Welcome Guest!
Create an Account
login email:
password:
site searchwhere to watchcontact usabout usadvertise with ushelp
Message Board

BobcatAttack.com Message Board
Ohio Basketball
Topic:  RE: Portal starts up again March 18th

Topic:  RE: Portal starts up again March 18th
Author
Message
CatsUp
General User

Member Since: 4/15/2019
Post Count: 737

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Portal starts up again March 18th
   Posted: 4/21/2024 12:34:11 PM 
FearLeon wrote:
FJC31 wrote:
We’ve expressed interest in Brown’s Kalu Anya.

https://x.com/theportalreport/status/1781861523016634801?...

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/...


I remember watching him against Ohio and thinking that guy is a problem for us. I have no idea how Boals would get him to come to Athens as this guy is from the New England area.


Cutler, Putnam and others met at the Bunch of Grapes Tavern in Boston in 1786, a meeting that helped set in motion the establishment of Ohio University. Close enough. :)
Back to Top
  
greencat
General User



Member Since: 3/12/2005
Post Count: 2,133

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Portal starts up again March 18th
   Posted: 4/21/2024 12:50:25 PM 
Ohio State sophomore Felix Okpara entered the transfer portal this morning.

The 6’11” center started 34/35 games played for the Buckeyes. Okpara averaged 6.6 points on 59% FG, 6.4 rebounds, and 2.4 blocks.

---------------------------------------------------------

Ohio State is in the state of Ohio.

Close enough. Get this guy

Other offers from h.s. included most of SEC.

This included Kentucky (so he can play) and Vanderbilt (so he can pass his classes)
Back to Top
  
JimLurker34
General User

Member Since: 12/7/2023
Location: McArthur, OH
Post Count: 190

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Portal starts up again March 18th
   Posted: 4/21/2024 4:59:55 PM 
greencat wrote:
Ohio State sophomore Felix Okpara entered the transfer portal this morning.

The 6’11” center started 34/35 games played for the Buckeyes. Okpara averaged 6.6 points on 59% FG, 6.4 rebounds, and 2.4 blocks.

---------------------------------------------------------

Ohio State is in the state of Ohio.

Close enough. Get this guy

Other offers from h.s. included most of SEC.

This included Kentucky (so he can play) and Vanderbilt (so he can pass his classes)


Ohio State is in Franklin County, which was named after Ben Franklin, so maybe he has a girl in every port. Could one of those ports be Athens?
Back to Top
  
FJC31
General User

Member Since: 3/31/2022
Post Count: 1,312

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Portal starts up again March 18th
   Posted: 4/22/2024 9:31:45 AM 
FearLeon wrote:
FJC31 wrote:
We’ve expressed interest in Brown’s Kalu Anya.

https://x.com/theportalreport/status/1781861523016634801?...

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/...


I remember watching him against Ohio and thinking that guy is a problem for us. I have no idea how Boals would get him to come to Athens as this guy is from the New England area.


Yea, tough to say. Long list of suitors, too. I was never worried about Boals landing another guard. Hell, I think he did better than I expected in Paveletske.

IMO, who we bring in with size will be all the more telling. If it's someone from lower level/JUCO or someone looking for a bounce back, ok, it's a transition for that player. If he's more proven at the D1 level like Anya, we may have more resources than we initially thought as a program (great sign).

Last Edited: 4/22/2024 9:33:13 AM by FJC31

Back to Top
  
greencat
General User



Member Since: 3/12/2005
Post Count: 2,133

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Portal starts up again March 18th
   Posted: 4/22/2024 10:35:51 AM 
UTSA’s Carlton Linguard has entered the transfer portal, as a grad transfer.

The 7’0” center started 27/32 games, averaging 9.3 points, 6.2 rebounds, and 1.5 blocks.

Previously played at Kansas State for 2 seasons

He was recruited to K State by Bruce Weber, former Illinois coach.

Where former Ohio coach John Groce used to be. Close enough.

Last Edited: 4/22/2024 10:38:50 AM by greencat

Back to Top
  
FJC31
General User

Member Since: 3/31/2022
Post Count: 1,312

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Portal starts up again March 18th
   Posted: 4/23/2024 10:21:36 AM 
New names the staff is following -- all bigs. Obviously speculation and nothing else.

Max Murrell, Stanford
https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/...

David Skogman, Davidson/Buffalo
https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/...

Tyler Caron, St. Mary's (D2)
https://rattlerathletics.com/sports/mens-basketball/roste...

