Welcome Guest!
Create an Account
login email:
password:
site searchwhere to watchcontact usabout usadvertise with ushelp
Message Board

BobcatAttack.com Message Board
General Ohio University Discussion/Alumni Events
Topic:  RE: Best place to retire in Ohio?

Topic:  RE: Best place to retire in Ohio?
Author
Message
BillyTheCat
General User

Member Since: 10/6/2012
Post Count: 9,535

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Best place to retire in Ohio?
   Posted: 4/22/2023 2:35:07 PM 
OhioCatFan wrote:
BillyTheCat wrote:
MonroeClassmate wrote:
bobcatsquared wrote:
And it keeps getting better for Ohioans. The Ohio GOP just voted to disenfranchise our overseas and deployed military members. And decided 1 drop box was enough for each county, whether or not that county has over 1 million people (Franklin, Cuyahoga) or only 14,500 people (Vinton).


It would be discrimination against the residents of less populated counties. Why make Gramps drive 30 miles to the county seat when someone in a populated area can drop a ballot off at the corner 7/11? Population has nothing to do with it because the drop box will be big enough and able to hold all the ballots, you don't need more than one.

One box can more easily be monitored as well.

Vote absentee and stick it in your mail box, that's probably closer than any drop box.



Except the absentee concept you promote is also under attack in many states, with only exceptions being military.


Not in Ohio. You can vote absentee for any reason at any election. All you have to do is request the absentee ballot. I've done it many times.


Did you not notice I said "under attack"????? Inferring the effort is there to restrict voting.

I know you like to ignore stuff like this, but I will post it anyway!

https://ohiocapitaljournal.com/2022/11/22/voting-advocate... /
Back to Top
  
MonroeClassmate
General User

Member Since: 8/31/2010
Post Count: 2,010

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Best place to retire in Ohio?
   Posted: 4/22/2023 7:48:37 PM 
BillyTheCat wrote:
OhioCatFan wrote:
BillyTheCat wrote:
MonroeClassmate wrote:
bobcatsquared wrote:
And it keeps getting better for Ohioans. The Ohio GOP just voted to disenfranchise our overseas and deployed military members. And decided 1 drop box was enough for each county, whether or not that county has over 1 million people (Franklin, Cuyahoga) or only 14,500 people (Vinton).


It would be discrimination against the residents of less populated counties. Why make Gramps drive 30 miles to the county seat when someone in a populated area can drop a ballot off at the corner 7/11? Population has nothing to do with it because the drop box will be big enough and able to hold all the ballots, you don't need more than one.

One box can more easily be monitored as well.

Vote absentee and stick it in your mail box, that's probably closer than any drop box.



Except the absentee concept you promote is also under attack in many states, with only exceptions being military.


Not in Ohio. You can vote absentee for any reason at any election. All you have to do is request the absentee ballot. I've done it many times.


Did you not notice I said "under attack"????? Inferring the effort is there to restrict voting.

I know you like to ignore stuff like this, but I will post it anyway!

https://ohiocapitaljournal.com/2022/11/22/voting-advocate... /


The articles title clearly says absentee but nothing in the body can be found specifically pointing to any proposed changes to absentee voting. The article was also written back in November 2022; any further developments on absentee changes?

Last Edited: 4/22/2023 7:56:42 PM by MonroeClassmate

Back to Top
  
Bobcat Love's Sense of Shame
General User

Member Since: 7/30/2010
Post Count: 3,304

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Best place to retire in Ohio?
   Posted: 4/23/2023 10:38:09 AM 
MonroeClassmate wrote:
BillyTheCat wrote:
OhioCatFan wrote:
BillyTheCat wrote:
MonroeClassmate wrote:
bobcatsquared wrote:
And it keeps getting better for Ohioans. The Ohio GOP just voted to disenfranchise our overseas and deployed military members. And decided 1 drop box was enough for each county, whether or not that county has over 1 million people (Franklin, Cuyahoga) or only 14,500 people (Vinton).


It would be discrimination against the residents of less populated counties. Why make Gramps drive 30 miles to the county seat when someone in a populated area can drop a ballot off at the corner 7/11? Population has nothing to do with it because the drop box will be big enough and able to hold all the ballots, you don't need more than one.

One box can more easily be monitored as well.

Vote absentee and stick it in your mail box, that's probably closer than any drop box.



