Welcome Guest!
Create an Account
login email:
password:
site searchwhere to watchcontact usabout usadvertise with ushelp
Message Board

BobcatAttack.com Message Board
Ohio Basketball
Topic:  RE: 2023 Transfer Portal

Topic:  RE: 2023 Transfer Portal
Author
Message
greencat
General User



Member Since: 3/12/2005
Post Count: 1,872

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2023 Transfer Portal
   Posted: 3/19/2023 1:07:13 PM 
Anybody able to get a read on what is happening with Hutchins-Everett?

His social media must be top-secret. I can't get any rumors on him.

I really think he should be Boals target #1
Back to Top
  
FormerMember
General User

Member Since: 1/7/2022
Post Count: 119

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2023 Transfer Portal
   Posted: 3/19/2023 4:51:34 PM 
CMU transfer Kevin Miller to Wake Forest per Jeff Goodman
Back to Top
  
shabamon
General User



Member Since: 11/17/2006
Location: Cincinnati
Post Count: 5,927

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2023 Transfer Portal
   Posted: 3/19/2023 5:11:49 PM 
That Rhode Island guy looks more scorer than distributor. Can't fault ever going after scorers,
Back to Top
  
FJC31
General User

Member Since: 3/31/2022
Post Count: 996

Status: Online

  Message Not Read  RE: 2023 Transfer Portal
   Posted: 3/19/2023 8:35:21 PM 
shabamon wrote:
That Rhode Island guy looks more scorer than distributor. Can't fault ever going after scorers,


Stats say that. Wasn’t sure since guy who tweeted it referred to him as PG. His page says CG.
Back to Top
  
giacomo
General User

Member Since: 11/20/2007
Post Count: 2,601

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2023 Transfer Portal
   Posted: 3/20/2023 7:40:07 AM 
I just read that TCU player Eddie Lampkin entered the portal before the Big 12 tournament. Maybe if they had him they beat Gonzaga last night. How sick is that? Why wouldn’t he at least wait until the season is over?
Back to Top
  
longtiimelurker
General User

Member Since: 2/2/2017
Post Count: 585

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2023 Transfer Portal
   Posted: 3/20/2023 8:39:51 AM 
giacomo wrote:
I just read that TCU player Eddie Lampkin entered the portal before the Big 12 tournament. Maybe if they had him they beat Gonzaga last night. How sick is that? Why wouldn’t he at least wait until the season is over?


Has not played 6 of the last 7 games. I am sure his presence on the bench would have made all the difference in the world. Easily be a 4-point difference had he been there.
Back to Top
  
FJC31
General User

Member Since: 3/31/2022
Post Count: 996

Status: Online

  Message Not Read  RE: 2023 Transfer Portal
   Posted: 3/20/2023 9:14:16 AM 
New player Boals is following — Keyshawn Hall of UNLV. From Cleveland, had P5 and MAC offers out of HS.

https://247sports.com/player/keyshawn-hall-46125439 /
Back to Top
  
shabamon
General User



Member Since: 11/17/2006
Location: Cincinnati
Post Count: 5,927

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2023 Transfer Portal
   Posted: 3/20/2023 9:36:22 AM 
FJC31 wrote:
New player Boals is following — Keyshawn Hall of UNLV. From Cleveland, had P5 and MAC offers out of HS.

https://247sports.com/player/keyshawn-hall-46125439 /


High School: Cleveland Heights (OH); The Skills Factory (GA); Denver Prep (CO)

I wouldn't know how to find the data, but I'd be very interested to see how often players with this kind of movement in high school transfer at least once in college compared to guys who stuck with one high school.
Back to Top
  
giacomo
General User

Member Since: 11/20/2007
Post Count: 2,601

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2023 Transfer Portal
   Posted: 3/20/2023 11:12:44 AM 
longtiimelurker wrote:
giacomo wrote:
I just read that TCU player Eddie Lampkin entered the portal before the Big 12 tournament. Maybe if they had him they beat Gonzaga last night. How sick is that? Why wouldn’t he at least wait until the season is over?


Has not played 6 of the last 7 games. I am sure his presence on the bench would have made all the difference in the world. Easily be a 4-point difference had he been there.