Elijah Jones, Green Bay
https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/...

Max Agbonkpolo, Wyoming/USC/Utah State
https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/...

Last Edited: 4/23/2024 10:21:55 AM by FJC31

Back to Top
  
shabamon
General User



Member Since: 11/17/2006
Location: Cincinnati
Post Count: 6,226

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Portal starts up again March 18th
   Posted: 4/23/2024 10:44:14 AM 
All of those guys are entering their final year of eligibility, from what I can tell. Potentially loading a senior class with Clayton, Searls, and another big man would signal championship or bust in 2025 as it would leave Evans, Hadaway, hopefully a freshman, and maybe a portal reload as your front court in 2026.

Max Murrell is related to Connor. Brothers or cousins.
Back to Top
  
GoCats105
General User

Member Since: 1/31/2006
Location: Seattle, WA
Post Count: 6,971

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Portal starts up again March 18th
   Posted: 4/23/2024 10:50:57 AM 
FJC31 wrote:
New names the staff is following -- all bigs. Obviously speculation and nothing else.

Max Murrell, Stanford
https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/...

David Skogman, Davidson/Buffalo
https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/...

Tyler Caron, St. Mary's (D2)
https://rattlerathletics.com/sports/mens-basketball/roste...

Elijah Jones, Green Bay
https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/...

Max Agbonkpolo, Wyoming/USC/Utah State
https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/...



Out of those guys, Jones probably fits the most of what Ohio needs. Seems more like a Dwight Wilson type than a stretch 4. Skogman is most likely headed for bigger things, but Murrell could be an interesting prospect.
Back to Top
  
Mike Coleman
Administrator



Member Since: 12/21/2004
Location: Near the Pristine Sandy Shores of Lake Erie, OH
Post Count: 1,354

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Portal starts up again March 18th
   Posted: 4/23/2024 11:00:02 AM 
FJC31 wrote:
New names the staff is following -- all bigs. Obviously speculation and nothing else.

Max Murrell, Stanford
https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/...

David Skogman, Davidson/Buffalo
https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/...

Tyler Caron, St. Mary's (D2)
https://rattlerathletics.com/sports/mens-basketball/roste...

Elijah Jones, Green Bay
https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/...

Max Agbonkpolo, Wyoming/USC/Utah State
https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/...



Max Murrell went to Stanford. Jeff Boals had an offer from Stanford as a HS player. Close enough.
Back to Top
  
greencat
General User



Member Since: 3/12/2005
Post Count: 2,133

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Portal starts up again March 18th
   Posted: 4/23/2024 11:22:29 AM 
Mike Coleman wrote:
[QUOTE=FJC31] New names the staff is following -- all bigs. Obviously speculation and nothing else.

Max Murrell, Stanford
https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/...

David Skogman, Davidson/Buffalo
https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/...

Tyler Caron, St. Mary's (D2)
https://rattlerathletics.com/sports/mens-basketball/roste...

Elijah Jones, Green Bay
https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/...

Max Agbonkpolo, Wyoming/USC/Utah State
https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/...



When you bring in a guy from Stanford (or Duke or Rice or Vandy or.....) one thing is certain, a nation will never have to "await" news on grades.

Agbonkolo is interesting. This would be his 4th college in six years. Yes, six years. Apparently he only played 10 games last season, thus that would qualify as a redshirt season? But most of his playing was at USC with other offers out of h.s. from Arizona, Gonzaga, Michigan, Texas, Virginia, etc


Back to Top
  
FJC31
General User

Member Since: 3/31/2022
Post Count: 1,312

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Portal starts up again March 18th
   Posted: 4/23/2024 11:28:22 AM 
shabamon wrote:
All of those guys are entering their final year of eligibility, from what I can tell. Potentially loading a senior class with Clayton, Searls, and another big man would signal championship or bust in 2025 as it would leave Evans, Hadaway, hopefully a freshman, and maybe a portal reload as your front court in 2026.

Max Murrell is related to Connor. Brothers or cousins.


I'd be ok with loading up the senior class if that meant adding more size. We're in a year-to-year era anyway.
Back to Top
  
JimLurker34
General User

Member Since: 12/7/2023
Location: McArthur, OH
Post Count: 190

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Portal starts up again March 18th
   Posted: 4/23/2024 11:45:26 AM 
greencat wrote:
Mike Coleman wrote:
[QUOTE=FJC31] New names the staff is following -- all bigs. Obviously speculation and nothing else.

Max Murrell, Stanford
https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/...