Except the absentee concept you promote is also under attack in many states, with only exceptions being military.


Not in Ohio. You can vote absentee for any reason at any election. All you have to do is request the absentee ballot. I've done it many times.


Did you not notice I said "under attack"????? Inferring the effort is there to restrict voting.

I know you like to ignore stuff like this, but I will post it anyway!

https://ohiocapitaljournal.com/2022/11/22/voting-advocate... /


The articles title clearly says absentee but nothing in the body can be found specifically pointing to any proposed changes to absentee voting. The article was also written back in November 2022; any further developments on absentee changes?


The article includes a link to the actual legislation proposed in the very first sentence of the section called "The Proposals." Several are very specifically about absentee voting.

The changes impact how absentee ballots are requested, and the timelines to request them.

What is the fundamental problem these changes are addressing and what's motivating the changes?
Back to Top
  
bobcatsquared
General User

Member Since: 12/20/2004
Post Count: 5,060

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Best place to retire in Ohio?
   Posted: 4/23/2023 2:51:14 PM 
Bobcat Love's Sense of Shame wrote:
What is the fundamental problem these changes are addressing and what's motivating the changes?


The fundamental problem? The fear of voter fraud, which occurred at a rate of 0.0005% in the 2020 Ohio general election, according to Republican Secretary of State Frank LaRose. In other words, one illegal vote for every 200,000 votes.

The GOP motivation? Voter suppression to go along with their already advantageous gerrymandered districts.
Back to Top
  
akroncat
General User

Member Since: 7/23/2010
Location: Akron, OH
Post Count: 189

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Best place to retire in Ohio?
   Posted: 4/23/2023 7:05:45 PM 
I personally know Frank LaRose and he is a good man. Just because he and I are Republicans doesn't make us bad. I have voted every year since I was 21 (remember some of us couldn't vote at 18). I have never had a problem in 52 years. It is so much easier to vote today than ever. I have lived in 3 states and Ohio has been the easiest overall. You can't go to the doctor's office and vote without a picture ID. They are free if you don't have a driver's license. It only takes a little effort to vote and if you are not willing to do a bare minimum for that right, maybe you shouldn't vote. Remember the purple fingers in Iraq.
Back to Top
  
Bobcat Love's Sense of Shame
General User

Member Since: 7/30/2010
Post Count: 3,304

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Best place to retire in Ohio?
   Posted: 4/23/2023 7:39:07 PM 
akroncat wrote:
I personally know Frank LaRose and he is a good man. Just because he and I are Republicans doesn't make us bad. I have voted every year since I was 21 (remember some of us couldn't vote at 18). I have never had a problem in 52 years. It is so much easier to vote today than ever. I have lived in 3 states and Ohio has been the easiest overall. You can't go to the doctor's office and vote without a picture ID. They are free if you don't have a driver's license. It only takes a little effort to vote and if you are not willing to do a bare minimum for that right, maybe you shouldn't vote. Remember the purple fingers in Iraq.


I don't follow. You're saying you've never had a problem and that the current system makes it easy to vote.

So why the changes? There's been no discernable fraud. What's the point of the changes?
Back to Top
  
bobcatsquared
General User

Member Since: 12/20/2004
Post Count: 5,060

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Best place to retire in Ohio?
   Posted: 4/23/2023 8:02:11 PM 
akroncat wrote:
I personally know Frank LaRose and he is a good man.


Since you know him, can you ask him a question (or 3, or 4) for me?

Is he for or against special elections in August? Or does it all depend on if the election can possibly benefit his party or not?

Last Edited: 4/23/2023 8:03:31 PM by bobcatsquared

Back to Top
  
MonroeClassmate
General User

Member Since: 8/31/2010
Post Count: 2,010

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Best place to retire in Ohio?
   Posted: 4/23/2023 10:54:02 PM 
Bobcat Love's Sense of Shame wrote:
akroncat wrote:
I personally know Frank LaRose and he is a good man. Just because he and I are Republicans doesn't make us bad. I have voted every year since I was 21 (remember some of us couldn't vote at 18). I have never had a problem in 52 years. It is so much easier to vote today than ever. I have lived in 3 states and Ohio has been the easiest overall. You can't go to the doctor's office and vote without a picture ID. They are free if you don't have a driver's license. It only takes a little effort to vote and if you are not willing to do a bare minimum for that right, maybe you shouldn't vote. Remember the purple fingers in Iraq.


