Welcome Guest!
Create an Account
login email:
password:
site searchwhere to watchcontact usabout usadvertise with ushelp
Message Board

BobcatAttack.com Message Board
Ohio Basketball
Topic:  2023 Transfer Portal

Topic:  2023 Transfer Portal
Author
Message
GoCats105
General User

Member Since: 1/31/2006
Location: Seattle, WA
Post Count: 6,582

Status: Offline

  Sticky Topic - Message Not Read  2023 Transfer Portal
   Posted: 3/6/2023 2:45:39 PM 
The portal never stops.

https://www.verbalcommits.com/transfers/2023/D1

MAC Outgoing Transfers

Akron - Prince Mosengo, Kobe Mitchell, Garvin Clarke

Ball State - Kaiyem Cleary, Luke Bumbalough (Niagara), Payton Sparks (Indiana), Jalen Windham

BG - Jackson Watson, Rashaun Agee, Kaden Metheny (Liberty), Ubong Abasi Etim (Central Arkansas), Chandler Turner, Brenton Mills

Buffalo - Kidtrell Blocker, Yazid Powell, Devin Ceaser (ODU), Kuluel Mading (Norfolk State), Curtis Jones (Iowa State), LaQuill Hardnett (Arkansas State), Isaac Jack, Jaden Slaughter, Zaakir Williamson

CMU - Kevin Miller (Wake Forest), Reggie Bass (Kent State), Armani Drummond, Jesse Zarzuela, Nicolas Pavrette, Caleb Hodgson, Ola Ajiboye, Dylan Jergens, Emil Skyttš

EMU - Luka Savićević, Orlando Lovejoy, Noah Farrakhan, Joey Zaher

Kent State - Jarred Logan

Miami - Javin Etzler, Bryson Tatum, Kamari Williams, Wil Stevens, Billy Smith, Mitchell Rylee

NIU - Kaleb Thornton (Akron), Darweshi Hunter (Miami), Anthony Crump

Ohio - Olumide Adelodun

Toledo - E.J. Farmer (YSU), Elijah Wilson, J Wallace, Kooper Jacobi, Cooper Davis (Ashland)

WMU - Gus Etchison, Elisha Warren, Markeese Hastings, Shemani Fuller


-------


MAC Incoming Transfers

Akron: Shammah Scott (Wichita State), Kaleb Thornton (Northern Illinois)

Ball State: Jalin Anderson (Loyola Marymount)

CMU: Anthony Pritchard (Tulsa)

Kent State: Reggie Bass (Central Michigan)

Miami: Darweshi Hunter (Northern Illinois), Bradley Dean (Virginia Wise)

NIU: Doctor Bradley (New Mexico State)

Ohio: Shareef Mitchell (Creighton), Ike Cornish (Maryland)

Toledo: Ben Wight (William & Mary)

WMU: Chansey Willis, Jr. (Saginaw Valley State)

Last Edited: 4/21/2023 12:30:54 PM by GoCats105

Back to Top
  
GoCats105
General User

Member Since: 1/31/2006
Location: Seattle, WA
Post Count: 6,582

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2023 Transfer Portal
   Posted: 3/6/2023 2:45:53 PM 
Georgia State lost half their roster today.
Back to Top
  
Cellis033
General User



Member Since: 11/11/2021
Location: Powell, OH
Post Count: 1,429

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2023 Transfer Portal
   Posted: 3/6/2023 3:32:13 PM 
Kevin Miller of CMU back in portal. Spent entire last half of year injured


Chase
OU Engineering Technology and Management '24
O-Zone President
Bringing the noise!

Muck Fiami
Kent read, Kent write, Can't be a state!
Bowling Green Normal School

Back to Top
  
FJC31
General User

Member Since: 3/31/2022
Post Count: 618

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2023 Transfer Portal
   Posted: 3/6/2023 4:05:59 PM 
Let the fun begin. A week from now itís going to be wild and the season still hasnít ended.
Back to Top
  
M.D.W.S.T
General User



Member Since: 12/23/2021
Post Count: 647

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2023 Transfer Portal
   Posted: 3/6/2023 7:19:26 PM 
GoCats105 wrote:
Georgia State lost half their roster today.


