Welcome Guest!
Create an Account
login email:
password:
site searchwhere to watchcontact usabout usadvertise with ushelp
Message Board

BobcatAttack.com Message Board
Ohio Basketball
Topic:  RE: Portal starts up again March 18th

Topic:  RE: Portal starts up again March 18th
Author
Message
Andrew Ruck
General User



Member Since: 12/22/2004
Location: Columbus, OH
Post Count: 4,764

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Portal starts up again March 18th
   Posted: 5/13/2024 10:55:03 AM 
Hard to dispute that, there does not seem to be much in the way of notable incoming freshmen around the MAC while we boast Elliott, Evans, & Burris. Call me crazy but I'd prefer this to Akron-like transfer excitement.


Andrew Ruck
B.B.A. 2003

Back to Top
  
Victory
General User

Member Since: 3/10/2012
Post Count: 1,947

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Portal starts up again March 18th
   Posted: 5/13/2024 11:29:27 AM 
M.D.W.S.T wrote:
OU currently has the #1 recruiting class in the MAC, 79th Nationally.
https://www.on3.com/college/ohio-bobcats/basketball/2024/... /

Just below WVU at 76 and above UMASS (92) (and a lot of strong names);

Loyola Chicago - 80
Minnesota - 81
Vanderbilt - 82
Oregon - 90
James Madison - 94
FAU - 97


https://www.on3.com/db/rankings/industry-team/basketball/... /


I can't say that I have been paying a lot of attention to what the other MAC schools have in their incoming class but I still would have been pretty shocked to find out that we were not ranked 1st with what we have.
Back to Top
  
FJC31
General User

Member Since: 3/31/2022
Post Count: 1,312

Status: Online

  Message Not Read  RE: Portal starts up again March 18th
   Posted: 5/13/2024 11:57:32 AM 
M.D.W.S.T wrote:
OU currently has the #1 recruiting class in the MAC, 79th Nationally.
https://www.on3.com/college/ohio-bobcats/basketball/2024/... /

Just below WVU at 76 and above UMASS (92) (and a lot of strong names);

Loyola Chicago - 80
Minnesota - 81
Vanderbilt - 82
Oregon - 90
James Madison - 94
FAU - 97


https://www.on3.com/db/rankings/industry-team/basketball/... /


Cool to see. I like that On3 even has info on Searls, who sort of flew under the radar to all of us as a transfer.

I like what we have coming in and what we're returning a lot. Ball movement was an issue and Elliot/Paveletzke bring in facilitation. Searls and Evans add size. If we can add someone who is 6'7 or taller with that last schollie, that's icing on the cake. I don't even care what level he comes from.

The floor of this year's roster is already higher than last year's. The ceiling is that much higher with a healthy AJB.

Back to Top
  
FearLeon
General User



Member Since: 3/12/2005
Post Count: 4,187

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Portal starts up again March 18th
   Posted: 5/13/2024 12:06:57 PM 
FJC31 wrote:
M.D.W.S.T wrote:
OU currently has the #1 recruiting class in the MAC, 79th Nationally.
https://www.on3.com/college/ohio-bobcats/basketball/2024/... /

Just below WVU at 76 and above UMASS (92) (and a lot of strong names);

Loyola Chicago - 80
Minnesota - 81
Vanderbilt - 82
Oregon - 90
James Madison - 94
FAU - 97


https://www.on3.com/db/rankings/industry-team/basketball/... /


Cool to see. I like that On3 even has info on Searls, who sort of flew under the radar to all of us as a transfer.

I like what we have coming in and what we're returning a lot. Ball movement was an issue and Elliot/Paveletzke bring in facilitation. Searls and Evans add size. If we can add someone who is 6'7 or taller with that last schollie, that's icing on the cake. I don't even care what level he comes from.

The floor of this year's roster is already higher than last year's. The ceiling is that much higher with a healthy AJB.



Am I looking at this right? These rankings are before the signing of Elliot? I don't see him listed. If so, I would think the ranking is even better.


#BleedGreen #TrentIsGOAT

Back to Top
  
shabamon
General User



Member Since: 11/17/2006
Location: Cincinnati
Post Count: 6,226

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Portal starts up again March 18th
   Posted: 5/13/2024 12:12:07 PM 
FearLeon wrote:
FJC31 wrote:
M.D.W.S.T wrote:
OU currently has the #1 recruiting class in the MAC, 79th Nationally.
https://www.on3.com/college/ohio-bobcats/basketball/2024/... /

Just below WVU at 76 and above UMASS (92) (and a lot of strong names);

Loyola Chicago - 80
Minnesota - 81
Vanderbilt - 82
Oregon - 90
James Madison - 94
FAU - 97


https://www.on3.com/db/rankings/industry-team/basketball/... /


Cool to see. I like that On3 even has info on Searls, who sort of flew under the radar to all of us as a transfer.

