Welcome Guest!
Create an Account
login email:
password:
site searchwhere to watchcontact usabout usadvertise with ushelp
Message Board

BobcatAttack.com Message Board
Ohio Basketball
Topic:  RE: Portal starts up again March 18th

Topic:  RE: Portal starts up again March 18th
Author
Message
100%Cat
General User



Member Since: 1/17/2013
Post Count: 2,503

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Portal starts up again March 18th
   Posted: 4/18/2024 12:16:46 PM 
CatsUp wrote:
I think there was a 4-6 game stretch when, before his injury, Elmore was one of the top performers, if not the top performer, on the team. I’m hoping that after the added time to recover he gets his mojo back and makes the “who are the starters” (and, more importantly, who gets the minutes) discussion even more difficult for everyone.


I could be wrong, but I think I heard it said Elmore was the team's leading scorer at the time of his injury. Given how his season unfolded, post-injury, in no way do I think he was anywhere near 100% late in the year.
Back to Top
  
FJC31
General User

Member Since: 3/31/2022
Post Count: 1,321

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Portal starts up again March 18th
   Posted: 4/18/2024 12:22:09 PM 
100%Cat wrote:
CatsUp wrote:
I think there was a 4-6 game stretch when, before his injury, Elmore was one of the top performers, if not the top performer, on the team. I’m hoping that after the added time to recover he gets his mojo back and makes the “who are the starters” (and, more importantly, who gets the minutes) discussion even more difficult for everyone.


I could be wrong, but I think I heard it said Elmore was the team's leading scorer at the time of his injury. Given how his season unfolded, post-injury, in no way do I think he was anywhere near 100% late in the year.


It's also worth noting and factoring that we've never had a healthy AJB. Depth is good regardless of who starts.
Back to Top
  
FearLeon
General User



Member Since: 3/12/2005
Post Count: 4,189

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Portal starts up again March 18th
   Posted: 4/18/2024 12:25:32 PM 
FJC31 wrote:
100%Cat wrote:
CatsUp wrote:
I think there was a 4-6 game stretch when, before his injury, Elmore was one of the top performers, if not the top performer, on the team. I’m hoping that after the added time to recover he gets his mojo back and makes the “who are the starters” (and, more importantly, who gets the minutes) discussion even more difficult for everyone.


I could be wrong, but I think I heard it said Elmore was the team's leading scorer at the time of his injury. Given how his season unfolded, post-injury, in no way do I think he was anywhere near 100% late in the year.


It's also worth noting and factoring that we've never had a healthy AJB. Depth is good regardless of who starts.


Please give us one full healthy season of AJB. Please.


#BleedGreen #TrentIsGOAT

Back to Top
  
shabamon
General User



Member Since: 11/17/2006
Location: Cincinnati
Post Count: 6,237

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Portal starts up again March 18th
   Posted: 4/18/2024 12:46:38 PM 
Josh Corbin (Robert Morris, Gahanna Lincoln) to UNCW.
Back to Top
  
greencat
General User



Member Since: 3/12/2005
Post Count: 2,136

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Portal starts up again March 18th
   Posted: 4/18/2024 12:58:53 PM 
A tall 6-8 guard/wing that shot 36% from three and is (?) a redshirt soph?

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/...

Consensus four-star prospect coming out of high school; Ranked in top 75 national prospects by ESPN, Rivals and 247. Not much college stats at Colorado or JMU. Could have been injury related?

Offers of of h.s. included:

Boston College
Clemson
Florida
Marquette
Michigan
NC State
Seton Hall
Syracuse
Virginia Tech
Wake Forest

and more


Back to Top
  
M.D.W.S.T
General User



Member Since: 12/23/2021
Post Count: 1,906

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Portal starts up again March 18th
   Posted: 4/18/2024 1:18:20 PM 
100%Cat wrote:
CatsUp wrote:
I think there was a 4-6 game stretch when, before his injury, Elmore was one of the top performers, if not the top performer, on the team. I’m hoping that after the added time to recover he gets his mojo back and makes the “who are the starters” (and, more importantly, who gets the minutes) discussion even more difficult for everyone.


I could be wrong, but I think I heard it said Elmore was the team's leading scorer at the time of his injury. Given how his season unfolded, post-injury, in no way do I think he was anywhere near 100% late in the year.


Elmore after 1/6 vs before..

15 g: 32 mins - 12.7 points, 6.2 rebounds, 1.4 assists
16 g: 14 mins - 3.2 points, 1.3 rebounds, 0.43 assists

Last Edited: 4/18/2024 1:19:08 PM by M.D.W.S.T

Back to Top
  
greencat
General User



Member Since: 3/12/2005
Post Count: 2,136

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Portal starts up again March 18th
   Posted: 4/18/2024 3:34:48 PM 
Daniel Rouzan 6-9/235 center from Manhattan is in.