They won 10-games so the entire bottom half of the roster is transferring.

Only 1 of their Top 7 scorers entered the portal.

Sad state of college basketball.
Back to Top
  
FearLeon
General User



Member Since: 3/12/2005
Post Count: 3,441

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2023 Transfer Portal
   Posted: 3/7/2023 1:19:13 AM 
Here we go. Our center for next season is most likely soon to be in the portal. Go get him Boals and staff.


#BleedGreen #TrentIsGOAT

Back to Top
  
FJC31
General User

Member Since: 3/31/2022
Post Count: 618

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2023 Transfer Portal
   Posted: 3/7/2023 8:49:25 AM 
FearLeon wrote:
Here we go. Our center for next season is most likely soon to be in the portal. Go get him Boals and staff.


And potentially our 4. We canít miss this time around. Outside of Dwight and Sylvester; this staff has had a lot of trouble with bigs in general.
Back to Top
  
FearLeon
General User



Member Since: 3/12/2005
Post Count: 3,441

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2023 Transfer Portal
   Posted: 3/7/2023 12:55:27 PM 
FJC31 wrote:
FearLeon wrote:
Here we go. Our center for next season is most likely soon to be in the portal. Go get him Boals and staff.


And potentially our 4. We canít miss this time around. Outside of Dwight and Sylvester; this staff has had a lot of trouble with bigs in general.


Iím with ya on the 4 and we canít miss with the bigs. Have to find portal gold.


#BleedGreen #TrentIsGOAT

Back to Top
  
greencat
General User



Member Since: 3/12/2005
Post Count: 1,539

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2023 Transfer Portal
   Posted: 3/7/2023 1:31:26 PM 
FearLeon wrote:
FJC31 wrote:
FearLeon wrote:
Here we go. Our center for next season is most likely soon to be in the portal. Go get him Boals and staff.


And potentially our 4. We canít miss this time around. Outside of Dwight and Sylvester; this staff has had a lot of trouble with bigs in general.


Iím with ya on the 4 and we canít miss with the bigs. Have to find portal gold.


BJ MACK at 6-8/250 already has the rumor mill working.

(the portal is not officially open until the 13th??)
Back to Top
  
greencat
General User



Member Since: 3/12/2005
Post Count: 1,539

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2023 Transfer Portal
   Posted: 3/7/2023 3:23:07 PM 
quote twitter:

Dartmouth grad transfer Dame Adelekun tells:

Vanderbilt, Arkansas, Ohio State, NC State, Loyola Chicago, Rhode Island, Santa Clara, ECU, Clemson, Seton Hall, Maryland and others.

The 6-foot-8, 220-pound forward averaged 13.8 PTS, 7.2 REB, 2.5 AST on 56.3% from the field this season.

Native of Gastonia, NC.
Back to Top
  
ohio9704
General User

Member Since: 2/11/2006
Post Count: 1,486

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2023 Transfer Portal
   Posted: 3/7/2023 4:23:18 PM 
greencat wrote:
FearLeon wrote:
FJC31 wrote:
FearLeon wrote:
Here we go. Our center for next season is most likely soon to be in the portal. Go get him Boals and staff.


And potentially our 4. We canít miss this time around. Outside of Dwight and Sylvester; this staff has had a lot of trouble with bigs in general.


Iím with ya on the 4 and we canít miss with the bigs. Have to find portal gold.


BJ MACK at 6-8/250 already has the rumor mill working.

(the portal is not officially open until the 13th??)



He will be an ACC/SEC guy.

Back to Top
  
greencat
General User



Member Since: 3/12/2005
Post Count: 1,539

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2023 Transfer Portal
   Posted: 3/7/2023 6:28:03 PM 
ohio9704 wrote:
greencat wrote:
FearLeon wrote:
FJC31 wrote:
FearLeon wrote:
Here we go. Our center for next season is most likely soon to be in the portal. Go get him Boals and staff.