I like what we have coming in and what we're returning a lot. Ball movement was an issue and Elliot/Paveletzke bring in facilitation. Searls and Evans add size. If we can add someone who is 6'7 or taller with that last schollie, that's icing on the cake. I don't even care what level he comes from.

The floor of this year's roster is already higher than last year's. The ceiling is that much higher with a healthy AJB.



Am I looking at this right? These rankings are before the signing of Elliot? I don't see him listed. If so, I would think the ranking is even better.


They don't acknowledge Burris either, and Burris is signed.
Back to Top
  
Victory
General User

Member Since: 3/10/2012
Post Count: 1,947

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Portal starts up again March 18th
   Posted: 5/13/2024 12:25:31 PM 
FJC31 wrote:

Cool to see. I like that On3 even has info on Searls, who sort of flew under the radar to all of us as a transfer.

I like what we have coming in and what we're returning a lot. Ball movement was an issue and Elliot/Paveletzke bring in facilitation. Searls and Evans add size. If we can add someone who is 6'7 or taller with that last schollie, that's icing on the cake. I don't even care what level he comes from.

The floor of this year's roster is already higher than last year's. The ceiling is that much higher with a healthy AJB.



I think that's the biggest concern. Paveletzke needs to be as good as Hunter in facilitation. Mitchell {and probably Elliot?) is a hybrid guard and Sheldon is an outside shooter. If AJB is healthy we'll replace the scoring we lost and the point probably won't score as much as Hunter did. In terms of facilitation I wouldn't be surprised at all if Paveletzke is better than Hunter but we'll see.

I think Wiznitzer was a better player last year than the year before and wasn't as bad as some say but needless to say he wasn't a particularly good player. If Paveletzke is a quality point guard and AJB is healthy all we really need to contend for MAC, even without any improvement from our returners, is for Searle or Evans to be a backup center. It is easy to think Evans could be better than that and allow Clayton to play some PF where he'd probably be more comfortable. If James's issues last year were health and he's better this year and Burris and Elliot are as good as their ranking then we'll have some real things to figure out as far as playing time. But that's best case scenario. Well, the best case scenario is getting in another quality big on top of that. But I agree, the floor, barring a lot of injuries or a locker room meltdown, is a team that is a little worse that last year. The ceiling is team that can win around 25 or 26 regular season games.

Last Edited: 5/13/2024 12:28:17 PM by Victory

Back to Top
  
FJC31
General User

Member Since: 3/31/2022
Post Count: 1,312

Status: Online

  Message Not Read  RE: Portal starts up again March 18th
   Posted: 5/13/2024 1:14:37 PM 
Victory wrote:
FJC31 wrote:

Cool to see. I like that On3 even has info on Searls, who sort of flew under the radar to all of us as a transfer.

I like what we have coming in and what we're returning a lot. Ball movement was an issue and Elliot/Paveletzke bring in facilitation. Searls and Evans add size. If we can add someone who is 6'7 or taller with that last schollie, that's icing on the cake. I don't even care what level he comes from.

The floor of this year's roster is already higher than last year's. The ceiling is that much higher with a healthy AJB.



I think that's the biggest concern. Paveletzke needs to be as good as Hunter in facilitation. Mitchell {and probably Elliot?) is a hybrid guard and Sheldon is an outside shooter. If AJB is healthy we'll replace the scoring we lost and the point probably won't score as much as Hunter did. In terms of facilitation I wouldn't be surprised at all if Paveletzke is better than Hunter but we'll see.

But I agree, the floor, barring a lot of injuries or a locker room meltdown, is a team that is a little worse that last year. The ceiling is team that can win around 25 or 26 regular season games.


I'm not sure we're saying the same thing. I do think the floor of this year's roster is much higher than last year's. I haven't even seen Searls and Evans play, yet we're already getting minutes that we never got out of IJ and Wiz was limited ability wise.

If we take Paveletzke's Wofford numbers and compare them to Jaylin's at the time of his transfer, the former has better shooting numbers and comparable assists (3.7apg) to Jaylin's (4apg). Jaylin saw an uptick in his assists each year, so I don't think it's farfetched to expect the same out of Paveletzke. I think we upgraded at PG.

