Ohio Basketball
Topic:  RE: MAC Portal Watchin 2024

Topic:  RE: MAC Portal Watchin 2024
Author
General User

Member Since: 12/7/2023

Message Not Read  RE: MAC Portal Watchin 2024
   Posted: 7/6/2024 8:51:29 AM 
Perhaps not this year, but in the future shouldn’t WMU be in the mix annually for the championship? As I recall they announced a $550 million gift last year. While most of it was going to their medical school and a few undergraduate programs, there was $50 million set aside for “athletics.” Presumably, some of this will be used to pay athletes, either through the NIL ruse, or directly to players as employees, if that comes about.

OUcat
General User

Member Since: 10/13/2011

Message Not Read  RE: MAC Portal Watchin 2024
   Posted: 7/6/2024 4:19:48 PM 
JimLurker34 wrote:
Perhaps not this year, but in the future shouldn’t WMU be in the mix annually for the championship? As I recall they announced a $550 million gift last year. While most of it was going to their medical school and a few undergraduate programs, there was $50 million set aside for “athletics.” Presumably, some of this will be used to pay athletes, either through the NIL ruse, or directly to players as employees, if that comes about.

My guess is, they put the bulk of that $$$ into football. In their mind, they are a football school. Which stinks, because of the three Michigans, I'd take WMU's basketball history (overall) first though I admit EMU's NCAA Tournament runs in 80s and 90s sit at the top of the list.

Showing Replies:  376 - 377  of 377 Posts
Jump to Page:  < Previous    1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16
View Other 'Ohio Basketball' Topics

Copyright ©2024 BobcatAttack.com. All rights reserved.  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Use
Partner of USA TODAY Sports Digital Properties