I don't follow. You're saying you've never had a problem and that the current system makes it easy to vote.

So why the changes? There's been no discernable fraud. What's the point of the changes?


I can see your point, why change. Perhaps trying to keep fraud low as times change and technology and tactics evolve.

Why does the Treasury often change the design of US Currency? Perhaps to stay a couple of steps ahead of the potential cheats.

Back to Top
  
Bobcat Love's Sense of Shame
General User

Member Since: 7/30/2010
Post Count: 3,304

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Best place to retire in Ohio?
   Posted: 4/24/2023 6:28:31 AM 
MonroeClassmate wrote:
Bobcat Love's Sense of Shame wrote:
akroncat wrote:
I personally know Frank LaRose and he is a good man. Just because he and I are Republicans doesn't make us bad. I have voted every year since I was 21 (remember some of us couldn't vote at 18). I have never had a problem in 52 years. It is so much easier to vote today than ever. I have lived in 3 states and Ohio has been the easiest overall. You can't go to the doctor's office and vote without a picture ID. They are free if you don't have a driver's license. It only takes a little effort to vote and if you are not willing to do a bare minimum for that right, maybe you shouldn't vote. Remember the purple fingers in Iraq.


I don't follow. You're saying you've never had a problem and that the current system makes it easy to vote.

So why the changes? There's been no discernable fraud. What's the point of the changes?


I can see your point, why change. Perhaps trying to keep fraud low as times change and technology and tactics evolve.

Why does the Treasury often change the design of US Currency? Perhaps to stay a couple of steps ahead of the potential cheats.



How do these changes accomplish that?
Back to Top
  
rpbobcat
General User

Member Since: 4/28/2006
Location: Rochelle Park, NJ
Post Count: 3,524

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Best place to retire in Ohio?
   Posted: 4/24/2023 7:02:42 AM 
bobcatsquared wrote:

The fundamental problem? The fear of voter fraud, which occurred at a rate of 0.0005% in the 2020 Ohio general election, according to Republican Secretary of State Frank LaRose. In other words, one illegal vote for every 200,000 votes.



Do you know where the 0.0005% came from and what its based on ?

Its not like a person who is voting illegally is going to announce or
admit it.

You need a picture I.D. to cash a check ,stay in a motel, or fly.

Picture I.D.'s can be provided free.
States can "go to the people" (N.J. sets up remote locations
for things like Passports and Driver's Licenses), so what's the problem
with having the same minimal level of identification for voting ?






Last Edited: 4/24/2023 7:03:39 AM by rpbobcat

Back to Top
  
Bobcat Love's Sense of Shame
General User

Member Since: 7/30/2010
Post Count: 3,304

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Best place to retire in Ohio?
   Posted: 4/24/2023 8:09:36 AM 
rpbobcat wrote:
bobcatsquared wrote:

The fundamental problem? The fear of voter fraud, which occurred at a rate of 0.0005% in the 2020 Ohio general election, according to Republican Secretary of State Frank LaRose. In other words, one illegal vote for every 200,000 votes.



Do you know where the 0.0005% came from and what its based on ?

Its not like a person who is voting illegally is going to announce or
admit it.

You need a picture I.D. to cash a check ,stay in a motel, or fly.

Picture I.D.'s can be provided free.
States can "go to the people" (N.J. sets up remote locations
for things like Passports and Driver's Licenses), so what's the problem
with having the same minimal level of identification for voting ?



On the issue of the 2nd Amendment, modern Conservatives are insistent that any regulations around gun ownership are expressly prohibited by the constitution. Background checks, red flag laws -- even the most common sense proposals are a non-starter.

But the constitutional right to vote? Modern Conservatives are totally fine with arbitrary rules and restrictions even when they can't state the problem those rules and restrictions address.

They're happy to expand restrictions in the face of a completely hypothetical problem they've imagined and are now terrified of, while trying to convince Americans that gun violence is just "the price of freedom" because of the constitution.

How do you reconcile that inconsistency?