I shared this before, but Dusty May said this about Elliot -- “He’s already a difference-maker on the defensive end. Offensively, he’s a pass-first point guard who gets to his spots and can create offense for his teammates.”

If that's accurate, we've upgraded our ball movement in a backup PG. Going into last year we were unsure of Sheldon and Hadaway. They each carved out pivotal roles. I think this year's floor is 20-22 wins. The ceiling with a healthy AJB is 25-26 regular season wins as you said.





Back to Top
  
Victory
General User

Member Since: 3/10/2012
Post Count: 1,947

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Portal starts up again March 18th
   Posted: 5/13/2024 1:43:41 PM 
FJC31 wrote:

I'm not sure we're saying the same thing. I do think the floor of this year's roster is much higher than last year's. I haven't even seen Searls and Evans play, yet we're already getting minutes that we never got out of IJ and Wiz was limited ability wise.

If we take Paveletzke's Wofford numbers and compare them to Jaylin's at the time of his transfer, the former has better shooting numbers and comparable assists (3.7apg) to Jaylin's (4apg). Jaylin saw an uptick in his assists each year, so I don't think it's farfetched to expect the same out of Paveletzke. I think we upgraded at PG.



I was mostly agreeing with you. I think Paveletzke being something of a bust and Ohio having to play him at a level much less than we expected or playing a hybrid guard or Sheldon at the point is our most likely way for us to end up near the "floor" we were discussing. I didn't mean that I think that's what will happen. We need a good facilitator and we don't have one returning that proved it in our offense. That is something of a risk even if we should feel pretty confident about it.
Back to Top
  
MonroeClassmate
General User

Member Since: 8/31/2010
Post Count: 2,017

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Portal starts up again March 18th
   Posted: 5/13/2024 7:27:48 PM 
Hadaway is the player who needs to see the most improvement over the off season OR he will be coming in to sub for Power Forward AJ Clayton. Clayton will move over to his more natural position on offense and have Searls and Evans taking his spot. No knock on Ayden but he is considered a small forward on the recruiting page. With three guards it sure would be a benefit rebounding wise to add size at the forward position. Who knows, maybe it will be Clayton, Hadaway and Searls/Evans with guards fighting for playing time!

Talked to a young man who graduated last year from Ashland University after playing four years of football (this is my second conversation with someone from Ashland sports). I asked him about Victor Searls and his comment was that he thinks because Victor was an overweight high school senior he did not get any looks from D-1. He said that it was pretty amazing the physical transformation made by Victor and that Victor put as much time into conditioning as any football player during the off seasons. I know it is only an opinion of a young man playing a different sport, but a fan of basketball, who believes Victor Searls is going to surprise many people outside of Ashland! I am really looking forward to see what OUr get brings to the Bobcats.
Back to Top
  
FJC31
General User

Member Since: 3/31/2022
Post Count: 1,312

Status: Online

  Message Not Read  RE: Portal starts up again March 18th
   Posted: 5/14/2024 9:17:41 AM 
MonroeClassmate wrote:
Hadaway is the player who needs to see the most improvement over the off season OR he will be coming in to sub for Power Forward AJ Clayton.


How do you figure? He took the biggest leap from year 1 to 2 and averaged 10ppg and 6rpg once he became a starter. He's a lock for the starting 4 role and it isn't even a discussion.
Back to Top
  
FJC31
General User

Member Since: 3/31/2022
Post Count: 1,312

Status: Online

  Message Not Read  RE: Portal starts up again March 18th
   Posted: 5/14/2024 9:20:48 AM 
Victory wrote:
FJC31 wrote:

I'm not sure we're saying the same thing. I do think the floor of this year's roster is much higher than last year's. I haven't even seen Searls and Evans play, yet we're already getting minutes that we never got out of IJ and Wiz was limited ability wise.

If we take Paveletzke's Wofford numbers and compare them to Jaylin's at the time of his transfer, the former has better shooting numbers and comparable assists (3.7apg) to Jaylin's (4apg). Jaylin saw an uptick in his assists each year, so I don't think it's farfetched to expect the same out of Paveletzke. I think we upgraded at PG.