11/5/2 last season

Had 26 vs Niagara in a 40 minute ironman performance.
Back to Top
  
shabamon
General User



Member Since: 11/17/2006
Location: Cincinnati
Post Count: 6,237

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Portal starts up again March 18th
   Posted: 4/18/2024 3:45:13 PM 
Do we have a connection with Rouzan or any of these guys?
Back to Top
  
greencat
General User



Member Since: 3/12/2005
Post Count: 2,136

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Portal starts up again March 18th
   Posted: 4/18/2024 8:29:43 PM 
shabamon wrote:
Do we have a connection with Rouzan or any of these guys?


Boals coached at Stony Brook which is in New York.

Manhattan is in New York.

Close enough. Get him in for a visit.
Back to Top
  
GoCats105
General User

Member Since: 1/31/2006
Location: Seattle, WA
Post Count: 6,971

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Portal starts up again March 18th
   Posted: 4/19/2024 10:48:37 AM 
T.J. Power from Duke is in the portal. He's from Massachusetts, which is close to New York, where Stony Brook is. CLOSE ENOUGH.
Back to Top
  
greencat
General User



Member Since: 3/12/2005
Post Count: 2,136

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Portal starts up again March 18th
   Posted: 4/19/2024 11:38:09 AM 
GoCats105 wrote:
T.J. Power from Duke is in the portal. He's from Massachusetts, which is close to New York, where Stony Brook is. CLOSE ENOUGH.


Bring on the visit.

All conference freshman Seydou Traore now in the portal from Manhattan as well.

Position:
G/F
Height:
6-7
Weight:
215
Class:
Freshman
Hometown:
New York, N.Y.

Had 13/8 vs UConn

20/9 vs Iona

I think his average was around 11/8 or 12/9

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QieCRRYL48

Back to Top
  
Casper71
General User

Member Since: 12/1/2006
Post Count: 2,896

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Portal starts up again March 18th
   Posted: 4/19/2024 11:40:07 AM 
Hey Bobcat squared, this is one BAposter who will not be calling for Tinman rotation. Like I said earlier, give me seven or eight guys that can play at the MAC level and I’d be happy.

Last Edited: 4/19/2024 11:40:46 AM by Casper71

Back to Top
  
M.D.W.S.T
General User



Member Since: 12/23/2021
Post Count: 1,906

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Portal starts up again March 18th
   Posted: 4/19/2024 12:02:40 PM 
GoCats105 wrote:
T.J. Power from Duke is in the portal. He's from Massachusetts, which is close to New York, where Stony Brook is. CLOSE ENOUGH.


He goes by TJ which is like AJ and we have several of those. GET IT DONE.
Back to Top
  
FJC31
General User

Member Since: 3/31/2022
Post Count: 1,321

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Portal starts up again March 18th
   Posted: 4/19/2024 12:53:40 PM 
M.D.W.S.T wrote:
GoCats105 wrote:
T.J. Power from Duke is in the portal. He's from Massachusetts, which is close to New York, where Stony Brook is. CLOSE ENOUGH.


He goes by TJ which is like AJ and we have several of those. GET IT DONE.


I laughed out loud at both of these.
Back to Top
  
greencat
General User



Member Since: 3/12/2005
Post Count: 2,136

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Portal starts up again March 18th
   Posted: 4/19/2024 1:03:23 PM 
FJC31 wrote:
M.D.W.S.T wrote:
GoCats105 wrote:
T.J. Power from Duke is in the portal. He's from Massachusetts, which is close to New York, where Stony Brook is. CLOSE ENOUGH.


He goes by TJ which is like AJ and we have several of those. GET IT DONE.


I laughed out loud at both of these.


Cooper Flagg is from Maine which is close to Boston which is not that far from NY.

Can we get him to decommit from Duke? I hear he is "pretty good."
Back to Top
  
FJC31
General User

Member Since: 3/31/2022
Post Count: 1,321

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Portal starts up again March 18th
   Posted: 4/19/2024 2:07:29 PM 
greencat wrote:
GoCats105 wrote:
T.J. Power from Duke is in the portal. He's from Massachusetts, which is close to New York, where Stony Brook is. CLOSE ENOUGH.


Bring on the visit.

All conference freshman Seydou Traore now in the portal from Manhattan as well.

Position:
G/F
Height:
6-7
Weight:
215
Class:
Freshman
Hometown:
New York, N.Y.

Had 13/8 vs UConn

20/9 vs Iona

I think his average was around 11/8 or 12/9

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QieCRRYL48



Doesn’t seem likely -> https://x.com/theportalreport/status/1781322664147325130?...
Back to Top
  
GraffZ06
General User



Member Since: 1/5/2005
Location: Dayton, OH
Post Count: 1,947

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Portal starts up again March 18th
   Posted: 4/19/2024 2:26:01 PM 
greencat wrote:
FJC31 wrote:
M.D.W.S.T wrote:
GoCats105 wrote:
T.J. Power from Duke is in the portal. He's from Massachusetts, which is close to New York, where Stony Brook is. CLOSE ENOUGH.


He goes by TJ which is like AJ and we have several of those. GET IT DONE.


I laughed out loud at both of these.


Cooper Flagg is from Maine which is close to Boston which is not that far from NY.

Can we get him to decommit from Duke? I hear he is "pretty good."


