Welcome Guest!
Create an Account
login email:
password:
site searchwhere to watchcontact usabout usadvertise with ushelp
Message Board

BobcatAttack.com Message Board
Ohio Basketball
Topic:  RE: Portal starts up again March 18th

Topic:  RE: Portal starts up again March 18th
Author
Message
GoCats105
General User

Member Since: 1/31/2006
Location: Seattle, WA
Post Count: 6,971

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Portal starts up again March 18th
   Posted: 4/17/2024 10:38:48 AM 
Jeff Goodman reporting that players could be waiting on their final checks from their current NIL deals, which is delaying the portal process and dominoes from falling.
Back to Top
  
greencat
General User



Member Since: 3/12/2005
Post Count: 2,134

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Portal starts up again March 18th
   Posted: 4/17/2024 10:44:42 AM 
6-5 G/F Brandon Newman from WKU is in the portal.

10/5/2 last season.
Back to Top
  
greencat
General User



Member Since: 3/12/2005
Post Count: 2,134

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Portal starts up again March 18th
   Posted: 4/17/2024 10:50:37 AM 
GoCats105 wrote:
Jeff Goodman reporting that players could be waiting on their final checks from their current NIL deals, which is delaying the portal process and dominoes from falling.


Between that and the end days of the covid exception, watch for an avalanche of guys jumping in the portal. Boals could come out of this smelling like a rose.

Plus, Nicol who is a skilled wing coming off a redshirt year to get stronger is like getting another new guy who can contribute right now.

I'm very optimistic on how the roster will look next season.
Back to Top
  
FJC31
General User

Member Since: 3/31/2022
Post Count: 1,313

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Portal starts up again March 18th
   Posted: 4/17/2024 11:29:38 AM 
Boals just posted this across social. Gotta figure Gray is committing today.

https://x.com/jeffboals/status/1780617226862612727?s=46&t...
Back to Top
  
Cats5
General User

Member Since: 6/14/2017
Post Count: 955

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Portal starts up again March 18th
   Posted: 4/17/2024 11:42:49 AM 
FJC31 wrote:
Boals just posted this across social. Gotta figure Gray is committing today.

https://x.com/jeffboals/status/1780617226862612727?s=46&t...


Most likely Gray but Iíd like to get Tom House in Athens too
Back to Top
  
shabamon
General User



Member Since: 11/17/2006
Location: Cincinnati
Post Count: 6,228

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Portal starts up again March 18th
   Posted: 4/17/2024 12:52:16 PM 
Matt Alloco to Notre Dame
Victor Lakhin to Clemson
Back to Top
  
greencat
General User



Member Since: 3/12/2005
Post Count: 2,134

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Portal starts up again March 18th
   Posted: 4/17/2024 1:00:11 PM 
Not portal

Incoming freshman Jamie Vinson (Oak Hill) 6-10 center has decommitted from Vandy

https://247sports.com/recruitment/jamie-vinson-149615/rec... /
Back to Top
  
DJCooperBurnerAccount
General User

Member Since: 2/4/2019
Post Count: 142

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Portal starts up again March 18th
   Posted: 4/17/2024 1:25:27 PM 
Jackson Paveletzke just committed

https://twitter.com/jacksonpavvv/status/1780647578809311675
Back to Top
  
FJC31
General User

Member Since: 3/31/2022
Post Count: 1,313

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Portal starts up again March 18th
   Posted: 4/17/2024 1:26:25 PM 
DJCooperBurnerAccount wrote:
Jackson Paveletzke just committed

https://twitter.com/jacksonpavvv/status/1780647578809311675


Wow. For sure thought Gray was the news.

Last Edited: 4/17/2024 1:26:52 PM by FJC31

Back to Top
  
GoCats105
General User

Member Since: 1/31/2006
Location: Seattle, WA
Post Count: 6,971

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Portal starts up again March 18th
   Posted: 4/17/2024 1:26:50 PM 
Looks like a true PG. Averaged 15 ppg and had a 2/1 assist/turnover ratio at Wofford. Only saw about 10 min per game at ISU.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/jackson-pave...

He was the SoCon Freshman of the Year in 2022-2023.