I was mostly agreeing with you. I think Paveletzke being something of a bust and Ohio having to play him at a level much less than we expected or playing a hybrid guard or Sheldon at the point is our most likely way for us to end up near the "floor" we were discussing. I didn't mean that I think that's what will happen. We need a good facilitator and we don't have one returning that proved it in our offense. That is something of a risk even if we should feel pretty confident about it.


Got it. I imagine we'll see more of a Wofford Paveletzke rather than Iowa State. At worse, he's on par with Jaylin from a ball movement perspective and it sounds like Elliot can contribute right away with defense and facilitation.
Back to Top
  
JimLurker34
General User

Member Since: 12/7/2023
Location: McArthur, OH
Post Count: 190

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Portal starts up again March 18th
   Posted: 5/14/2024 11:31:40 AM 
MonroeClassmate wrote:
Hadaway is the player who needs to see the most improvement over the off season OR he will be coming in to sub for Power Forward AJ Clayton. Clayton will move over to his more natural position on offense and have Searls and Evans taking his spot. No knock on Ayden but he is considered a small forward on the recruiting page. With three guards it sure would be a benefit rebounding wise to add size at the forward position. Who knows, maybe it will be Clayton, Hadaway and Searls/Evans with guards fighting for playing time!

Talked to a young man who graduated last year from Ashland University after playing four years of football (this is my second conversation with someone from Ashland sports). I asked him about Victor Searls and his comment was that he thinks because Victor was an overweight high school senior he did not get any looks from D-1. He said that it was pretty amazing the physical transformation made by Victor and that Victor put as much time into conditioning as any football player during the off seasons. I know it is only an opinion of a young man playing a different sport, but a fan of basketball, who believes Victor Searls is going to surprise many people outside of Ashland! I am really looking forward to see what OUr get brings to the Bobcats.


Talked with a casual Ashland fan, who watches most of their games on TV rather than personal attendance, and he thought Searls was ready to make the jump to D1.
Back to Top
  
FearLeon
General User



Member Since: 3/12/2005
Post Count: 4,187

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Portal starts up again March 18th
   Posted: 5/14/2024 12:48:35 PM 
FJC31 wrote:
MonroeClassmate wrote:
Hadaway is the player who needs to see the most improvement over the off season OR he will be coming in to sub for Power Forward AJ Clayton.


How do you figure? He took the biggest leap from year 1 to 2 and averaged 10ppg and 6rpg once he became a starter. He's a lock for the starting 4 role and it isn't even a discussion.


Perplexed by this as well. No player on the roster made a bigger jump from one year to the next than Captain Chaos. Hadaway is an automatic starter day one next season and it's not even a question.


#BleedGreen #TrentIsGOAT

Back to Top
  
Victory
General User

Member Since: 3/10/2012
Post Count: 1,947

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Portal starts up again March 18th
   Posted: 5/14/2024 12:59:26 PM 
I think the best bet on the game 1 starting lineup would be Paveletzke, Mitchell, Brown, Hadaway, Clayton. I suspect that most of the board would guess the same. James started 18 games last year. Ayden Evans was a 4 star recruit. We have two more three star recruits plus one more scholarship to fill......
Back to Top
  
M.D.W.S.T
General User



Member Since: 12/23/2021
Post Count: 1,896

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Portal starts up again March 18th
   Posted: 5/14/2024 2:28:46 PM 
Victory wrote:
I think the best bet on the game 1 starting lineup would be Paveletzke, Mitchell, Brown, Hadaway, Clayton. I suspect that most of the board would guess the same. James started 18 games last year. Ayden Evans was a 4 star recruit. We have two more three star recruits plus one more scholarship to fill......


My expectations for Evans are already unfair to him, but boy do I expect some huge minutes and major impact.

Not expecting Enrique Freeman [from day one ;)] but his size and athleticism is something we haven't had in Athens... ever... crazy to think we could go from starting last season with a 6'4" four man, to a line-up of 6'4", 6'4", 6'8", 6'9", 6'10"... wowsers.
Back to Top
  
Bobcat1998
General User

Member Since: 11/7/2012
Post Count: 2,253

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Portal starts up again March 18th
   Posted: 5/14/2024 2:36:09 PM 
M.D.W.S.T wrote:
Victory wrote:
I think the best bet on the game 1 starting lineup would be Paveletzke, Mitchell, Brown, Hadaway, Clayton. I suspect that most of the board would guess the same. James started 18 games last year. Ayden Evans was a 4 star recruit. We have two more three star recruits plus one more scholarship to fill......


My expectations for Evans are already unfair to him, but boy do I expect some huge minutes and major impact.

