be any other MAC teamsís worst enemy!


We just took a big from the ACC last year.


And I believe Caffaro's stats are eerily similar to those of Whiz's. We don't need 2 post players who averaged 2 ppg and 2 rpg in the ACC on this roster. I would take a 6-6 guy who averaged 15 ppg and 7 rpg for Stephen F. Austin first :)


+1. I had Caffaro mistaken for someone else. Some of these 6í11/7 guys with little to no pt are probably too risky for us to gamble on, given the gaping hole we have in the paint.

Never know if it means anything or not; but of the players weíve been linked to ó Mostafa from Coastal at least follows Boals back now and is also now followed by Lamar. Same with Khalid Gates.

Sam Alajiki of Cal is also a new portal name Boals now follows and who follows back.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/...

Last Edited: 3/24/2023 1:29:29 PM by FJC31

Back to Top
  
Cellis033
General User



Member Since: 11/11/2021
Location: Powell, OH
Post Count: 1,438

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2023 Transfer Portal
   Posted: 3/24/2023 1:32:29 PM 
First EMU player has entered the portal - Luka Savicevic.


Chase
OU Engineering Technology and Management '24
O-Zone President
Bringing the noise!

Muck Fiami
Kent read, Kent write, Can't be a state!
Bowling Green Normal School

Back to Top
  
FearLeon
General User



Member Since: 3/12/2005
Post Count: 3,521

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2023 Transfer Portal
   Posted: 3/24/2023 3:44:08 PM 
Cellis033 wrote:
First EMU player has entered the portal - Luka Savicevic.


And with that...Ohio is the only MAC school without a player in the portal. Quite surprising up to this point. Thought for sure Adelodun would be in there by now.


#BleedGreen #TrentIsGOAT

Back to Top
  
Bobcat1998
General User

Member Since: 11/7/2012
Post Count: 2,080

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2023 Transfer Portal
   Posted: 3/24/2023 3:54:22 PM 
FearLeon wrote:
Cellis033 wrote:
First EMU player has entered the portal - Luka Savicevic.


And with that...Ohio is the only MAC school without a player in the portal. Quite surprising up to this point. Thought for sure Adelodun would be in there by now.


It is so strange to me but a pleasant surprise. I had thought that Adelodun and possibly even Hadaway would look into the portal. I only say Hadaway because he seemingly is behind Clayton and possibly a portal guy of our own. Adelodun has been the biggest mystery to me the last 2 years. He does not seem to make mistakes when he is in the game, is a good teammate, jumps high, runs fast, can shoot from the outside--just a mystery how he can't find playing time. Maybe he just really likes this school and this program.
Back to Top
  
Jerry86
General User

Member Since: 12/18/2010
Post Count: 631

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2023 Transfer Portal
   Posted: 3/24/2023 10:22:51 PM 
Bobcat1998 wrote:
FearLeon wrote:
Cellis033 wrote:
First EMU player has entered the portal - Luka Savicevic.


And with that...Ohio is the only MAC school without a player in the portal. Quite surprising up to this point. Thought for sure Adelodun would be in there by now.


It is so strange to me but a pleasant surprise. I had thought that Adelodun and possibly even Hadaway would look into the portal. I only say Hadaway because he seemingly is behind Clayton and possibly a portal guy of our own. Adelodun has been the biggest mystery to me the last 2 years. He does not seem to make mistakes when he is in the game, is a good teammate, jumps high, runs fast, can shoot from the outside--just a mystery how he can't find playing time. Maybe he just really likes this school and this program.


I like his energy. But ... he can't shoot from the outside and elsewhere is not good. 25 percent on FG's overall, 23 percent on 3's and just 33 percent on FT's. Offensive improvement and he should see the court a lot more next year.
Back to Top
  
greencat
General User



Member Since: 3/12/2005
Post Count: 1,611

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2023 Transfer Portal
   Posted: 3/25/2023 2:52:47 PM 
Malik Dia hit the portal today. Big power forward who can also hit threes. Played spot minutes behind veteran forward Jordan Wright. 6-9/240

Picked Vandy out of h.s. over Creighton, Marquette, > > OHIO < <, St. Johns, TCU, etc

This would be a get of major proportions. He should be top priority. Top game was 14 points in 21 minutes against Kentucky.

Back to Top
  
GraffZ06
General User



Member Since: 1/5/2005
Location: Dayton, OH
Post Count: 1,539

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2023 Transfer Portal
   Posted: 3/25/2023 4:00:27 PM 
greencat wrote:
Malik Dia hit the portal today. Big power forward who can also hit threes. Played spot minutes behind veteran forward Jordan Wright. 6-9/240

Picked Vandy out of h.s. over Creighton, Marquette, > > OHIO < <, St. Johns, TCU, etc

This would be a get of major proportions. He should be top priority. Top game was 14 points in 21 minutes against Kentucky.



It isn't real until Boals follows him on his beeper.
Back to Top
  
brucecuth
General User

Member Since: 12/21/2004
Post Count: 1,780

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2023 Transfer Portal
   Posted: 3/26/2023 4:03:55 PM 
Bobcat1998 wrote:
ohio9704 wrote:
https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/...

In portal per verbal commits

https://twitter.com/VerbalCommits/status/1639023706813919238


Would be a great get, not a big, but offered him out of high school.


Loved Des out of high school and was disappointed he went the Davidson route. I have to imagine he's hoping to become a Buckeye. He would fit right in with AJ, Jaylin, Miles and Elmore James. That would be a great guard lineup. I am worried about his field goal and 3 point percentage and his assist to turnover ratio (but that was against mildly better competition). I will take him in a minute as long as we get an athletic 4-5 guy as well.


loved him out of h.s. too, but he has not played that well at Davidson. Poor three point shooter who averaged more turnovers than assists. I'm thinking he was faced with reduced playing time next year.
Back to Top
  
GoCats105
General User

Member Since: 1/31/2006
Location: Seattle, WA
Post Count: 6,642

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2023 Transfer Portal
   Posted: 3/27/2023 10:53:56 AM 
Ball State's Luke Bumbalough is headed to Niagara.

Central Michigan got their first incoming transfer, 6'3" PG Anthony Pritchard from Tulsa. Averaged 9 ppg and 4 apg last season.
Back to Top
  
FJC31
General User

Member Since: 3/31/2022
Post Count: 709

Status: Online

  Message Not Read  RE: 2023 Transfer Portal
   Posted: 3/27/2023 11:36:17 AM 
FJC31 wrote:
New name ó Myles Foster of Monmouth. From Brooklyn; wonder if Boals tried to recruit him at Stony Brook.

https://twitter.com/theportalreport/status/16385234079972...


He now follows most our staff ó even Mike Cifliku, our Video Coordinator. Might be worth monitoring.
Back to Top
  
Showing Replies:  226 - 250  of 1253 Posts
Jump to Page:  < Previous    1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51    Next >
View Other 'Ohio Basketball' Topics
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             







Copyright ©2023 BobcatAttack.com. All rights reserved.  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Use
Partner of USA TODAY Sports Digital Properties