Last Edited: 4/24/2023 8:27:32 AM by Bobcat Love's Sense of Shame

Back to Top
  
rpbobcat
General User

Member Since: 4/28/2006
Location: Rochelle Park, NJ
Post Count: 3,524

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Best place to retire in Ohio?
   Posted: 4/24/2023 10:18:53 AM 
Bobcat Love's Sense of Shame wrote:
rpbobcat wrote:
bobcatsquared wrote:

The fundamental problem? The fear of voter fraud, which occurred at a rate of 0.0005% in the 2020 Ohio general election, according to Republican Secretary of State Frank LaRose. In other words, one illegal vote for every 200,000 votes.



Do you know where the 0.0005% came from and what its based on ?

Its not like a person who is voting illegally is going to announce or
admit it.

You need a picture I.D. to cash a check ,stay in a motel, or fly.

Picture I.D.'s can be provided free.
States can "go to the people" (N.J. sets up remote locations
for things like Passports and Driver's Licenses), so what's the problem
with having the same minimal level of identification for voting ?



On the issue of the 2nd Amendment, modern Conservatives are insistent that any regulations around gun ownership are expressly prohibited by the constitution. Background checks, red flag laws -- even the most common sense proposals are a non-starter.

But the constitutional right to vote? Modern Conservatives are totally fine with arbitrary rules and restrictions even when they can't state the problem those rules and restrictions address.

They're happy to expand restrictions in the face of a completely hypothetical problem they've imagined and are now terrified of, while trying to convince Americans that gun violence is just "the price of freedom" because of the constitution.

How do you reconcile that inconsistency?


There were no inconsistencies in my post.

All I asked is why the US doesn't apply the same I.D. requirements to voting as they do to things like cashing a check.
Especially if they offer free I.D's and mobile locations to get one.

Don't know why you you brought up the Second Amendment.

I know that, to get my Firearm's License ,I needed to provide all kinds
of information, including a photo I.D.

I also needed to show my Firearm's License and a second photo I.D., whenever
I purchased a weapon.
Including a "person to person" purchase.

I've posted that I have no problem with background checks.
I've also said that anyone who wants to get a Firearm's License should have to pass a safety course.

I've seen Red Flag Laws be abused here in NJ.
So, no ,I'm not in favor of them without, certain safeguards.




Last Edited: 4/24/2023 10:21:40 AM by rpbobcat

Back to Top
  
Bobcat Love's Sense of Shame
General User

Member Since: 7/30/2010
Post Count: 3,304

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Best place to retire in Ohio?
   Posted: 4/24/2023 11:51:47 AM 
rpbobcat wrote:
Bobcat Love's Sense of Shame wrote:
rpbobcat wrote:
bobcatsquared wrote:

The fundamental problem? The fear of voter fraud, which occurred at a rate of 0.0005% in the 2020 Ohio general election, according to Republican Secretary of State Frank LaRose. In other words, one illegal vote for every 200,000 votes.



Do you know where the 0.0005% came from and what its based on ?

Its not like a person who is voting illegally is going to announce or
admit it.

You need a picture I.D. to cash a check ,stay in a motel, or fly.

Picture I.D.'s can be provided free.
States can "go to the people" (N.J. sets up remote locations
for things like Passports and Driver's Licenses), so what's the problem
with having the same minimal level of identification for voting ?



On the issue of the 2nd Amendment, modern Conservatives are insistent that any regulations around gun ownership are expressly prohibited by the constitution. Background checks, red flag laws -- even the most common sense proposals are a non-starter.

But the constitutional right to vote? Modern Conservatives are totally fine with arbitrary rules and restrictions even when they can't state the problem those rules and restrictions address.

They're happy to expand restrictions in the face of a completely hypothetical problem they've imagined and are now terrified of, while trying to convince Americans that gun violence is just "the price of freedom" because of the constitution.

How do you reconcile that inconsistency?


There were no inconsistencies in my post.

All I asked is why the US doesn't apply the same I.D. requirements to voting as they do to things like cashing a check.
Especially if they offer free I.D's and mobile locations to get one.

Don't know why you you brought up the Second Amendment.

I know that, to get my Firearm's License ,I needed to provide all kinds
of information, including a photo I.D.

I also needed to show my Firearm's License and a second photo I.D., whenever
I purchased a weapon.
Including a "person to person" purchase.

I've posted that I have no problem with background checks.
I've also said that anyone who wants to get a Firearm's License should have to pass a safety course.