Not expecting Enrique Freeman [from day one ;)] but his size and athleticism is something we haven't had in Athens... ever... crazy to think we could go from starting last season with a 6'4" four man, to a line-up of 6'4", 6'4", 6'8", 6'9", 6'10"... wowsers.


Judging by how Boals has handled young bigs in the past I don't expect Evans to have minutes right away. I believe Searls will get those minutes. It's pretty easy to determine that Reef, AJ Brown, Clayton and Hadaway will be joined by Paveletzke, who I completely expect to revert back to his Wofford self. That gives us Elliott, EJ4, Searls and Sheldon off the bench? Heck yes. Order me up that rotation and toss in a little Ben Nichol (5 minutes here and there) or Ayden Evans as he progresses.

Last Edited: 5/14/2024 2:36:38 PM by Bobcat1998

Back to Top
  
GoCats105
General User

Member Since: 1/31/2006
Location: Seattle, WA
Post Count: 6,971

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Portal starts up again March 18th
   Posted: 5/14/2024 3:31:20 PM 
M.D.W.S.T wrote:


but his size and athleticism is something we haven't had in Athens... ever...


The Mo N'Dour slander is real.
Back to Top
  
FearLeon
General User



Member Since: 3/12/2005
Post Count: 4,187

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Portal starts up again March 18th
   Posted: 5/14/2024 3:56:59 PM 
M.D.W.S.T wrote:
Victory wrote:
I think the best bet on the game 1 starting lineup would be Paveletzke, Mitchell, Brown, Hadaway, Clayton. I suspect that most of the board would guess the same. James started 18 games last year. Ayden Evans was a 4 star recruit. We have two more three star recruits plus one more scholarship to fill......


My expectations for Evans are already unfair to him, but boy do I expect some huge minutes and major impact.

Not expecting Enrique Freeman [from day one ;)] but his size and athleticism is something we haven't had in Athens... ever... crazy to think we could go from starting last season with a 6'4" four man, to a line-up of 6'4", 6'4", 6'8", 6'9", 6'10"... wowsers.


I have high hopes for Ayden as well. I just don't see anymore than 8-10 per game minutes his freshman year...if we are lucky.


#BleedGreen #TrentIsGOAT

Back to Top
  
FJC31
General User

Member Since: 3/31/2022
Post Count: 1,312

Status: Online

  Message Not Read  RE: Portal starts up again March 18th
   Posted: 5/14/2024 4:42:30 PM 
FearLeon wrote:
M.D.W.S.T wrote:
Victory wrote:
I think the best bet on the game 1 starting lineup would be Paveletzke, Mitchell, Brown, Hadaway, Clayton. I suspect that most of the board would guess the same. James started 18 games last year. Ayden Evans was a 4 star recruit. We have two more three star recruits plus one more scholarship to fill......


My expectations for Evans are already unfair to him, but boy do I expect some huge minutes and major impact.

Not expecting Enrique Freeman [from day one ;)] but his size and athleticism is something we haven't had in Athens... ever... crazy to think we could go from starting last season with a 6'4" four man, to a line-up of 6'4", 6'4", 6'8", 6'9", 6'10"... wowsers.


I have high hopes for Ayden as well. I just don't see anymore than 8-10 per game minutes his freshman year...if we are lucky.


We’re gonna have to hope for 10-15 if more size isn’t brought in. That said, I do see him eased in and pending how he handles is, an uptick by conference play.
Back to Top
  
GoCats105
General User

Member Since: 1/31/2006
Location: Seattle, WA
Post Count: 6,971

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Portal starts up again March 18th
   Posted: 5/14/2024 5:28:10 PM 
Both Colin Granger and Nolan Foster saw action in 20+ games during their freshman campaigns. As long as Evans can provide some valuable minutes while the other guys get a blow, I think Boals will be happy with that. He doesn't need to be All-MAC from day one. Just be able to do SOMETHING.
Back to Top
  
FearLeon
General User



Member Since: 3/12/2005
Post Count: 4,187

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Portal starts up again March 18th
   Posted: 5/14/2024 5:52:30 PM 
FJC31 wrote:
FearLeon wrote:
M.D.W.S.T wrote:
Victory wrote:
I think the best bet on the game 1 starting lineup would be Paveletzke, Mitchell, Brown, Hadaway, Clayton. I suspect that most of the board would guess the same. James started 18 games last year. Ayden Evans was a 4 star recruit. We have two more three star recruits plus one more scholarship to fill......