David Skogman, Davidson/Buffalo
https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/...

Tyler Caron, St. Mary's (D2)
https://rattlerathletics.com/sports/mens-basketball/roste...

Elijah Jones, Green Bay
https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/...

Max Agbonkpolo, Wyoming/USC/Utah State
https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/...



When you bring in a guy from Stanford (or Duke or Rice or Vandy or.....) one thing is certain, a nation will never have to "await" news on grades.

Agbonkolo is interesting. This would be his 4th college in six years. Yes, six years. Apparently he only played 10 games last season, thus that would qualify as a redshirt season? But most of his playing was at USC with other offers out of h.s. from Arizona, Gonzaga, Michigan, Texas, Virginia, etc



I was told by a current player that basketball still has the play for one second of one game rule in terms of blowing your red shirt. I was surprised to hear that. In football it's now four games, I think. Why is football so much more liberal in this regard?

Last Edited: 4/23/2024 11:45:58 AM by JimLurker34

Back to Top
  
shabamon
General User



Member Since: 11/17/2006
Location: Cincinnati
Post Count: 6,226

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Portal starts up again March 18th
   Posted: 4/23/2024 12:04:37 PM 
JimLurker34 wrote:
greencat wrote:
Mike Coleman wrote:
[QUOTE=FJC31] New names the staff is following -- all bigs. Obviously speculation and nothing else.

Max Murrell, Stanford
https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/...

David Skogman, Davidson/Buffalo
https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/...

Tyler Caron, St. Mary's (D2)
https://rattlerathletics.com/sports/mens-basketball/roste...

Elijah Jones, Green Bay
https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/...

Max Agbonkpolo, Wyoming/USC/Utah State
https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/...



When you bring in a guy from Stanford (or Duke or Rice or Vandy or.....) one thing is certain, a nation will never have to "await" news on grades.

Agbonkolo is interesting. This would be his 4th college in six years. Yes, six years. Apparently he only played 10 games last season, thus that would qualify as a redshirt season? But most of his playing was at USC with other offers out of h.s. from Arizona, Gonzaga, Michigan, Texas, Virginia, etc



I was told by a current player that basketball still has the play for one second of one game rule in terms of blowing your red shirt. I was surprised to hear that. In football it's now four games, I think. Why is football so much more liberal in this regard?


Maybe a season ending injury changes that. Hopefully the case with AJB.
Back to Top
  
greencat
General User



Member Since: 3/12/2005
Post Count: 2,133

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Portal starts up again March 18th
   Posted: 4/23/2024 12:14:26 PM 
JimLurker34 wrote:
greencat wrote:
Mike Coleman wrote:
[QUOTE=FJC31] New names the staff is following -- all bigs. Obviously speculation and nothing else.

Max Murrell, Stanford
https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/...

David Skogman, Davidson/Buffalo
https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/...

Tyler Caron, St. Mary's (D2)
https://rattlerathletics.com/sports/mens-basketball/roste...

Elijah Jones, Green Bay
https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/...

Max Agbonkpolo, Wyoming/USC/Utah State
https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/...



When you bring in a guy from Stanford (or Duke or Rice or Vandy or.....) one thing is certain, a nation will never have to "await" news on grades.

Agbonkolo is interesting. This would be his 4th college in six years. Yes, six years. Apparently he only played 10 games last season, thus that would qualify as a redshirt season? But most of his playing was at USC with other offers out of h.s. from Arizona, Gonzaga, Michigan, Texas, Virginia, etc



I was told by a current player that basketball still has the play for one second of one game rule in terms of blowing your red shirt. I was surprised to hear that. In football it's now four games, I think. Why is football so much more liberal in this regard?


This was the rule at least up until recently:


According to the NCAA redshirt eligibility rules in basketball, a player can redshirt if they do not compete in more than four games or 30% of the season's total games, whichever is greater.

------------------------------------------

Utah State played 35 games last season.

He played in .2857 of those.

HOWEVER...he had a significant foot injury that would probably qualify for an extra year of college ball. There was surgery involved.
Back to Top
  
GoCats105
General User

Member Since: 1/31/2006
Location: Seattle, WA
Post Count: 6,971

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Portal starts up again March 18th
   Posted: 4/24/2024 3:52:45 PM 
St. Peter's PG Elijah Wood is in the portal. Sources close to him say he's on his way to Mordor.
Back to Top
  
FJC31
General User

Member Since: 3/31/2022
Post Count: 1,312

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Portal starts up again March 18th
   Posted: 4/24/2024 4:30:51 PM 
Skogman to DePaul.
Back to Top
  
greencat
General User



Member Since: 3/12/2005
Post Count: 2,133

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Portal starts up again March 18th
   Posted: 4/24/2024 9:45:32 PM 
FJC31 wrote:
Skogman to DePaul.