And potentially our 4. We canít miss this time around. Outside of Dwight and Sylvester; this staff has had a lot of trouble with bigs in general.


Iím with ya on the 4 and we canít miss with the bigs. Have to find portal gold.


BJ MACK at 6-8/250 already has the rumor mill working.

(the portal is not officially open until the 13th??)



He will be an ACC/SEC guy.



Vandy would go over the limit but if one of the three upcoming "covid year seniors" doesn't grab the extra year or if a young players gets mad and leaves, then I could see him (the Dartmouth kid) in Nashville. A Dartmouth grad from North Carolina? Makes sense academically.

BJ Mack on the other hand? ACC/SEC/Big12/Big10... anywhere with an extra schollie. He also is from the Charlotte area but since he started out in college at USF...I could see UF, FSU, Miami all in the running beside UNC, Wake (if his grades are good), NC State, etc.

Last Edited: 3/7/2023 6:32:21 PM by greencat

Back to Top
  
FJC31
General User

Member Since: 3/31/2022
Post Count: 618

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2023 Transfer Portal
   Posted: 3/7/2023 6:43:16 PM 
ohio9704 wrote:
greencat wrote:
FearLeon wrote:
FJC31 wrote:
FearLeon wrote:
Here we go. Our center for next season is most likely soon to be in the portal. Go get him Boals and staff.


And potentially our 4. We canít miss this time around. Outside of Dwight and Sylvester; this staff has had a lot of trouble with bigs in general.


Iím with ya on the 4 and we canít miss with the bigs. Have to find portal gold.


BJ MACK at 6-8/250 already has the rumor mill working.

(the portal is not officially open until the 13th??)



He will be an ACC/SEC guy.



Yea, we need to tamper expectations on who we can realistically land. Mack had a helluva a year and has 1 remaining year of eligibility with the size of a P5 big. I anticipate him transferring up and getting some NIL compensation in the process.

That doesnít mean we canít strike Gold ó we did with Dwight; but Iím not sure weíre a landing spot for a big as accomplished as Mack or an equivalent of him.

Mackís teammate, Messiah Jones is also in the portal. Midwest native and could be a 4 target. Not sure if he has P5 written on him at only 6í6.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/...

Last Edited: 3/7/2023 6:44:37 PM by FJC31

Back to Top
  
GraffZ06
General User



Member Since: 1/5/2005
Location: Dayton, OH
Post Count: 1,494

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2023 Transfer Portal
   Posted: 3/7/2023 11:29:40 PM 
I mean...we pulled Quinn Corna. Let's not neuter ourselves either.
Back to Top
  
100%Cat
General User



Member Since: 1/17/2013
Post Count: 2,344

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2023 Transfer Portal
   Posted: 3/8/2023 10:01:33 AM 
Is it more likely to find a small school guy that's looking to step up in competition or a P5 guy who's looking to step down? And here's something that's been on my mind lately...what happened to all the Juco players that used to seem so common coming into the MAC? I know Kent had a guard several years ago that was a very good player that came from Juco ranks. Obviously, Mo N'Dour was a Juco guy for us. Are Juco transfers not really a "thing" anymore with all the mobility within D1 for players?
Back to Top
  
FearLeon
General User



Member Since: 3/12/2005
Post Count: 3,441

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2023 Transfer Portal
   Posted: 3/8/2023 10:39:56 AM 
I do wish Boals would look more internationally with the portal and I'm not talking Canada. Look at what Pat Kelsey has done at College of Charleston. 7 newcomers and I believe 5-6 of them are from outside the United States. Two of his best players are from Croatia and Australia.


#BleedGreen #TrentIsGOAT

Back to Top
  
GoCats105
General User

Member Since: 1/31/2006
Location: Seattle, WA
Post Count: 6,582

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2023 Transfer Portal
   Posted: 3/8/2023 11:36:38 AM 
FearLeon wrote:
I do wish Boals would look more internationally with the portal and I'm not talking Canada. Look at what Pat Kelsey has done at College of Charleston. 7 newcomers and I believe 5-6 of them are from outside the United States. Two of his best players are from Croatia and Australia.