My expectations for Evans are already unfair to him, but boy do I expect some huge minutes and major impact.

Not expecting Enrique Freeman [from day one ;)] but his size and athleticism is something we haven't had in Athens... ever... crazy to think we could go from starting last season with a 6'4" four man, to a line-up of 6'4", 6'4", 6'8", 6'9", 6'10"... wowsers.


I have high hopes for Ayden as well. I just don't see anymore than 8-10 per game minutes his freshman year...if we are lucky.


We’re gonna have to hope for 10-15 if more size isn’t brought in. That said, I do see him eased in and pending how he handles is, an uptick by conference play.


The reason why I said 8-10 minutes is because I’m thinking we are going to add one more big and I have concern about his frame. He will put on weight obviously, but do I see him getting 20 minutes per game with his current frame as a true frosh….I don’t….but I wouldn’t mind being wrong in this case.

Last Edited: 5/14/2024 5:54:34 PM by FearLeon


#BleedGreen #TrentIsGOAT

Back to Top
  
FearLeon
General User



Member Since: 3/12/2005
Post Count: 4,187

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Portal starts up again March 18th
   Posted: 5/14/2024 5:56:21 PM 
GoCats105 wrote:
Both Colin Granger and Nolan Foster saw action in 20+ games during their freshman campaigns. As long as Evans can provide some valuable minutes while the other guys get a blow, I think Boals will be happy with that. He doesn't need to be All-MAC from day one. Just be able to do SOMETHING.


Exactly. Just contribute.


#BleedGreen #TrentIsGOAT

Back to Top
  
shabamon
General User



Member Since: 11/17/2006
Location: Cincinnati
Post Count: 6,226

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Portal starts up again March 18th
   Posted: 5/14/2024 10:34:03 PM 
Ousmane to Okie State.

Wright State's AJ Braun to Cal Baptist.
Back to Top
  
FJC31
General User

Member Since: 3/31/2022
Post Count: 1,312

Status: Online

  Message Not Read  RE: Portal starts up again March 18th
   Posted: 5/15/2024 8:20:21 AM 
FearLeon wrote:
FJC31 wrote:
FearLeon wrote:
M.D.W.S.T wrote:
Victory wrote:
I think the best bet on the game 1 starting lineup would be Paveletzke, Mitchell, Brown, Hadaway, Clayton. I suspect that most of the board would guess the same. James started 18 games last year. Ayden Evans was a 4 star recruit. We have two more three star recruits plus one more scholarship to fill......


My expectations for Evans are already unfair to him, but boy do I expect some huge minutes and major impact.

Not expecting Enrique Freeman [from day one ;)] but his size and athleticism is something we haven't had in Athens... ever... crazy to think we could go from starting last season with a 6'4" four man, to a line-up of 6'4", 6'4", 6'8", 6'9", 6'10"... wowsers.


I have high hopes for Ayden as well. I just don't see anymore than 8-10 per game minutes his freshman year...if we are lucky.


We’re gonna have to hope for 10-15 if more size isn’t brought in. That said, I do see him eased in and pending how he handles is, an uptick by conference play.


The reason why I said 8-10 minutes is because I’m thinking we are going to add one more big and I have concern about his frame. He will put on weight obviously, but do I see him getting 20 minutes per game with his current frame as a true frosh….I don’t….but I wouldn’t mind being wrong in this case.


I figured and I’m hoping another big is brought in too. It’s officially May 15th and a lot of the guys we may have been tied/in contact with are finding homes.

I know Jeff said Boals is unsure what they’ll do with the last schollie via Cincy caravan. So, in the situation it isn’t used or isn’t used on size, really gotta hope Evans can chip in some meaningful minutes.
Back to Top
  
FJC31
General User

Member Since: 3/31/2022
Post Count: 1,312

Status: Online

  Message Not Read  RE: Portal starts up again March 18th
   Posted: 5/15/2024 8:22:00 AM 
shabamon wrote:
Ousmane to Okie State.

Wright State's AJ Braun to Cal Baptist.


Forgot about Braun. Cal Baptist seems random. Beautiful campus, though.
Back to Top
  
Showing Replies:  601 - 625  of 748 Posts
Jump to Page:  < Previous    1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30    Next >
View Other 'Ohio Basketball' Topics
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             







Copyright ©2024 BobcatAttack.com. All rights reserved.  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Use
Partner of USA TODAY Sports Digital Properties