I've seen Red Flag Laws be abused here in NJ.
So, no ,I'm not in favor of them without, certain safeguards




I was pointing out the inconsistencies in the ways that conservatives talk about constitutional rights. It differs substantially between guns and voting.



Back to Top
  
BillyTheCat
General User

Member Since: 10/6/2012
Post Count: 9,535

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Best place to retire in Ohio?
   Posted: 4/24/2023 12:49:37 PM 
Bobcat Love's Sense of Shame wrote:
rpbobcat wrote:
Bobcat Love's Sense of Shame wrote:
rpbobcat wrote:
bobcatsquared wrote:

The fundamental problem? The fear of voter fraud, which occurred at a rate of 0.0005% in the 2020 Ohio general election, according to Republican Secretary of State Frank LaRose. In other words, one illegal vote for every 200,000 votes.



Do you know where the 0.0005% came from and what its based on ?

Its not like a person who is voting illegally is going to announce or
admit it.

You need a picture I.D. to cash a check ,stay in a motel, or fly.

Picture I.D.'s can be provided free.
States can "go to the people" (N.J. sets up remote locations
for things like Passports and Driver's Licenses), so what's the problem
with having the same minimal level of identification for voting ?



On the issue of the 2nd Amendment, modern Conservatives are insistent that any regulations around gun ownership are expressly prohibited by the constitution. Background checks, red flag laws -- even the most common sense proposals are a non-starter.

But the constitutional right to vote? Modern Conservatives are totally fine with arbitrary rules and restrictions even when they can't state the problem those rules and restrictions address.

They're happy to expand restrictions in the face of a completely hypothetical problem they've imagined and are now terrified of, while trying to convince Americans that gun violence is just "the price of freedom" because of the constitution.

How do you reconcile that inconsistency?


There were no inconsistencies in my post.

All I asked is why the US doesn't apply the same I.D. requirements to voting as they do to things like cashing a check.
Especially if they offer free I.D's and mobile locations to get one.

Don't know why you you brought up the Second Amendment.

I know that, to get my Firearm's License ,I needed to provide all kinds
of information, including a photo I.D.

I also needed to show my Firearm's License and a second photo I.D., whenever
I purchased a weapon.
Including a "person to person" purchase.

I've posted that I have no problem with background checks.
I've also said that anyone who wants to get a Firearm's License should have to pass a safety course.

I've seen Red Flag Laws be abused here in NJ.
So, no ,I'm not in favor of them without, certain safeguards




I was pointing out the inconsistencies in the ways that conservatives talk about constitutional rights. It differs substantially between guns and voting.





It also varies greatly when it comes to businesses being able to conduct business. See Bud Light.
Back to Top
  
rpbobcat
General User

Member Since: 4/28/2006
Location: Rochelle Park, NJ
Post Count: 3,524

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Best place to retire in Ohio?
   Posted: 4/24/2023 1:14:36 PM 
Bobcat Love's Sense of Shame wrote:

I was pointing out the inconsistencies in the ways that conservatives talk about constitutional rights. It differs substantially between guns and voting.



Which have absolutely nothing to do with what I posted.



Back to Top
  
rpbobcat
General User

Member Since: 4/28/2006
Location: Rochelle Park, NJ
Post Count: 3,524

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Best place to retire in Ohio?
   Posted: 4/24/2023 1:21:55 PM 
BillyTheCat wrote:


It also varies greatly when it comes to businesses being able to conduct business. See Bud Light.


Bud light chose to use a trans as a spokesperson.

No one said they couldn't.

Its their right.

Customers and stockholders didn't agree with their choice,
resulting a +/-$6 B loss for the company.

People spoke with their wallets.

That's their right too.




Back to Top
  
Bobcat Love's Sense of Shame
General User

Member Since: 7/30/2010
Post Count: 3,304

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Best place to retire in Ohio?
   Posted: 4/24/2023 1:25:25 PM 
rpbobcat wrote:
Bobcat Love's Sense of Shame wrote:

I was pointing out the inconsistencies in the ways that conservatives talk about constitutional rights. It differs substantially between guns and voting.



Which have absolutely nothing to do with what I posted.



You posted about how you support greater requirements around voting registration. Presumably you support the same around the second amendment?

If so, you're right. My point's not relevant here.