This will be Kelsey's 3rd NCAA Tournament appearance in 7 years. Would be 4 if not for the 2020 Tournament being cancelled, and he also won a regular season title at Winthrop in another year. He's 48-18 at Charleston (.727) and 234-113 (.674) overall in his career.

If Coach Boals were to ever move on from Ohio, Kelsey better be at the top of the list to be his successor if he's still available.
Back to Top
  
FearLeon
General User



Member Since: 3/12/2005
Post Count: 3,441

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2023 Transfer Portal
   Posted: 3/8/2023 11:46:24 AM 
GoCats105 wrote:
FearLeon wrote:
I do wish Boals would look more internationally with the portal and I'm not talking Canada. Look at what Pat Kelsey has done at College of Charleston. 7 newcomers and I believe 5-6 of them are from outside the United States. Two of his best players are from Croatia and Australia.


This will be Kelsey's 3rd NCAA Tournament appearance in 7 years. Would be 4 if not for the 2020 Tournament being cancelled, and he also won a regular season title at Winthrop in another year. He's 48-18 at Charleston (.727) and 234-113 (.674) overall in his career.

If Coach Boals were to ever move on from Ohio, Kelsey better be at the top of the list to be his successor if he's still available.


Ummm...Pat Kelsey can do a hell of a lot better than Ohio with next job. He's P5 material now and if I'm Ohio State, Kelsey is my first call. Strong Ohio ties who can recruit the hell out of the state.




#BleedGreen #TrentIsGOAT

Back to Top
  
FJC31
General User

Member Since: 3/31/2022
Post Count: 618

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2023 Transfer Portal
   Posted: 3/8/2023 12:21:32 PM 
100%Cat wrote:
Is it more likely to find a small school guy that's looking to step up in competition or a P5 guy who's looking to step down? And here's something that's been on my mind lately...what happened to all the Juco players that used to seem so common coming into the MAC? I know Kent had a guard several years ago that was a very good player that came from Juco ranks. Obviously, Mo N'Dour was a Juco guy for us. Are Juco transfers not really a "thing" anymore with all the mobility within D1 for players?


Buffalo utilizes JUCO. Indian Hills has been a funnel for it since Hurley. Iím unsure why we donít go this route more often. I follow JUCO Advocate on Twitter and itís been sharing success stories of players left and right this month. For both mid-major and P5.

Iíll also add that D2-NAIA is an interesting way to go. I know Marquette added NAIA POY of the year (missed most of season) and Sekou Sylla became a rotational player for Towson. If thereís a scholly remaining after bigs addressed, going either of these three routes can help fill out the roster with a useful piece to the puzzle.

Last Edited: 3/8/2023 12:28:49 PM by FJC31

Back to Top
  
Bobcat1998
General User

Member Since: 11/7/2012
Post Count: 2,064

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2023 Transfer Portal
   Posted: 3/8/2023 12:32:51 PM 
TANNER FREAKIN HOLDEN..BRING HIM TO ATHENS NOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!
Back to Top
  
M.D.W.S.T
General User



Member Since: 12/23/2021
Post Count: 647

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2023 Transfer Portal
   Posted: 3/8/2023 12:59:16 PM 
FearLeon wrote:
GoCats105 wrote:
FearLeon wrote:
I do wish Boals would look more internationally with the portal and I'm not talking Canada. Look at what Pat Kelsey has done at College of Charleston. 7 newcomers and I believe 5-6 of them are from outside the United States. Two of his best players are from Croatia and Australia.


This will be Kelsey's 3rd NCAA Tournament appearance in 7 years. Would be 4 if not for the 2020 Tournament being cancelled, and he also won a regular season title at Winthrop in another year. He's 48-18 at Charleston (.727) and 234-113 (.674) overall in his career.