Brandon White
TEXAS A&M
C
6-10
245

Was offered by the highest of the high majors.

No stats? What happened?

He's in the portal all of a sudden.
Back to Top
  
Cymansays
General User

Member Since: 4/24/2024
Post Count: 1

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Portal starts up again March 18th
   Posted: 4/24/2024 11:24:44 PM 
Iowa state fan here. You guys got a good one in Pav. I loved him as a player. He was just a little over matched physically against the Houston's and baylors in the big 12. Whenever he got a chance he contributed and played his ass off. Got alot better defensively too. Great kid who has the dawg mentality. He will do great for you guys. I'll be a fan.

Last Edited: 4/24/2024 11:25:50 PM by Cymansays

Back to Top
  
Jeff McKinney
Moderator

Member Since: 11/12/2004
Post Count: 6,082

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Portal starts up again March 18th
   Posted: 4/25/2024 1:50:43 AM 
Thanks, Cyman!
Back to Top
  
Bobcat1998
General User

Member Since: 11/7/2012
Post Count: 2,253

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Portal starts up again March 18th
   Posted: 4/25/2024 7:40:55 AM 
Cymansays wrote:
Iowa state fan here. You guys got a good one in Pav. I loved him as a player. He was just a little over matched physically against the Houston's and baylors in the big 12. Whenever he got a chance he contributed and played his ass off. Got alot better defensively too. Great kid who has the dawg mentality. He will do great for you guys. I'll be a fan.


That's great to hear. On Twitter the Iowa State Fans were very complimentary of him and were telling him that they would be Bobcat fans and root for him. That tells me a lot about the young man.
Back to Top
  
shabamon
General User



Member Since: 11/17/2006
Location: Cincinnati
Post Count: 6,226

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Portal starts up again March 18th
   Posted: 4/26/2024 3:03:11 PM 
Big day for Furman. They get Sullinger from Kent and Tom House.
Back to Top
  
FJC31
General User

Member Since: 3/31/2022
Post Count: 1,312

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Portal starts up again March 18th
   Posted: 4/26/2024 5:25:06 PM 
New bigs staff is following:

Bruce Zhang, St. Louis
https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/...

Abou Osmane, Xavier/North Texas
https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/...

Khouri Carvey, Brunswick CC/Morehead State
https://www.gobccsports.com/sports/mbkb/2022-23/bios/carv...

Adam Afifi, Chico State (D2)/Cal State Northridge
https://chicowildcats.com/sports/mens-basketball/roster/a...

Justice Ajogbor
https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/...

Worth noting Carvey was a JUCO All-American as a freshman. Signed with Morehead State but then was granted released after the coach took James Madison job.

Osmane a bounce back guy and also from Brooklyn (s/o greencat).

Ajogbor would classify as that rim protector we desperately need. Averaged 3 BPG this past season.

Zhang and Afifi are just kinda eh, but would be size.



Last Edited: 4/26/2024 5:29:54 PM by FJC31

Back to Top
  
shabamon
General User



Member Since: 11/17/2006
Location: Cincinnati
Post Count: 6,226

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Portal starts up again March 18th
   Posted: 4/27/2024 2:55:39 PM 
Jacob Conner to Dayton
Jacob Theodosiou to Loyola MD
Back to Top
  
shabamon
General User



Member Since: 11/17/2006
Location: Cincinnati
Post Count: 6,226

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Portal starts up again March 18th
   Posted: 4/28/2024 3:22:36 PM 
Kalu Anya to St. Louis
Back to Top
  
FearLeon
General User



Member Since: 3/12/2005
Post Count: 4,187

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Portal starts up again March 18th
   Posted: 4/28/2024 7:28:00 PM 
shabamon wrote:
Kalu Anya to St. Louis


Seems to me if we don't land our portal big (minus Vic) by May 15th that we might be in the very same spot we were a year ago on this topic.


#BleedGreen #TrentIsGOAT

Back to Top
  
Showing Replies:  476 - 500  of 748 Posts
Jump to Page:  < Previous    1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30    Next >
View Other 'Ohio Basketball' Topics
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             







Copyright ©2024 BobcatAttack.com. All rights reserved.  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Use
Partner of USA TODAY Sports Digital Properties