Last Edited: 4/24/2023 1:38:07 PM by Bobcat Love's Sense of Shame

Back to Top
  
Bobcat Love's Sense of Shame
General User

Member Since: 7/30/2010
Post Count: 3,304

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Best place to retire in Ohio?
   Posted: 4/24/2023 1:30:34 PM 
rpbobcat wrote:
BillyTheCat wrote:


It also varies greatly when it comes to businesses being able to conduct business. See Bud Light.


Bud light chose to use a trans as a spokesperson.

No one said they couldn't.

Its their right.

Customers and stockholders didn't agree with their choice,
resulting a +/-$6 B loss for the company.

People spoke with their wallets.

That's their right too.


Customers didn't speak with their wallets. Unless you think Bud Light sells 6 billion dollars worth of Bud Light in a 2 week period.

Actually, what happened was sales declined by 7% in one week, and then 3.7% the next. They declined because of a national effort by conservatives to make it so. Fear from those declines caused the stock to drop and 6b in market cap was lost. Sales will recover when people forget about this in a week. Market cap will recover, too.

But the people who were fired still won't have their jobs. This is exactly what conservatives refer to as cancel culture when other people do it.

But you're right. It's their right. We'll see if they're self-aware enough to recognize their hypocrisy the next time they go ranting about cancel culture.



Last Edited: 4/24/2023 1:39:28 PM by Bobcat Love's Sense of Shame

Back to Top
  
rpbobcat
General User

Member Since: 4/28/2006
Location: Rochelle Park, NJ
Post Count: 3,524

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Best place to retire in Ohio?
   Posted: 4/24/2023 3:09:02 PM 
Bobcat Love's Sense of Shame wrote:


Customers didn't speak with their wallets. Unless you think Bud Light sells 6 billion dollars worth of Bud Light in a 2 week period.

Actually, what happened was sales declined by 7% in one week, and then 3.7% the next. They declined because of a national effort by conservatives to make it so. Fear from those declines caused the stock to drop and 6b in market cap was lost. Sales will recover when people forget about this in a week. Market cap will recover, too.

But the people who were fired still won't have their jobs. This is exactly what conservatives refer to as cancel culture when other people do it.

But you're right. It's their right. We'll see if they're self-aware enough to recognize their hypocrisy the next time they go ranting about cancel culture.





If you read my post, I said "customers and stockholders" .

Selling off stock is "speaking with your wallet".

Will sales recover ?

I guess we'll find out.

Will stocks recover.

I guess we'll find out too.

Bud made a poor marketing decision.
Hit them in their "bottom line"

Based on the number of sponsors who dropped the
product, I think sales my not recover for a while.




Back to Top
  
rpbobcat
General User

Member Since: 4/28/2006
Location: Rochelle Park, NJ
Post Count: 3,524

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Best place to retire in Ohio?
   Posted: 4/24/2023 3:39:14 PM 
Bobcat Love's Sense of Shame wrote:


You posted about how you support greater requirements around voting registration. Presumably you support the same around the second amendment?



If you read my post, I said exactly how I feel about the Second Amendment.

A.I have no problem with background checks.
(I said I have one done even on a "person to person" sale, which is exempt).

B.I believe that to get a Firearm's License, you should have to
pass a Safety Course.
(I did when I got my Firearm's License)

C.I have seen "Red Flag" laws in NJ be abused.

If you're going to have them, they have to have specific, objective conditions.

Last Edited: 4/24/2023 3:42:57 PM by rpbobcat

Back to Top
  
rpbobcat
General User

Member Since: 4/28/2006
Location: Rochelle Park, NJ
Post Count: 3,524

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Best place to retire in Ohio?
   Posted: 4/24/2023 3:40:18 PM 
Double Post
Sorry

Last Edited: 4/24/2023 3:42:17 PM by rpbobcat

Back to Top
  
Bobcat Love's Sense of Shame
General User

Member Since: 7/30/2010
Post Count: 3,304

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Best place to retire in Ohio?
   Posted: 4/24/2023 6:38:09 PM 
rpbobcat wrote:
Bobcat Love's Sense of Shame wrote:


Customers didn't speak with their wallets. Unless you think Bud Light sells 6 billion dollars worth of Bud Light in a 2 week period.

Actually, what happened was sales declined by 7% in one week, and then 3.7% the next. They declined because of a national effort by conservatives to make it so. Fear from those declines caused the stock to drop and 6b in market cap was lost. Sales will recover when people forget about this in a week. Market cap will recover, too.