Last Edited: 4/17/2024 1:28:27 PM by GoCats105

Back to Top
  
shabamon
General User



Member Since: 11/17/2006
Location: Cincinnati
Post Count: 6,228

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Portal starts up again March 18th
   Posted: 4/17/2024 1:30:07 PM 
Starting point guard? Freshman numbers at Wofford suggest so. Extremely productive at Wofford.
Back to Top
  
greencat
General User



Member Since: 3/12/2005
Post Count: 2,134

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Portal starts up again March 18th
   Posted: 4/17/2024 1:31:40 PM 
Shoots 40% from three.
Back to Top
  
FJC31
General User

Member Since: 3/31/2022
Post Count: 1,313

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Portal starts up again March 18th
   Posted: 4/17/2024 1:34:20 PM 
Does this change things with Gray? While bigger and plays like an EJ4 with more bounce, he's also G/brought the ball up for Cornell.

For sure seemed like whole team following him and vice versa meant he was the announcement today.

Last Edited: 4/17/2024 1:34:50 PM by FJC31

Back to Top
  
GoCats105
General User

Member Since: 1/31/2006
Location: Seattle, WA
Post Count: 6,971

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Portal starts up again March 18th
   Posted: 4/17/2024 1:37:23 PM 
FJC31 wrote:
Does this change things with Gray? While bigger and plays like an EJ4 with more bounce, he's also G/brought the ball up for Cornell.

For sure seemed like whole team following him and vice versa meant he was the announcement today.


Could open him up for more off-ball stuff. We'll see who else we can get, but this is a great addition so far.
Back to Top
  
shabamon
General User



Member Since: 11/17/2006
Location: Cincinnati
Post Count: 6,228

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Portal starts up again March 18th
   Posted: 4/17/2024 1:38:58 PM 
SoCon freshman of the year in 2023.
Back to Top
  
GoCats105
General User

Member Since: 1/31/2006
Location: Seattle, WA
Post Count: 6,971

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Portal starts up again March 18th
   Posted: 4/17/2024 1:43:11 PM 
Really strange, Paveletzke was averaging close to 15/20 min per game at ISU in the non-conference, then as soon as the calendar turned he saw over 10 minutes just four times the rest of the way. Sat behind Tamin Lipsey, probably one of ISU's best players.

https://iowastatedaily.com/291400/sports/defying-all-odds... /
Back to Top
  
GoCats105
General User

Member Since: 1/31/2006
Location: Seattle, WA
Post Count: 6,971

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Portal starts up again March 18th
   Posted: 4/17/2024 1:45:02 PM 
Wofford highlights:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y16gRhtVx7g
Back to Top
  
greencat
General User



Member Since: 3/12/2005
Post Count: 2,134

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Portal starts up again March 18th
   Posted: 4/17/2024 1:47:49 PM 
Morehead State grad transfer Drew Thelwell has committed to Iowa.
Back to Top
  
FJC31
General User

Member Since: 3/31/2022
Post Count: 1,313

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Portal starts up again March 18th
   Posted: 4/17/2024 1:49:18 PM 
GoCats105 wrote:
FJC31 wrote:
Does this change things with Gray? While bigger and plays like an EJ4 with more bounce, he's also G/brought the ball up for Cornell.

For sure seemed like whole team following him and vice versa meant he was the announcement today.


Could open him up for more off-ball stuff. We'll see who else we can get, but this is a great addition so far.


I like the addition. I spent my lunch watching Gray highlights and love how he plays above the rim. If we land him as well, we REALLY need that last schollie to be size.
Back to Top
  
Bobcat Love's Sense of Shame
General User

Member Since: 7/30/2010
Post Count: 3,361

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Portal starts up again March 18th
   Posted: 4/17/2024 2:19:41 PM 
Really like the Jackson Peveletzke addition.

Seems like he's a great player at our level, and a so-so one at Iowa State's. From his numbers, it seems like the three point shooting translated but the efficiency as a pick and roll ball handler didn't.

His numbers at Woffard as a freshman were very, very good. Seems like a very high upside pick up for us.
Back to Top
  
Bobcat1998
General User

Member Since: 11/7/2012
Post Count: 2,253

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Portal starts up again March 18th
   Posted: 4/17/2024 2:29:16 PM 
Bobcat Love's Sense of Shame wrote:
Really like the Jackson Peveletzke addition.

Seems like he's a great player at our level, and a so-so one at Iowa State's. From his numbers, it seems like the three point shooting translated but the efficiency as a pick and roll ball handler didn't.

His numbers at Woffard as a freshman were very, very good. Seems like a very high upside pick up for us.