Who knows? My curiosity is more about leaving before the season is over. I guess we'll see more of that.
Back to Top
  
shabamon
General User



Member Since: 11/17/2006
Location: Cincinnati
Post Count: 5,927

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2023 Transfer Portal
   Posted: 3/20/2023 11:27:43 AM 
giacomo wrote:
longtiimelurker wrote:
giacomo wrote:
I just read that TCU player Eddie Lampkin entered the portal before the Big 12 tournament. Maybe if they had him they beat Gonzaga last night. How sick is that? Why wouldn’t he at least wait until the season is over?


Has not played 6 of the last 7 games. I am sure his presence on the bench would have made all the difference in the world. Easily be a 4-point difference had he been there.


Who knows? My curiosity is more about leaving before the season is over. I guess we'll see more of that.


It's the Tyquane Goard effect.
Back to Top
  
100%Cat
General User



Member Since: 1/17/2013
Post Count: 2,443

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2023 Transfer Portal
   Posted: 3/20/2023 12:04:23 PM 
I feel like we've had a void in consistent outside shooting since Jordan Dartis graduated. I'm not saying we need a Dartis/Kellogg, because those guys don't come around all the time (all-time great shooters for a program), but at least someone who stretches the defense and teams have a level of fear when he's on the perimeter. We all would have loved for Roderick to be that dude, and it just didn't work out the last two years. I know everyone wants a big (which we need) and athletic wings, but I really wish we could get a guy in Athens that is a pure shooter that we can count on to knock down perimeter shots. There were times this past season I thought Miles Brown could be that guy, but he's proven to be fairly inconsistent.
Back to Top
  
GoCats105
General User

Member Since: 1/31/2006
Location: Seattle, WA
Post Count: 6,825

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2023 Transfer Portal
   Posted: 3/20/2023 12:36:03 PM 
100%Cat wrote:
I feel like we've had a void in consistent outside shooting since Jordan Dartis graduated. I'm not saying we need a Dartis/Kellogg, because those guys don't come around all the time (all-time great shooters for a program), but at least someone who stretches the defense and teams have a level of fear when he's on the perimeter. We all would have loved for Roderick to be that dude, and it just didn't work out the last two years. I know everyone wants a big (which we need) and athletic wings, but I really wish we could get a guy in Athens that is a pure shooter that we can count on to knock down perimeter shots. There were times this past season I thought Miles Brown could be that guy, but he's proven to be fairly inconsistent.


FWIW, Miles was 3rd in the MAC in the three point percentage this year at .447.

We were spoiled for so long and never had a break really between Tommy Freeman, Nick Kellogg and Jordan Dartis that we almost forgot what it's like not to have an all-timer from deep on your roster. BRod perhaps could have been that guy, but it's not often teams have a run of the three we had in what, a decade? That was incredible shooting by those three.
Back to Top
  
100%Cat
General User



Member Since: 1/17/2013
Post Count: 2,443

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2023 Transfer Portal
   Posted: 3/20/2023 1:11:07 PM 
GoCats105 wrote:
100%Cat wrote:
I feel like we've had a void in consistent outside shooting since Jordan Dartis graduated. I'm not saying we need a Dartis/Kellogg, because those guys don't come around all the time (all-time great shooters for a program), but at least someone who stretches the defense and teams have a level of fear when he's on the perimeter. We all would have loved for Roderick to be that dude, and it just didn't work out the last two years. I know everyone wants a big (which we need) and athletic wings, but I really wish we could get a guy in Athens that is a pure shooter that we can count on to knock down perimeter shots. There were times this past season I thought Miles Brown could be that guy, but he's proven to be fairly inconsistent.


FWIW, Miles was 3rd in the MAC in the three point percentage this year at .447.

We were spoiled for so long and never had a break really between Tommy Freeman, Nick Kellogg and Jordan Dartis that we almost forgot what it's like not to have an all-timer from deep on your roster. BRod perhaps could have been that guy, but it's not often teams have a run of the three we had in what, a decade? That was incredible shooting by those three.


I know he shot a solid percentage...but when you dive a little deeper there were 6 MAC games in which Miles made 0 shots from 3, and an additional 6 in which he made just 1 shot from 3. So there's 12 of the 20 total MAC games (counting the tourney) in which he was a non-factor from the perimeter.

And yes, we were very spoiled going from Freeman to Kellogg to Dartis. And don't forget DJ Cooper.