But the people who were fired still won't have their jobs. This is exactly what conservatives refer to as cancel culture when other people do it.

But you're right. It's their right. We'll see if they're self-aware enough to recognize their hypocrisy the next time they go ranting about cancel culture.





If you read my post, I said "customers and stockholders" .

Selling off stock is "speaking with your wallet".

Will sales recover ?

I guess we'll find out.

Will stocks recover.

I guess we'll find out too.

Bud made a poor marketing decision.
Hit them in their "bottom line"

Based on the number of sponsors who dropped the
product, I think sales my not recover for a while.






If transphobia is so thorough that Bud Light's sales never recover because they made a can for an Instagram influencer, America's hatred runs deeper than I ever could have imagined.

Whatever happened to letting people live their lives, even when you disagree with their choices?

Just don't understand why Americans are so afraid all the time. It's weird.
Back to Top
  
rpbobcat
General User

Member Since: 4/28/2006
Location: Rochelle Park, NJ
Post Count: 3,524

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Best place to retire in Ohio?
   Posted: 4/25/2023 7:01:16 AM 
Bobcat Love's Sense of Shame wrote:


If transphobia is so thorough that Bud Light's sales never recover because they made a can for an Instagram influencer, America's hatred runs deeper than I ever could have imagined.

Whatever happened to letting people live their lives, even when you disagree with their choices?

Just don't understand why Americans are so afraid all the time. It's weird.


Dylan Mulvaney is free to live their life however they want.

Haven't heard anyone even mention that they shouldn't be.

But so are people who drank Bud Light and owned their stock.

Yet, they are ones who you call "phobic" or "afraid" for exercising
their rights.







Back to Top
  
Deciduous Forest Cat
General User

Member Since: 12/20/2004
Location: Ohio
Post Count: 4,319

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Best place to retire in Ohio?
   Posted: 4/25/2023 7:22:02 AM 
rpbobcat wrote:
Bobcat Love's Sense of Shame wrote:


If transphobia is so thorough that Bud Light's sales never recover because they made a can for an Instagram influencer, America's hatred runs deeper than I ever could have imagined.

Whatever happened to letting people live their lives, even when you disagree with their choices?

Just don't understand why Americans are so afraid all the time. It's weird.


Dylan Mulvaney is free to live their life however they want.

Haven't heard anyone even mention that they shouldn't be.

But so are people who drank Bud Light and owned their stock.

Yet, they are ones who you call "phobic" or "afraid" for exercising
their rights.




They are. They are whiny little snowflake bit**es. kid rock using an automatic weapon to shoot up a thousand cans of bud light -- that he bought -- is the dumbest, funniest and saddest thing and most 'Merican thing I may have ever seen. Some complete psycho going apeshit on the beer aisle at the grocer? these are unstable people.

Back to Top
  
greencat
General User



Member Since: 3/12/2005
Post Count: 2,094

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Best place to retire in Ohio?
   Posted: 4/25/2023 12:56:25 PM 
Beer? I saw Bud Ice on sale shortly after the controversy started. Had never tried it before. It's pretty good. I like it. And in case any RWNJs are wondering, it didn't turn me into a transvestite when I drank one.

Guns? I own a semi-automatic handgun purchased in Tennessee in the 1980's. They took my thumbprints and said there was a waiting period. I must have passed whatever background check was involved because a week later they called and said to come by and pick up my purchase. Did it hurt me to wait a week or have a background check? No. But I'm not a gun hording racist anti-government extremist either. Or a convicted felon. Or escapee from a mental hospital.

Now, with all that cleared up... does anybody think Athens is NOT a good place to retire? Lots of beautiful outdoor recreation to stay in shape. I hear the farmers market is a good place for produce to get into more healthy eating. Easy drive to Peden and the Convo to enjoy live sports. Anybody disagree with that? Wasn't this thread supposed to be about retiring? Yellow Spring might have been interesting but it certainly doesn't have what Athens offers.
Back to Top
  
Showing Replies:  76 - 100  of 143 Posts
Jump to Page:  < Previous    1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6    Next >
View Other 'General Ohio University Discussion/Alumni Events' Topics
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             







Copyright ©2024 BobcatAttack.com. All rights reserved.  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Use
Partner of USA TODAY Sports Digital Properties