He reminds me of a little bit bigger version of Ajay Sheldon with maybe a bit more control. I hope this doesn't deter Ajay from staying or competing. I love Ajay Sheldon and while I don't see him being a 1,000 point guy, he is definitely someone I want to finish up as a Bobcat. This kid may steal some of those minutes. Now we just need to add two more guys with at least one of them being an inside difference maker.
Back to Top
  
FJC31
General User

Member Since: 3/31/2022
Post Count: 1,313

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Portal starts up again March 18th
   Posted: 4/17/2024 2:37:14 PM 
Some national love on the pickup - https://x.com/seanpaulcbb/status/1780652773375406304?s=46...
Back to Top
  
FJC31
General User

Member Since: 3/31/2022
Post Count: 1,313

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Portal starts up again March 18th
   Posted: 4/17/2024 2:44:42 PM 
Bobcat1998 wrote:
Bobcat Love's Sense of Shame wrote:
Really like the Jackson Peveletzke addition.

Seems like he's a great player at our level, and a so-so one at Iowa State's. From his numbers, it seems like the three point shooting translated but the efficiency as a pick and roll ball handler didn't.

His numbers at Woffard as a freshman were very, very good. Seems like a very high upside pick up for us.


He reminds me of a little bit bigger version of Ajay Sheldon with maybe a bit more control. I hope this doesn't deter Ajay from staying or competing. I love Ajay Sheldon and while I don't see him being a 1,000 point guy, he is definitely someone I want to finish up as a Bobcat. This kid may steal some of those minutes. Now we just need to add two more guys with at least one of them being an inside difference maker.


I donít think it takes away anything from Sheldon. Heís way too good from 3PT range to not get minutes on a team that needs it, even with the addition of Paveletzke. Getting the two of them on the floor with Clayton is going to be fun. Plenty of shots to go around.
Back to Top
  
Bobcat1998
General User

Member Since: 11/7/2012
Post Count: 2,253

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Portal starts up again March 18th
   Posted: 4/17/2024 2:55:51 PM 
FJC31 wrote:
Bobcat1998 wrote:
Bobcat Love's Sense of Shame wrote:
Really like the Jackson Peveletzke addition.

Seems like he's a great player at our level, and a so-so one at Iowa State's. From his numbers, it seems like the three point shooting translated but the efficiency as a pick and roll ball handler didn't.

His numbers at Woffard as a freshman were very, very good. Seems like a very high upside pick up for us.


He reminds me of a little bit bigger version of Ajay Sheldon with maybe a bit more control. I hope this doesn't deter Ajay from staying or competing. I love Ajay Sheldon and while I don't see him being a 1,000 point guy, he is definitely someone I want to finish up as a Bobcat. This kid may steal some of those minutes. Now we just need to add two more guys with at least one of them being an inside difference maker.


I donít think it takes away anything from Sheldon. Heís way too good from 3PT range to not get minutes on a team that needs it, even with the addition of Paveletzke. Getting the two of them on the floor with Clayton is going to be fun. Plenty of shots to go around.


I sure hope you're right. Obviously guys can still go to the portal but with additions we have the following players I would think would be regular rotational guys and they'll need minutes:
STARTERS
Shereef Mitchell
Jackson Paveletzke
AJ Brown
AJ Clayton
Aidan Hadaway
BENCH
Elmore James
Ajay Sheldon
Vic Searls
Ayden Evans
NOT READY YET
Ben Nichol
Jesse Burris

ANNNDDD...we still have to schollies left.
Back to Top
  
GoCats105
General User

Member Since: 1/31/2006
Location: Seattle, WA
Post Count: 6,971

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Portal starts up again March 18th
   Posted: 4/17/2024 2:56:43 PM 
Bobcat Love's Sense of Shame wrote:
Really like the Jackson Peveletzke addition.

Seems like he's a great player at our level, and a so-so one at Iowa State's. From his numbers, it seems like the three point shooting translated but the efficiency as a pick and roll ball handler didn't.

His numbers at Woffard as a freshman were very, very good. Seems like a very high upside pick up for us.


From the highlights I've seen at both Wofford and ISU, he's pretty good at getting into the paint and had a nice floater. His drive and dish game might be better than his pick/roll.
Back to Top
  
Showing Replies:  401 - 425  of 748 Posts
Jump to Page:  < Previous    1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30    Next >
View Other 'Ohio Basketball' Topics
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             







Copyright ©2024 BobcatAttack.com. All rights reserved.  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Use
Partner of USA TODAY Sports Digital Properties