Hey, we stole Quinn Corna from Coach K. Why not do it again? CLOSE ENOUGH.
Back to Top
  
greencat
General User



Member Since: 3/12/2005
Post Count: 2,136

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Portal starts up again March 18th
   Posted: 4/19/2024 10:17:09 PM 
GraffZ06 wrote:
greencat wrote:
FJC31 wrote:
M.D.W.S.T wrote:
GoCats105 wrote:
T.J. Power from Duke is in the portal. He's from Massachusetts, which is close to New York, where Stony Brook is. CLOSE ENOUGH.


He goes by TJ which is like AJ and we have several of those. GET IT DONE.


I laughed out loud at both of these.


Cooper Flagg is from Maine which is close to Boston which is not that far from NY.

Can we get him to decommit from Duke? I hear he is "pretty good."


Hey, we stole Quinn Corna from Coach K. Why not do it again? CLOSE ENOUGH.


Is "close enough" going to become the new "TOS to..." thing?

Every sports forum with long term posters does have their own "things" iirc.
Back to Top
  
shabamon
General User



Member Since: 11/17/2006
Location: Cincinnati
Post Count: 6,237

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Portal starts up again March 18th
   Posted: 4/20/2024 9:00:05 AM 
greencat wrote:
GraffZ06 wrote:
greencat wrote:
FJC31 wrote:
M.D.W.S.T wrote:
GoCats105 wrote:
T.J. Power from Duke is in the portal. He's from Massachusetts, which is close to New York, where Stony Brook is. CLOSE ENOUGH.


He goes by TJ which is like AJ and we have several of those. GET IT DONE.


I laughed out loud at both of these.


Cooper Flagg is from Maine which is close to Boston which is not that far from NY.

Can we get him to decommit from Duke? I hear he is "pretty good."


Hey, we stole Quinn Corna from Coach K. Why not do it again? CLOSE ENOUGH.


Is "close enough" going to become the new "TOS to..." thing?

Every sports forum with long term posters does have their own "things" iirc.


BORTZ!

Miami has ROTFLMAO LETHUNYA. That's funny.
Back to Top
  
greencat
General User



Member Since: 3/12/2005
Post Count: 2,136

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Portal starts up again March 18th
   Posted: 4/20/2024 1:45:04 PM 
Ole Miss senior Moussa Cisse has entered the transfer portal.

The 7’0” forward started 17/26 games played. Previously played at Memphis, and Oklahoma State.

There is a thread about U of Memphis on the football forum.

Close enough. Sign him up.
Back to Top
  
JimLurker34
General User

Member Since: 12/7/2023
Location: McArthur, OH
Post Count: 190

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Portal starts up again March 18th
   Posted: 4/20/2024 6:48:54 PM 
greencat wrote:
Ole Miss senior Moussa Cisse has entered the transfer portal.

The 7’0” forward started 17/26 games played. Previously played at Memphis, and Oklahoma State.

There is a thread about U of Memphis on the football forum.

Close enough. Sign him up.


"Get 'er done," in my best Larry the Cable guy voice.
Back to Top
  
FJC31
General User

Member Since: 3/31/2022
Post Count: 1,321

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Portal starts up again March 18th
   Posted: 4/20/2024 10:46:28 PM 
We’ve expressed interest in Brown’s Kalu Anya.

https://x.com/theportalreport/status/1781861523016634801?...

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/...
Back to Top
  
greencat
General User



Member Since: 3/12/2005
Post Count: 2,136

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Portal starts up again March 18th
   Posted: 4/21/2024 9:48:40 AM 
FJC31 wrote:
We’ve expressed interest in Brown’s Kalu Anya.

https://x.com/theportalreport/status/1781861523016634801?...

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/...


Is Anya related to the new age singer Enya?

By the way, did you know Enya is doing a hardcore gangsta rap album?

It's going to be called "Enya Face"

(are dad jokes allowed?)



Back to Top
  
bobcatsquared
General User

Member Since: 12/20/2004
Post Count: 5,080

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Portal starts up again March 18th
   Posted: 4/21/2024 10:05:07 AM 
Only a fan of hardcore gangsta rap would know this, right greencat?

Last Edited: 4/21/2024 10:05:42 AM by bobcatsquared

Back to Top
  
FearLeon
General User



Member Since: 3/12/2005
Post Count: 4,189

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Portal starts up again March 18th
   Posted: 4/21/2024 11:13:00 AM 
FJC31 wrote:
We’ve expressed interest in Brown’s Kalu Anya.

https://x.com/theportalreport/status/1781861523016634801?...

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/...


I remember watching him against Ohio and thinking that guy is a problem for us. I have no idea how Boals would get him to come to Athens as this guy is from the New England area.

Last Edited: 4/21/2024 11:13:41 AM by FearLeon


#BleedGreen #TrentIsGOAT

Back to Top
  
Showing Replies:  451 - 475  of 748 Posts
Jump to Page:  < Previous    1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30    Next >
View Other 'Ohio Basketball' Topics
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             







Copyright ©2024 BobcatAttack.com. All rights reserved.  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Use
Partner of USA TODAY Sports Digital Properties