Last Edited: 3/20/2023 1:12:47 PM by 100%Cat

Back to Top
  
M.D.W.S.T
General User



Member Since: 12/23/2021
Post Count: 1,612

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2023 Transfer Portal
   Posted: 3/20/2023 2:38:58 PM 
Apologies if this has been brought up - BUT Sean Moore from FDU... really impressive this tournament.

You wanna talk about a WORKER. 6'4", zero stars out of Columbus, goes D2, ends up at FDU - 7 points 4.6 rebounds. Plays tough while guarding 7'4" Zach Edey. Tough defender (was DPoW a couple times), likes to get in there and get some boards.

Think he would bring a toughness and a defensive mindset to the back-court that is pretty much all flash. He can also shift into the 2/3/4 spot B-Rod occupies, maybe help with some of the rebounding we're gonna miss with DW3 gone.

Has a 3.0 so we know he can get in.

Last Edited: 3/20/2023 2:39:54 PM by M.D.W.S.T

Back to Top
  
BillyTheCat
General User

Member Since: 10/6/2012
Post Count: 9,366

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2023 Transfer Portal
   Posted: 3/20/2023 3:17:44 PM 
M.D.W.S.T wrote:
Apologies if this has been brought up - BUT Sean Moore from FDU... really impressive this tournament.

You wanna talk about a WORKER. 6'4", zero stars out of Columbus, goes D2, ends up at FDU - 7 points 4.6 rebounds. Plays tough while guarding 7'4" Zach Edey. Tough defender (was DPoW a couple times), likes to get in there and get some boards.

Think he would bring a toughness and a defensive mindset to the back-court that is pretty much all flash. He can also shift into the 2/3/4 spot B-Rod occupies, maybe help with some of the rebounding we're gonna miss with DW3 gone.

Has a 3.0 so we know he can get in.


except he already has his 1 free transfer, and he's playing for the guy who gave him a shot in DII ball.
Back to Top
  
FJC31
General User

Member Since: 3/31/2022
Post Count: 996

Status: Online

  Message Not Read  RE: 2023 Transfer Portal
   Posted: 3/20/2023 3:20:51 PM 
Add Ziggy Reid of Merrimack to the list.

https://twitter.com/theportalreport/status/16378899999357...
Back to Top
  
FJC31
General User

Member Since: 3/31/2022
Post Count: 996

Status: Online

  Message Not Read  RE: 2023 Transfer Portal
   Posted: 3/20/2023 3:25:37 PM 
BillyTheCat wrote:
M.D.W.S.T wrote:
Apologies if this has been brought up - BUT Sean Moore from FDU... really impressive this tournament.

You wanna talk about a WORKER. 6'4", zero stars out of Columbus, goes D2, ends up at FDU - 7 points 4.6 rebounds. Plays tough while guarding 7'4" Zach Edey. Tough defender (was DPoW a couple times), likes to get in there and get some boards.

Think he would bring a toughness and a defensive mindset to the back-court that is pretty much all flash. He can also shift into the 2/3/4 spot B-Rod occupies, maybe help with some of the rebounding we're gonna miss with DW3 gone.

Has a 3.0 so we know he can get in.


except he already has his 1 free transfer, and he's playing for the guy who gave him a shot in DII ball.


FWIW, Lamar started following the kid on social. Could just be because of his recent success. Looking at both Boals and Lamar’s activity; Boals seems to be targeting the bigs and Lamar seems to be targeting the wings based on who they’ve each been recently following.

Last Edited: 3/20/2023 3:26:05 PM by FJC31

Back to Top
  
Cellis033
General User



Member Since: 11/11/2021
Location: Powell, OH
Post Count: 1,542

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2023 Transfer Portal
   Posted: 3/20/2023 4:20:13 PM 
Akron's Garvin Clarke in portal.


Chase
OU Engineering Technology and Management '24
Bringing the noise!

Muck Fiami
Kent read, Kent write, Not a state!
Bowling Green Normal School

Back to Top
  
FJC31
General User

Member Since: 3/31/2022
Post Count: 996

Status: Online

  Message Not Read  RE: 2023 Transfer Portal
   Posted: 3/20/2023 5:15:03 PM 
FJC31 wrote:
Add Ziggy Reid of Merrimack to the list.

https://twitter.com/theportalreport/status/16378899999357...