If Coach Boals were to ever move on from Ohio, Kelsey better be at the top of the list to be his successor if he's still available.


Ummm...Pat Kelsey can do a hell of a lot better than Ohio with next job. He's P5 material now and if I'm Ohio State, Kelsey is my first call. Strong Ohio ties who can recruit the hell out of the state.



Absolutely. Go back to the threads of Boals interviewing last year, I must've written Pat Kelsey down 50 times. Making the tournament again, he's a P5 lock. OSU should consider themselves lucky to be able to put in a call to him.
Back to Top
  
M.D.W.S.T
General User



Member Since: 12/23/2021
Post Count: 647

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2023 Transfer Portal
   Posted: 3/8/2023 1:03:05 PM 
Bobcat1998 wrote:
TANNER FREAKIN HOLDEN..BRING HIM TO ATHENS NOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!


Is he in the portal again? Thought he'd be a HUGE pick-up for OSU this season, and I think I've gotten more minutes. 20 point scorer for Wright State (Wrong College) last year. Hard to tell if this is more Holtmann shenanigans, or if hes having trouble adjusting.
Back to Top
  
GoCats105
General User

Member Since: 1/31/2006
Location: Seattle, WA
Post Count: 6,582

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2023 Transfer Portal
   Posted: 3/8/2023 1:44:09 PM 
FearLeon wrote:
GoCats105 wrote:
FearLeon wrote:
I do wish Boals would look more internationally with the portal and I'm not talking Canada. Look at what Pat Kelsey has done at College of Charleston. 7 newcomers and I believe 5-6 of them are from outside the United States. Two of his best players are from Croatia and Australia.


This will be Kelsey's 3rd NCAA Tournament appearance in 7 years. Would be 4 if not for the 2020 Tournament being cancelled, and he also won a regular season title at Winthrop in another year. He's 48-18 at Charleston (.727) and 234-113 (.674) overall in his career.

If Coach Boals were to ever move on from Ohio, Kelsey better be at the top of the list to be his successor if he's still available.


Ummm...Pat Kelsey can do a hell of a lot better than Ohio with next job. He's P5 material now and if I'm Ohio State, Kelsey is my first call. Strong Ohio ties who can recruit the hell out of the state.





You're talking about the same guy who turned down UMass to stay at Winthrop then laterally (or even a step down) went to Charleston. Anything is possible.
Back to Top
  
Victory
General User

Member Since: 3/10/2012
Post Count: 1,549

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2023 Transfer Portal
   Posted: 3/8/2023 2:53:35 PM 
M.D.W.S.T wrote:
Bobcat1998 wrote:
TANNER FREAKIN HOLDEN..BRING HIM TO ATHENS NOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!


Is he in the portal again? Thought he'd be a HUGE pick-up for OSU this season, and I think I've gotten more minutes. 20 point scorer for Wright State (Wrong College) last year. Hard to tell if this is more Holtmann shenanigans, or if hes having trouble adjusting.


I don't see anything on this unless Bobcat1998 has inside information or something. OSU's season will probably be over later today.

Last Edited: 3/8/2023 2:59:35 PM by Victory

Back to Top
  
GoCats105
General User

Member Since: 1/31/2006
Location: Seattle, WA
Post Count: 6,582

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2023 Transfer Portal
   Posted: 3/8/2023 3:30:57 PM 
Don't know how we feel about adding another guard, but DJ Moore is transferring from Liberty. Ohio offered him out of high school.

https://www.bobcatattack.com/messageboard/topic.asp?FromP...

EDIT: Scratch that, he's already committed to Indiana Wesleyan.

Last Edited: 3/8/2023 3:33:46 PM by GoCats105

Back to Top
  
Showing Replies:  1 - 25  of 1073 Posts
Jump to Page:  1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43    Next >
View Other 'Ohio Basketball' Topics
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             







Copyright ©2023 BobcatAttack.com. All rights reserved.  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Use
Partner of USA TODAY Sports Digital Properties