And his teammate Jordan Minor

https://twitter.com/theportalreport/status/16379200831408...
Back to Top
  
GoCats105
General User

Member Since: 1/31/2006
Location: Seattle, WA
Post Count: 6,825

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2023 Transfer Portal
   Posted: 3/20/2023 7:21:52 PM 
Worth mentioning but St. Francis College in Brooklyn, one of the smallest in D-1 basketball, is cutting their entire athletics program.
Back to Top
  
MonroeClassmate
General User

Member Since: 8/31/2010
Post Count: 1,973

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2023 Transfer Portal
   Posted: 3/20/2023 7:33:19 PM 
GoCats105 wrote:
100%Cat wrote:
I feel like we've had a void in consistent outside shooting since Jordan Dartis graduated. I'm not saying we need a Dartis/Kellogg, because those guys don't come around all the time (all-time great shooters for a program), but at least someone who stretches the defense and teams have a level of fear when he's on the perimeter. We all would have loved for Roderick to be that dude, and it just didn't work out the last two years. I know everyone wants a big (which we need) and athletic wings, but I really wish we could get a guy in Athens that is a pure shooter that we can count on to knock down perimeter shots. There were times this past season I thought Miles Brown could be that guy, but he's proven to be fairly inconsistent.


FWIW, Miles was 3rd in the MAC in the three point percentage this year at .447.

We were spoiled for so long and never had a break really between Tommy Freeman, Nick Kellogg and Jordan Dartis that we almost forgot what it's like not to have an all-timer from deep on your roster. BRod perhaps could have been that guy, but it's not often teams have a run of the three we had in what, a decade? That was incredible shooting by those three.


I'd imagine Toledo was fearing Jalin Hunter late in the game the way he was flipping them in from downtown.


Back to Top
  
FJC31
General User

Member Since: 3/31/2022
Post Count: 996

Status: Online

  Message Not Read  RE: 2023 Transfer Portal
   Posted: 3/20/2023 7:49:20 PM 
Add Central Arkansas’ Cameron Hunter

https://twitter.com/247hshoops/status/1637820219421863936...
Back to Top
  
M.D.W.S.T
General User



Member Since: 12/23/2021
Post Count: 1,612

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2023 Transfer Portal
   Posted: 3/20/2023 7:50:53 PM 
FJC31 wrote:
BillyTheCat wrote:
M.D.W.S.T wrote:
Apologies if this has been brought up - BUT Sean Moore from FDU... really impressive this tournament.

You wanna talk about a WORKER. 6'4", zero stars out of Columbus, goes D2, ends up at FDU - 7 points 4.6 rebounds. Plays tough while guarding 7'4" Zach Edey. Tough defender (was DPoW a couple times), likes to get in there and get some boards.

Think he would bring a toughness and a defensive mindset to the back-court that is pretty much all flash. He can also shift into the 2/3/4 spot B-Rod occupies, maybe help with some of the rebounding we're gonna miss with DW3 gone.

Has a 3.0 so we know he can get in.


except he already has his 1 free transfer, and he's playing for the guy who gave him a shot in DII ball.


FWIW, Lamar started following the kid on social. Could just be because of his recent success. Looking at both Boals and Lamar’s activity; Boals seems to be targeting the bigs and Lamar seems to be targeting the wings based on who they’ve each been recently following.


Great minds think a like. BTC =\= a great mind.
Back to Top
  
RufusCat09
General User

Member Since: 12/14/2019
Post Count: 618

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2023 Transfer Portal
   Posted: 3/20/2023 7:59:06 PM 
Just patiently waiting for the first Bobcat to enter the portal...
Back to Top
  
Cellis033
General User



Member Since: 11/11/2021
Location: Powell, OH
Post Count: 1,542

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2023 Transfer Portal
   Posted: 3/20/2023 8:25:44 PM 
RufusCat09 wrote:
Just patiently waiting for the first Bobcat to enter the portal...


Knock on wood, but is this an encouraging sign so far we’ve had no one so far? I understand Boals is probably “re-recruiting” and seeing where guys are this week on entering portal.


Chase
OU Engineering Technology and Management '24
Bringing the noise!

Muck Fiami
Kent read, Kent write, Not a state!
Bowling Green Normal School

Back to Top
  
Showing Replies:  151 - 175  of 1271 Posts
Jump to Page:  < Previous    1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51    Next >
View Other 'Ohio Basketball' Topics
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             







Copyright ©2024 BobcatAttack.com. All rights reserved.  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Use
Partner of USA TODAY Sports Digital Properties